Suicide scout dose it realy work out?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

Vonholtz #1 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 11:14

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
Ok I have played most of the tier 4 scouts and no matter how bad some of them are I have find the longer I live the better the matchs gose. So why do I offen see scouts charge the big guns and just die? I have played some of the best tier 4 scouts Like the T-50 (long time back) and some of the worse scouts like the M5. I have never felt I need to go out and die. Now it happons make a wrong turn and boom. But I find that the match get funner and funner the longer I keep alive and do my job. So seeing how I have not done the suicide scout runs yet dose it work out or is this just a fast way out of a match and a tank?

Now I played the Pz38 NA it is slow but not all that bad good for waiting to get in and killing arty.

I played the T-50 long ago and it seems to be the best on the tier 4 scouts fasted good gun and hell even got a steel wall in it one time.

I have player the A-20 fast but burns speed in a turn. It guns are not so good and it blows up easy. In the end did ok as long as I did not have to shoot anyone.

Convenanter I did not do to good with and found it stock gun worked better then any of the others.

I am playing the M5 now and it a bad scout slow not much of a gun in high tiers. But suprised how well it can be a pain to the other team. It just a waste to charge in best to get spots hunt other socuts and then move in and draw fire off the big boys.

I have yet to play the Leopard I playing the Luchs right now and it a fun little scout in tier 3 I am not sure if the Leopard play the same.

So am I right is suicide scouting a waste of time and staying alive the best way to run a scout? And why do people run suicide scouts?

Edited by Vonholtz, Dec 28 2012 - 11:19.

cwjian90 #2 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 11:19

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
Suicide scouting very rarely works. People only do it because they get XP for detecting tanks, or they try to go after artillery at the beginning of the game. It usually doesn't help the team because more often than not the team will end up losing the scout for very little gain. You may cause some confusion and slow them down, but your own artillery will not be in a position to hit whatever you spot.

_ErwinRommel__ #3 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 11:19

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
yes you can see their formations and take their arty and confuse them and make them move in akward formations and help set up a defense but then you lose a tank so yes they work but id only use a tank that is fast but with a weak gun that way im not that much of a loss

Solinvictus #4 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 11:22

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
Suiciscout = noob scouting

It fails 80% of the time, you light stuff for 3 seconds then die.

Edited by Solinvictus, Dec 28 2012 - 11:23.

Metal_Church #5 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 11:24

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
no good

Vonholtz #6 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 11:28

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
So why I am talking about tier 4 socuts has anyone player the Leopard? And how dose it fit in with the others? I sould be geting one here soon.

Emothic #7 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 11:29

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
It worked for me, mainly cause I hate scouting. And seeing how I was forced to play a scout tank before I could move on to the next, I found this to be a very unstressful way to get through to the next teir tank.  That and I always like the looks of seeing 10+ enemy tanks shooting at me all missing when I'm doing a small zig-zag getting almost all the way to their spawn and try to get a few rounds into their arties.  I guess I didn't really try to souticide, just challange my self to see how far I can get and if I can kill any arties. Many times I was sucessful in ramming and shooting and arty to death before I died.

Rexxie #8 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 11:34

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
Suicide scouting is probably your best bet given you're not any good at light tanks, as long as you do it as the proper time.

However, for good light players, passive scouting means reliability. You can't charge headlong into enemy territory and reliably survive. Being able to reliably perform is the key to being a good player.

While you're learning the ropes (and training your crew), I would advise you to try to get used to passive scouting. While a suicide rush might be more effective at this point, you need to learn to be reliable asap.

apache1990 #9 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 12:02

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostVonholtz, on Dec 28 2012 - 11:28, said:

So why I am talking about tier 4 socuts has anyone player the Leopard? And how dose it fit in with the others? I sould be geting one here soon.

I preferred the PzIII, loses a lot less speed in turns compared to the Leopard (combined with being a medium tank, so it matches against normal tank spreads).  Is it weird that the medium tank at that tier can play scout that much more effectively than the light (due to better ability to outmaneuver and get to hiding)?

EchelonIII #10 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 12:08

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Post_ErwinRommel__, on Dec 28 2012 - 11:19, said:

yes you can see their formations and take their arty and confuse them and make them move in akward formations and help set up a defense but then you lose a tank so yes they work but id only use a tank that is fast but with a weak gun that way im not that much of a loss

Anybody who takes this guy seriously should be banned for stupid.

Vonholtz #11 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 12:13

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostRex_Nex, on Dec 28 2012 - 11:34, said:

Suicide scouting is probably your best bet given you're not any good at light tanks, as long as you do it as the proper time.

However, for good light players, passive scouting means reliability. You can't charge headlong into enemy territory and reliably survive. Being able to reliably perform is the key to being a good player.

While you're learning the ropes (and training your crew), I would advise you to try to get used to passive scouting. While a suicide rush might be more effective at this point, you need to learn to be reliable asap.

I have tryed passive scouting but it dose not seem to work on some maps. I use the hills pop up and go back down and keep moving. This keeps tanks spoted so my team know right when they are going to come over the hill so they get first shots on them as they watch me. I am not sure if thats what you mean by playing scouting good or not.  This also helps to get eyes on the other scouts so they can be stop from geting to are arty.

I have not done much scouting for some time and just with in last 2 months kind of got back in to it mostly just to go up diffrent tank lines. But I am finding I miss scouting it can be fun just drawing fire at the right time to get your team some shots in even if you have no real way to do damage your self. I remeber way back when the fun of playing one whole match in T-50 and the only thing i did was keep one Tiger II bussy trying to kill me on the hill on the mines map till his team was all dead and then I got help and ran away. That was fun and worth the lack of points I got.

cwjian90 #12 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 12:16

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
Scouting does require a bit of investment, IMHO. If you're in a stock tank with 50-75% crew, I think it will be very hard to be a successful scout. Your view range and camo rating will be crap, and you probably won't have the equipment to compensate.

After trying (and failing somewhat) at scouting in my BT-7, I gave my Commander the camo skill at 66% and will give it to my other crew once they reach 100% training. I also bought binoculars for it. My God, what a difference it made.

Vonholtz #13 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 12:17

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postapache1990, on Dec 28 2012 - 12:02, said:

I preferred the PzIII, loses a lot less speed in turns compared to the Leopard (combined with being a medium tank, so it matches against normal tank spreads).  Is it weird that the medium tank at that tier can play scout that much more effectively than the light (due to better ability to outmaneuver and get to hiding)?

I have already done the Pz III long ago. But passed up the lights. I would like to do the Leopard becuse I like to try the VK 2801 (think that the name). It not a matter of passing them up for me I want to try and play all the tanks and get them maxed out. I find this fun and keeps the game frash for me.

apache1990 #14 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 12:23

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
The VK2801 is excellent, just disliked the Leopard before it, :P.  Though as for the thread, suicide scouting is a lot less effective than anything else.  Just finding the front of the enemy lines usually lights most of that group, then retreating to find a weaker point is more likely to get you to the artillery (if you plan to find them, rather than passive spot).

UncleDaddy #15 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 12:29

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
You are spost to zerg in detect them all so you can earn a scout medal.

Vonholtz #16 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 12:35

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostUncleDaddy, on Dec 28 2012 - 12:29, said:

You are spost to zerg in detect them all so you can earn a scout medal.

LoL I dont care much or get a lot of scout medals. I think spoting importen but I dont get more then 4 to 5 tanks spot most match but I keep a lot spoted for damage. Funny thing 2 nights ago I was 2 spots short of geting the scout medal in my Chruchill VII. That would have been epic seeing it was a  tier 8 assault and was attacking on top of it.

caspertoo #17 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 15:27

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Nothing pisses me off more when I'm playing as a TD or heavy tank when our only scout suicide rushes at the beginning of the game.  Yes there is a time and place for it, but it's usually after the initial push/defend areas are known so that the other team can't stop the scout from spotting all the arty.  The other thing is when the scout does suicide scout for one low tier arty.  I mean don't they realize that they could just hover around the heavy's and give us lights while otherwise we couldn't see the enemy.  Grrrrr.

heaviside1618 #18 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 17:19

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Suicide scouting works fine for the individual wanting higher eff rating. You get your scout award and you get very high--as much as 3000 eff--for the battle. Doesn't really help your chances of winning except maybe on campinovka.

Hurk #19 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 17:26

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostVonholtz, on Dec 28 2012 - 12:13, said:

I have tryed passive scouting but it dose not seem to work on some maps. I use the hills pop up and go back down and keep moving. This keeps tanks spoted so my team know right when they are going to come over the hill so they get first shots on them as they watch me. I am not sure if thats what you mean by playing scouting good or not.  This also helps to get eyes on the other scouts so they can be stop from geting to are arty.
thats not passive scouting, thats active scouting. passive scouting is hiding and not moving at all.  (camo net, good bushes in a place that tanks dont get too close, but has a good view range)

I have not done much scouting for some time and just with in last 2 months kind of got back in to it mostly just to go up diffrent tank lines. But I am finding I miss scouting it can be fun just drawing fire at the right time to get your team some shots in even if you have no real way to do damage your self. I remeber way back when the fun of playing one whole match in T-50 and the only thing i did was keep one Tiger II bussy trying to kill me on the hill on the mines map till his team was all dead and then I got help and ran away. That was fun and worth the lack of points I got.
watch the new video series on light tanks and the chaffee, etc. they cover good light and scout mechanics.

oh, and as for your dyslexia, i have it as well. you can do a lot better for yourself to keep working on it, rather than giving up with a forum signature. Use a browser that includes a spell checking and force yourself to retype words that are spelled wrong after they are highlighted. im up to nearly 60 words per minute including the time it takes to make corrections.

Husarski #20 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 17:31

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
i'm of one of two minds for scouting. Either I spend much of the game parked in a bush lighting up the bad guys (T49, Tet, T2LT) or never take my finger off the W key and bomb around all game causing havoc (T50-2, batchat).

Either way, they both beat out suiscouting. Find a bush and hide. Be useful to your team not some idiot. Nothing beats being on the team that gets rushed by 4 light / recon tanks, kills them all for not losses. You know you are on your way to a win.