I don't know about you guys.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

Poll: I don't know about you guys. (42 members have cast votes)

Which do you do more?

1. I find my self hiding or "camping" when there are no arties and move around more when there are more arties. (14 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. I find my self hiding or "camping" when there are many arties and move around more when there is less arties. (28 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

Vote Hide poll

Emothic #1 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 11:47

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
So I've been around here for quite some time, and of that I've seen quite a bit of the same thread topic of arties. You know Arties this, arties that, too many, too strong, all of that kind. But just recently I've been seeing polls of which a specific thing is said that has got me thinking. Now this is not really direct to arties it self but associated to it, and I just like to see what the thoughts are on other players.

What I've been seeing in threads and in polls are sentences like this: "WG should banned arties so I can have a campfest.". Now this has gotten me thinking and has made me look back into how I was playing, and when I did that I found this sentence to be the same as saying "Arties ruin this game". Neither one seems to be true and are just an attack on the arty lovers and arty haters. In my look back of my game style I found that when there was no arties or low number and low tier arties I would move around the battlefield during the whole match. Now yes I would go and set in a defensive area, but not for very longg (depending on the situation). Compared to that of a game where are high tier and high number arties, I would go to an area and pretty much just sit there though the whole match hiding and protecting my self from the arties.  So when I see a sentence like: "Players only want arties banned so they can camp." I start to think of how untrue this is and wonder if this goes for other players.

So my question is this: Do you find your selves hiding or "camping" more when there are arties in the game and moving around more with no or les arties in teh game. Or is it the other way around, where you sit when there is no arties and moving more when there is many arties?

jsnazz #2 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 11:49

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
"We hide to avoid getting cheap shot from arty where they could hit us anywhere on the map after we engaged with other enemy tanks at the front line"

i think i speak for everyone with that above sentiment ; )

Otto_von_Boris #3 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 11:53

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I play a more mobile game when spotted and a lot of arty is around, moving up and back and side to side.

Harder for them to hit a moving target, or so I think.....

Emothic #4 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 12:06

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostOtto_von_Boris, on Dec 28 2012 - 11:53, said:

I play a more mobile game when spotted and a lot of arty is around, moving up and back and side to side.

Harder for them to hit a moving target, or so I think.....

Depends on how good the arty player is. I've seen arty players so good that they can one shot a T50-2 that is moving at max speed.

xxSLINKxx #5 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 12:11

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostEmothic, on Dec 28 2012 - 12:06, said:

Depends on how good the arty player is. I've seen arty players so good that they can one shot a T50-2 that is moving at max speed.

Done that on a light tank on my very first arty Wespe in its 5th match.  Not special at all.

Comorat #6 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 12:12

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postjsnazz, on Dec 28 2012 - 11:49, said:

"We hide to avoid getting cheap shot from arty where they could hit us anywhere on the map after we engaged with other enemy tanks at the front line"

You dont play in games of a high enough tier to even worry about artillery with that range so, no, no you don't.

Emothic #7 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 12:13

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostxxSLINKxx, on Dec 28 2012 - 12:11, said:

Done that on a light tank on my very first arty Wespe in its 5th match.  Not special at all.

See since you basicly said that its really easy. That means even if you are moving around your going to get hit by the arty which makes player more  prone to camping in games that have arties to those that don't have any.

Millbarge #8 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 12:20

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Of course people camp more with arty than they would without...

only people who say otherwise are Arty players lying in order to defend their right to play easy mode

xxSLINKxx #9 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 12:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostEmothic, on Dec 28 2012 - 12:13, said:

See since you basicly said that its really easy. That means even if you are moving around your going to get hit by the arty which makes player more  prone to camping in games that have arties to those that don't have any.

You could say that.  Even they are hiding or camping, there's a good chance you can do splash damage and flush 'em out.  And go tracer hunting on bushes, it's really fun for artys, not so on the receiving side though.

shadowhazcookie #10 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 12:32

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
I really should turn battle recording on to show that arty neither promotes or prevents camping. Regardless of the situation there's always anywhere from 6-9 camping from each side and half the time it's not even the ones you'd expect to support. Seen more td's forcing pushes than heavies xD

phantomeagle #11 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 12:38

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postjsnazz, on Dec 28 2012 - 11:49, said:

. Not me

coldjet1 #12 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 13:14

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
Arty is not ruining this game, unless there are more then 2 per side.

Tolos #13 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 13:23

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
People will camp regardless of arty, and to say otherwise is naive at best

ArmorHunter025 #14 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 13:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
I actually move around more in a game that has arty to avoid being shot.......sitting there is a easy target for arty, of coz, I mean move with caution and from cover to cover, not charging down a open field like idiot.

And yes, I camp more in a game with no arty,espeically on defence and in a TD, because I feel much safer, there is nothing going to hit me from above, but that's just me

ArmorHunter025 #15 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 13:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostTolos, on Dec 28 2012 - 13:23, said:

People will camp regardless of arty, and to say otherwise is naive at best

the word of wisdom

Clash_12 #16 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 14:23

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Regardless of any arty its how he plays and how u play.

You might camp cause there are arty but to be honest there is a 1/15 of 1 of the arties watching u and camping just lets down your team.

PS.
think how real tankers thought about seeing there tank or there friends tank being hit and no seeing a tracer or a red marker afterwards, its a game the best thing is to move on.

Errants #17 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 14:33

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
One of the first things I see when I find myself in an arty-free match is "Camping time, no arty!" or some other similar sentiment.

And when in an Arty party match, low or High Tier... the sentiment is "Lotta Arty, don't stay still and keep arty safe."

But Arty encourages camping, right? /sarcasm