T26E4 players, I need help!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

Ironman22 #1 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 14:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Hello everyone. Well, I just received a t26E4 (Superpershing) for a gift. I have a Kv5, so I think I know pretty well about how to play "shell-sponge" tanks.

But, does any T26E4 player have a slightly more detailed description on how to play this tank? Because, I am having a little trouble playing it.

Your help will be appreciated,

Ironman22 =)

SteelReign #2 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 14:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Front to enemy, and gold rounds to makeup for its horrible 170pen.

jjay1 #3 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 14:07

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Have a look at utube

A_Defenseless_Kitten #4 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 14:07

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
I play it like I would with the kv-3

JazzyBanny #5 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 14:14

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
brawl, shooot gold

Scaevola #6 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 14:20

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
Uhhhhh, no. I don't have it, but I can tell you one thing right off the bat, fight at mid-range. Aim to keep 2 squares away from the fight. That'll be easy enough, as that'll usually where you'll be when the fight starts.

Front towards enemy and then focus on keeping the enemy at that distance.

Basically the Super P is bad at range where it can't do damage effectively with its low pen. But at the same time if you get close then people will either flank you or nail your weakspots, which most people have learned about now.

Aim to balance those two issues. Get close for weakspots or keep at range to make the most effective use of your armor. In my opinion, I would again, keep at the 200m distance (two squares.) I won't pen every shot (or even 80% of them,) but staying alive to keep making those shots seems more important to me than 100% pen and damage.

Sir_Texas_Sir #7 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 14:21

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Allso use WAR or Safe Storage cause you will be getting alot of ammo racks from the side.  I got vents and rammer on it since I'm using my M48 crew in it most the time.  Keep your front to other tanks and wiggle when you think they might be aiming in for your top (where the tubs are) or between the spaced plate if your up close and brawling.  Have fun, move so arty don't get you.

jacobmccann11 #8 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 14:33

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
go in troll platoon or a super platoon that is what my clan members do its funny when they see a T95 and they both cant pen each other

Edited by jacobmccann11, Dec 28 2012 - 14:34.

opticalshadow #9 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 14:37

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
dont get close range, this is a medium tange tank. at medium range accuracy isnt garreteed, thats what you need.

always point twords the enemy, let your spaced armor do it thing, if they can see your sides, they are penning you. when your at a range and your not behind cover, and your not shooting dont stay still. wiggle around, keep moving your turret a little to each side and up and down, this makes hitting your weak spots much much harder.

you absolutly must learn other tanks weak spots, the gun on this thing is great, the only tank i have a problem fighting on average is an e75, weak spots are really easy to hit with the gun, also carry some gold round, your pen goes up to 258, which is nice in a pinch. if yopu get flanked, your dead, you have no rear or side armor worth talking about, you absolutly must position your self in such away to keep the enemy in front of you, think of yourself as a TD.

learn how to perma track by nailing the idel wheel/drive wheel reliably, this will make weak spots open more often, and harder to be flanked.

Boxhawk #10 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 14:51

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostScaevola, on Dec 28 2012 - 14:20, said:

Uhhhhh, no. I don't have it, but I can tell you one thing right off the bat, fight at mid-range. Aim to keep 2 squares away from the fight. That'll be easy enough, as that'll usually where you'll be when the fight starts.

Front towards enemy and then focus on keeping the enemy at that distance.

Basically the Super P is bad at range where it can't do damage effectively with its low pen. But at the same time if you get close then people will either flank you or nail your weakspots, which most people have learned about now.

Aim to balance those two issues. Get close for weakspots or keep at range to make the most effective use of your armor. In my opinion, I would again, keep at the 200m distance (two squares.) I won't pen every shot (or even 80% of them,) but staying alive to keep making those shots seems more important to me than 100% pen and damage.

This.  

your horrible top speed should make this easy.

BanzaiBonsai #11 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 14:58

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
Shoot APCR only, switching to AP even late in the game will only bring you frustration.

The tank should be played like a heavy mostly, unless the wqay to the spot you want to reach goes downhill, then you can usually advance further than the average heavy. Always watch that you're not alone, because the T26E4 is only useful when you can fight one enemy at a time, having 2 enemies will kill you quickly as even turning your turret exposes the weak side of it to one of the enemys...
You always have to watch if the enemys you face know your weakspots, if they don't you can easyly kill them, if they do try to stay at a medium range of 150-300m and if only your turret is exposed keep moving (moving sideways while everything is exposed is a bad idea, they can shoot the hull, and just driving backwards won't do much, drive backward when you're about to get flanked though).
Another thing, the Super Pershing has good gun depression, but you shouldn't use it to fight on close range, because people can still shoot the top of your turret. But if you hulldown at med range it should be pretty hard to hit (especially if you can move sideways because your hull is in cover).
That's pretty much it.. stay together with allies... show your front... keep a bit of distance (until you think it's safe to advance and you have support)... and shoot APCR.

SpiritGod #12 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 15:25

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Front towards enemy, very slightly angle and shoot at weakspots. Turn your turret and hull to avoid shots into your weakspots.

BigDeal85 #13 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 15:28

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I play this tank 2 ways.

1. Support tank. Go with some heavy’s and sit in the back while taking cheap shots to help your teammates.
2. Bully tank. While being in a tier 8 match you can act like a bully and show your front and tank shots to help push the enemy group away. Now... If you are in an encounter.... You need to move your turret rapidly to keep them from locking on to your weak spot

gotswat #14 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 15:52

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
People telling you to shoot gold are scrubs or good players giving terrible advice, 170mm of pen is more than fine for this tank, front to the enemy aim for weak spots and you will come out on top 9/10 times in any tier 8 encounter and 5/10 (given average skill of course) tier 9 encounter. I have a 61% win rate so far and see no reason what so ever that it should fall lower than 55%-60% win rate after 100 matches non at all, in fact I find the super p to be mildly op in most cases, even facing people with a brain, fast reload with decent pen and decent alpha coupled with good accuracy makes this tank a pocket heavy tank that when played smart can and will dominate pretty regularly.

Super p stats as of this post:
61% win rate
80% hit rate
33% survival rate
1438 avg dmg per a game
907 avg exp per a game

Round composition:
98% AP
2% HE for quick resets on caps

Equips:
Rammer
vents
V.stab

Play tips:
1.) Frontal to enemy at all times, if surrounded place front facing strongest enemy
2.) Aim for weak spots on heavily armored tanks, commanders cupola on Russians and hull down US heavies for instance or lower frontal plates for Germans, as for mediums well most of them tier 9 included can just be point and clicked to death  with standard AP, if not again aim for weak spots they are much easier to hit on mediums and TD's.
3.) It has good gun depression so abuse it when you can, hills can be your friend, especially against Russian and German tanks
4.) Honestly if you must use gold rounds only load a few like 3-4 max, you will be gimping your ability to fire effectively (they cost a lot more so you will be forced to take less risky shots), that and what are premiums for? Making credits.....why spend that much on ammo.
5.) It goes about 26-29 avg speed in most terrains (except up hill of course) so sometimes wolf packing on the medium lines can be a bit rough as you cant keep up, so most maps playing as a Heavy line support tank can end very well.
6.) Always try to make sure you can an ally within reaching distance, you also have a heavy tanks slow ass turret rotation so a medium brawl can be painful and leave you crippled if you win.

Shoot gold rounds? You guys serious? See you guys on the battle field I hope you are in your super p with gold rounds so I can laugh a little more as I kill you.

s.w.a.t

kapsiolaaaa #15 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 15:58

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostBanzaiBonsai, on Dec 28 2012 - 14:58, said:

Shoot APCR only, switching to AP even late in the game will only bring you frustration.

The tank should be played like a heavy mostly, unless the wqay to the spot you want to reach goes downhill, then you can usually advance further than the average heavy. Always watch that you're not alone, because the T26E4 is only useful when you can fight one enemy at a time, having 2 enemies will kill you quickly as even turning your turret exposes the weak side of it to one of the enemys...
You always have to watch if the enemys you face know your weakspots, if they don't you can easyly kill them, if they do try to stay at a medium range of 150-300m and if only your turret is exposed keep moving (moving sideways while everything is exposed is a bad idea, they can shoot the hull, and just driving backwards won't do much, drive backward when you're about to get flanked though).
Another thing, the Super Pershing has good gun depression, but you shouldn't use it to fight on close range, because people can still shoot the top of your turret. But if you hulldown at med range it should be pretty hard to hit (especially if you can move sideways because your hull is in cover).
That's pretty much it.. stay together with allies... show your front... keep a bit of distance (until you think it's safe to advance and you have support)... and shoot APCR.

Banzai no doubt your an elite player but if someone does not have gold rounds stocked from the sale or does not have a premium account then making money on SP shooting only gold is hard. If it just had the 198 pen 320 damage gun with less accuracy it would be a great tank .. i normally dont shoot gold, and yes get bounces crits and am only able to make 30k or 50k non premium. What your are asking is a money pit - it will give you wins but its a money pit.

Slaphammer #16 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 16:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I basically try to use it like a non-turreted tank destroyer.  The sides of your turret are extremely weak so it's best not to expose them in the first place.  Better to rotate the hull than to turn the turret significantly to either side.

While the SuperPershing penetration is not great, it's still a few points better than what you're used to in the KV-5.  So you should already have a feel for what the gun can and can't do.

SteelReign #17 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 16:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
170 pen does NOTHING to a lot of T8 tanks frontally. And you can rule out flanking in the T26 so that's pretty much all you're gonna be working with. I find the gun to be quite inaccurate, getting in close enough to reliably hit 'weak spots' puts you at risk yourself getting hit in the turret ring, MG port, turret cheeks under the spaced armor or cupola.

Seeing as how this tank plays more like a heavy than a medium, comparing the worst T8 heavy gun (The T5E1 198mm), you can see almost 30 less pen makes a huge difference. All the other T8 heavies get 232 for French, 226 for British, 200 and 225 for German, 225 and 227 for Russian. So please, forgive us for spending credits how we want to and trying to make up for that pathetic pitiful gun on the T26.

Kingratt #18 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 16:46

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
T26E4 was designed solely to sell gold rounds.

supershutze #19 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 18:04

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
Try to hide your turret because about half the turret is completely uncovered by spaced armor, and everyone has learned by now to shoot at the turret.
Of course, your gun is also located inside this turret, which makes hiding it bit of a problem if you intend to shoot back. :Smile_trollface-3:

I'm not even joking, I recently had a match where my Tiger II with the 88mm was defending a chokepoint against a T26E4, a KV-3, and a T29, all at once. I knocked out the KV-3 and the Superpershing singlehandedly and badly damaged the T29(killed by my allies). Every shot I fired at the Superpershing penetrated for damage, because I was aiming at his turret,
Amazingly they never tried to flank, which might have worked, considering 80% of my team was on top of the hill(Himmelsdorf encounter).

StandardToast #20 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 18:10

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Read my posts I have made in this thread about it: http://forum.worldof...56#entry3339256

I didnt get in till the second page but I have put alot into it that should help you out.

Edit: And gotswat is right, you dont need a full gold loadout to make this tank usable, I keep 10 gold rounds and usually never use them, I feel the 170 pen is more than usable on almost anything you will see.

Edited by StandardToast, Dec 28 2012 - 18:14.