Hirumaru's XVM Configuration

xvm config shiny_gold_hotpants

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

Hirumaru #1 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 14:35

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
So, I made a config. Basically, I just modified Zver's config and added a few nice things. Well, here it is!

Get it at Mediafire here!

This configuration file is for v0.8.2 of World of Tanks and can only be used with v3.2+ of XVM (it also requires XVM Stat for the statistics to display).

NOTE: XVM and XVM Stat can not be directly linked on this fascist strictly regulated forum but can be easily found using Google (keywords: wot xvm), which should lead to a code.google.com address.

To install, place in your World of Tanks/res_mods/8.2/gui/flash folder.

Basic features (common with _Zver_'s original version):
  • Loading screen displays kilobattles, global rating, and efficiency (reversed order for enemy) as well as (calculated) chances of victory, both normal and experimental, by global stats and by tank.
  • Names for the side panels are dynamically colored based on tank performance, not overall global performance.
  • Vehicle name is displayed by default above the tank, along with the icon denoted vehicle type (arty, TD, heavy, medium, light). Alt displays player name.
  • Health is indicated in a bar underneath the vehicle/player name with health remaining displayed immediately left and health percent at the right.
  • Per tank stats are displayed underneath the healthbar by default; global stats are displayed on Alt.
  • Tank contour icon is displayed on Alt.

Added/Changed:
  • Hitlog at top of screen; displays number of hits, last damage, total damage, and damage type at top with number of hits, last damage, total damage, and vehicle type (grouped per player) underneath.
  • Loading screen stats normal config, in-battle scoreboard shows hecto-battles (1h = 100) per tank, kilo-battles for global, winrate in tank, winrate per global, and efficiency. Shown in the following format:

Your Team: HectoTank.KiloGlobal|WinTank.WinGlobal|Eff

Enemy Team: Eff|WinTank.WinGlobal|HectoTank.KiloGlobal

To demonstrate how it will appear (colors for display purposes only): 99H.99K|WT%.WG%|9999 vs 9999|WT%.WG%|99H.99K

On loading screen before battle: KiloBattles WinrateGlobal Efficiency vs Efficiency WinrateGlobal Kilobattles

Demonstration: 99K WG% 9999 vs 9999 WG% 99K

Over tank, normal: WinrateTank BattlesInTank (Empty if no recorded battles, goes to 99999) TankDamageEfficiency (will not always display, may still be useless, but included anyway)

Over tank, alt: WinGlobal KiloBattles Efficiency

Normal: WT% 999 1.0
    Alt: WG% 99K 9999

• Under HP bar, in addition to winrate in tank and number of battles in tank, I have added the new, though potentially useless, feature of Tank Damage Efficiency available in XVM 3.2+.
  • Clan icons disabled by default.
  • Tank tier numbers disabled by default.
  • Changed/added nicknames for specific tanks; Pershing vs M26, SuperPershing vs T26E4, etc.
  • Stat logging is enabled, creating a ~3-5 Megabyte txt file in the WoT directory.
Screenshots:
Spoiler                     

The custom contour icons seen in my screenshots were originally created by PogS, continued by Grepa, and are now continued by Oxmaster and Zegnor. They are available here:

ZeGnor's version

Oxmaster's version

Edit Jan 7, 2013: Added link to my custom contour icons. Added basic features list.

Edit Dec 29, 2012: Clarifications on specific features.

Edited by Hirumaru, Jan 08 2013 - 01:37.

Sirgrog #2 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 15:14

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Please forgive my "newbie" questions about this XVM configuration as I have a couple that I need to ask.

1. If we take PCG for an example, from your Shot_101.jpg, I see the tank type and name. My noobie ass get the other numbers by the tank name, however what does the numbers by the PCG mean with a  175 and then a 100.90.90 and under that a 75.60.60  with a 810 thrown in for fun.   I just do not get what all those numbers are for.

Could you please lend a newb a hand in understanding all the stats on this shot?

Thanks
Sir Grog

Edited by Sirgrog, Dec 28 2012 - 15:17.

Hirumaru #3 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 15:32

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Are you talking about my contour mod? Those are custom tank icons that display tank name, tank type (denoted by color), max HP, max penetration with best gun (max damage for arty), and armor values (front, side, rear) for turret and hull.

Originally by P.o.g.S, edited by Grepa, now continued by Oxmaster and ZeGnor:

ZeGnor's version

Oxmaster's version

Sirgrog #4 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 22:19

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
That was it,  the armor values,  Thanks
Now for the other question,  where do I place this xvmconf file?\
Thanks again

Hirumaru #5 Posted Dec 29 2012 - 00:45

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
It only works with XVM and XVM-Stats. To install XVM you need to go here:

EDIT:
In compliance with the paranoid and totalitarian rules governing this section I have removed the direct URL to the XVM mod download page and instead ask you to google keywords:

"world of tanks XVM"
/EDIT

This config requires version 3.2 or greater. If you already have XVM installed then you simply need to drop the config file in the World of Tanks/res_mods/8.2/gui/flash/ folder.

Edited by Hirumaru, Jan 03 2013 - 20:54.

TheRepoMan #6 Posted Dec 31 2012 - 21:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostHirumaru, on Dec 29 2012 - 00:45, said:

It only works with XVM and XVM-Stats. To install XVM you need to go here:
https://code.google..../downloads/list
This config requires version 3.2 or greater. If you already have XVM installed then you simply need to drop the config file in the World of Tanks/res_mods/8.2/gui/flash/ folder.

I would remove the XVM link or the mods will can this thread..

Hirumaru #7 Posted Jan 02 2013 - 21:33

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostTheRepoMan, on Dec 31 2012 - 21:06, said:

I would remove the XVM link or the mods will can this thread..

How so? It's not an illegal mod.

TheRepoMan #8 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 01:39

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostHirumaru, on Jan 02 2013 - 21:33, said:

How so? It's not an illegal mod.

.. Actually, linking to .exe files is prohibited on these forums.

http://forum.worldof...rams-permitted/

Why do you think so many threads have disappeared or get the RED pen?

Hirumaru #9 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 09:43

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Have you even seen the link? There is no executable file being directly link. The only download options at the URL are packaged archives. My own mediafire link is a packaged archive with no executables within.

Unless the XVM download page is explicitly disallowed your warnings are appreciated but unnecessary.

TheRepoMan #10 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 18:28

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostHirumaru, on Jan 03 2013 - 09:43, said:

Have you even seen the link? There is no executable file being directly link. The only download options at the URL are packaged archives. My own mediafire link is a packaged archive with no executables within.

Unless the XVM download page is explicitly disallowed your warnings are appreciated but unnecessary.

Your link to XVM, links to a .exe, incase you don't know, it's this file:

http://i19.photobuck...zps9dc7e5b5.jpg

My initial comment was meant to be polite, take it how you like. Continue to link to a .exe and they'll just close your thread. I was just giving you a heads up.

Hirumaru #11 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 18:57

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Has XVM been explicitly blacklisted? If not, your "concern" is nothing but a nuisance. No component of XVM, in part or in combination, produces anything malicious. That rule was made to prevent people from uploading or linking to malicious programs, not legitimate and reputable mods that are widely known and accepted such as XVM. Either way, I despise sweeping rules that are devised solely to cover one's ass. Only a petulant or self-righteous individual would treat such a ruling with that level of absurd diligence.

Thanks for bumping my thread so much anyway. ^_^

TheRepoMan #12 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 19:37

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostHirumaru, on Jan 03 2013 - 18:57, said:

Has XVM been explicitly blacklisted? If not, your "concern" is nothing but a nuisance. No component of XVM, in part or in combination, produces anything malicious. That rule was made to prevent people from uploading or linking to malicious programs, not legitimate and reputable mods that are widely known and accepted such as XVM. Either way, I despise sweeping rules that are devised solely to cover one's ass. Only a petulant or self-righteous individual would treat such a ruling with that level of absurd diligence.

Thanks for bumping my thread so much anyway. ^_^

ANY link to ANY .exe is not allow (you should READ the thread I linked once before), which is what you are failing to understand. XVM, WoT Tweaker, the few "auto" mod loaders, etc..

As for bumping I'm doing it on purpose..

Hirumaru #13 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 19:58

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
So, I should delete the link and tell him to use Google because a few paranoid twits in Wargaming's "security" department are afraid I'll melt his PC if I directly link to a well known, reputable mod?

TheRepoMan #14 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 20:03

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostHirumaru, on Jan 03 2013 - 19:58, said:

So, I should delete the link and tell him to use Google because a few paranoid twits in Wargaming's "security" department are afraid I'll melt his PC if I directly link to a well known, reputable mod?

I'll even help you with that...

http://bit.ly/XiIFOK

Hirumaru #15 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 20:55

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
That's for people who can't use Google, not for people who can't use direct links.

Hirumaru #16 Posted Jan 05 2013 - 20:57

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
131 downloads and no real comments.

Really? No concerns, suggestions, or "good jobs" at all? I'll even take an "it sucks" at this point . . .

CBARoughneck #17 Posted Jan 06 2013 - 01:47

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
damn dude did someone kick your dog or take your girlfriend from ya?  calm down brother repo was just helping ya out so you dont get into the shit with the devs, or the forum rent a cops

Hirumaru #18 Posted Jan 06 2013 - 12:19

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Four or five 30 day forum ROs over the course of two years from those self-righteous GMs and mods tends to sour anyone's mood.

Now then, do you have any damned thing to say about the subject of this thread or do you just need to walk the hell out?

KillBot #19 Posted Jan 06 2013 - 14:20

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I have downloaded your mod and will NEVER, EVER tell you what I think about it MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Maybe I will. After I try it out. Keep in mind I've never used XVM or any of it's configurations so I'm not much of a knowledgeable critic.

anton77 #20 Posted Jan 06 2013 - 16:22

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
where do you get the signature from please???