Suggestion: Change Forum Reputation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

Aeristal #1 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 17:22

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I think the forum reputation as it currently stands is a poor indicator of much.
Change reputation to
Epic # Reputation
Topic # Reputation.
Post # Reputation.

A thumbs up on the post gives reputation for the post while a thumbs down negates the reputation for that given post. If the overall all reputation of a Topic or Post is positive then the user gets a plus 1 to historical reputation no matter the number. If the post is negative he gets a negative 1 to historical reputation no matter the number. If the post has a outstanding number of thumbs up.. say 50+ then that user gets a +1 to his Epic historical reputation.

I know its not the game but...this forum is one of the backbones of the WoT Environment . Discuss

vadervsyoda #2 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 17:29

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Nope. Does not make sense to me, thus not good.

Aeristal #3 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 17:33

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postvadervsyoda, on Dec 28 2012 - 17:29, said:

Nope. Does not make sense to me, thus not good.

? What does not make sense.. Post reputation is separate from User reputation. If the user's post has a positive reputation then the user gets a plus one to his/her reputation. If the user's post has a negative reputation then the user gets a negative one to his/her reputation.

ForcestormX #4 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 17:57

Major

• Wiki Staff
  • 0 battles
Seems an unneeded complication, but I understand what you're trying to arrive at as well - and that ideal has a point given the current obscurity of the rep system to reveal the nature of others.