need assistance

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

Timberwolf1 #1 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 17:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 7444 battles
I was locked out of my account when in a tier 7 game 3 idiots platooned 2 tier 2 tanks in and they started team shooting they tracked my tiger and i killed them but then had to let the type 59 kill me because I thought it would mark me. I reported them, others did  also some reported me thinking I did it. but now I am locked out for  team damaging. Who do i contact because thats just wrong in all aspects. 24 hour lockout for idiots causing trouble is not what should be happening.

plus WOT and wargaming support contact are the worst. the address is a mail drop no phone numbers no immediate response. spending money here seems silly if thats the response

Edited by USmarshal, Dec 28 2012 - 17:30.

Aquavolt #2 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 17:28

Major

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 12514 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA
You were locked because you killed friendly players regardless of any argument you provide.

/thread

Legiondude #3 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 17:29

Major

• Players
  • 13658 battles
  • [ELVIS] ELVIS

View PostUSmarshal, on Dec 28 2012 - 17:26, said:

I was locked out of my account when in a tier 7 game 3 idiots platooned 2 tier 2 tanks in and they started team shooting they tracked my tiger and i killed them but then had to let the type 59 kill me because I thought it would mark me. I reported them others did some reported me thinking i did it. but now I am locked out for others team damaging. who do i contact because thats just wrong in all aspects.
Whoever you contact at WG, they will give you no help

Because they repeatedly tell players to NEVER EVER damage your teammates. The automated system can't tell between self defence and legitimate teamkilling and kicks whoever it finds the most guilty.

taekenphyre #4 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 17:35

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15333 battles
  • [WWIII] WWIII
Use the ban time to read through the forums and see how many other people have also learned this the hard way. Don't TK. Ever. And if you do, know you face a ban.

Timberwolf1 #5 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 17:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 7444 battles
OK I tell you what i wont be spending another dime with these people if thats the way the administer the game. thanks for the reply

Sheller3 #6 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 17:44

Captain

• Players
  • 14189 battles
  • [UMM] UMM
send in a support ticket appealing the ban. They have a whole section just for that you know....Just explain what  happened just like you did here and see what they say.

Timberwolf1 #7 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 17:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 7444 battles
again thank you  I fell silly for falling for the set up they obviously knew what would happen

Rake #8 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 17:48

Major

• Players
  • 37319 battles
  • [LONER] LONER

View PostSheller3, on Dec 28 2012 - 17:44, said:

send in a support ticket appealing the ban. They have a whole section just for that you know....Just explain what  happened just like you did here and see what they say.
They specifically say they won't listen to any appeals of bans based on the tk system.  Next time, pay more attention, and once your name turns blue stop shooting teammates immediately.  Then continue playing, avoid ANY possible team damage (collisions, shots, et. al) and go do damage to the enemy.  The more damage you do to the enemy, the quicker that blue goes away and you get back to normal.

Timberwolf1 #9 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 17:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 7444 battles

View PostRake, on Dec 28 2012 - 17:48, said:

They specifically say they won't listen to any appeals of bans based on the tk system.  Next time, pay more attention, and once your name turns blue stop shooting teammates immediately.  Then continue playing, avoid ANY possible team damage (collisions, shots, et. al) and go do damage to the enemy.  The more damage you do to the enemy, the quicker that blue goes away and you get back to normal.

Lucky me! I sent it in anyway But I appreciate all the information.  but I guarantee my premium account is done with and no more money is going to be spent on this game. I'll play free but nothing else.

Aquavolt #10 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 18:57

Major

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 12514 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA
Typically you'd be able to get away with accidental TK's.

But killing two of your own tanks is pretty ridiculous. The right decision would have been to report them for team damage after the game than to blow them up.

WildBill813 #11 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 19:10

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 12111 battles
  • [VITAL] VITAL

View PostAquavolt, on Dec 28 2012 - 18:57, said:

Typically you'd be able to get away with accidental TK's.

But killing two of your own tanks is pretty ridiculous. The right decision would have been to report them for team damage after the game than to blow them up.

Agreed.  The best response here is a passive-aggressive one.  Let them kill you.  Just sit there and take it.  Then, after you're dead and they're blue, report them.  Getting TK'd in a battle is better than getting banned for "defending" your self, since the TK algorithm can't determine defensive TK.  

Oh, and if they're in a clan, I'd send the clan leader a message and if possible attach the replay or a link to it.  Some clans (including mine) have strict policies on TK's in random matches and will handle it on their side as well.  The key here is to be polite and calm.  If you're pissed off, wait a while before composing the message so that you don't go off half-cocked at the clan leader.  That will usually just get your message deleted.  FWIW, we have a one warning and you're gone policy and we've enforced it several times.  

Good luck in the future, and hope to see you on the battlefield.

WildBill813
Deputy Commander
Mindless Aggression [MAD]