Full in-game clan control

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

Violational #1 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 17:34

Corporal

• Players
  • 15869 battles
  • [ALLOY] ALLOY
I am sure there are 5 million posts about this topic, but the search box keeps coming up with a "0" for results.

We need clan control from within game. I understand why we cannot chat to players who are playing, the problems with cheating would be even worse than they are now. My concern is I would like to be in-game and send instant invites to clan applicants. I want my officers to be able to stop drama before it happens and kick unruly players without Alt-tabbing and going to a log-in page to access the tool to do it.This is a pretty basic feature of all the MMO's I have played, and still play. I am a Commander in WoT, I have been a GM in WoW, and SWTOR, and I just want to know, is it impossible to implement this basic need in the game World of Tanks? God help us when all 3 of WG.net's games will be in the "battle space". While on this topic, Why must a clan member who quits his or her current clan wait so long before being able to join a different clan?
Also I would like to be able to "whisper" a person without setting up a whole box just to say "hey" or "hows life?" commands like /r and /say or even /yell for example are second nature to a lot of us.

One idea for the game within this scope of argument is I am sure you could give bonuses, or perks if you will, for a clan member that stays with a clan, i.e., bonus % to perk leveling while building rep in a clan. Then when that person quits, they lose all that rep and start with new clan at 0 rep. This would hopefully make a clan member more loyal and want to stay with a clan, and to help recruit others like them.

AlphaTanker101 #2 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 17:39

Major

• Players
  • 10280 battles
  • [DEMON] DEMON

View PostViolational, on Dec 28 2012 - 17:34, said:

I am sure there are 5 million posts about this topic, but the search box keeps coming up with a "0" for results.

We need clan control from within game. I understand why we cannot chat to players who are playing, the problems with cheating would be even worse than they are now. My concern is I would like to be in-game and send instant invites to clan applicants. I want my officers to be able to stop drama before it happens and kick unruly players without Alt-tabbing and going to a log-in page to access the tool to do it.This is a pretty basic feature of all the MMO's I have played, and still play. I am a Commander in WoT, I have been a GM in WoW, and SWTOR, and I just want to know, is it impossible to implement this basic need in the game World of Tanks? God help us when all 3 of WG.net's games will be in the "battle space". While on this topic, Why must a clan member who quits his or her current clan wait so long before being able to join a different clan?
Also I would like to be able to "whisper" a person without setting up a whole box just to say "hey" or "hows life?" commands like /r and /say or even /yell for example are second nature to a lot of us.

One idea for the game within this scope of argument is I am sure you could give bonuses, or perks if you will, for a clan member that stays with a clan, i.e., bonus % to perk leveling while building rep in a clan. Then when that person quits, they lose all that rep and start with new clan at 0 rep. This would hopefully make a clan member more loyal and want to stay with a clan, and to help recruit others like them.
Brilliant! As a Deputy Commander trying to Command a clan on his own it is very hard and very annoying to alt-tab, your idea would solve EVERYTHING. As a DC with 150+ days of experience I 1-up your idea.

Odirom #3 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 17:44

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9514 battles
+1'd
As a Dc myself, it's a pain...

Good ideas.

O

Sheller3 #4 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 17:47

Captain

• Players
  • 14311 battles
  • [UMM] UMM
Love it. Been clan jumping lately because I THOUGHT I had a clan lined up, but it didn't work out. Going back to my old clan before this process started and hopfully getting my DC position back.......

I_Could_Care_Less #5 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 18:09

Major

• Players
  • 34382 battles
  • [REBEL] REBEL

View PostViolational, on Dec 28 2012 - 17:34, said:

Bumping +1

TenderBabyMeat #6 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 18:35

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 24393 battles
  • [NARWL] NARWL
not sure why ty our search came up with no results. I made this same suggestion a few months back and I know I wasn't the first. Obviously I think it's a good idea, and I just can't understand why the haven't implemented it.

MemphisRex #7 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 18:47

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 27886 battles
  • [THNK] THNK
Something like this?

Spoiler                     

Dukebarry #8 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 19:52

Major

• Players
  • 23534 battles
  • [SG] SG
Where did you get that!!!!!

I want it.

MemphisRex #9 Posted Dec 30 2012 - 19:10

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 27886 battles
  • [THNK] THNK

View PostDukebarry, on Dec 28 2012 - 19:52, said:

Where did you get that!!!!!

I want it.

I have no idea, where I found it, but it was almost 2 years ago, when this game just came out of beta, or around beta, I don't even remember.