speed tree

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

Fluffy_Kittens #1 Posted Dec 30 2012 - 06:39

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
is foliage removal illegal?
officially?

_ErwinRommel__ #2 Posted Dec 30 2012 - 06:51

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
what the hell is that in the game or real life

REDdude #3 Posted Dec 30 2012 - 06:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
if your talking knocking over trees i dont think so but if you dont need to then try not to

ukcufo #4 Posted Dec 30 2012 - 06:56

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
what he is asking is the mod that removes the foilage illegal.  idk

Altwar #5 Posted Dec 30 2012 - 07:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Hmm, if there is a mod that can do it, and I think Millridge (sp?) has one I think, it wouldn't impact the camo rating for whoever is benefiting behind it I'd think?   In other words, the sole benefit would be that it's easier on a graphic card if they are removed?

by7antine #6 Posted Dec 30 2012 - 07:12

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Yes, officially.  illegal.  At least on list in Russian forums.

It makes it easier on graphic card but most importantly it makes it easier to estimate lead on moving targets and to actually see how much cover a target has as opposed to relying on (often inaccurate) red outline.

You are thinking Millbarge Effects Remover.  And it does not remove folliage but does reduce quite a bit of things like smoke and dust.  Excellent for people like me w/a radeon card that totally blows frame rate when there is smoke/dust.

Edited by by7antine, Dec 30 2012 - 07:17.

djb_95 #7 Posted Dec 30 2012 - 07:58

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
Millbarge's foliage remover.  I heard it is against the rules on the Russian server.  For some reason it wasn't against the rules on the NA server.  Don't know if that is still the case.
I tried it several months back.  It was interesting.  Gave a kind of barren moonscape like appearance.  Only problem was it removed TOO much foliage.  You couldn't tell when you were in a bush yourself.  I didn't like it and uninstalled.  If it thinned out foliage to about half instead of maybe 95% it would be much more useful.  As it is I don't recommend it and it might be againste the rules.

NoblePlatoon #8 Posted Dec 30 2012 - 16:54

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
No, this mod has not been declared illegal on the NA Server. I make and maintain it here. This mod removes the leaves on trees, and thins the bushes (does not remove ALL foliage, like other mods do).

Ortinoth #9 Posted Jan 22 2013 - 22:43

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Would be nice to see a post from the moderators about which mods are illegal to use on what servers.

treadalus #10 Posted Jan 23 2013 - 01:21

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
As an alternative to removing the foliage, I've compressed the textures in the speedtree folder something like 16x, which seems to help the fps while not changing the nature of the game.  Try the speedtree folder from the LowResDDS mod pack described at this thread: http://forum.worldof...d-pack-updated/

KidK #11 Posted Jan 23 2013 - 01:24

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I heard that WoT asked Curse Client to remove the Foliage Mod because WoT felt is was a unfair to players that didn't know about it or use it.
But I can;t say if its true or not because I heard this in Pub Chat from players Not a Mod.

I agree with Mayham_Jack....It would be nice if Mods told us what legal and what is not!

Edited by KidK, Jan 23 2013 - 01:25.

D_X_T #12 Posted Jan 23 2013 - 03:26

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
It aint illegal here in Na server thats it. Just enjoy it ,, when they make it illegal you will know so yea enjoy it till then..

Atragon #13 Posted Jan 23 2013 - 23:22

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
There are 2 version. One is complete shrubbery removal and the other is partial shrubbery removal. Are both illegal in Europe? If so, you can expect them to be illegal here sometime. Unless Europe does a file check on you game client, the main way you can be caught is if someone see's you replays or you tell someone.

Rissien #14 Posted Jan 24 2013 - 15:05

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
It is illegal on RU and EU servers but not NA.

NewYears1978 #15 Posted Jan 24 2013 - 23:18

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostAltwar, on Dec 30 2012 - 07:07, said:

Hmm, if there is a mod that can do it, and I think Millridge (sp?) has one I think, it wouldn't impact the camo rating for whoever is benefiting behind it I'd think?   In other words, the sole benefit would be that it's easier on a graphic card if they are removed?

It doesn't effect camo rating because it doesn't actually remove them, it just basically replaces the mesh/texture..at least that is my understanding.  Makes it easier to see when hiding in bushes.

Redrocco #16 Posted Jan 24 2013 - 23:23

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I don't recommend it, but if you go to ..world_of_tanks/res/packages/ and open each package with winrar, you can rename the speedtree folders and eliminate all foliage (plus some fences and other objects).

huilun02 #17 Posted Jan 26 2013 - 16:00

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I've not come across any cases of bans for foliage removal on the NA server. It doesn't make it any easier to spot hidden enemies because spotting is done server side.
Bushes and trees can actually hide your tank so I wouldn't think that running around barren land like a headless chicken will give you any advantage.

anarchyxf36 #18 Posted Jan 26 2013 - 16:53

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Well i know a moderator is going to see this, however i couldn't give a rats "insert choice word here" if they do or not since Wargamings own support department told me to practically violate EULA rules and regs especially the rules on naming and shaming on the forums... I will NOT list the players name in question however i will copy and paste the entire discussion response about potential "illegal" client-side mod usage, so forum mods don't be upset with me for posting this since it is your own support staff advising me to do so...

Was just in a battle where a type deliberately shot out my modules multiple times in a row aiming for the same module over and over again, I have reported him in-game through the reporting system and am submitting this replay as further evidence towards that report.
I do suspect that this player used some type of mod to give him a distinct advantage and the replay provided from my perspective CLEARLY shows it!

Roger Laurence 16 January 2013 19:42

Dear Player,
Thank you for your message. We appreciate your concerns and interest in the improvement of the game.
The World of Tanks client system is created in such a way, that all game mechanics are calculated on the
Server. Every player’s game experience is subjective and unrepeatable. Because of this, concerns related
to: invisibility, rapid reloading time, overpowered damage, invulnerability hacks and other tricks simply
cannot be considered.
For addition information on game mechanics, please use the following link:
http://wiki.worldoft...attle_Mechanics
Thank you for contacting World of Tanks support, and please do not hesitate to call on us again.

anarchyxf36 17 January 2013 00:07

You mean just like you guys are outlawing that "Laser Sight" mod?
So what your saying is that your just going to ignore anything like that mod that gives another player an advantage over others?
Hrmm... Only question that raises now is how are you going to outlaw any game modifications like the "laser sight" crosshair mod that is a client-side mod when in this ticket i am saying that a client-side mod was used to give a player a distinct advantage over another for the sole purpose of possibly stat-padding, and you are saying that wargaming will just ignore it and toss out any and all claims on using them without investigation?
I mean call me skeptical but that sounds like a blatent cop-out to flip-flop on a subject entirely in which your trying to deny any responsibility for controlling.

Roger Laurence 17 January 2013 02:04

Dear Player,
Thank you for contacting World of Tanks.
We truly do appreciate your feedback and we take all player feedback into great consideration when testing and discussing possible changes to the game.

In the future, we kindly request that you leave your feedback and suggestions in the proper section in the forums, as this is where we regularly collect from for our reports to the Developers. You can even find official "Feedback Request" threads, where you can really make your voice heard:
http://forum.worldof...60-suggestions/

(Please make sure you do a thorough search/check of the forums to make sure that a similar topic doesn't already exist before posting.)
In the mean time, you can keep your eyes peeled for any new developments:
http://worldoftanks.com/en/development

Please don't hesitate to contact us with any other inquiries.

Best Regards,
Roger Laurence

Wargaming Support Service

Point is, What i got when submitting a replay for illegal client-side mod usage to wargaming staff for investigation Wargaming support staff has made it perfectly clear that they have no interest at all to control what client-side mods people can and can not use even if they do designate them as "Illegal".

(However i have a feeling that a certain wargaming support staff member is going to be looking for a new job after the forum mods read this...)

NoblePlatoon #19 Posted Jan 26 2013 - 17:31

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postanarchyxf36, on Jan 26 2013 - 16:53, said:

(However i have a feeling that a certain wargaming support staff member is going to be looking for a new job after the forum mods read this...)
Don't delude yourself.

anarchyxf36 #20 Posted Jan 27 2013 - 03:29

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Just sayin noble that it is a possibility man,

ultimately though man the moral of my post is that it is ultimately up to wargaming as to how they control the usage of illegal client side mods man, and you know that all i am doing is just stating what wargaming support told me, and that is that they could care less who uses what mods... just don't get caught using em if the client-side mod is on the list of illegal mods.

Edited by anarchyxf36, Jan 27 2013 - 03:32.