Jump to content


Intuition

perk intuition skill crew shells

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

GavinCapacitor #1 Posted Dec 30 2012 - 10:07

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 21249 battles
  • 104
  • [NTR] NTR
  • Member since:
    04-13-2012
So I recently got the Intuition perk, and I have to say, I was quite underwhelmed.

I had assumed it would work like this: you would hit the key for another shell type. If the perk was applied you would automatically be loaded to that shell type, otherwise you would load shell after you shot the currently loaded one (like normal).

Instead, it is only applied if you change shells. So you have a 17% chance of going from a fully loaded shell A to a fully loaded shell B, and a 83% chance to have to reload entirely without firing anything. This is quite a gamble.

For example: Say you are a high teir artillery with a huge reload time and you see an enemy is going to reach you. You have a HE shell fully loaded, but AP would be better. "Never fear!" you say, "I have Intuition!". You proceed to switch to AP. You have a 17% chance to have AP loaded, and a 83% chance to be completely defenseless.

Or in a KV-2, say you happen upon a much larger tank than you expected, and would like to use your one HEAT round, but would not have time to reload. Well, you can either chance it and most likely shoot nothing at all, and die. Or you can just fire the HE round and do *something*.

My suggestion is this: Change Intuition to switch shells on the first select if it applies, leaving the shell selected for the next reload if it does not apply.

Getting the chance at a loosing gamble isnt really a perk imo.

Genzing #2 Posted Dec 30 2012 - 10:08

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 13238 battles
  • 479
  • [K3] K3
  • Member since:
    03-27-2011
That's why I call it a useless skill/perk

partisan1941 #3 Posted Dec 30 2012 - 10:17

    Captain

  • Players
  • 14870 battles
  • 1,246
  • Member since:
    06-11-2012
if u have 2 loaders with intuition it becomes 34% chance so 1 in 3 chance (thats not that bad)

Edited by partisan1941, Dec 30 2012 - 10:17.


GavinCapacitor #4 Posted Dec 30 2012 - 10:19

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 21249 battles
  • 104
  • [NTR] NTR
  • Member since:
    04-13-2012

View Postpartisan1941, on Dec 30 2012 - 10:17, said:

if u have 2 loaders with intuition it becomes 34% chance so 1 in 3 chance (thats not that bad)
I'm fully aware it stacks, but this is only possible on tanks with 2 loaders. Also, I would still not call a 34% chance to slightly better my situation or completely screw me "not that bad".

View PostGenzing, on Dec 30 2012 - 10:08, said:

That's why I call it a useless skill/perk
That is why I am putting a suggestion in the suggestions form to change it, lol.

partisan1941 #5 Posted Dec 30 2012 - 10:26

    Captain

  • Players
  • 14870 battles
  • 1,246
  • Member since:
    06-11-2012
that is why i only made this perk as my second set of skill/perks for my arty, it is not that good i agree and the only use for it i found was for arty since arty doesnt benefit from anything else much- your idea sounds ok with me though

Edited by partisan1941, Dec 30 2012 - 10:28.


PuddleSplasher #6 Posted Dec 30 2012 - 10:42

    Major

  • Players
  • 24487 battles
  • 2,340
  • [RNGC] RNGC
  • Member since:
    07-11-2011
Don't you hate it when the pop-up appears in game, "intuition applied" and you think WTF does that mean?

I have intuition as 100% skill but very rarely see it working.

R4Ging #7 Posted Dec 30 2012 - 12:32

    Captain

  • Players
  • 8455 battles
  • 1,304
  • Member since:
    02-14-2012
intuition is like this:

if you can reload quickly, its just a tiny bonus because whether it activates or not, you get to load the other shell fast anyway.
if you have long reload, its just a tiny bonus because you can instantly change shell but with the risk of it not taking effect.

either way, its just a tiny bonusjust like all the other skills.

Fluffy_Kittens #8 Posted Dec 30 2012 - 13:01

    Major

  • Players
  • 27253 battles
  • 2,152
  • [HAVOK] HAVOK
  • Member since:
    03-06-2011
not only is it a tiny bonus, it does not work all teh time, and compound with the fact that you may only use it every once n a while.
so you are blowing a tonn of exp for a benifit you will use once every perhaps 10-20 games.
PLUS
you still have to actually hit a bloody tank with the shell that your perk gave you.
so 30-40% of the time you will miss with the shell that you blew your hundreds of games to grind.

this perk makes no sense to me at all.

BiA= benifits you 100% of your game time
camaflage = bennifit every game, and perhaps 10-15% of your actual game time.. (depending on your play style)
repair= will bennifit you perhaps every 1/3 games when it really matters,

GavinCapacitor #9 Posted Dec 30 2012 - 18:46

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 21249 battles
  • 104
  • [NTR] NTR
  • Member since:
    04-13-2012

View PostR4Ging, on Dec 30 2012 - 12:32, said:

intuition is like this:

if you can reload quickly, its just a tiny bonus because whether it activates or not, you get to load the other shell fast anyway.
if you have long reload, its just a tiny bonus because you can instantly change shell but with the risk of it not taking effect.

either way, its just a tiny bonus just like all the other skills.

Like I said before, it has quite a large chance to screw you completely. I do not think you understand how it works currently - you have to change ammo types. ie, you have a fully loaded shell, tell the tank to load a different shell. If intution procs the different shell is automatically loaded (17%), If intuition doesnt proc you start reloading from scratch.

You say "its just a tiny bonus because you can instantly change shell but with the risk of it not taking effect.". That isn't a bonus. That is like someone saying "roll this die. If it is 1, you get 2$. If it isn't 1, you give me 10$".

Basically, the penatly of failure (with a large chance to boot) is *huge* compared to the small bonus you get for success.

Celebrim #10 Posted Dec 30 2012 - 20:06

    Major

  • Players
  • 14398 battles
  • 2,426
  • Member since:
    10-04-2012
Well, you are using it in a way that's not intended I think.

The idea is that you play the tank as if you do not have the perk, and occasionally, when you are changing shells - just as you would normally - you get the small bonus of not having a load time.

But I agree that the perk is underwhelming, and probably needs to be about 3 times as likely as it is presently.  Personally, I'd change it to a skill that began to work at 1%, and which scaled so that at 100% skill, you had a 50% chance of it working.

GavinCapacitor #11 Posted Dec 30 2012 - 23:44

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 21249 battles
  • 104
  • [NTR] NTR
  • Member since:
    04-13-2012

View PostCelebrim, on Dec 30 2012 - 20:06, said:

Well, you are using it in a way that's not intended I think.

The idea is that you play the tank as if you do not have the perk, and occasionally, when you are changing shells - just as you would normally - you get the small bonus of not having a load time.

You are probably right, but I never change shells normally. It seems to me that if I have a fully loaded shell, and I want to shoot a different kind, I could
1.) shoot the one I have loaded, then load and fire the second one
2.) not fire the one I have loaded, just wait for the reload on the second one then fire it. (Intiution give a paltry chance to have this not happen)

Like you said, I should be a higher chance (or function differently, imo).

Also still waitin' on that +5% ammo perk for my loader lol

R4Ging #12 Posted Dec 31 2012 - 14:17

    Captain

  • Players
  • 8455 battles
  • 1,304
  • Member since:
    02-14-2012

View PostGavinCapacitor, on Dec 30 2012 - 18:46, said:

Like I said before, it has quite a large chance to screw you completely. I do not think you understand how it works currently - you have to change ammo types. ie, you have a fully loaded shell, tell the tank to load a different shell. If intution procs the different shell is automatically loaded (17%), If intuition doesnt proc you start reloading from scratch.

You say "its just a tiny bonus because you can instantly change shell but with the risk of it not taking effect.". That isn't a bonus. That is like someone saying "roll this die. If it is 1, you get 2$. If it isn't 1, you give me 10$".

Basically, the penatly of failure (with a large chance to boot) is *huge* compared to the small bonus you get for success.
you are the one who doesn't get it.

first off, you don't need to have a shell loaded. you can switch shells during reload and get that chance to have it replaced without having to start the reload all over again.

second, it IS a bonus. but is only a small one because it only grants you a small chance. get it ? if it were a 100% chance, then it wouldn't be such a small bonus, is it ?

Celebrim #13 Posted Dec 31 2012 - 15:08

    Major

  • Players
  • 14398 battles
  • 2,426
  • Member since:
    10-04-2012

View PostR4Ging, on Dec 31 2012 - 14:17, said:

second, it IS a bonus. but is only a small one because it only grants you a small chance. get it ? if it were a 100% chance, then it wouldn't be such a small bonus, is it ?

I agree that the skills and perks should offer only small bonuses, but the thing is this is a small and situational bonus.   One thing playing MtG for years taught me is how to evaluate balance in a game, and a small dependable bonus that you will always get some small use out of us is pretty much always better than a small and situational bonus, which, though it might have a large benefit from time to time, is not something you can rely on or will regularly need.  Situational and undependable 'cards' pretty much always get thrown in the casual or junk piles when evaluating whether to acquire them.

Because the benefit is situational and unreliable, the benefit has to be quite large before its even worth considering.  Since it is very small and unreliable, I pretty much never take it.

R4Ging #14 Posted Jan 01 2013 - 16:37

    Captain

  • Players
  • 8455 battles
  • 1,304
  • Member since:
    02-14-2012

View PostCelebrim, on Dec 31 2012 - 15:08, said:

I agree that the skills and perks should offer only small bonuses, but the thing is this is a small and situational bonus.
aren't they all situational ?

lets see:
recon - only useful if you need that little extra view range or if your sights are broken. quite useless in town maps.
off-road driving - only useful if you are to drive on bad terrain because on normal terrain, the bonus is soooooooooooo much smaller.
firefighting - only takes effect if you are set on fire.
repairs (the most useful skill) - similar to firefighting.
do I have to keep going ?

intuition is fine because it is in-line with other skills/perks. if you don't want it, don't get it. end of the line.

GavinCapacitor #15 Posted Jan 25 2013 - 04:23

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 21249 battles
  • 104
  • [NTR] NTR
  • Member since:
    04-13-2012

View PostR4Ging, on Jan 01 2013 - 16:37, said:

aren't they all situational ?

lets see:
recon - only useful if you need that little extra view range or if your sights are broken. quite useless in town maps.
off-road driving - only useful if you are to drive on bad terrain because on normal terrain, the bonus is soooooooooooo much smaller.
firefighting - only takes effect if you are set on fire.
repairs (the most useful skill) - similar to firefighting.
do I have to keep going ?

intuition is fine because it is in-line with other skills/perks. if you don't want it, don't get it. end of the line.
But that is incredibly wrong.

First off, all the skills you listed don't ever hurt you.

Second, those always apply. A view range buff is a set bonus you have all the time.

I literally have games where intuition never applies, and even a few were I switch ammo hoping it would help out, it didnt apply, and I died for it without even getting a shot off (with less than ideal ammo).