What I hate about World of Tanks

hate wot eve team bots credit

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

landen99 #1 Posted Jan 02 2013 - 20:00

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 14113 battles
  • [SW1] SW1
Don't get me wrong, the game engine is amazing and the realism is nice, but there are some deal-breakers with World of Tanks: reasons why I do not expect to be sending any money to WG.
1st, The random public matches allow little teamwork, allow no blocking of bots, liabilities to their team, and really annoying and unpleasant tankers.  You cannot form the team of your choosing in a random pub match.
2nd, Company battles are bad for making credits AND you are limited to the top of each class (1-3, 4-6, 7-10) in the preferred tanks unless you want your team to lose.  Tier 8 premium tanks are not at the top of the highest class, but those are the ones preferred for making credits.
3rd,  You cannot select the maps that you want to play in the random public matches; some maps are really bad for arty.  The best you can do is say yes or no to assaults, etc.

The first is important because support tanks, esp. artillery, need teams to work together to hold the flanks and protect them.  Also, 1 TK can cost the win.  And some people are just really frustrating to have on your team.  I want to make credits with my clan mates, not risk having to fight them with a "count in."

The second answers the counter to the first by showing major limitations in company battles.

The third address frustrations with certain maps in my preferred/chosen tank.  While a lot of luck can create some interesting replays sometimes with tanks being used in very interesting ways, most of the time we just see tanks being extremely ineffective and fail in the wrong maps.  Plus, many clans want to practice on certain maps.

Lastly, a personal wish is that world of tanks becomes a literal world where matchmaker retires and allows a sandbox effect as players travel across areas in their tanks capturing bases for their company and getting sent to the closest friendly garage when they die/fail.  Even introduce vehicles which can transport a tank back to a garage to be salvaged or repaired.  Think Eve Online-style.

SULOMON #2 Posted Jan 02 2013 - 20:10

Major

• Players
  • 6163 battles
They should allow mics in random battles.

ivanmurphy #3 Posted Jan 02 2013 - 20:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28530 battles
Christmas break needs to be over and kids need to get back to school.  Their little brains are in overdrive trying to tailor the world to their own specifications.

TalonV #4 Posted Jan 02 2013 - 20:14

Major

• Players
  • 27196 battles
  • [BURDY] BURDY
1.  Don't like random battles, go join a TC. Though IMO they really dropped the ball with TCs and how they implemented them.

2.  TCs are again highly competitive because if you win, you take half of what the other team made during game play, so people will take the best tanks.

3.  I don't believe that you should be allowed to pick a map on RANDOM battle.  That's the whole point, it's to be a random match.  

4. Sandbox in WoT. NO!  I like the setup they have now, there is nothing quite like it. Want to play something like Eve online, go play Eve.  This is WoT.  And I want it to REMAIN World of Tanks, not some tank knock off of another game.

Wysong #5 Posted Jan 02 2013 - 20:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 3050 battles
  • [NTMRE] NTMRE

View Postlanden99, on Jan 02 2013 - 20:00, said:

Lastly, a personal wish is that world of tanks becomes a literal world where matchmaker retires and allows a sandbox effect as players travel across areas in their tanks capturing bases for their company and getting sent to the closest friendly garage when they die/fail.  Even introduce vehicles which can transport a tank back to a garage to be salvaged or repaired.  Think Eve Online-style.

This would be pretty awesome, bridge camping?  Would be even more interesting to add stationary guns and such to take out along the way, but then we're stepping into PVE territory - something that will never get any traction here.

lugzan #6 Posted Jan 02 2013 - 20:17

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 14712 battles
  • [BURDY] BURDY

View PostSULOMON, on Jan 02 2013 - 20:10, said:

Posted Image

DrewDoughty #7 Posted Jan 02 2013 - 20:20

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 20888 battles
  • [BADGR] BADGR

View PostSULOMON, on Jan 02 2013 - 20:10, said:

if you want this go play CoD

warrends #8 Posted Jan 02 2013 - 20:22

Major

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 14855 battles
  • [SNRK] SNRK

View Postlanden99, on Jan 02 2013 - 20:00, said:

Don't get me wrong, the game engine is amazing and the realism is nice, but there are some deal-breakers with World of Tanks: reasons why I do not expect to be sending any money to WG.

blah
blah
blah

Don't worry; my son and I will continue to send tons of money to WG so you don't have to. Your issues are so small that it's kinda mindboggling that you bothered taking the time to write about them.

Yodaman2 #9 Posted Jan 02 2013 - 20:24

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16211 battles
  • Platoon,
  • join legitimate TC/buy a M4 sherman, KV1s, KV1 etc etc any good credit making non prem [(They exist) and TC aren't the best way to make credits but i agree that more TC types should be available such as tier 5,7,9 etc]
  • Map selecting could be an interesting idea but then maps would get old and you'd only see like tanks on every map, trust me players are stupid but eventually everyone will catch on and maps will become all the more difficult to play on so the match making's randomness keeps peace.
Don't disagree with those points but don't expect them to change, the game is amazing ATM and it only gets better, and anyhow remember how bad it was before the match making changes. That was truly a nightmare.

_ZardoZ_ #10 Posted Jan 02 2013 - 20:28

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 19803 battles
  • [GARRA] GARRA
Good ideas have been presented here.
I believe the option to choose the map would be good.
Platoons with 4 tanks would be good.
I believe that Wargaming is working with these ideas.

paradat #11 Posted Jan 02 2013 - 20:28

Major

• Players
  • 27768 battles
  • [TBW] TBW
OK thanks

Not really sure how to responde, Beta tester with 4k battles?

"Deal breakers" really?

Pubs little team work - Well there can be you can make positive suggestions. You can also platoon.

Bots - Yeah still needs work but it is not crazy and certainly not a deal breaker

Unpleasant tankers - Yeah welcome to the internet. Not something WG can controll , not a deal breaker for this game but could be for you and all MMO games.

Company battles - Are great! They do exactly what they are supposed too. Money making not an issue on premium and very easy on premium with premium tanks ( Good design for WG to get paid)

Select maps in Random Pubs- Well it is random and that is a good thing keeps the game fresh and provides a lot of variety.

I like your concept for a sandbox tank game would be fun for a different game.

landen99 #12 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 03:00

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 14113 battles
  • [SW1] SW1

View PostTalonV, on Jan 02 2013 - 20:14, said:

1.  Don't like random battles, go join a TC. Though IMO they really dropped the ball with TCs and how they implemented them.

2.  TCs are again highly competitive because if you win, you take half of what the other team made during game play, so people will take the best tanks.

3.  I don't believe that you should be allowed to pick a map on RANDOM battle.  That's the whole point, it's to be a random match.  

4. Sandbox in WoT. NO!  I like the setup they have now, there is nothing quite like it. Want to play something like Eve online, go play Eve.  This is WoT.  And I want it to REMAIN World of Tanks, not some tank knock off of another game.
TCs are not good for getting experience or credits in non-premium tanks, and they are not ideal for tiers other than 3, 6, and 10 respectively.  And in the tier 4-6 level is the only level where you are lucky enough to sometimes find enough companies to get regular matches.

And since TCs are bad for grinding exp and credits, and you want random battles to have no filters (guess you don't like the assault filter either), then we also need a non-random battle button for grinding exp. and credits while learning teamwork in the tier and tank of your choice.  Or maybe some way to select the preferred tank for particular maps.  We need some way (could use clans features) to get into battles with more than 1-2 friends on your side reliably (ideally as many as want to join with you).

And the sandbox idea would be an option for those who want to play like that.  A giant world with everyone in it .. somewhere.  It would be one of the options under Battle.  Drive with a company banner, or go solo; no rules, just territory to claim and credits (or GOLD!) to earn as individuals (maybe companies earn stuff too).

PS: while we are talking about the premium account advantage, how about premium earning additional gold too.  Let players fight together (free or not) in as large a group as they can/want.

Edited by landen99, Jan 03 2013 - 03:04.

edward99999 #13 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 13:34

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6739 battles
They need to allow players to visit other players garages, but not have the ability to change them. Also use a third person view to actually walk around urs/others garages. And if possible, allow u to see the inside of a tank  :Smile_glasses:

Edited by edward99999, Jan 03 2013 - 13:34.

landen99 #14 Posted Jan 04 2013 - 21:43

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 14113 battles
  • [SW1] SW1

View Postedward99999, on Jan 03 2013 - 13:34, said:

They need to allow players to visit other players garages, but not have the ability to change them. Also use a third person view to actually walk around urs/others garages. And if possible, allow u to see the inside of a tank  :Smile_glasses:
Garage visits would be nice, but they are not a big deal for me.

I am talking about empowering players to drive their tanks in real teams with communication, play styles which work well together, and leaders which implement solid strategic and tactical plans which create truly awesome, memorable, and respectable battles worthy of attention and instruction, being a reflection of the quality of battles and of the Wargaming system.  The lack of a premium account should not hurt the quality of the battles, so premium features should be extra things that are not critical to the game mechanics, but improve the player experience, such as learning tools like battles annotations, reviews, and notes or virtual environments for isolated test driving of all vehicles including those not accessible to the player due to gold, credits, or experience, etc.

mattwong #15 Posted Jan 04 2013 - 21:49

Major

• Players
  • 18333 battles
The game needs Nazi zombies: waves of zombie-controlled German tanks ;)

landen99 #16 Posted Jan 05 2013 - 21:37

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 14113 battles
  • [SW1] SW1
Stay on topic, Matt.

DragonWight #17 Posted Jan 06 2013 - 01:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 14844 battles
  • [XCF] XCF
I think the physics or lack thereof need fixing.

Simple example, just had a battle using my IS8 in 2 different games, first game everything I hit did very good damage, a couple bounced but nothing major
second game everything I hit bounced against the same tanks I just faced using the same rounds same cannon, I even had a tan ram into me with its arse up in the air a T34 no less, point blank shot to his arse end, you couldn`t ask for a better flatter shot, and lo and behold "it bounced"

I remember a little over 1 yr ago, where the tracking issue was fixed and you actually had to aim properly to even have a chance of tracking someone, now it seems anyone can do it even hitting just your body and even just a hint of splash againt most tanks it seems like 90% of the time you will pop a track.

Then these high tier guns bouncing off things that they simply should not, then when they should, at an extreme distance, they often do not seem to have trouble yet up close and personal where there just shouldn`t be near a possibility of bouncing, they will 99% of the time. Its frustrating as hell.

I do not know if there is a randomizer, some weird physics/calculation glitches happening or whatever, but there is some pretty wonky crap happening over the last couple months, it seems it just keeps getting more messed up and makes less and less sence overall.