Customized tank options

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

Poll: Customized tank options (36 members have cast votes)

Do you think they should add vanity items?

1. Yes (31 votes [86.11%])

Percentage of vote: 86.11%

2. No (5 votes [13.89%])

Percentage of vote: 13.89%

Vote Hide poll

Koschka #1 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 15:00

Major

• Players
  • 6977 battles
  • [R-INC] R-INC
I think it would be interesting if the sold for gold custom tank options. Like side skirts of armor, custom paint that was not camo. Like gun rings, they could also add on things to the tank just for looks. I am just thinking things that could be added for looks to make your tank stand out a bit more, but not actually give any real benefit.

If they was fairly cheap but cost gold it would give WGN another boost to income and give people that really like their tanks a way to make them their own.

I got the idea because a lot of other games have options to make your character look different. From dyes on their armor and clothes to vanity clothing to make them look a specific way, all with out effecting game play. For a lot of f2p games that is one of the bigger sources of income is from vanity shop items. I just think it would be a good addition for WoT for the players as well as the company.

xxtimebanditxx #2 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 15:07

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1579 battles

View PostKoschka, on Jan 03 2013 - 15:00, said:

I think it would be interesting if the sold for gold custom tank options. Like side skirts of armor, custom paint that was not camo. Like gun rings, they could also add on things to the tank just for looks. I am just thinking things that could be added for looks to make your tank stand out a bit more, but not actually give any real benefit.

If they was fairly cheap but cost gold it would give WGN another boost to income and give people that really like their tanks a way to make them their own.

I got the idea because a lot of other games have options to make your character look different. From dyes on their armor and clothes to vanity clothing to make them look a specific way, all with out effecting game play. For a lot of f2p games that is one of the bigger sources of income is from vanity shop items. I just think it would be a good addition for WoT for the players as well as the company.
yes but why cost if it does nothing for you in game if its like that why pay gold for it?

Koschka #3 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 15:12

Major

• Players
  • 6977 battles
  • [R-INC] R-INC

View Postxxtimebanditxx, on Jan 03 2013 - 15:07, said:

yes but why cost if it does nothing for you in game if its like that why pay gold for it?

For people that want it. It would only be a option, for anyone that doesn't consider it worth it they don't buy it. It doesn't help or hinder them to buy it.

As for the gold it is another income for WGN, I could imagine a number of people willing to spend a little money to make their tank stand out on their favorite tanks. Which is more gold sold, which is more money for WGN, which hopefully means more new content for us down the road.

xxtimebanditxx #4 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 15:19

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1579 battles

View PostKoschka, on Jan 03 2013 - 15:12, said:

For people that want it. It would only be a option, for anyone that doesn't consider it worth it they don't buy it. It doesn't help or hinder them to buy it.

As for the gold it is another income for WGN, I could imagine a number of people willing to spend a little money to make their tank stand out on their favorite tanks. Which is more gold sold, which is more money for WGN, which hopefully means more new content for us down the road.
ok then we should add it but better not improve physics life in my t-50 is already hard enough

Edited by xxtimebanditxx, Jan 03 2013 - 15:19.

Thirdbird #5 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 15:23

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10823 battles
  • [VIPR] VIPR
I like the idea I'm just not sure if devs will ever consider it. They've got a lot on their mind right now and I don't think they would do it soon. Possibly when they slow down and take a break from adding alot of new content like the German medium line they said they were gonna do. I'm sure they'll get around to it though.

ArmorStorm #6 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 15:24

Major

• Players
  • 25002 battles
  • [SF-V] SF-V
You mean like the insignias and inscriptions that they already have?

ArmorStorm #7 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 15:25

Major

• Players
  • 25002 battles
  • [SF-V] SF-V

View PostThirdbird, on Jan 03 2013 - 15:23, said:

I like the idea I'm just not sure if devs will ever consider it. They've got a lot on their mind right now and I don't think they would do it soon. Possibly when they slow down and take a break from adding alot of new content like the German medium line they said they were gonna do. I'm sure they'll get around to it though.

I think the devs would appreciate more reasons to put off the German lines yet again.

Thirdbird #8 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 15:32

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10823 battles
  • [VIPR] VIPR

View PostArmorStorm, on Jan 03 2013 - 15:25, said:

I think the devs would appreciate more reasons to put off the German lines yet again.
True but then they would lose a part of their fan base that love the German tanks.

Genesis0071 #9 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 15:32

Captain

• Players
  • 6711 battles
More customization is always a good idea.  :Smile_Default:

Also hats like in Team Fortress 2... I would love to be able to put a nice top hat on my M4 Sherman...  :Smile_trollface-3:

3BAC #10 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 15:35

Major

• Wiki Staff
  • 42097 battles
  • [IOC] IOC
The more add-ons they do, the more lag on the server.  Many people have issues with lag.  If adding makeup and perfume makes server response time worse, it is not something I support.

While it would only shows up on your screen, if you want to look pretty, go find/make a skin.

zaho87 #11 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 15:47

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19130 battles
  • [LIO] LIO
Well, I think that external modules would be nice, but for credits (not gold) and they need to be researched for every specific tank, however, more like being optional and accessible only when the vehicle is "Elite".Say for example, it would be much more awesome if you could upgrade a Pz IV into a Pz IV G with additional armor skirts that make the tank heavier, however, they could increase HP pool and armor. My point is to make an elite vehicle truly elite, show off and be proud of it, that kind of thing.
Furthermore it would give players something more to look for with their tanks, rather than researching the next tier and moving on, keeping only a few tanks in the garage because they are needed for tank companies and so on. I would really love it to have my favorite tank and be able to add additional features on it when it is elite. Features that would further promote gameplay, without sacrificing balance. This feature will go even more nicely with premium tanks. Most tanks with upgraded suspensions have too much space not being used. And bonuses for these features should be tiny so that they not affect the general game balance. :Smile_great:

TANK_MATE_96 #12 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 15:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 11663 battles
  • [VIPR] VIPR
what do i use to make one of those userbars

Sheller3 #13 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 15:52

Captain

• Players
  • 14228 battles
  • [UMM] UMM

View PostArmorStorm, on Jan 03 2013 - 15:25, said:

they're coming out in 8.5....Brit td's are 8.4, German meds are 8.5  :Smile_great:  So for all you German second med line whiners: RELAX!! IT'S COMING OUT IN 2 PATCHES!!!!!

PTwr #14 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 16:04

Major

• Players
  • 27460 battles
  • [4FREE] 4FREE
You should exclude yourself from the equation and find fdi

View Postxxtimebanditxx, on Jan 03 2013 - 15:07, said:

There is difference between answers:
- I would not use it.
- I am hater and do not want other people to have such opportunity.

I, for example, would tune up my Leo right away, just because I can and I want to.

Basquasher #15 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 16:05

Private

• Players
  • 5185 battles
  • [2SAB] 2SAB
Well in coming patches i might be lucky, because i play the most on British and German tanks ;)

Koschka #16 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 16:18

Major

• Players
  • 6977 battles
  • [R-INC] R-INC

View PostArmorStorm, on Jan 03 2013 - 15:24, said:

You mean like the insignias and inscriptions that they already have?

Yes I mean stuff exactly like that only a lot more options.

Also to those saying their is other things that need work. I agree, I am not saying drop everything and do it now. But some of the stuff like paint options would be fairly minor options, they already have camo paint options. Paint options for the tanks would be the same but with no camo value. I am only saying it is something I would like to see them begin to add a bit at a time. Maybe a couple of new options with every patch.

Edited by Koschka, Jan 03 2013 - 16:21.

SomeGuyFromXBox #17 Posted Jan 26 2013 - 23:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 2376 battles
I would like to see skins built into the game.
What I mean by that is this: Either you use credits or gold and you can buy a skin making it look like it belongs to a completely different Army!, Complete with unique camoflage and markings!
For example: The Axis Powers had more nations in it than just Germany, Japan, & Italy, This is the Marking of The Finnish Army During WW2
http://upload.wikime...marking_WW2.png
I'm pretty sure this is the marking.

DHKeltischWerWolf #18 Posted Jan 28 2013 - 17:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 6120 battles
  • [TBW] TBW
better vision mechanics or upgradeable vision mechanics for tanks that had better optics in combat