Battle Performance : Men Killed

Crew Enemy Crew Kill Totals

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

Cutthroatlemur #1 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 19:45

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
Hi Tankers,

I don't know if this has been proposed previously...so be sure to abuse me thoroughly if this is an old idea.

I think that it would be interesting to have the statistics available for how many enemy soldiers you have killed in battle.  Conversely I would also like to see how many crew men I have lost.

For example:  Right now I have destroyed 4070 enemy vehicles and have had my tank destroyed 2920 times.
If I assume an average of 4 soldiers per tank that would mean that I have killed 16280 enemies and lost 11680 men.  Of course this is certainly not the case as many tanks have 5 or 6 crew men and some only 3, also this does not take into account any enemy crew members that I have killed in a match where the enemy tank survived, or any of my crewmen who were killed by enemy fire when my tank survived the match.

It may sound morbid...but this is a war game after all, and I think that these numbers would provide an interesting indication of each player's contribution in battle.

What do you think?

gardeth #2 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 20:01

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
That's a bit...morbid and honestly unneccesary.

CombatBoss #3 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 20:03

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
There are NO enemy soldiers in this game.  Have you ever seen one?  Nope, not even in open topped SPG's and TD's.

azntrigboi #4 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 20:05

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
Ummmm...no.  I'm gonna go now as I am kind of creeped out by this suggestion.  I realize that this is a simulation of warfare, but to ASK for this feature is a bit...strange...to me.

atroutbum2 #5 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 20:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
how would you count crew killed, revived by using a first aid kit, then killed again.  or not killed again

i personally think its not a good idea to track this stat.  what purpose would tracking it serve that isnt covered by the tank kill stat and the damage caused stat

mabey add a critical hits stat, that is track all the crits you inflicteed.  since crew kills are included in this catagory.....

Cutthroatlemur #6 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 20:06

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postgardeth, on Jan 03 2013 - 20:01, said:

Yeah, I mentioned that is was morbid in my OP.  But seriously, this is a war game, killing the enemy is the point.  I think that we should receive a small bonus for each enemy killed.  Along with damaging modules, killing the enemy crew can severely affect the ability of your enemy to win each match.

Savage281 #7 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 20:09

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
i think killing crew is counted the same as destroying modules? its not tracked but you get something for it.

AT_VELOCITY #8 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 20:10

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I doubt WG would waste anytime to make such statistics avail.
Perhaps someone could make a Mod, but I doubt that either.

Cutthroatlemur #9 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 20:11

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postatroutbum2, on Jan 03 2013 - 20:06, said:

how would you count crew killed, revived by using a first aid kit, then killed again.  or not killed again

i personally think its not a good idea to track this stat.  what purpose would tracking it serve that isnt covered by the tank kill stat and the damage caused stat

mabey add a critical hits stat, that is track all the crits you inflicteed.  since crew kills are included in this catagory.....

This would be a good solution, the critical hits stat, or a damaged module stat.  The reason I proposed this is precisely because this type of battle contribution is not included in the kills stat or damage stat, but killing a crew is still an important battle contribution.

An enemy killed would still be killed whether revived or not as it would force your opponent to shell out 3000 silver to revive his crew.  So you could actually kill the same guy twice each match.

Also I am not asking that WG attempt to model crew in an open topped SPG, I am not asking for a bloody display of dead soldiers, just a stat that tracks an important battle-changing contribution.
It's not that morbid...sheesh

nking1299 #10 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 20:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I don't think WG should prioritize this as something that needs to be done, although morbid it would prove a point that war is awful, showing that many killed by one person would drive that home I think.

Cutthroatlemur #11 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 20:17

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostCombatBoss, on Jan 03 2013 - 20:03, said:

There are NO enemy soldiers in this game.  Have you ever seen one?  Nope, not even in open topped SPG's and TD's.

I see the soldiers in my tank every match, and I have to worry about their health, revive them when killed etc.  With the amount of importance placed upon ranking up a crew, perks, etc. I think that your argument is totally ridiculous.

I am NOT asking them to be modeled in SPGs etc.  Just to have a stat to track their destruction because it is an important aspect of the game, whether you think it is morbid or not.

Oceanlord1 #12 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 20:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postgardeth, on Jan 03 2013 - 20:01, said:

Gaea #13 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 20:22

Associate Producer

• Administrator
  • 0 battles
This is very unlikely seeing we're a 13+ game.

Nukeknockout #14 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 20:26

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
This is...weird, and slightly morbid.

Would appreciate a "critical hits" stat, though. Accuracy doesn't mean a thing if the enemy is not hurt by the shells in some way.

Cutthroatlemur #15 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 20:43

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostGaea, on Jan 03 2013 - 20:22, said:

Good Point Gaea.  I understand that kids play this game also.

But  please understand that I am certainly not asking for men to be modeled, or shot, blown up...no blood etc.  Just a tracker to measure this (in my opinion) important aspect of WOT.  Honestly with the amount of importance that WOT places on having a fully trained crew, not to mention perks, I think that is is silly to not count the crew killed as a battle contribution.  If this game were just about killing tanks then why all the focus on crew training?

My suggestion is not morbid, tank warfare is morbid.  War is morbid.
This is not war, it is a game folks.

Grunt_Dog #16 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 20:58

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
This player base gets weirder all the time?  

http://ts3.mm.bing.n...414046&pid=15.1

Grisbane #17 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 21:00

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostGaea, on Jan 03 2013 - 20:22, said:

that arguement would have passed in the 90's, but seeing as pg-13 movies anymore have nudity and homicide (just not as graphic), listing a crew mortality tally is far from crossing the 13+ "no-no" zone.  in schools they start teaching kids mortality rates of major wars at age 10.  at 12 our school was showing us world war 2 battle clips, some images depicted soldiers coming back after stepping on land-mines, if I wasn't bothered by seeing a man maimed at that age, 13+ shouldn't be an issue.

Jstr0 #18 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 21:17

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
For a game that is rated 13+, I think that keeping the statistics at how many tanks you have taken out is a good way of doing it for the age range. I understand what you’re saying in how critical the death of a crew member is and how significant in a battle it can affect the enemy, however I don't think that because of the age range of people who play this game we should encourage pride in the number of deaths you have caused the enemy.

Also when we learn about statistics in real wars, the individual themself has not personally killed them. It’s a statistic, a fact about life and that time period. Exposing someone to war in terms of stats, movies, and documentary’s is completely different (in my opinion) then sitting them in the middle of the battlefield and saying "okay now go kill as many as you can, and be proud of how many you kill."

Don't get me wrong please, I enjoy many games where the number of people I have killed is counted (Most FPS's keep many stats on that) however many of those games are rated M (at least the ones coming to mind right now haha).

Anyways I guess my feelings on it are it would be a little much for a game rated 13+. However if crew kills were in a sense "disguised" within critical hits (without the explanation on what type of critical) that would be more appropriate and perhaps keep both sides happy? That is just my .02 cents.  :Smile_Default:

Cutthroatlemur #19 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 21:40

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostJstr0, on Jan 03 2013 - 21:17, said:

For a game that is rated 13+, I think that keeping the statistics at how many tanks you have taken out is a good way of doing it for the age range. I understand what you’re saying in how critical the death of a crew member is and how significant in a battle it can affect the enemy, however I don't think that because of the age range of people who play this game we should encourage pride in the number of deaths you have caused the enemy.

Also when we learn about statistics in real wars, the individual themself has not personally killed them. It’s a statistic, a fact about life and that time period. Exposing someone to war in terms of stats, movies, and documentary’s is completely different (in my opinion) then sitting them in the middle of the battlefield and saying "okay now go kill as many as you can, and be proud of how many you kill."

Don't get me wrong please, I enjoy many games where the number of people I have killed is counted (Most FPS's keep many stats on that) however many of those games are rated M (at least the ones coming to mind right now haha).

Anyways I guess my feelings on it are it would be a little much for a game rated 13+. However if crew kills were in a sense "disguised" within critical hits (without the explanation on what type of critical) that would be more appropriate and perhaps keep both sides happy? That is just my .02 cents.  :Smile_Default:

Thanks for your well thought out reply.  +1 to you sir

Hellheavytanks #20 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 21:51

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
you count crew killed, revived by using a last the Small first aid kit, one crew back up then All Full crews killed again.

Again you count crew killed, revived by using a last the Large First Aid Kit, All Full life crew back up then 2-3 crews killed again.

Re-buy 2 limit items to Small Heal Kit one heal crew members on in-game...