Jump to content


Blown!

Blown

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

Babajista #1 Posted Jan 08 2013 - 22:54

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 14606 battles
  • 375
  • Member since:
    02-03-2012
How does this work?

Since I got my su-122-44 I see it a lot,
What happens is that I shoot the enemy and immediately killing him,
But the damage done is enormous,
The highest was 1230hp, one shoted IS, no fire, just blown.
I'm just playing for a year or so, and necer noticed that, but
since I got su-122-44 I see it quite often.

..So how does it  work?

50LBHEAD1 #2 Posted Jan 08 2013 - 22:55

    Captain

  • Players
  • 8677 battles
  • 1,540
  • [FGTVE] FGTVE
  • Member since:
    05-26-2012
Ammo Rack...

You blow/blew up their ammunition.

EDIT: A year without noticing or realizing what Ammo Rack shot does..... oh brother.

Edited by Reppic27, Jan 08 2013 - 22:56.


isaacalmeida #3 Posted Jan 08 2013 - 23:02

    Captain

  • Players
  • 13920 battles
  • 1,288
  • [TL-DR] TL-DR
  • Member since:
    05-21-2011

View PostBabajista, on Jan 08 2013 - 22:54, said:

How does this work?

Since I got my su-122-44 I see it a lot,
What happens is that I shoot the enemy and immediately killing him,
But the damage done is enormous,
The highest was 1230hp, one shoted IS, no fire, just blown.
I'm just playing for a year or so, and necer noticed that, but
since I got su-122-44 I see it quite often.

..So how does it  work?

REMOVED

Inappropriate content (explicit). 3d RO issued.
~SgtGrunt

Edited by SgtGrunt, Jan 11 2013 - 07:51.


F1zzzy90908 #4 Posted Jan 08 2013 - 23:02

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 6305 battles
  • 699
  • [SU] SU
  • Member since:
    03-27-2011

View PostReppic27, on Jan 08 2013 - 22:55, said:

Ammo Rack...

You blow/blew up their ammunition.

EDIT: A year without noticing or realizing what Ammo Rack shot does..... oh brother.

To be fair, a year ago was 8 days ago.

Babajista #5 Posted Jan 08 2013 - 23:02

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 14606 battles
  • 375
  • Member since:
    02-03-2012

View PostReppic27, on Jan 08 2013 - 22:55, said:

Ammo Rack...

You blow/blew up their ammunition.

EDIT: A year without noticing or realizing what Ammo Rack shot does..... oh brother.
I thought Ammo Rack shot just make the enemy (or me) shoot slower.. But I didn't notice all that super high HP damage.

Scott_Hall #6 Posted Jan 08 2013 - 23:03

    Major

  • Players
  • 21674 battles
  • 2,898
  • [-NWO-] -NWO-
  • Member since:
    08-25-2011
i'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt, and think you are trolling

if not, really?

Babajista #7 Posted Jan 08 2013 - 23:06

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 14606 battles
  • 375
  • Member since:
    02-03-2012

View PostVonStryker, on Jan 08 2013 - 23:03, said:

i'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt, and think you are trolling

if not, really?

Yes really,
What the hell?! Why always people in this forums
just trying to humiliate each other?!
If you can't explain how it works just don't
reply!


dhisatake #8 Posted Jan 08 2013 - 23:09

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 12546 battles
  • 183
  • Member since:
    01-14-2012
Its ammo rack. Sometimes you get a small explosion and do a little more damage than normal.  Sometimes you get a big ones and the whole tank goes.

50LBHEAD1 #9 Posted Jan 08 2013 - 23:09

    Captain

  • Players
  • 8677 battles
  • 1,540
  • [FGTVE] FGTVE
  • Member since:
    05-26-2012

View PostF1zzzy90908, on Jan 08 2013 - 23:02, said:

To be fair, a year ago was 8 days ago.

Maybe in terms of date but in terms of time a year is 365.242  days.

Babajista #10 Posted Jan 08 2013 - 23:12

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 14606 battles
  • 375
  • Member since:
    02-03-2012

View Postdhisatake, on Jan 08 2013 - 23:09, said:

Its ammo rack. Sometimes you get a small explosion and do a little more damage than normal.  Sometimes you get a big ones and the whole tank goes.

So it happen when you shoot the areas where the ammo stored? Like the sides of the turret?
Because I shot that IS in his front.. Where the driver usually sits

robertwalsh1981 #11 Posted Jan 08 2013 - 23:13

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4713 battles
  • 237
  • [TORIP] TORIP
  • Member since:
    05-26-2012
ammo rack damage can work two ways. partial damage = slower loading
or, if you damage the ammo rack module to the point that it looses all of its HP's it explodes killing the tank instanly even if the tank is at full health.

owlgator #12 Posted Jan 08 2013 - 23:13

    Captain

  • Players
  • 11643 battles
  • 1,006
  • [GSKUL] GSKUL
  • Member since:
    05-27-2011
IIRC, prior to one of the more recent patches you didn't see the ammo rack icon above tanks you ammo racked.

View PostBabajista, on Jan 08 2013 - 23:12, said:

So it happen when you shoot the areas where the ammo stored? Like the sides of the turret?
Because I shot that IS in his front.. Where the driver usually sits

Some (all?) of the IS tanks have ammo racks in the front of the tanks under the turrets.

Edited by owlgator, Jan 08 2013 - 23:15.


Mantisman630 #13 Posted Jan 08 2013 - 23:14

    Captain

  • Players
  • 9554 battles
  • 1,991
  • Member since:
    04-03-2011
You shot and detonated his ammo rack.

djb_95 #14 Posted Jan 08 2013 - 23:18

    Major

  • Players
  • 50484 battles
  • 2,684
  • [FRGLS] FRGLS
  • Member since:
    02-24-2012
What is the normal damage range on a su-122-44?  (At work, don't have all my info.)
You don't necessarily have to hit in the normal area to get an ammo rack, just a lot more likely.  Once in a while you get lucky.
Any chance you caught him on fire and he just burned up?  That is more common than an ammo rack.

sapperland #15 Posted Jan 08 2013 - 23:19

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 21078 battles
  • 523
  • [HAVOK] HAVOK
  • Member since:
    05-14-2011
I love to see any enemy tank go kaboom from an ammo hit. I get a big ass grin on my face. Doing it to a full health tank, priceless.

REDdude #16 Posted Jan 08 2013 - 23:21

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 13087 battles
  • 944
  • Member since:
    06-30-2011
You see the Russian were somewhat misguided when they put there ammo racks in they have them in a circle around the turret this is true for most Russian tanks <- and I mean in real life not trying to say the game designers are wrong

Babajista #17 Posted Jan 08 2013 - 23:25

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 14606 battles
  • 375
  • Member since:
    02-03-2012

View Postdjb_95, on Jan 08 2013 - 23:18, said:

What is the normal damage range on a su-122-44?  (At work, don't have all my info.)
You don't necessarily have to hit in the normal area to get an ammo rack, just a lot more likely.  Once in a while you get lucky.
Any chance you caught him on fire and he just burned up?  That is more common than an ammo rack.
Nope , just blown.
Maybe I didn't have any tanks that are likely to do that, seriously, I have started noticing that after I bought the SU-122-44, that I don't understand.

UncleRuckus #18 Posted Jan 08 2013 - 23:45

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 16466 battles
  • 324
  • Member since:
    06-28-2012
It could also be that you weren't the only person to shoot him.  The damage shown (when you have that option on that shows numerically above the tank how much damage was done) is how much damage that tank has sustained, not how much damage you did.  So if more than one person shoots him within a short enough period, the damage displayed is cumulative (yours plus everyone else who shot them).

It can add up fast and it happens quite often.

Edited by UncleRuckus, Jan 08 2013 - 23:45.


KilgorSoS #19 Posted Jan 08 2013 - 23:53

    Major

  • Players
  • 26602 battles
  • 11,792
  • Member since:
    07-23-2011
STOP!!!!   PLEASE!!!!   STOP!!!!

Leave the OP alone....geez

He comes here and states he has never been "Blown!" and finally has...and you guys get all up in his stuff...


OP, congrats on your first "Blow"

PS: I hope you were the reciepiant, not the giver! :Smile_smile: