1174 replies to this topic

MarlekOdomiel77 #1061 Posted Jan 16 2013 - 16:00

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 26829 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostGeneralDirection, on Jan 16 2013 - 15:49, said:

Hi Moonrider,

If you can provide me with proof of someone claiming this as a typo I will look into it. However, I do not see any case of that right now.

I have printed proof.  I printed off the event schedule when it first came out so that I could look fast instead of having to go to the site.  When the even ended prematurely I then went to the site and the only change was the tiger p to the tiger.  All things that say the 13th was the end time in all WOT news was done after I went to bed sunday morning.

__Worm__ #1062 Posted Jan 16 2013 - 16:01

Major

• Players
  • 16375 battles
  • [JEDI] JEDI

View PostRake, on Jan 16 2013 - 13:41, said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm guessing support would actually help you instead of giving the canned responses that us peons get.

comments like this make me laugh my ass off.

crabby little asshats that need to grow up this week on Oprah!!!!

I wanted to buy back my KV-3. The special ended early. So see I had something happen that was negetive but I really don't feel the need to rag on the Devs not sure why you all are wigged out.

Typical

pipecutter #1063 Posted Jan 16 2013 - 16:02

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 7625 battles
WG needs to release 8.3 real soon then everyone will forget about this and move on to talking about 8.3.

MarlekOdomiel77 #1064 Posted Jan 16 2013 - 16:10

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 26829 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View Postl_Worm_l, on Jan 16 2013 - 16:01, said:

comments like this make me laugh my ass off.

crabby little asshats that need to grow up this week on Oprah!!!!

I wanted to buy back my KV-3. The special ended early. So see I had something happen that was negetive but I really don't feel the need to rag on the Devs not sure why you all are wigged out.

Typical

It's not the fact that the event was ended early.  The big problem was that there was an effort to hide the fact that a mistake happened.  All news posts were changed to make it look like the event ended when it was supposed to, not the miscommunication that happened that ended it a day early.  The mistake is a whatever.  How it was handled needs to be remedied.

3BAC #1065 Posted Jan 16 2013 - 16:42

Major

• Wiki Staff
  • 43448 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostGeneralDirection, on Jan 16 2013 - 15:49, said:

Hi Moonrider,

If you can provide me with proof of someone claiming this as a typo I will look into it. However, I do not see any case of that right now.
GeneralDirection,
This is exactly the type of response that is upsetting most of us.  Obviously, you have either not read the whole thread, or you are fixating on his use of the word "typo" to deflect from the real customer service problem.  Typo for many of us means someone typed the wrong information and then published it.  You want proof of that, not counting the original Tiger P error, go back to page 26, 28 and 33 of this thread.

On page 26, someone quoted the original correction by Hobbs outlining the error in the date.  Hobbs obviously rushed to provide a response without knowing the full details, and claimed it was an error in the posted dates.

"UPDATE: The incorrect time was listed on the original article as listing Heavy Destruction Weekend ending at 03:00 PST on January 14, 2013 -- that's incorrect. The event ended at 04:00 PST on January 13, 2013. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused."

Major_Rampage gave a better reason later on, which most of us accepted, albeit grudgingly.

The first post on page 28 brought to the Mods' attention that the calendar and End of the Year look ahead posts had the date through the 14th. The great purge of those pages happened very quickly after that, and now they all show the end being on the 13th.  The only truth remaining from that purge is the Events Calendar bar shows the weekend event ending on the 14th, but the date now states it ended on the 13th.  Somewhere there is a post that mocks the mods for changing the date, but not having the access rites to change the calendar bar.

On page 33, someone posted the response they got from Support, where it states there were "several errors" made.

Really, what more proof do you need?  Call it errors or typos, WG goofed up.  What makes this so bad is the poor responses and unprofessional cover ups meant to conceal those errors to history.  The main point being, the way most of the Mods (Major_Rampage is the only exception in my view) and WG have responded to this screw up, is bad customer support and verging on underhanded.  You are not helping to improve that perception and should leave any future comment to someone willing to accept that WG and Mods made mistakes here, and be genuinely appologetic that you've done so.

X32Wright #1066 Posted Jan 16 2013 - 16:54

Captain

• VT Coordinator
  • 23484 battles
  • [HT] HT
Screenshots would be a nice proof.

BaddParrot #1067 Posted Jan 16 2013 - 17:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33131 battles
I suppose you need proof that the "Quick pick me up" Bundle last weekend was a typo too?

I went to buy it at the posted  $15.xx Price & you guys  tryed to charge my Credit Card $20.xx.  In stead of changeing the gift shop price, you guys just edited the post again.

Kroz1776 #1068 Posted Jan 16 2013 - 17:13

Captain

• Players
  • 11609 battles
  • [GANDP] GANDP
They're in this topic, why need we screenies?

1meanDad #1069 Posted Jan 16 2013 - 17:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 10396 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4

View PostX32Wright, on Jan 16 2013 - 16:54, said:

Screenshots would be a nice proof.

There are screenshots in the thread history.

KnightTiger #1070 Posted Jan 16 2013 - 17:43

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18081 battles
http://forum.worldof...er-servers/#top
http://worldoftanks....est_art_of_war/

Major_Rampage #1071 Posted Jan 16 2013 - 18:58

Game Events Manager

• Administrator
  • 14781 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

View PostMoonrider, on Jan 16 2013 - 15:43, said:

Major_Rampage, Minister_of_Propaganda  - The early end upset me a bit, but what really set me off was the transparent attempt to deceive us that a mistake in setting up the event had NOT been made, and a typo had been made in the date for every announcement since mid December. Complete with going through and editing the date in every single announcement that mentioned it. The announcement that's up there NOW is what should have gone up Sunday morning.
It was trying to lie to us that got everyone so angry, myself included.

View PostMajor_Rampage, on Jan 13 2013 - 23:33, said:

Okay Folks I am sorry for the confusion on this.  This event ending early is my fault due to my confusion in regards to the way the weekend events are set up.  I set it up to run Friday through Sunday, when are supposed to run Friday through Monday.  The events all start and end at the same time.  14:00 over in Minsk.  Which lead to my confusion.

View PostMajor_Rampage, on Jan 16 2013 - 02:42, said:

Hey Folks.

I said it before and I will repeat it again.  I am sorry.  I messed up the dates.  As soon as this came to light I start working with generaldirrection on what I would be able to do to try and make it up to all of you.

All of our events and specials are all planned and submitted a month in advance.  So the first chance I have to be able to make a major event to make this up to everyone is in February.

Moonrider,

Please see my quoted posts.  The original edits to the article were not an attempt to deceive anyone. As you can see from my previous posts I have been very up front about this since it became an issue.    The changes that were made to the article were an attempt to people from thinking the event was still on going.  But as always I thankful for you feedback  on how those changes were made,  and I agree that the current edits to the article do much better represent the situation.  Once again I am very sorry to everyone who was affected by this.  Please keep your eyes on this thread I hope to have additional information for you today on this.

Sunburn_ #1072 Posted Jan 16 2013 - 19:00

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15067 battles
GeneralDirection,

I would like to be able to buy back the rare premium tank I sold as a noob just like the Russian players are apparently able to buy back sold premium tanks.

http://wg-news.ru/vo...dannoj-texniki/

A poll has been taken and players have shown overwhelming support for the ability to buy back one premium sold by mistake (85% for, 15% against)

http://forum.worldof...-tank-back/#top

NA players should have access to the same premium tanks, same caliber gift shop specials, weekend specials  and customer service (ability to buy back sold premium tanks is the case in point).

Here is Mugsy_ admitting different servers apply different policies. That is unfair.

View PostMugsy_, on Jan 09 2013 - 22:16, said:

Hello folks,
I also looked into this issue and what it comes down to is if you accidentally sell a premium tank and submit a ticket within 24 hours we can probably make an exception for you and do the manual work to get your tank back. However, we do not recover tanks sold in the past.
I understand other servers may have either different policies or ran promotional events but for now that's the official word I am being given.
I know it isn't crowd pleasing and I apologize I can do more at this time. A big part of my role to is advocate and argue on behalf of player sentiment and I will continue to push for you guys.
Any changes in these policies will definitely be announced.

A limited time promotion like this would make many players happy including myself:

View PostMugsy_, on Jan 09 2013 - 23:09, said:

I am gonna keep working on finding a resolution for you folks. As I understand it, EU offered premiums back as a promotional event, perhaps we could do the same. I will investigate.

Thanks.

Edited by SunBurn1, Jan 16 2013 - 19:34.

GeneralDirection #1073 Posted Jan 16 2013 - 19:04

Major

• Administrator
  • 5829 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

View Post3BAC, on Jan 16 2013 - 16:42, said:

Really, what more proof do you need?  Call it errors or typos, WG goofed up.  What makes this so bad is the poor responses and unprofessional cover ups meant to conceal those errors to history.  The main point being, the way most of the Mods (Major_Rampage is the only exception in my view) and WG have responded to this screw up, is bad customer support and verging on underhanded.  You are not helping to improve that perception and should leave any future comment to someone willing to accept that WG and Mods made mistakes here, and be genuinely appologetic that you've done so.

I have been very apologetic all over the forum regarding this. I'm struggling to understand how you're taking issue with my request to point out who claimed it was a typo.

Tedster59 #1074 Posted Jan 16 2013 - 19:07

Major

• Players
  • 31495 battles
  • [FOXEY] FOXEY

View PostGeneralDirection, on Jan 16 2013 - 19:04, said:

I have been very apologetic all over the forum regarding this. I'm struggling to understand how you're taking issue with my request to point out who claimed it was a typo.

I think there might be too many posts here to go through to find the important ones.

papillon333 #1075 Posted Jan 16 2013 - 19:41

Private

• Players
  • 4118 battles
I think they are going to be adding the missing tanks to the special.

I got this reply to my ticket:

"We are also aware that not all of the tanks from the Heavy Destruction Weekend event have made it into this special and we will try and get those tanks into an upcoming event as soon as possible."

I've been in the services industry for more than fifteen years, and my company serves 100 million+  customers. I've a hard time understanding why they didn't fix this issue at once rather making their customer so unhappy.

3BAC #1076 Posted Jan 16 2013 - 19:44

Major

• Wiki Staff
  • 43448 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

You know, I am over the whole weekend events being messed up.  Mistakes were made, Major_Rampage ponied up to them and sincerly appologized.

I'm taking issue with you because you jumped in asking for proof of typos, and that you did "not see any case of that right now." To us, that is just one more effort to erase the fact an event was announced, executed with significant errors, and then "corrections" happened to make it appear to the uniformed it was meant to be that way. The thread is full of all the cases you should need to identify who pointed out the errors.  Instead, you claim you don't see any?  The cover ups are everywhere and pointed out. Now that all the non-forum pages (except the first post) have fixed all the "typos", you come in and say you don't see any evidence there were typos?  How do you expect any of us to feel?  The point I was trying to make with you was be like Major_Rampage. Pony up to the fact mistakes were made, "typos" were corrected, and avoid any appearance you are trying to deny they happened.

Also, I apologize for taking my anger from this page over to the 8.3 page.  However, what I saw there was the same thing.

Paraphrase you:
"Look at what we are doing for you tankers!"
"What do you mean?  It is the same event as the EU server!"
"Oh, dang, I guess we completely missed it."
"Typo corrected!"
"Hey, don't insult me, I fixed the typo."

Honestly, who's in charge of Quality Assurance?  The same person in charge of Customer Support?

Moonrider #1077 Posted Jan 16 2013 - 19:53

Major

• Players
  • 30853 battles

View PostMajor_Rampage, on Jan 16 2013 - 18:58, said:

[size=4]

Moonrider,

Please see my quoted posts.  The original edits to the article were not an attempt to deceive anyone. As you can see from my previous posts I have been very up front about this since it became an issue.

I'm absolutely sure YOU didn't intend to deceive anyone. Unfortunately, the retroactive editing of every single article on the website mentioning "Heavy Destruction Weekend" posted for the last month sure looks like someone was attempting to deceive us from where I stand. Otherwise why go through all that trouble? It would have been much less damaging WGNA's credibility simply to post the current edit of the article and not worry about the previous articles. Less work, too.

Moonrider #1078 Posted Jan 16 2013 - 20:01

Major

• Players
  • 30853 battles

3BAC understood my meaning and clarified it in detail. No one from WGNA used the actual word, "typo"

I use the Merriam-Webster definition of TYPO: an error (as of spelling) in typed or typeset material.

The quote below, from the original "correction" edit describes just such a class of error

"UPDATE: The incorrect time was listed on the original article as listing Heavy Destruction Weekend ending at 03:00 PST on January 14, 2013 -- that's incorrect. The event ended at 04:00 PST on January 13, 2013. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused."

badmonkey59 #1079 Posted Jan 16 2013 - 20:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23798 battles
  • [-LEG-] -LEG-
As Nixon learned, it wasn't the break-in it was the cover-up.

Edited by badmonkey59, Jan 16 2013 - 20:10.

AcePig #1080 Posted Jan 16 2013 - 20:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 45172 battles
  • [MTBBS] MTBBS
YOU ARE STILL LYING--

"Originally when this article was written, we had posted an end time of 03:00 PST on January 14, 2013. Unfortunately, that time and date were incorrect when we put together the story and we didn't notice the error until the contest had ended on 03:00 PST on January 13, 2013, a whole day earlier than we had originally planned."

EVERY WEEKEND EVENTS BEFORE ENDED ON MONDAY, NOT SUNDAY. DO YOU THINK WE ARE MORONS?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users