Heavy Destruction Weekend

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1174 replies to this topic

Thors__Hammer #701 Posted Jan 13 2013 - 23:14

Corporal

• Players
  • 3002 battles

View PostDayjavuu78, on Jan 13 2013 - 23:05, said:

Premium Player lost - -go xxxx yourselves WG.

Had it with you.  I ma now spending my money on MW.

xxxxxxx idiots/.  Enjoy getting xxxxxx over guys.  Im done with thewir russian toilet bullshit.   . Nothing but low class Russina slum xxxxx, AND THEY KNOW IT.  FU WG - GO xxxx YOUR GRANDMOTHERS IN TH E xxx LIKE YOPU RUSSIAN xxxxx FAVOR.

COMMUNIST xxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx. Go xxxx YOUR FATHERS.

dude, you need to chill! Remember there are kids that come to these forums. Send in a complaint ticket like a lot of us have, express  your anger here, but you are taking it a tadddddd too far!!!

Edited by Thors__Hammer, Jan 13 2013 - 23:23.

Anton668 #702 Posted Jan 13 2013 - 23:17

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11175 battles
  • [RDDT3] RDDT3

View PostThors__Hammer, on Jan 13 2013 - 23:14, said:

tadddddd too far!!!

only a tad?

chart:
reasonable response

uncalled for response

him

EvilGenius007 #703 Posted Jan 13 2013 - 23:24

Corporal

• Players
  • 18765 battles
  • [S-A] S-A
WarGaming,
I do not intend to insult you or employ hyperbole in expressing how disappointed I am with your handling of this special, but instead intend to rationally express where I feel you have let your customers down. I don't necessarily feel the need to enumerate the many mistakes and ommisions and choose to do so only because while they have been repeated by many others, I have yet to see a full listing in one place:

1) Wrong end date listed
2) Wrong tank listed for German participant
3) Misleading or incomplete information listed for crew member re-training costs (not noting this would apply for 100% "Gold" retraining only)
4) Exclusion of crew skill and perk retraining costs without clarification
5) End date inconsistent with most every other "weekend" special in the 5 months I have been playing this game

While these are not grevious errors, your response to them has demonstrated little to no appreciation of your customers. Even retailers which purvey non-digital goods (i.e. things that have a fixed per unit cost to produce, unlike numbers and database entries somewhere on a server) will often honor mistaken pricing and sale dates in order to avoid losing customers. No doubt you are aware that the people responding to this thread are a very small minority of the player base. Nonetheless, your apparent unwillingness to make things right for customers in a timely fashion has left me soured on the game and unlikely to invest further in real-money purchases.

At this point, I am unsure of what action you could take to reinterest me in spending my money on this game. At the very least, I feel the benefits of this special as it was originally advertised MUST be made available again in the near future. That would include crew training for credits and discounted purchase price as well as additional income on all of the originally listed heavies (including the Tiger P) for a full 3-day weekend period. I feel it would also be appropriate, in light of how some people may have purchased premium time to overlap the advertised dates of this event (as I myself did) that you should include a code to grant a free 3-day period of premium time to all of your players.

If you wish to earn back my financial support you must demonstrate that you are capable and willing to act in good faith to resolve the complaints of your customers. Claims of "typos" and an inability to act are not acceptable, and will no doubt discourage my continued participation in any aspect of this game or community.

Thanks,
-EG007

Edited by EvilGenius007, Jan 13 2013 - 23:34.

Gzav8 #704 Posted Jan 13 2013 - 23:28

Corporal

• Players
  • 7788 battles

View PostEvilGenius007, on Jan 13 2013 - 23:24, said:

5) End date inconsistent with most every other "weekend" special in the 3 months I have been playing this game

I have been playing WoT for almost a year now, and every "week end event" lasted from Friday evening to Monday early in the morning. The week end days, as Saturday and Sunday, were fully in the event. The "sorry wrong end date" excuse is just terribly lame

Edited by Gzav8, Jan 13 2013 - 23:29.

Ammo #705 Posted Jan 13 2013 - 23:30

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 23205 battles
I am very disappointed to say the least - people plan things around events like this - not very cool at all!   :Smile-angry:

Hoss1193 #706 Posted Jan 13 2013 - 23:31

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19336 battles
Was I bummed a little that the special ended a day early, especially the x2 Crew XP?  Yes.
Do I think WG gooned this and am I annoyed with them for doing so?  Yes.

But jeez, c'mon folks, it's not that big a deal.   Kinda bewildered by the deluge of outrage over this.  Sounds like some folks are ready to jump off a bridge.

EvilGenius007 #707 Posted Jan 13 2013 - 23:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 18765 battles
  • [S-A] S-A

View PostGzav8, on Jan 13 2013 - 23:28, said:

I have been playing WoT for almost a year now, and every "week end event" lasted from Friday evening to Monday early in the morning. The week end days, as Saturday and Sunday, were fully in the event. The "sorry wrong end date" excuse is just terribly lame
Thanks. I didn't want to drag on, but the only ocassions I've seen where the dates were different were this past holiday season when some events ran LONGER than Friday -> early morning Monday. I'm glad to see someone confirming this who has been playing longer. Though, apparently I've been playing for over 5 months myself!

Major_Rampage #708 Posted Jan 13 2013 - 23:33

Game Events Manager

• Administrator
  • 14304 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A
Okay Folks I am sorry for the confusion on this.  This event ending early is my fault due to my confusion in regards to the way the weekend events are set up.  I set it up to run Friday through Sunday, when are supposed to run Friday through Monday.  The events all start and end at the same time.  14:00 over in Minsk.  Which lead to my confusion.

I have talked with generaldirrection about this and we are setting up the first week in February to be big weekend to make all of this up to all of you.

We are going to run a Super Brawl weekend  on Super Bowl Weekend...  yeah it's a bad pun but let me share what we are doing on that weekend.

Earning x2 Credits:
  • MT IV Pz III
  • HT VI T-150
  • HT VII PzKpfw VI Tiger (P)

Earns x1.7 Credits
  • HT V KV-1
  • MT V PzKpfw IV
  • MT V M4 Sherman
Earning 1.6x Credits
  • HT VII IS
  • HT VI KV-2

50% Discount on the following Vehicles:
  • MT IV Pz III
  • HT V KV-1
  • MT V PzKpfw IV
  • MT V M4 Sherman
  • HT VI T-150
  • HT VII IS
  • HT VI KV-2

50% Discount on the following Premium Tanks
  • MT V Ram II
  • MT V T14
  • MT V Matilda Black Prince
Other Discounts:
  • 50% Credits Discount on Equipment
  • 50% Gold Discount on Garage Slots Gold
  • 50% Gold Discount on Crew training/retraining Gold 50%
  • Discount on Premium Account Gold 3 Days for 300 Gold
  • Increase in Crew Experience Experience x3

smitemeister #709 Posted Jan 13 2013 - 23:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 15194 battles
  • [R0YAL] R0YAL

WarGaming,
I do not intend to insult you or employ hyperbole in expressing how disappointed I am with your handling of this special, but instead intend to rationally express where I feel you have let your customers down. I don't necessarily feel the need to enumerate the many mistakes and ommisions and choose to do so only because while they have been repeated by many others, I have yet to see a full listing in one place:

1) Wrong end date listed
3) Misleading or incomplete information listed for crew member re-training costs (not noting this would apply for 100% "Gold" retraining only)
5) End date inconsistent with most every other "weekend" special in the 5 months I have been playing this game

While these are not grevious errors, your response to them has demonstrated little to no appreciation of your customers. Even retailers which purvey non-digital goods (i.e. things that have a fixed per unit cost to produce, unlike numbers and database entries somewhere on a server) will often honor mistaken pricing and sale dates in order to avoid losing customers. No doubt you are aware that the people responding to this thread are a very small minority of the player base. Nonetheless, your apparent unwillingness to make things right for customers in a timely fashion has left me soured on the game and unlike to invest further in real-money purchases.

At this point, I am unsure of what action you could take to reinterest me in spending my money on this game. At the very least, I feel the benefits of this special as it was originally advertised MUST be made available again in the near future. That would include crew training for credits and discounted purchase price as well as additional income on all of the originally listed heavies (including the Tiger P) for a full 3-day weekend period. I feel it would also be appropriate, in light of how some people may have purchased premium time to overlap the advertised dates of this event (as I myself did) that you should include a code to grant a free 3-day period of premium time to all of your players.

If you wish to earn back my financial support you must demonstrate that you are capable and willing to act in good faith to resolve the complaints of your customers. Claims of "typos" and an inability to act are not acceptable, and will no doubt discourage my continued participation in any aspect of this game or community.

Thanks,
-EG007

Ditto! Not impressed, WG. I was planning all week to make a purchase today and just noticed the update on the website. Your mistake effectively cost me 700,000 in-game credits. As a regular paying customer, I expect some kind of compensation.

A_Defenseless_Kitten #710 Posted Jan 13 2013 - 23:36

Major

• Players
  • 22767 battles
  • [D_D_T] D_D_T

View PostMajor_Rampage, on Jan 13 2013 - 23:33, said:

Other Discounts:
hmmm I guess that is acceptable. ​ squeak discount on equipment :D

Edited by 1_____Yummy_Lemming____1, Jan 13 2013 - 23:37.

Rake #711 Posted Jan 13 2013 - 23:36

Major

• Players
  • 36161 battles
  • [LONER] LONER

Okay Folks I am sorry for the confusion on this.  This event ending early is my fault due to my confusion in regards to the way the weekend events are set up.  I set it up to run Friday through Sunday, when are supposed to run Friday through Monday.  The events all start and end at the same time.  14:00 over in Minsk.  Which lead to my confusion.

I have talked with generaldirrection about this and we are setting up the first week in February to be big weekend to make all of this up to all of you.

We are going to run a Super Brawl weekend  on Super Bowl Weekend...  yeah it's a bad pun but let me share what we are doing on that weekend.

Earning x2 Credits:
  • MT IV Pz III
  • HT VI T-150
Earns x1.7 Credits
  • HT V KV-1
  • MT V PzKpfw IV
  • MT V M4 Sherman
Earning 1.6x Credits
  • HT VII IS
  • HT VI KV-2

• MT IV Pz III
  • HT V KV-1
  • MT V PzKpfw IV
  • MT V M4 Sherman
  • HT VI T-150
  • HT VII IS
  • HT VI KV-2
  • MT V Ram II
  • MT V T14
Other Discounts:

I will give you credit for owning up to the mistake.

HRBLT #712 Posted Jan 13 2013 - 23:40

Corporal

• Players
  • 15673 battles
  • [ROXY] ROXY
Dear Player,
Thank you for contacting World of Tanks support.
As you may know there were quite a few errors with the posting of the Heavy Destruction Weekend.
These errors have been corrected in the post and we apologize for any inconvenience.
Unfortunately we at support are unable to offer any sort of compensation and we kindly ask for your understanding.
Major Rampage however is aware of the mistake and is planning on making it up to our players as soon as possible.
Again we apologize for the mistake and despite this error we have you continue enjoying World Of Tanks.

Best Regards,
Wayne Cartwright
Wargaming America Support Service
To reply, please log in at https://support.worldoftanks.com using your registered account email and password.

Edited by HRBLT, Jan 13 2013 - 23:41.

EvilGenius007 #713 Posted Jan 13 2013 - 23:41

Corporal

• Players
  • 18765 battles
  • [S-A] S-A

First, thanks for admitting it was a mistake in executing the weekend specials and not claiming it was a typo in the special description. Owning up to a mistake like that is a big deal in any effort to earn back our trust.

Second, you probably shouldn't use the "Super B---" phrase - the NFL has gotten super litigious about that! Just call it "Super Brawl" weekend and post the dates, we'll get the lame pun.

Third, your still missing discount purchase prices & income bonuses on the KV-3, T29, Black Prince & AMX M4(1945). You're also still missing the credit discount on crew retraining. And finally, I still strongly feel that a code for free premium play time would be more appropriate as a conciliatory gesture than a discount.

thebobe #714 Posted Jan 13 2013 - 23:42

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14427 battles
Wow, I almost "accidentally" spent $15.

I understand errors occur. But the usual method of handling them is to go with what was posted, even if it costs you some money. That's how I run my business and many business laws require it. WG, you might have someone proofread your ads from now on.

Unfortunately, I now stuck with a bunch of red crews for the next month at least.

Edited by thebobe, Jan 13 2013 - 23:55.

AGK47 #715 Posted Jan 13 2013 - 23:43

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15016 battles
  • [53RD] 53RD
That at least shows people that you guys care, but that doesn't really help me. I was going for the T29.  :Smile_sceptic:
Still, thanks!  :Smile_Default:

panzerdan412 #716 Posted Jan 13 2013 - 23:43

Captain

• Players
  • 12734 battles
  • [NCN] NCN
Just make sure the super bowl special doesn't end early.

cwjian90 #717 Posted Jan 13 2013 - 23:44

Major

• Players
  • 6576 battles
  • [-CB-] -CB-
Finally, an equipment sale. Thanks, Major_Rampage!

Hastyr #718 Posted Jan 13 2013 - 23:45

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 7927 battles
  • [TB] TB
Most unfortunate i was hoping to unlock my T29 today and finding out it wasnt half price anymore.
A bit more of a heads up that the event ended earlier would had been nice.

w00ter6 #719 Posted Jan 13 2013 - 23:46

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 20591 battles
  • [NTR] NTR

WarGaming,

1) Wrong end date listed

While these are not grevious errors, your response to them has demonstrated little to no appreciation of your customers. Even retailers which purvey non-digital goods (i.e. things that have a fixed per unit cost to produce, unlike numbers and database entries somewhere on a server) will often honor mistaken pricing and sale dates in order to avoid losing customers. No doubt you are aware that the people responding to this thread are a very small minority of the player base. Nonetheless, your apparent unwillingness to make things right for customers in a timely fashion has left me soured on the game and unlikely to invest further in real-money purchases.

Thanks,
-EG007

Hi Wargaming,

You  must be extremely entertained to read all the fuss over an event ending one day early. It really is pathetic to read the reactions from these putz. Especially the one above. Don't worry though, I am sure I'll provide enough money to compensate at least some of their 'loss of loyalty'. Good work raking in the cash, keep it up and can't wait to buy my way to the next t10s!

Hating the whiners,

w00ter

jasonvoorheesrevenge #720 Posted Jan 13 2013 - 23:46

Major

• Players
  • 12902 battles
  • [7PZD] 7PZD

Earning x2 Credits:
  • MT IV Pz III
  • HT VI T-150
Earns x1.7 Credits
  • HT V KV-1
  • MT V PzKpfw IV
  • MT V M4 Sherman
Earning 1.6x Credits
  • HT VII IS
  • HT VI KV-2

• MT IV Pz III
  • HT V KV-1
  • MT V PzKpfw IV
  • MT V M4 Sherman
  • HT VI T-150
  • HT VII IS
  • HT VI KV-2
  • MT V Ram II
  • MT V T14
Other Discounts:

Thank you for owning up to your mistakes, and making it up to us.

I am actually not mad much anymore. :)

I mean all I wanted is just increased