XVM Stats

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
56 replies to this topic

Wake_Island #1 Posted Jan 13 2013 - 16:50

Major

• Players
  • 3546 battles
OMG I can tell every match I am going to lose!
Last match I was in 7 people were under 45% and no one over 55%
And the other team had a 70% and a 66% with a like 6 guys above 50
Of course I saw the end before it started oh and we lost so bad.
So does this mean WG needs to redo the MM to even out the good and bad players?

Drexelr1 #2 Posted Jan 13 2013 - 16:55

Corporal

• Players
  • 29786 battles
Ever heard that ignorance is bliss? Maybe if you didn't know how good/bad those guys were, your mindset would be on winning. You might surprise yourself.

Cartoonman #3 Posted Jan 13 2013 - 16:57

Major

• Players
  • 13457 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

View PostWake_Island, on Jan 13 2013 - 16:50, said:

OMG I can tell every match I am going to lose!
Last match I was in 7 people were under 45% and no one over 55%
And the other team had a 70% and a 66% with a like 6 guys above 50
Of course I saw the end before it started oh and we lost so bad.
So does this mean WG needs to redo the MM to even out the good and bad players?

This is why we can't have nice things. Giving the uneducated the tools of unicums will only result in utter failure.

I can't tell you how many battles I've beaten a whole -G- platoon (including the infamous Garbad), when the odds were not on my team's favour.

ForeverN00b #4 Posted Jan 13 2013 - 17:06

Major

• Players
  • 18917 battles
  • [AR_15] AR_15

View PostCartoonman, on Jan 13 2013 - 16:57, said:

This is why we can't have nice things. Giving the uneducated the tools of unicums will only result in utter failure.

I can't tell you how many battles I've beaten a whole -G- platoon (including the infamous Garbad), when the odds were not on my team's favour.

What he said.  It is simply odds, but I have been surprised both ways in many battles.  I have seen 43%ers rise up to the occasion, and I also see 58%ers die in the first 2 minutes.  Granted, the reverse is usually the case, but not always.

Edit:  More importantly than judging the probable outcome, XVM is best used to prioritize targets.

Edited by ForeverN00b, Jan 13 2013 - 17:07.

Maudite #5 Posted Jan 13 2013 - 17:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 20656 battles
  • [SAAZ] SAAZ
Uninstall xvm or the game, pick one.

Beerstein #6 Posted Jan 13 2013 - 17:08

Major

• Players
  • 15964 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostMaudite, on Jan 13 2013 - 17:07, said:

Uninstall xvm or the game, pick one.
This, thankfully I was smart enough to never install XVM.

GhostUnitVII #7 Posted Jan 13 2013 - 17:08

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18195 battles
  • [_EC_] _EC_
XVM is a joke... people with high percentages might be in a bad day or even in a bad match, people who dont try or even give up by just looking at ones stats just need to uninstall the mod or even the game...

I get so annoyed when i hear some idiot on the team saying "OMG they have a 92% chance of winning!!" then our team wins... or sometimes loses because the idiot would be the highest tier in the battle, and gets himself killed...

TachikomaO_O #8 Posted Jan 13 2013 - 17:11

Major

• Players
  • 9237 battles
I don't have xvm, but I can tell the outcome of a game base on
player names (yes, names reveal a lot about the players),
clans (good clans trump bad clans, nuff said),
and the tanks that were picked for both teams (mediums, TD, heavy, arty, light, everything matters)
All this happens in the first 30 seconds.  
I then will do my best to accommodate, either play leading assault or base support or both to ensure we have a fighting chance.  
As I've mentioned many times before, MM and RNG have the ultimate verdict on an outcome of the game.  
One can try to do everything right but they can't control the element outside of themselves.  
If I have a platoon that rushes in and die the first minute and they all happen to be our high tiers, I can only the other team also have equal amount of idiots.  
If I shoot a tank from the side and bounces 3 out of 4, I can only hope my teammates have a better RNG and will provide cover fire.  
There are many indicators you need to know to avoid a constant defeat:
is the same fail platoon on your side more than one battle?  
are you always placed at the bottom thus give you less power to influence the outcome?
Either way, if you start losing nonstop the chances are MM selected you to be the "food" for others and you need to stop playing for awhile.

As for the xvm users
The correct way to use it, I'd imagine is to identify unicums and list them as priority targets.  There are many theories one can try.  Xvm is just a tool, you should use it to your own advantage, don't let it take control of you.

MrItchyBottom #9 Posted Jan 13 2013 - 17:13

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37630 battles
i recall my team with average 44% win rate roflstomp other side that mostly 53-60% win ratio.

the problem with people who use xvm, is when you see your team dont have the advantage, they start to "play it safe" or "i want to be

the last 1 to be killed" or, "lets suicide, we cant win anyway"  :Smile_sceptic:

that been said the team will end up with either lemming strategy, suicidal rush or sporadic chaos resulting in "no one at key position" situation.

all in all, if you install XVM just to see who you can rely on each game (finding someone to carry your behind) and to feel good having a good team

dont! just uninstall that mode, if you want to see your efficiency, there are other alternative. :Smile_harp:

Edited by vitagens84, Jan 13 2013 - 17:16.

Dogsoldier6 #10 Posted Jan 13 2013 - 17:14

Captain

• Players
  • 32261 battles
  • [GBEAR] GBEAR
XVM is a tool, and I must say as a prediction machine it is a failure, a prediction of win/loss percentage that is. XVM cannot factor in team work in the formula, and sometimes low percentage players are good at team work.

You can set it up so that doesn't tell you your chances of winning but does tell you whom the most dangerous players are out there. I would do that if I were you so you know whom to shoot first. I know other players do it because I can be in a bottom tier tank mixed in with a gaggle of the other higher tier tanks, of much lower rating, and you want to guess whom everyone shoots at first. By the way I have no problem with this, especially when it is arty, I call it my Artillery Magnets  :Smile_Default:

SMScannonfodder #11 Posted Jan 13 2013 - 17:19

Major

• Players
  • 19963 battles
  • [-S-A] -S-A

View PostBeerstein, on Jan 13 2013 - 17:08, said:

This, thankfully I was smart enough to never install XVM.
I don't know if I smart enough, but everytime someone on our team says what a low chance we have to win, I tell him to shutup and play the game, and than encourage our team to succeed. Most time we do, I don't need XVM telling me that a platoon of high tier tanks lead by a well know clan will be an issue for my team. I go in every match thinking we can win.

GhostUnitVII #12 Posted Jan 13 2013 - 17:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18195 battles
  • [_EC_] _EC_

View PostTachikomaO_O, on Jan 13 2013 - 17:11, said:

I don't have xvm, but I can tell the outcome of a game base on names (yes, names reveal a lot about the players), clans, and the tanks that were picked for both teams.  This all happens in first 30 seconds.  I then will do my best to accommodate, either play leading assault or base support or both to ensure we have a fighting chance.  As I've mentioned many times before, MM and RNG have the ultimate verdict on an outcome of the games.  One can try to do everything right but they can't control the element outside of themselves.  If I have a platoon that rushes in and die the first minute and they all happen to be our high tiers, I can only the other team also have equal amount of idiots.  If I shoot a tank from the side and ding 3 out of 4, I can only hope my teammates have a better RNG and will cover me.  There are many indicators you need to know to avoid a constant defeat: is the same fail platoon on your side more than one battle?  are you always placed at the bottom thus give you less power to influence the outcome? Either way, if you start losing nonstop the chances are MM selected you to be the "food" for others and you need to stop playing for awhile.

3 things about this post.

1: Wall of Text, please use " , " next time, thankyou

2: telling how people would fight by just looking at their names is not a good thing to go by, once you reach tier 10 or even 8 you will see that wont help you at all, even with XVM.

3: unless you pack some great armor, never be lead tank (unless you have no other choice in the matter). Support roles are for mediums, TD's and "Light heavys" which basically have no hull armor but crap ton of turret armor like the T34 or T32.

you have about 2000+ battles but i mostly dont agree on who sucks by looking at their names.

Edited by GhostUnitVII, Jan 13 2013 - 17:21.

TachikomaO_O #13 Posted Jan 13 2013 - 17:24

Major

• Players
  • 9237 battles

View PostGhostUnitVII, on Jan 13 2013 - 17:20, said:

3 things about this post.

1: Wall of Text, please use " , " next time, thankyou

2: telling how people would fight by just looking at their names is not a good thing to go by, once you reach tier 10 or even 8 you will see that wont help you at all, even with XVM.

3: unless you pack some great armor, never be lead tank (unless you have no other choice in the matter). Support roles are for mediums, TD's and "Light heavys" which basically have no hull armor but crap ton of turret armor like the T34 or T32.

you have about 2000+ battles but i mostly dont agree on who sucks by looking at their names.

I'm an exception, because I'm not from this server.  I am an unicom with 20k battles on RU server, but like I said most people don't know, so I will not hold it again you.

SolidEagle #14 Posted Jan 13 2013 - 17:51

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16281 battles
XVM may not be perfect but when there is a 95% chance of winning it usually means "good times"

Alg0rithm #15 Posted Jan 13 2013 - 18:01

Captain

• Players
  • 16571 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN
Long as I have a 1% chance to carry the team we got a chance...

IHaveAHugeNick #16 Posted Jan 13 2013 - 18:13

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3582 battles
  • [1CABR] 1CABR
This is why I dont have xvm. The only downside is when some asshat starts spouting crap about how awful our team member's winrage/efficiency is. Usually those guys are very average or even bellow. They just like to point out those worse than them.

http://wotlabs.net/?...=ihaveahugenick

As someone who's worked hard at getting his winrate up, I often laugh when some moron points out my efficiency. It's very average, but's that's only because it was so terrible for so long. The las 60 days I have had a 53% win rate and a 1700 efficiency. I don't tell them, I just smile thinking about how stupid they sound calling others out (including myself hehehehe).

Edited by IHaveAHugeNick, Jan 13 2013 - 18:15.

IHaveAHugeNick #17 Posted Jan 13 2013 - 18:20

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3582 battles
  • [1CABR] 1CABR
Not to highjack this thread, but when I log in to a game, does xvm show winrate or efficiency? And also, does it show that current tank's stats or my global stats (all my tanks?)

I ask because I've gone back and worked on all my tanks to get them up to at least 50%. I'm on the last few to do, but they are awful. I'm about to start working on the T25-2 winrate, to get it up to 50%. It's at a terrible 41%. If they see that, then they must be ready to just give up lol.

What's sad is that now that I play properly, that stat doesn't reflect how I will perform at all.

DoomAndGloom #18 Posted Jan 13 2013 - 18:37

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10445 battles
xvm shows both overall winrate and efficiency for all players.  It does not show individual tank stats or at least not the version I am running.  Winrate prediction is for both overall player stats and then a second prediction based on player stats for the tanks they are playing.

FlorbFnarb #19 Posted Jan 13 2013 - 18:40

Major

• Players
  • 12163 battles
  • [M--M] M--M

View PostDogsoldier6, on Jan 13 2013 - 17:14, said:

XVM is a tool, and I must say as a prediction machine it is a failure, a prediction of win/loss percentage that is. XVM cannot factor in team work in the formula, and sometimes low percentage players are good at team work.

Illogical.  If they were good at teamwork then they would lose less often and stop being low percentage players.

So, Neatoman compiled numbers and showed that XVM's predictions are in fact quite accurate.  I don't use that aspect of the tool, myself, but only because I have no use for the predictions, not because of some supposed inaccuracy.

IHaveAHugeNick #20 Posted Jan 13 2013 - 19:25

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3582 battles
  • [1CABR] 1CABR

View PostDoomAndGloom, on Jan 13 2013 - 18:37, said:

xvm shows both overall winrate and efficiency for all players.  It does not show individual tank stats or at least not the version I am running.  Winrate prediction is for both overall player stats and then a second prediction based on player stats for the tanks they are playing.

Thanks DoomAndGloom. That's the answer I was looking for.