About cheating

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
149 replies to this topic

Irene_acwbdt #141 Posted Jan 17 2013 - 03:21

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
i think i've seen people use lag haxs on me

Exiledcrow #142 Posted Jan 17 2013 - 03:29

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostWoodStar, on Jan 16 2013 - 17:10, said:

Clueless crap? little girl please if you did not get my point let me spell it out for your dense melon. POINT being It has and was hacked therefore can and most likely WILL be hacked again if it has not already, anyone who believes this game is UNhackable is just plain moronic and that's my point. So if you can't get the just of it I'm sorry for you future life I'm done and will not argue with a lesser intelligent person for sake of arguing.

General insults. Warning issued.
~pizzastorm

That should be: a person of lesser intelligence, or, a less intelligent person.

If you're going to call people stupid, you should probably get those little things right.

And yeah, the game isn't unhackable, but other than the tracer mod, do you have anything in the nature of, y'know, proof?

zhunt99 #143 Posted Jan 17 2013 - 03:33

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I hack all the time by angling my armor so people can't pen me. Works like a charm. I'm surprised I haven't been banned for that trick.

VariaVespasa #144 Posted Jan 17 2013 - 06:51

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostEverpest, on Jan 16 2013 - 17:44, said:

Cheats would be things like: targeting skins, targeting computers, auto-aimers, auto-drivers, line of sight cheats, movement hacks.  

Out of curiosity, whats the difference between targeting computers and auto-aimers and the in-game auto-aim function?

dahdah325 #145 Posted Jan 17 2013 - 07:06

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Posttabjl, on Jan 16 2013 - 17:03, said:

I could see people hacking this game but not without attracting everyone's eyes attention...

Legit? The only hack ive seen is when me and my 2 other m4s were attacking this lone crusader and when it got to 2 hp it just forze.....Didnt move. Stopped moving like it was stuck in time....we kept firing at it and our shots just went threw it like it wasnt there......So we left it be.

This is not a hack. In all likelihood what you saw was a tank that had its crew killed (especially likely if you were derping). The tank will 'freeze' if the crew all dies, and will take no more damage. Same way you cant do damage to swimmers after the crew dies. It looks funny because you hardly ever see it, but crew-death kills happen once in a blue moon.

diego999 #146 Posted Jan 17 2013 - 08:57

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Still waiting for proof. Do you have some?

LouCypher111 #147 Posted Jan 17 2013 - 09:08

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostKnightmare93, on Jan 16 2013 - 17:04, said:

If you suspect a website giving out hacks for WoT, you will want to submit a ticket to the support team: https://support.worldoftanks.com/
These really aren't hacks, they're just scams.

Keep in mind that just about everything regarding WoT is handled on the server side. If someone were to hack it and (for example) give their tanks 9999999 mm of armour, everyone driving that same tank would have 9999999 mm of armour.
Additionally, it would take a great amount of skill and time to actually hack the servers so in all probability, no one is going to waste their time doing that.
What he said.

LouCypher111 #148 Posted Jan 17 2013 - 09:11

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postdahdah325, on Jan 17 2013 - 07:06, said:

This is not a hack. In all likelihood what you saw was a tank that had its crew killed (especially likely if you were derping). The tank will 'freeze' if the crew all dies, and will take no more damage. Same way you cant do damage to swimmers after the crew dies. It looks funny because you hardly ever see it, but crew-death kills happen once in a blue moon.
Ya, you rarely see it but odd enough I saw it happen twice in one night, one was on Dragon Ridge and the Tank was down to around 200hp, you could shoot over and over and nothing would happen.

Major_Richard_Head #149 Posted Jan 17 2013 - 10:08

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Keep in mind that just about everything regarding WoT is handled on the server side. If someone were to hack it and (for example) give their tanks 9999999 mm of armour, everyone driving that same tank would have 9999999 mm of armour.
Additionally, it would take a great amount of skill and time to actually hack the servers so in all probability, no one is going to waste their time doing that.

See what a smart hacker would do is only give a bonus if a rarely used combo of gear and consumables was loaded onto a tank.  Then he wouldn't give a huge obvious bonus like you did but something like say 20% bonus to hit, crit, armor and so on so that it would give him an advantage but nothing blatant.  Then just keep your stats below the top 5% or so and you just look like a "good" player.  Add in the random nature of the game, and the extreme learning curve to the game, and you can pass it off as luck.

An example played a game vs a guy in a t34 prem and he just rocked our team. (17 of 17 hits all pens all crits)  and go to see his stats and expect a super player and the guy is a 43% win rate, 37% hit rate.  So I guess it was luck that every shot I saw by him was on the move with turret turn and 4 vs me where me in my t34 hull down. (2 pening my mantel) Again without a doubt could it have been his lucky day, sure.  (made worse by the not so random number gen)  Its things like this though that make people tend to think its hacks.

Ok course none of this is even touching on the variety of mods one could write that would give a massive advantage, heck even the ability to scroll out further would be huge as arty.  On top of which everyone glosses over the fact they are using an outsourced engine.

Lastly nobody who takes the time to hack a game like WOT is going to tell anyone about it unless they are done with the game, so people saying there are no hacks without proof are asking for something they should know the won't get.  Funny though that everyone said the game couldn't be hacked and the idiots posted it on youtube and WG fixed it and still people claim the game can't be hacked.

Tolos #150 Posted Jan 17 2013 - 10:22

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostEverpest, on Jan 16 2013 - 18:36, said:

If it is a good cheat, you SHOULDN'T see it.  If you can't see it, it is likely that the WoT servers can't see it.  If I am using an auto-aimer to shift my turret and fire the nano-second you are targetable, you will not see anything wrong - except I am a wicked fast shot.  You ever wonder why tanks at long range "jerk" instead of moving smoothly?  I know the answer - technically - and I know how that is a client vulnerability.  Whatever.  I posted a technical topic and all I get is 100 replies that more or less say "I have no technical expertise whatsoever but here is my opinion on a technical subject".  And then you flame me with your ignorance.  Great.

I gotta admit I laughed when I read this, then shook my head, then thought to myself....are people really this stupid ?