Response to the Heavy Destruction weekend Mistake

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
43 replies to this topic

Ninja__Cat #1 Posted Jan 16 2013 - 20:22

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Many of you know that WoT made a mistake this weekend and ended the heavy destruction event early. For those of you that were planning on taking advantage of the discounts last weekend I'm sure you are frustrated just as I am. For those of you that spent real money for the event and are now upset I can understand why, but for those of you that threatening legal action I just want to say, what do you think you agree to in the legal agreement box you check each time WoT has an update? Basically the legal agreement I'm sure contains stuff that covers the asses of WoT in the event of any sort of mistake such as the one that happened and you agreed to those teams of services, so you have no legal issue against them.

To WoT I would have to say that as stated above you are probably in no legal trouble which I'm sure you know much more strongly than I do myself. And I think that the majority of us are frustrated, but understand that mistakes happen, such as the event ending early. However I would advise you to put back up the event for at least another day or so sometime in the near future. Why? Well quite simply the cost to you is nothing, but the potential reward to you in making more money in the future is there. Basically it would go a long way to regain the trust of your customers and with that trust potentially more people might be willing to spend money on the game in the future knowing that if they spend money on the game that WoT is dedicated to making sure that the customers get their moneys worth even if WoT makes the occasional mistake.

Well that is my two cents. Thank you.

Das_Schlippo #2 Posted Jan 16 2013 - 20:24

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
They already said there will be a make up event in February.  I think it's called Super Brawl Weekend because it happens Super Bowl weekend.

Ninja__Cat #3 Posted Jan 16 2013 - 20:32

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
From what I understand about that event unless the details have now changed is that that event was already a planned event as it was and it will not include anything that the Heavy Destruction weekend included.

fatkiddown #4 Posted Jan 16 2013 - 20:40

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Apologies for not searching for the answer to this: why did they end it early?  (Apologies if OP said why; quick-read it)....

dualmaster333 #5 Posted Jan 16 2013 - 20:41

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postfatkiddown, on Jan 16 2013 - 20:40, said:

Apologies for not searching for the answer to this: why did they end it early?  (Apologies if OP said why; quick-read it)....

Major_Rampage stated it was a mistake on his part - entering the end date as Sunday means Sunday morning, not Monday morning.

KilgorSoS #6 Posted Jan 16 2013 - 20:43

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostDas_Schlippo, on Jan 16 2013 - 20:24, said:

They already said there will be a make up event in February.  I think it's called Super Brawl Weekend because it happens Super Bowl weekend.

I see what they did there!

Besides, WHY did they end it early?
When they do this "Stuff" they always make it up to the playerbase, always.
Server down??? Well they ALWAYS add a premium day or 2 to premium account holders, and they have always fixed mistakes for events in the past, so less whining and more patience please.

fatkiddown #7 Posted Jan 16 2013 - 20:44

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postdualmaster333, on Jan 16 2013 - 20:41, said:

Major_Rampage stated it was a mistake on his part - entering the end date as Sunday means Sunday morning, not Monday morning.

Just wow.  Oh well, at least it wasn't as bad as the flare disaster on the oriskany -- http://en.wikipedia....Oriskany_(CV-34)

KilgorSoS #8 Posted Jan 16 2013 - 20:46

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postdualmaster333, on Jan 16 2013 - 20:41, said:

yes, but...NO, as the events all seem to run til monday morning, and have in the past. This is the first event I can remember that ended Sunday morning, not Monday morning. Maybe they should call it the 1/2 weekend event, since it only ran for 1/2 the weekend? I can see somes grief, as 2x crew training events are the rarest of all.

3BAC #9 Posted Jan 16 2013 - 20:47

Major

• Wiki Staff
  • 0 battles
OP, there is an official thread for Heavy Destruction event, including WG's response. When you open up a new thread to discuss it, a whole new world of confusion follows.  When you keep comments like yours in the thread designed for it, you tend to avoid complaints that have already been addressed, as well as responses like this:

View Postfatkiddown, on Jan 16 2013 - 20:40, said:

Responses like this will usually lead to honest folks trying to help answer, and then a whole new thread grows where it shouldn't.

Thank you.

fatkiddown #10 Posted Jan 16 2013 - 20:48

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Post3BAC, on Jan 16 2013 - 20:47, said:

Responses like this will usually lead to honest folks trying to help answer, and then a whole new thread grows where it shouldn't.

Thank you.

¬_¬

not sure if insulted...

Millbarge #11 Posted Jan 16 2013 - 20:52

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
its simple...

If ANY other company had done this they would have made it right for their customers..

ONLY WarGaming uses a special as an opportunity to alienate as many people as possible.

iomegaman #12 Posted Jan 16 2013 - 20:57

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I've missed special events before and buying tanks that are on sale.  But I've always found that the sale comes around again sooner or later.  It's like missing an episode of your favorite TV show.  Just wait for the re-run in the Spring.

Ninja__Cat #13 Posted Jan 16 2013 - 20:59

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Post3BAC, on Jan 16 2013 - 20:47, said:

OP, there is an official thread for Heavy Destruction event, including WG's response. When you open up a new thread to discuss it, a whole new world of confusion follows.  When you keep comments like yours in the thread designed for it, you tend to avoid complaints that have already been addressed, as well as responses like this:

The reason I created this thread is because the original one had turned into one giant bitchfest and I wanted to start a thread with a discussion with a reasonable attitude toward what happened it's solution.

Irene_acwbdt #14 Posted Jan 16 2013 - 21:15

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
the makeup event better be as good as this one was

MassiveHyperion #15 Posted Jan 16 2013 - 21:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I got my T29 for half off, what was wrong with the special, other than the IS wasn't also on sale.

Ninja__Cat #16 Posted Jan 16 2013 - 21:37

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostMassiveHyperion, on Jan 16 2013 - 21:35, said:

I got my T29 for half off, what was wrong with the special, other than the IS wasn't also on sale.

It ended a day earlier than it was suppose to.

Ihr_Tank_ist_kaputt #17 Posted Jan 16 2013 - 22:02

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostNinja__Cat, on Jan 16 2013 - 20:22, said:

Many of you know that WoT made a mistake this weekend and ended the heavy destruction event early. For those of you that were planning on taking advantage of the discounts last weekend I'm sure you are frustrated just as I am. For those of you that spent real money for the event and are now upset I can understand why, but for those of you that threatening legal action I just want to say, what do you think you agree to in the legal agreement box you check each time WoT has an update? Basically the legal agreement I'm sure contains stuff that covers the asses of WoT in the event of any sort of mistake such as the one that happened and you agreed to those teams of services, so you have no legal issue against them.

To WoT I would have to say that as stated above you are probably in no legal trouble which I'm sure you know much more strongly than I do myself. And I think that the majority of us are frustrated, but understand that mistakes happen, such as the event ending early. However I would advise you to put back up the event for at least another day or so sometime in the near future. Why? Well quite simply the cost to you is nothing, but the potential reward to you in making more money in the future is there. Basically it would go a long way to regain the trust of your customers and with that trust potentially more people might be willing to spend money on the game in the future knowing that if they spend money on the game that WoT is dedicated to making sure that the customers get their moneys worth even if WoT makes the occasional mistake.

Well that is my two cents. Thank you.

Whether adding an arbitration clause to a EULA is legally binding is ultimately decided on a case-by-case basis. Different U.S. courts have ruled different ways on this issue. The enforcibility depends on the specific wording of the clause, the circumstances under which is "agreed to," and the laws that govern that particular quasi-contract.

The argument companies generally make is that by clicking "yes," you agree to the terms, and enter a contract with them. Feel free to not agree, and use a different product, but if you want to play on their playground, you have to agree to the rules.
On the other hand, many people have argued that clicking "accept" is not the same thing as entering into a contract at all, as the consumer and the company are on different legal footing. In 2008, a California appeals court struck down a mandatory arbitration clause in T-Mobile's EULA because, basically, the agreement was written by a party with superior bargaining strength (T-Mobile) and the customer was given no ability to negotiate.

In no way does an EULA make a company immune from legal action. This is taken from an article about a lawsuit filed against Sony.

3BAC #18 Posted Jan 16 2013 - 23:05

Major

• Wiki Staff
  • 0 battles

View PostNinja__Cat, on Jan 16 2013 - 20:59, said:

The reason I created this thread is because the original one had turned into one giant bitchfest and I wanted to start a thread with a discussion with a reasonable attitude toward what happened it's solution.
I'm sure you meant well.  I don't mean to burst your bubble.  Regardless of your intent, if the original thread became a bitchfest, a new thread on the same subject will do the same.  Unless you are a forum moderator, nothing you can do will change that.  It has nothing to do with you.  That's just the way forum posts tend to go.

battleaxe0 #19 Posted Jan 17 2013 - 00:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
The problem with the "makeup" weekend is that it doesn't match the original special.  It's just a planned event that was already going to happen anyway that WoT has decided to call a makeup.  On top of that, it's during Super Bowl weekend and I'm sure many people will actually be watching the nearly eternal commercial-fest that has a few minutes of lagniappe tacked on that happens to be football.

rcairflyer #20 Posted Jan 17 2013 - 17:50

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postbattleaxe0, on Jan 17 2013 - 00:20, said:

The problem with the "makeup" weekend is that it doesn't match the original special.  It's just a planned event that was already going to happen anyway that WoT has decided to call a makeup.  On top of that, it's during Super Bowl weekend and I'm sure many people will actually be watching the nearly eternal commercial-fest that has a few minutes of lagniappe tacked on that happens to be football.

The only problem with the make-up event is that it is too far removed from the orginal pain.  It should have been held ASAP.  
The Superbrawl event has 3 half-offs.  That is sweeter than usual.  I think that's what makes it a make-up/compensatory event.  And there will be plenty of hours outside the superbowl.

Edited by rcairflyer, Jan 17 2013 - 17:51.