Jump to content


Hide-and-Seek Weekend


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
80 replies to this topic

del1001228920 #1 Posted Jan 17 2013 - 20:01

    Content Wizard

  • Administrator
  • 0 battles
  • 444
  • Member since:
    09-04-2011
Howdy folks, it's time to play some good old fashioned hide-and-seek! We've got discounts and bonuses for everyone, including a 3x XP bonus through the 21st.

Expect to see a lot of lower tier battles this weekend with the weekend special and the new Chinese Tree being introduced. I know I'll be out there in my new Type T-34.

You can find the full list of details for Hide-and-Seek Weekend here!

Kankou #2 Posted Jan 17 2013 - 20:02

    Major

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 9,424
  • Member since:
    09-16-2012
Oh heavens, I now have to deal with the most annoying collection of TDs?

RushingJaws #3 Posted Jan 17 2013 - 20:03

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 268
  • Member since:
    10-18-2012
Good time to buy the Dicker Max.

JCAnderson #4 Posted Jan 17 2013 - 20:03

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 156
  • Member since:
    06-19-2012
Time to rebuy a Hellcat.

smiley119 #5 Posted Jan 17 2013 - 20:05

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 2,102
  • Member since:
    11-10-2010
Oh lookie chaffee on sale going to have it sit there for a bit till I get the crew maxed out ... *buys*

VRMoran #6 Posted Jan 17 2013 - 20:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 2,238
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011
Wow...that's a rather huge Dickermax discount...

ConnorSwift #7 Posted Jan 17 2013 - 20:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 2,784
  • Member since:
    02-22-2011
Where;\'s the little ELC AMX?   :Smile_confused:

JCAnderson #8 Posted Jan 17 2013 - 20:07

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 156
  • Member since:
    06-19-2012
Aren't the bonus credits usually applied to the same tanks that receive the credit discounts to purchase?

DeathMutant #9 Posted Jan 17 2013 - 20:09

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 818
  • Member since:
    09-15-2010
Oh, yeah, time to bring out the Hellcat again and getting yelled for "inviso-tank haxx0r!"   :Smile_trollface-3:

I wonder what the "Black Tom" event is next weekend? I would have expected a Hellcat -- a black (male?) cat from Hell -- to be included in an event named "Black Tom" too.

AGK47 #10 Posted Jan 17 2013 - 20:10

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 673
  • Member since:
    07-21-2012
The only problem that I see is that the scouts don't get bonuses, but I hope to get a "bonus" by killing jagdpanzers and hellcats.
Good event idea, though.  :Smile_Default:

Underdarkhunter #11 Posted Jan 17 2013 - 20:10

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 613
  • Member since:
    06-21-2012
Could someone post the specifics please?  Can't access Portal from work, only forums.

Thanks in advance!

iomegaman #12 Posted Jan 17 2013 - 20:10

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 813
  • Member since:
    03-25-2012
Time to finish grinding the M5 so I can buy the Chaffee at a discount!  Thanks WG!

JCAnderson #13 Posted Jan 17 2013 - 20:11

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 156
  • Member since:
    06-19-2012

View PostUnderdarkhunter, on Jan 17 2013 - 20:10, said:

Could someone post the specifics please?  Can't access Portal from work, only forums.

Thanks in advance!

Tankers!
Who didn't play hide-and-seek at one point in their youth? However, we'd be willing to bet that your childhood antics didn't include tons of tracked and weaponized steel. So this weekend we've got discounts for seekers, and bonuses for those hiders. Take your pick and roll out!
Hide-and-Seek Weekend will commence at 03:30 PST (11:30 UTC) on January 18, 2013 and will run through 03:00 (11:00 UTC) on January 21, 2013.
X3 Experience for the First Victory in Each Vehicle
25% Gold and Credit Discount for Camouflage
50% Gold Discount
VI Dicker Max Dicker Max
50% Credit Discount
M24 Chaffee Crusader VK 2801 T-50-2
+70% Credit Income
M18 Hellcat JagdPz IV  ARL V39 SU-100
Please keep in mind that selling any of the discounted vehicles above during the sale will yield only a 50% return of the sale price as credits.

Edited by JCAnderson, Jan 17 2013 - 20:14.


Major_Rampage #14 Posted Jan 17 2013 - 20:12

    Game Events Manager

  • Administrator
  • 0 battles
  • 3,700
  • Member since:
    01-04-2012

View PostJCAnderson, on Jan 17 2013 - 20:07, said:

Aren't the bonus credits usually applied to the same tanks that receive the credit discounts to purchase?

Most of the time it is the same tanks with bonuses and discounts.  We are trying something different this week to see how it goes.  As always feedback is always welcome.

Underdarkhunter #15 Posted Jan 17 2013 - 20:16

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 613
  • Member since:
    06-21-2012

View PostJCAnderson, on Jan 17 2013 - 20:11, said:

Tankers!
Who didn't play hide-and-seek at one point in their youth? However, we'd be willing to bet that your childhood antics didn't include tons of tracked and weaponized steel. So this weekend we've got discounts for seekers, and bonuses for those hiders. Take your pick and roll out!
Hide-and-Seek Weekend will commence at 03:30 PST (11:30 UTC) on January 18, 2013 and will run through 03:00 (11:00 UTC) on January 21, 2013.
X3 Experience for the First Victory in Each Vehicle
25% Gold and Credit Discount for Camouflage
50% Gold Discount
VI Dicker Max Dicker Max
50% Credit Discount
M24 Chaffee Crusader VK 2801 T-50-2
+70% Credit Income
M18 Hellcat JagdPz IV  ARL V39 SU-100
Please keep in mind that selling any of the discounted vehicles above during the sale will yield only a 50% return of the sale price as credits.

Thanks and +1 =)

GenPanzer #16 Posted Jan 17 2013 - 20:18

    Captain

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 1,511
  • Member since:
    08-15-2011

View PostMajor_Rampage, on Jan 17 2013 - 20:12, said:

Most of the time it is the same tanks with bonuses and discounts.  We are trying something different this week to see how it goes.  As always feedback is always welcome.

What's the chances of getting advanced notice of events like we did Dec-Jan? I know it kinda blew up in your face with the "typos", but just curious if that debacle jaded you guys from ever doing that again or not.

SumiXam #17 Posted Jan 17 2013 - 20:18

    Major

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 4,841
  • Member since:
    09-28-2011
+70% Hellcat credit income =  :Smile_trollface-3:

See you all on the battlefield...at least I'll see you anyway. :Smile_blinky:

JCAnderson #18 Posted Jan 17 2013 - 20:20

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 156
  • Member since:
    06-19-2012

View PostGenPanzer, on Jan 17 2013 - 20:18, said:

What's the chances of getting advanced notice of events like we did Dec-Jan? I know it kinda blew up in your face with the "typos", but just curious if that debacle jaded you guys from ever doing that again or not.

Oh yeah that was something I really liked.

BattlecryGWJ #19 Posted Jan 17 2013 - 20:21

    Major

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 4,410
  • Member since:
    12-20-2011

View PostMajor_Rampage, on Jan 17 2013 - 20:12, said:

Most of the time it is the same tanks with bonuses and discounts.  We are trying something different this week to see how it goes.  As always feedback is always welcome.

For what its worth, I like having the separated discounted price and buffed income, for this weekend at least.

I've already got/elited all the non-premium tanks that are on sale but I've already got the ARL V39 from a previous sale and don't have it elited yet, so I've got reason to play it a little more.   :Smile_Default:

tigerwhisperer #20 Posted Jan 17 2013 - 20:23

    Private

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011
hey guys ( ths is something outside cuz i dont no how to shoot out probs in teh forum)

i think the test server must give us more gold and credits
i oly tested 16 tanks
they must give us lik 300 million and 300000 gold with oly 30million freexp
test server is a place whr we ar free to do things which we cat afford in teh live server
plz reply guys thnx
(by the way wg plz respond)   :Smile_ohmy: