Jump to content


Looking for a Tier X path


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

c2colton #1 Posted Jan 21 2013 - 07:19

    Private

  • Players
  • 12654 battles
  • 9
  • Member since:
    04-22-2011
Which of the following lines would be less of a "hard" (like the Lee  :Smile_amazed: ) grind?

I am looking for a fun (more or less) grind, not one that is more trouble than it's worth (at least right now), I have arty for that..

My T7 lines are currently at;

Tiger P
Tiger
JagdPanther
T-25/2
KV-3
IS

I also just started the new Chinese line, would that be a good option also?

Which 2 lines should I focus on mostly? I play mostly for fun and thought that now would be a good time to start going for the end game tanks and to (eventually) help with CW.
Play style doesn't matter, I adjust to tank.

Thanks for all the advice I know you experts will give.

Anfield #2 Posted Jan 21 2013 - 07:28

    Major

  • WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 26193 battles
  • 3,735
  • [-G-] -G-
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011
E100, great end tier tank, Tiger 2 is fun, E75 even more fun.

Maus won't help you much in anything, JpE100 useless, T110E4 is meh, IS4 and IS7 kinda suck, although IS4 isn't THAT bad.

If you have time to find another line, there are plenty of good ones, but clan war being a requirement i'd probably look at the T57.

Edited by Anfield, Jan 21 2013 - 07:30.


PlasmaSwift_8 #3 Posted Jan 21 2013 - 07:40

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 3847 battles
  • 321
  • Member since:
    12-12-2011

View PostAnfield, on Jan 21 2013 - 07:28, said:

E100, great end tier tank, Tiger 2 is fun, E75 even more fun.

Maus won't help you much in anything, JpE100 useless, T110E4 is meh, IS4 and IS7 kinda suck, although IS4 isn't THAT bad.

If you have time to find another line, there are plenty of good ones, but clan war being a requirement i'd probably look at the T57.
How is the E100 a great end tier tank? IS7 isnt that bad, and why would u need a T57 in clan wars? the AMX50B is better

Anfield #4 Posted Jan 21 2013 - 07:50

    Major

  • WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 26193 battles
  • 3,735
  • [-G-] -G-
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011

View PostPlasmaSwift_8, on Jan 21 2013 - 07:40, said:

How is the E100 a great end tier tank? IS7 isnt that bad, and why would u need a T57 in clan wars? the AMX50B is better
Hi, I play clan wars at the Elite level, previously in Europe with my clan RELIC (map is wiped and NA will be introduced shortly), here is a video of our last war - http://www.youtube.c...?v=G4eUEPPbnrw. I own multiple top tier tanks, including the E100, IS7, and AMX 50B.

Your highest tier tank is tier 6, you have no clan, not that it would matter because you will of never played clan wars before, why would you think you have any kind of opinion on this matter? Let alone question mine.

The E100 is the strongest tier 10 heavy at the moment bar perhaps the T57, in the right hands it's absolutely lethal. IS7 is the worst tier 10 at the moment, it's not even used by the top clans because it has no redeeming qualities (basically a victim of a powercreep). The T57 is vastly superior to the AMX50B, it does everything better except for speed (which doesn't help the 50B as the bat chat has that covered). The T57 is also a better choice than the T110E5 for the same roles, it's damage output is immense.

Edited by Anfield, Jan 21 2013 - 07:51.


Kevlar1972 #5 Posted Jan 21 2013 - 07:52

    Captain

  • Players
  • 10392 battles
  • 1,392
  • Member since:
    12-26-2012
pwnd!

2gunkid #6 Posted Jan 21 2013 - 07:52

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 23226 battles
  • 101
  • [-UV-] -UV-
  • Member since:
    05-14-2011

View PostPlasmaSwift_8, on Jan 21 2013 - 07:40, said:

How is the E100 a great end tier tank? IS7 isnt that bad, and why would u need a T57 in clan wars? the AMX50B is better
i dont think hes asking someone that doesnt have an end tier tank?

DoubleEagle4126 #7 Posted Jan 21 2013 - 07:56

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 14560 battles
  • 281
  • Member since:
    06-05-2011
German medium line is fairly enjoyable imo and the only one I have went all the way with till the end.

Zakume #8 Posted Jan 21 2013 - 08:01

    Major

  • Players
  • 25935 battles
  • 3,162
  • Member since:
    09-19-2010

View PostPlasmaSwift_8, on Jan 21 2013 - 07:40, said:

How is the E100 a great end tier tank? IS7 isnt that bad, and why would u need a T57 in clan wars? the AMX50B is better

E-100: Great armor, hp, and gun. Only cons are it being on the slow side and it has a large silhouette.

IS-7: Low hp, terrible gun, terrible traverse and mobility, armor is paper other than turret which has a weakspot.

T57 vs 50B: 50B is not a bad tank, there are just tanks that play it's possible roles better. T57 has more dps as it reloads quicker in all aspects, has more armor as well. Batchat is better at being a mobile platform using auto-loaders since it is faster and much smaller.

View PostAnfield, on Jan 21 2013 - 07:50, said:

The E100 is the strongest tier 10 heavy at the moment bar perhaps the T57, in the right hands it's absolutely lethal. IS7 is the worst tier 10 at the moment, it's not even used by the top clans because it has no redeeming qualities (basically a victim of a powercreep). The T57 is vastly superior to the AMX50B, it does everything better except for speed (which doesn't help the 50B as the bat chat has that covered). The T57 is also a better choice than the T110E5 for the same roles, it's damage output is immense.

Pretty much this.

@ OP

If you're looking for a clan war tank, I'd ask the clan you are looking to join what tanks they use. If you do not know this information, the E-100, T110E4, and IS-4 will be your best bets out of the tanks you already have.

Edited by Zakume, Jan 21 2013 - 08:06.


Kunkka_ #9 Posted Jan 21 2013 - 08:10

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 20767 battles
  • 263
  • [SFEX] SFEX
  • Member since:
    09-17-2011
I would say depends what you are looking for when you reach a tier 10. If you are looking for some pub fun, T110E4 is a pretty good option, but if you are gonna do clan wars when you have a tier 10 I think you can grind an American T110E5, since it is used pretty much in every map.

zephoid #10 Posted Jan 21 2013 - 08:12

    Captain

  • Players
  • 19520 battles
  • 1,223
  • [FEL0N] FEL0N
  • Member since:
    03-13-2011
IS line is probably the most fun. IS7 is still competitive in teir 10 despite all the complaints. E4 is probably the best for CW

Zakume #11 Posted Jan 21 2013 - 08:16

    Major

  • Players
  • 25935 battles
  • 3,162
  • Member since:
    09-19-2010

View Postzephoid, on Jan 21 2013 - 08:12, said:

IS line is probably the most fun. IS7 is still competitive in teir 10 despite all the complaints. E4 is probably the best for CW

Posted Image

TIGER_I #12 Posted Jan 21 2013 - 08:24

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 22799 battles
  • 783
  • Member since:
    10-04-2010

View PostZakume, on Jan 21 2013 - 08:16, said:

Posted Image


TrojanMan #13 Posted Jan 21 2013 - 08:26

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 12133 battles
  • 58
  • [WDN-Z] WDN-Z
  • Member since:
    02-02-2011
...get them all, i have every tier ten in the German line and its fun using all the different tanks :Smile_Default:

KiwiMark67 #14 Posted Jan 21 2013 - 10:22

    Major

  • Players
  • 38614 battles
  • 4,584
  • [ANVIL] ANVIL
  • Member since:
    08-24-2011

View PostTrojanMan, on Jan 21 2013 - 08:26, said:

...get them all

That's my aim!

I have 14 tier 10 tanks and am working on the rest.  I have 2 lines that I'm on tier 9 for and 2 that I'm on tier 8.  I also have 4 tier 8 arty.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users