So apparently I'm lucky...

Tags Are Irrelevant

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

Poll: So apparently I'm lucky... (30 members have cast votes)

Based on the replay, what am I?

1. The luckiest man in the world (7 votes [23.33%])

Percentage of vote: 23.33%

2. A moron, but a lucky one (23 votes [76.67%])

Percentage of vote: 76.67%

Bacon?

1. Yes (25 votes [83.33%])

Percentage of vote: 83.33%

2. Yes but I'm having turkey bacon because the default goes against my beliefs (no one will judge you) (5 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote Hide poll

r4y #1 Posted Jan 22 2013 - 18:02

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
NOT A RANT THREAD

http://www.mediafire...my3d4g06vlgi71i

The above battle was a tier VI battle in my Hetzer, and to put it bluntly, wasn't my finest moment :Smile_teethhappy: ; half of it consisted of trying to get my cheap-@$$ engine Kraut TD over hills and across terraces, and the other half is me getting shot at.  Clearly there's no excuse for why I survived the battle, much less survived and WON WITHOUT TAKING ANY DAMAGE!!!

Needless to say that up until now, I didn't even know there was a MEDAL for being LUCKY, of all things, but I must admit that if there was any time that I earned that medal, it was this time.

Moral of the story: if you're an arty player, and it looks like a bad shot, DON'T TAKE IT IF YOU WANT TO WIN AND AVOID THIS!

Spoiler                     

Yes, I cast my own vote calling myself a moron.  I have a sense of humor unlike many people I know.

Edited by r4y, Jan 22 2013 - 18:06.

agamemnon75 #2 Posted Jan 22 2013 - 18:13

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Been there.  A combination of greedy kill-stealers with bad aim and ram-happy kamikazers get you the lucky medals!

USMCGomerPyle #3 Posted Jan 22 2013 - 18:28

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Umm maybe you should go back and read why you got that lucky medal. It's not for being lucky and surviving. Lol.

redplauge #4 Posted Jan 22 2013 - 18:41

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
no he understands. he got lucky because the arty killed one of the guys next to him trying to kill him.

r4y #5 Posted Jan 22 2013 - 18:42

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostUSMCGomerPyle, on Jan 22 2013 - 18:28, said:

Umm maybe you should go back and read why you got that lucky medal. It's not for being lucky and surviving. Lol.

I KNOW how I got it, but getting the lucky medal is only part of what made me lucky.  The fact that I was on the winning team and didn't have a scratch on me added to the result.

View Postredplauge, on Jan 22 2013 - 18:41, said:

no he understands. he got lucky because the arty killed one of the guys next to him trying to kill him.

And it was one of THEIR arty too!  He was aiming for me!

Edited by r4y, Jan 22 2013 - 18:42.

Kramburglar #6 Posted Jan 22 2013 - 18:52

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
Ya, occasionally the best weapon at your disposal is the enemy arty  :Smile_veryhappy:

Posted Image

r4y #7 Posted Jan 22 2013 - 18:57

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostKramburglar, on Jan 22 2013 - 18:52, said:

Ya, occasionally the best weapon at your disposal is the enemy arty  :Smile_veryhappy:

Posted Image

Indeed.  I could just imagine the look on that StuG driver's face (yes I did the editing on the pic below):

Posted Image

Edited by r4y, Jan 22 2013 - 18:57.

The_Millard #8 Posted Jan 22 2013 - 18:58

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
Last night I lost two crew members and 700 HP from an arty that shot me while I was face hugging an enemy tank. He did NOT ping the target nor give me a heads up. I was ALSO between him and the enemy and he fired anyway.

jdtherocker #9 Posted Jan 22 2013 - 19:00

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I have had games where I haven't taken any damage at all but dealt a great amount. ISU game comes to mind where I dealt 2k damage without even being hurt

r4y #10 Posted Jan 22 2013 - 19:05

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postjdtherocker, on Jan 22 2013 - 19:00, said:

I have had games where I haven't taken any damage at all but dealt a great amount. ISU game comes to mind where I dealt 2k damage without even being hurt

I know, but that was because you fought well.  In MY case I'm not sure how I could have been more incompetent!

I wouldn't say that I'm too dumb to live, but I'm definitely too smart to have failed so badly and gotten away with it.

Edited by r4y, Jan 22 2013 - 19:10.

TenderBabyMeat #11 Posted Jan 22 2013 - 19:22

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Slightly off topic, but it needs to be said, and forgive me if I sound a bit harsh, but....

That was probably one of the more painful replays I've watched in a while. Seriously dude, pay attention to the terrain, you know what that tank can handle and what it can't. You spent 90% of the match driving needlessly over the steps and shoving a Matilda up a hill when HE shouldn't have been going that way in the first place due to the mobility issues of his tank. Couple that with the Stug that hid at the cap, and right off the bat there is a 5th of the team that was basically useless for a majority of the match. You fired 3 shots, and missed one of those almost from point blank range. You spent so much time needlessly traversing bad terrain that you weren't even able to contribute anything to the cap, and all told I can't imagine you did more than 250hp worth of damage whilst in a TD in a tier 6 matchup. Your only claim to fame was where you happened to be sitting in the right spot when an enemy player took a horrible shot.

Again, I know I might be sounding harsh, but I truly am only offering this as constructive criticism.

I acknowledge that you admitted this wasn't your finest game, but truly, watch the replay again yourself. Make mental notes of what happens. And never do them again.

r4y #12 Posted Jan 22 2013 - 19:48

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostTenderBabyMeat, on Jan 22 2013 - 19:22, said:

Slightly off topic, but it needs to be said, and forgive me if I sound a bit harsh, but....

That was probably one of the more painful replays I've watched in a while. Seriously dude, pay attention to the terrain, you know what that tank can handle and what it can't. You spent 90% of the match driving needlessly over the steps and shoving a Matilda up a hill when HE shouldn't have been going that way in the first place due to the mobility issues of his tank. Couple that with the Stug that hid at the cap, and right off the bat there is a 5th of the team that was basically useless for a majority of the match. You fired 3 shots, and missed one of those almost from point blank range. You spent so much time needlessly traversing bad terrain that you weren't even able to contribute anything to the cap, and all told I can't imagine you did more than 250hp worth of damage whilst in a TD in a tier 6 matchup. Your only claim to fame was where you happened to be sitting in the right spot when an enemy player took a horrible shot.

Again, I know I might be sounding harsh, but I truly am only offering this as constructive criticism.

I acknowledge that you admitted this wasn't your finest game, but truly, watch the replay again yourself. Make mental notes of what happens. And never do them again.

You missed the point of this thread.  I noticed all of that and more, but in hindsight I can only laugh at my own failure; this is NOT my best game by any means.

All I was pointing out was that even a total failure can be turned into success by one bad shot from your (or your opponent's) arty.  Besides, that was the first time I've ever tried driving my Hetzer the long-way around on that map, so it took some getting used to the terrain since I usually take the high road.

Edited by r4y, Jan 22 2013 - 19:49.

googliamoog #13 Posted Jan 22 2013 - 19:53

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
i got my lucky medal from an arty who was low on hp, and shot me while i was right next to him.  i lived, and his splash damage was enough to kill himself.  it was kind of awesome.

r4y #14 Posted Jan 22 2013 - 23:12

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postgoogliamoog, on Jan 22 2013 - 19:53, said:

i got my lucky medal from an arty who was low on hp, and shot me while i was right next to him.  i lived, and his splash damage was enough to kill himself.  it was kind of awesome.

I've had yet to see ANYONE kill themselves with their own splash damage.