i think i finally kicked the tanks habit

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

hardicon #1 Posted Jan 22 2013 - 19:27

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 30862 battles
  • [FEL0N] FEL0N
its been three weeks since i last played a game of world of tanks.  the first week was really bad, i really wanted to play a few battles and nearly logged in on several occasions.  the second week was not too bad, only had a couple of times that i wanted to play with some friends.  the third week however tanks wasnt even a blip on the radar, didnt care, so now i finally might be over the world of tanks habit.  sad thing is with this newfound freedom I actually wouldnt mind playing a game or two but dont want to fall of the tank so to speak.

worst part about this is I actually really love the game, i think its a very good game that bridges the gap between simulation and arcade and makes it fun to drive a tank around.  unfortunately it is also full of brain dead morons that ruin the gameplay completely for me.  please wg give me solo mode.

we need to start a support group for people looking to kick the habit, hmm wg might not like that.  i guess for now ill just forum pvp since I can do that solo without idiots on my team.

LESTAT_SiK #2 Posted Jan 22 2013 - 19:28

Captain

• Players
  • 33617 battles
That's where WG has you by the balls.......you're still posting about it.......uh huh, you will be tanking soon and there ain't no patch for that!

Radix4257 #3 Posted Jan 22 2013 - 19:29

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 17827 battles
  • [XERO] XERO
And there is a point to this where.........

Nithydux #4 Posted Jan 22 2013 - 19:30

Major

• Players
  • 9637 battles
  • [M00SE] M00SE
Now you have to get to the point where you stop posting.

Good luck.

Grimmy_Onland #5 Posted Jan 22 2013 - 19:30

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 27029 battles
Was like that for me too when I quit Eve online.

hardicon #6 Posted Jan 22 2013 - 19:31

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 30862 battles
  • [FEL0N] FEL0N

View PostRadix4257, on Jan 22 2013 - 19:29, said:

underneath your hat.

i thought this was world of tanks forums where good points werent allowed.

Bro_Nobodycares #7 Posted Jan 22 2013 - 19:35

Captain

• Players
  • 23602 battles
  • [XOXO] XOXO

View PostRadix4257, on Jan 22 2013 - 19:29, said:

HAVOK are known for bad poasting. LOL.

If you have to "quit", you're doing it wrong.   I was very busy late 2012 and did  not play for a month, not a biggie.  I actually played a castle MMO, good but not engaging.  So once my busy month went by, I've played a few games and look at me, 1000 games later I think I've become even better.  Thanks to a long break.

DUKE_AUTY #8 Posted Jan 22 2013 - 19:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19655 battles
Is there a WoT rehab out there?

hardicon #9 Posted Jan 22 2013 - 19:35

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 30862 battles
  • [FEL0N] FEL0N
bah dont know if ill ever quit posting, will probably never quit playing either.  eventually I know ill log back in and play some although my last seven games were a real pain.  what made me put it down, losing seven games in a row where we doubled the other teams kills but lost to a capper while having at least three tanks within spitting distance of our base that wouldnt go back to stop cap.  one guy was even on the base cap circle and ran away from the light or medium that was capping in two of the battles.  let me tell you right there, that string of bad luck will make you want to punch small puppies.

rtp099 #10 Posted Jan 22 2013 - 19:36

Major

• Players
  • 6966 battles
  • [STAND] STAND

View PostNithydux, on Jan 22 2013 - 19:30, said:

Now you have to get to the point where you stop posting.

Good luck.

At least posting on the forums doesn't involve actually playing the game and being tempted to spend money on it!    :Smile_veryhappy:

rednotdead #11 Posted Jan 22 2013 - 19:40

Corporal

• Players
  • 11909 battles
  • [MUP] MUP
I find that if I keep my grind to a daily cap on XP (perhaps 2-5 thousand) per day, I can keep my amount of play time down. Also, deciding not grind anything helps: keeps that addictive element of the game in check. But I've also "relapsed" a few times in the last couple years and binged on the game quite a bit at the expense of important things in life.

EJVH3 #12 Posted Jan 22 2013 - 19:41

Major

• Players
  • 9531 battles
  • [IOC_5] IOC_5

View Posthardicon, on Jan 22 2013 - 19:35, said:

bah dont know if ill ever quit posting, will probably never quit playing either.  eventually I know ill log back in and play some although my last seven games were a real pain.  what made me put it down, losing seven games in a row where we doubled the other teams kills but lost to a capper while having at least three tanks within spitting distance of our base that wouldnt go back to stop cap.  one guy was even on the base cap circle and ran away from the light or medium that was capping in two of the battles.  let me tell you right there, that string of bad luck will make you want to punch small puppies.

After Company of Heroes Online went offline I tried going back to the vanila version of the game and then decided I was folding it up after 3 long years of dedicated play. I continued to read and sometimes post in their forums on and of for about a month or so. It was sort of like using nicotine tablets to quit smoking. The key for me then was to unistall the game. I knew it was a hour to reinstall the game and that in itself helped me to not play again. The 6 months after that was great because I never picked up another game, spent more time with the family and real life hobbies. Then winter set in and this game. I am back to needing gamers ananomus. Good luck!

bears5150 #13 Posted Jan 22 2013 - 19:42

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24217 battles
  • [MB] MB
if someone finds a way to quit the game please let me know. I have a buddy who has unistalled the game at least 7 times... lol I love the game if i get frustrated i take a small break. then I start to miss it.

KnightFandragon #14 Posted Jan 22 2013 - 19:44

Major

• Players
  • 4603 battles
WoT would be absolutely boss if WG would make a series of Cooperative missions, semi-historical, made up battles...this game would be cool vs AI, you get your team and go in against a mass army of AI tanks with objectives like capturing a series of bases, or holding a position....you know, all the typical mission objectives.  I mean, WG says that they wont make AI because it is to predictable and isnt any challenge and what not.  Well, really, the way I see it, the playerbase is just aas clueless, if not MORE clueless then the AI.  Atleast AI will attack and defend a position, the AI would fire back...atleast vs AI the game would always be being played.

The best rehab for WoT is realize how stupid the playerbase is, how irritating it is to play with such imcompetence and the game will become irritating and you will find it almost painful to log in and put yourself in the position to be raped by the absurd lvl of stupid in WoT...It hurts my eyes to even look at the game.  posting is still amusing, atleast here someones dumb post isnt affecting me any, and its actually sometimes kinda funny.

Edited by KnightFandragon, Jan 22 2013 - 19:47.

hardicon #15 Posted Jan 22 2013 - 19:45

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 30862 battles
  • [FEL0N] FEL0N

View PostEJVH3, on Jan 22 2013 - 19:41, said:

After Company of Heroes Online went offline I tried going back to the vanila version of the game and then decided I was folding it up after 3 long years of dedicated play. I continued to read and sometimes post in their forums on and of for about a month or so. It was sort of like using nicotine tablets to quit smoking. The key for me then was to unistall the game. I knew it was a hour to reinstall the game and that in itself helped me to not play again. The 6 months after that was great because I never picked up another game, spent more time with the family and real life hobbies. Then winter set in and this game. I am back to needing gamers ananomus. Good luck!

gamers anonymous, to hell with that, why quit playing games completely.  me and some buds from here just went back to playing asherons call, old school fantasy mmo.  been having a blast playing it.  just kind of weird to me to not be playing a game that i really enjoy and wg didnt steal my lunchmoney or nothing evil like that.  im still hoping that one day the pub players wont suck so bad and we can have good competitive games again.

hardicon #16 Posted Jan 22 2013 - 19:47

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 30862 battles
  • [FEL0N] FEL0N

View PostKnightFandragon, on Jan 22 2013 - 19:44, said:

WoT would be absolutely boss if WG would make a series of Cooperative missions, semi-historical, made up battles...this game would be cool vs AI, you get your team and go in against a mass army of AI tanks with objectives like capturing a series of bases, or holding a position....you know, all the typical mission objectives.  I mean, WG says that they wont make AI because it is to predictable and isnt any challenge and what not.  Well, really, the way I see it, the playerbase is just aas clueless, if not MORE clueless then the AI.  Atleast AI will attack and defend a position, the AI would fire back...atleast vs AI the game would always be being played.

yep would probably still play 5 or 6 hours a day if I could take a break from pub battles and do something solo.  I agree also on the fact that good AI is probably better than half our players.

bears5150 #17 Posted Jan 22 2013 - 19:47

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24217 battles
  • [MB] MB

View PostKnightFandragon, on Jan 22 2013 - 19:44, said:

The best rehab for WoT is realize how stupid the playerbase is, how irritating it is to play with such imcompetence and the game will become irritating and you will find it almost painful to log in and put yourself in the position to be raped by the absurd lvl of stupid in WoT...It hurts my eyes to even look at the game.  posting is still amusing, atleast here someones dumb post isnt affecting me any, and its actually sometimes kinda funny.
wow what a great idea I'm sure this would keep more players interested

wril #18 Posted Jan 22 2013 - 19:47

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20124 battles
  • [RUS] RUS

you have one life why limit yourself

Jagdfan #19 Posted Jan 22 2013 - 19:48

Major

• Players
  • 13951 battles
  • [SM0KE] SM0KE

View Posthardicon, on Jan 22 2013 - 19:31, said:

underneath your hat.

i thought this was world of tanks forums where good points werent allowed.

LOL!

jdude8 #20 Posted Jan 22 2013 - 19:57

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15831 battles
  • [CHAI] CHAI
I stopped playing for like two months...Didn't feel the need to play the game after first week.. however the other games tend to last  way shorter than WoT so after I beat them I still came back...

other companies,  WHY U NOT MAKE GAMES THAT CAN LAST FOR A WHILE.