Matchmaker Suggestion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

Blue4Golf #1 Posted Jan 23 2013 - 18:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 12522 battles
  • [BLAM] BLAM
If you bracket the tiers to two tiers per bracket it will be a lot less frustrating on players and should have no real impact on que times. For instance

1st Bracket - Tier 1 & Tier 2

2nd Bracket- Tier 3 & Tier 4

3rd Bracket- Tier 5 & Tier 6

4th Bracket- Tier 7 & Tier 8

5th Bracket- Tier 9 & Tier 10

Scouts- Tier 4 and Tier 5 go to 4th Bracket, Tier 6 and up go to 5th Bracket.
Tiers 1,2,3 would stay with there level tanks to learn game play and role responsibility of scouts.

Arty- Tier 2 & 3 go to 2nd bracket, tier 4 goes to 3rd bracket, tiers 5 & 6 go to fourth bracket and of course tiers 7 & 8 go into 5th bracket.

Platoons- Of course we have mentally challenged and sometimes just flat out a**holes who will bring an m3 stuart in with a maus. i think they should input a code so that if your tanks arent in the same bracket as the platoon leader then you shouldnt be allowed in the match. Complain all you want it can be done. This Bracket is much more effective and efficient than what happens now in matchmaker. How is my cromwell suppose to damage a Maus?  How is my T2 LT suppose to damage a stug? Wargaming you do a great job most of the time but instead of tweaking your game to perfection you'd rather insist on continually throwing more tanks in and making the matchmaker even more ludicrous.

It is what it is this is just my suggestion on how to help out.

CloakRogue #2 Posted Jan 23 2013 - 18:05

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5436 battles
  • [ARMDA] ARMDA
I think Matchmaker is fine as it is.

Mancu #3 Posted Jan 23 2013 - 18:11

Captain

• Players
  • 16988 battles
  • [NUGGS] NUGGS
Matchmaker is fine now. There isn't any need for a reduced spread.

scout_in_da_house #4 Posted Jan 23 2013 - 18:13

Major

• Players
  • 26329 battles
  • [IOC] IOC
MM works just fine, if there's any complaints it's because of the arty-whiners.
WG is working on a solution as stated by Serb.

Blue4Golf #5 Posted Jan 23 2013 - 18:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 12522 battles
  • [BLAM] BLAM
Like I said just my suggestion. I still feel the platoon spread should be addressed.

virtualgib #6 Posted Jan 23 2013 - 18:23

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21899 battles

View PostBlue4Golf, on Jan 23 2013 - 18:04, said:

If you bracket the tiers to two tiers per bracket it will be a lot less frustrating on players and should have no real impact on que times. For instance

1st Bracket - Tier 1 & Tier 2

2nd Bracket- Tier 3 & Tier 4

3rd Bracket- Tier 5 & Tier 6

4th Bracket- Tier 7 & Tier 8

5th Bracket- Tier 9 & Tier 10

Scouts- Tier 4 and Tier 5 go to 4th Bracket, Tier 6 and up go to 5th Bracket.
Tiers 1,2,3 would stay with there level tanks to learn game play and role responsibility of scouts.

Arty- Tier 2 & 3 go to 2nd bracket, tier 4 goes to 3rd bracket, tiers 5 & 6 go to fourth bracket and of course tiers 7 & 8 go into 5th bracket.

Platoons- Of course we have mentally challenged and sometimes just flat out a**holes who will bring an m3 stuart in with a maus. i think they should input a code so that if your tanks arent in the same bracket as the platoon leader then you shouldnt be allowed in the match. Complain all you want it can be done. This Bracket is much more effective and efficient than what happens now in matchmaker. How is my cromwell suppose to damage a Maus?  How is my T2 LT suppose to damage a stug? Wargaming you do a great job most of the time but instead of tweaking your game to perfection you'd rather insist on continually throwing more tanks in and making the matchmaker even more ludicrous.

It is what it is this is just my suggestion on how to help out.

The problem I see with your idea is tiers 1,3,5,7,9 will never have a chance of being top tier in a battle.

Also, unless you improperly platoon, your Cromwell should never see a Maus in battle.

Edited by virtualgib, Jan 23 2013 - 18:28.

BattlecryGWJ #7 Posted Jan 23 2013 - 18:24

Major

• Players
  • 25467 battles
  • [RSRDD] RSRDD
If you make one tier always be matched as a bottom tier, you're likely to get more complaints about the match-making than you get now.

Personally, I don't think you'll ever eliminate match-maker based complaints.
  • If you tighten the tiering as you've suggested, people will complain about being bottom tier.
  • If you tighten tiering to only playing tanks of the same tier people will complain about the different classes of tanks (arty can hit me from anywhere, you can't pen heavies, mediums are too maneuverable, lights are too fast, TD's have too much fire power).
You can't make all the people happy all the time.  As it is the match maker is pretty well balanced as far as the vehicle match ups go.  There is always a role you can fulfill for your team and there is invariably someone on the opposite team you can damage (even if its just the opposing scout or arty).

Edit: As far as platooning goes, yes, when someone in the platoon selects a tank other platoon members should not be able to select any tanks that do not have the same battle tiering.  If your platoon can't organize based on that then you can always drop your platoon.

Edited by BattlecryGWJ, Jan 23 2013 - 18:27.

Dogsoldier6 #8 Posted Jan 23 2013 - 18:38

Captain

• Players
  • 31625 battles
  • [GBEAR] GBEAR
(1) Unless you are in a bad platoon the Cromwell never faces the Maus, highest you can face in it is a tier 8.

(2) You should have been around when MM was +/-3 then, when you were bottom tier, you were just a target.

(3) Your system guarantees that half the tiers will always be at the bottom of the list, short of scouts and arty at this time. That would be a total fail.

(4) At present the bottom tier tanks CAN easily contribute to the battle, if they are smart in their game play.

(5) Having lived through the +/-3 MM I find the present MM to be working just fine. Tho I admit some tier tweeks to prevent some imbalance in tiering is still needed.
(Note: I mean like a battle with three tier 3s at the bottom on one side and no tier 3s on the other side, as an example of a tweek needed to be looked at.)

Sorry to say this but if you cannot figure out how to contribute to a battle when you are low tier in a pub match you do need to learn to become a better driver. Just last night I started as low tier in a match, finished with four kills (Highest on the team) and finished second in exp earned on the team. Yes it is harder to pull off, but then I like a challenge.