Option to use free xp earned in battle toward crew training

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

Muttly #1 Posted Jan 23 2013 - 18:12

Captain

• Players
  • 32843 battles
  • [TF] TF
The idea is to take the 5% free experience earned per battle and have an option to apply it to the crew on that tank instead of it going to the free experience bank.

This option would be similar to the accelerated crew training option and could be turned on or off.
The option would only be available after a tank is elite.

Other requirements could be implemented such as:
Requiring a certain number of battles be played in the tank before the option is unlocked or requiring the commander to have Mentor fully researched on the commander of the crew to unlock the option.
A combination of these two requirements could also be implemented. Having either the certain number of battles required or Mentor perk gives the experience to just the lowest crew member, but having both the battles and mentor perk gives the experience to all the crew members.

alexsyl007 #2 Posted Jan 23 2013 - 18:17

Major

• Players
  • 17872 battles
That is why you have the 'accelerate crew training' option, you can't have both the cake and the pie........choose any one.

Muttly #3 Posted Jan 23 2013 - 18:21

Captain

• Players
  • 32843 battles
  • [TF] TF
I know about the accelerate crew training option. Read again and you will see I am talking about the 5% free xp earned in every battle. Not normal xp being converted.

hunteralex #4 Posted Jan 23 2013 - 18:25

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21508 battles
  • [RA_GE] RA_GE
it a nice idea, but i dont know if wg is going to put this option, 5% is 5% for the crew

warrends #5 Posted Jan 23 2013 - 18:33

Major

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 15526 battles
  • [SNRK] SNRK
I do like this idea. Sometimes for some tanks you don't care about that extra 5% going to the big pool of free XP, and you'd much rather just level up that specific crew a little more quickly.

Vird_Killer #6 Posted Jan 23 2013 - 18:39

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18413 battles
  • [SG] SG
They should just let you use converted xp on crews.  Accelerated training is worthless.

ErwinRommel85 #7 Posted Jan 23 2013 - 18:44

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24153 battles
  • [ACES] ACES
I don't think very many people would use this option.  Only those select few who have all the tanks they ever want and don't plan on researching any other lines.  I would rather see a option where the crew gets no xp and have 10% of it go to free XP.

Jmo79 #8 Posted Jan 23 2013 - 18:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9077 battles
  • [GUILE] GUILE

View Postalexsyl007, on Jan 23 2013 - 18:17, said:

That is why you have the 'accelerate crew training' option, you can't have both the cake and the pie........choose any one.
Please explain, if we are PAYING WG for both cake and pie, why we can't have both?  
If i pay them to convert stockpiled XP on my elite tanks, i want to be able to use that XP for all game mechanics that use XP, including crew advancement.

Edited by Jmo79, Jan 23 2013 - 18:53.

Muttly #9 Posted Jan 23 2013 - 18:58

Captain

• Players
  • 32843 battles
  • [TF] TF

View PostJmo79, on Jan 23 2013 - 18:52, said:

Please explain, if we are PAYING WG for both cake and pie, why we can't have both?  
If i pay them to convert stockpiled XP on my elite tanks, i want to be able to use that XP for all game mechanics that use XP, including crew advancement.
See I wasn't talking about free xp you converted, although I don't see why you shouldn't be able to out that on crews also. But what I am talking about is the 5% that automaticly goes to your free xp from each battle. If you look at the end battle results, next to where it shows the xp you earned, the is a smaller number with a gold star, that is the 5% free xp.

Edited by Muttly, Jan 23 2013 - 19:00.

SPOON13 #10 Posted Jan 23 2013 - 19:04

Sergeant

• Players
  • 35136 battles
  • [-TAP-] -TAP-
I wouldn't mind having the option.

fiddler54 #11 Posted Jan 23 2013 - 19:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33020 battles
  • [TDC-H] TDC-H
I don't think its worth the trouble.

Herr_Klug #12 Posted Jan 23 2013 - 19:14

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 31057 battles
I believe it's something they were looking into, but have yet to hear any further information about. So my guess is the answer is 'No'.

MilesCadre #13 Posted Jan 23 2013 - 19:23

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7972 battles
  • [RNSTR] RNSTR
the 5% xp earned per battle would be trivial in crew training. I mean, you'd have to play about 20 or so games jsut ot see a mark I believe.

So to be honest, I dont understand why youre complaining here, If you want to train crews up faster, throw em on a premium tank (I'm training my caern crew on a TOG II atm)

CdtWeasel #14 Posted Jan 23 2013 - 19:27

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13251 battles
  • [ARBOK] ARBOK
I suppose the option would be nice, but 5% isn't very much.  If it only goes to one tanker, it would take 20 battles to get an extra games worth of xp to 1 tanker.  Crew of 5? then it would take 100 battles for 1 extra rounds worth for each crew members.

Jmo79 #15 Posted Jan 23 2013 - 19:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9077 battles
  • [GUILE] GUILE

View PostMilesCadre, on Jan 23 2013 - 19:23, said:

the 5% xp earned per battle would be trivial in crew training. I mean, you'd have to play about 20 or so games jsut ot see a mark I believe.

So to be honest, I dont understand why youre complaining here, If you want to train crews up faster, throw em on a premium tank (I'm training my caern crew on a TOG II atm)
The 5% from one tank wouldn't make much difference.  But if you have 8 elite tanks, pooling all that free XP would make a HUGE difference if all of it was dumped into 1 crew.
While some people look at this and think "one crew shouldn't be able to benefit another", i look at it and say "if WG want my money to convert XP to free XP, they better let me use it for all XP related game mechanics, otherwise its not truly free XP".
And, yes, I primarily think of "free XP" as XP that i have paid to convert.  The 5% bonus is practically worthless.

MilesCadre #16 Posted Jan 23 2013 - 19:39

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7972 battles
  • [RNSTR] RNSTR

View PostJmo79, on Jan 23 2013 - 19:30, said:

The 5% from one tank wouldn't make much difference.  But if you have 8 elite tanks, pooling all that free XP would make a HUGE difference if all of it was dumped into 1 crew.
While some people look at this and think "one crew shouldn't be able to benefit another", i look at it and say "if WG want my money to convert XP to free XP, they better let me use it for all XP related game mechanics, otherwise its not truly free XP".
And, yes, I primarily think of "free XP" as XP that i have paid to convert.  The 5% bonus is practically worthless.
If that was what he was proposing, then I'm against it. Not only would it make no sense, but would jsut result in everyone having elite crews.

If he meant that when we check "Accelerate Crew Training" that it takes the free xp earned by that tank per match and puts it towards the crew, that wouldnt make a noticable impact.

Either way, Probably someone else who wants alot for as little work.

Muttly #17 Posted Jan 23 2013 - 20:20

Captain

• Players
  • 32843 battles
  • [TF] TF

View PostMilesCadre, on Jan 23 2013 - 19:23, said:

OK, throw them on a premium tank, good idea, I hadn't thought of that (sarcasm).Let us pretend there is a French Premium Medium for a second, now that premium tank still throws 5% into the free xp bank and my suggestion still stands...and I would still prefer to have it on my crew instead of in the free xp bank if I had the option.
If you add that 5% to what you already earned plus crew acceleration after a while it adds up. I have over 2,000 battles in my Batchat. Imagine if I had been able to use that 5% on the crew over 2k battles. Average xp being 515, call it 500 for easy math. 5% of 500 = 25 x 2,000 = 50,000
Now when you consider the 4th skill from 99%-100% takes over 200,000 experience having an extra 50,000 starts looking appealing, at least to me anyway.

As far as using converted xp from one tank to put on another tanks crew, I'm all for it, but I don't think WGing would do that. This is more of a middle ground area that they might consider which is why I am suggesting it.

And btw, I'm not complaining. This is the "suggestion" area, not the "complaint department".

MilesCadre #18 Posted Jan 24 2013 - 01:57

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7972 battles
  • [RNSTR] RNSTR

View PostMuttly, on Jan 23 2013 - 20:20, said:

OK, throw them on a premium tank, good idea, I hadn't thought of that (sarcasm).Let us pretend there is a French Premium Medium for a second, now that premium tank still throws 5% into the free xp bank and my suggestion still stands...and I would still prefer to have it on my crew instead of in the free xp bank if I had the option.
If you add that 5% to what you already earned plus crew acceleration after a while it adds up. I have over 2,000 battles in my Batchat. Imagine if I had been able to use that 5% on the crew over 2k battles. Average xp being 515, call it 500 for easy math. 5% of 500 = 25 x 2,000 = 50,000
Now when you consider the 4th skill from 99%-100% takes over 200,000 experience having an extra 50,000 starts looking appealing, at least to me anyway.

As far as using converted xp from one tank to put on another tanks crew, I'm all for it, but I don't think WGing would do that. This is more of a middle ground area that they might consider which is why I am suggesting it.

And btw, I'm not complaining. This is the "suggestion" area, not the "complaint department".

Sounds like youre complaining to me.

And no, there isnt a french medium. Use that gold that WG would charge you for converting free xp to crew xp and retrain them to, idk, a French Heavy. Grind em out on said french heavy and gold em back to a medium.

Or credits to convert em. Hell they keep their perks and you jsut have to retrain 10% of their base xp (which is nothing).

Theres plenty of options out there. So I'll stick with my prior comments.

Also, this definitely sounds like a complaint, not a suggestion. Especially since you've grown hostile with anyone who challenges you.

Vladamir_Inhaler #19 Posted Jan 24 2013 - 03:06

Captain

• Players
  • 21627 battles
  • [AC_DC] AC_DC
Yeah, I have a few tanks I will be keeping - along with their crews - and I'm not fussed with accumulating free xp (I do use it, but focus more on standard xp). On that basis I'd support the idea.

Muttly #20 Posted Jan 24 2013 - 13:22

Captain

• Players
  • 32843 battles
  • [TF] TF

View PostMilesCadre, on Jan 23 2013 - 19:39, said:

If that was what he was proposing, then I'm against it. Not only would it make no sense, but would jsut result in everyone having elite crews.

If he meant that when we check "Accelerate Crew Training" that it takes the free xp earned by that tank per match and puts it towards the crew, that wouldnt make a noticable impact.

Either way, Probably someone else who wants alot for as little work.

View PostMilesCadre, on Jan 24 2013 - 01:57, said:

Sounds like youre complaining to me.

And no, there isnt a french medium. Use that gold that WG would charge you for converting free xp to crew xp and retrain them to, idk, a French Heavy. Grind em out on said french heavy and gold em back to a medium.

Or credits to convert em. Hell they keep their perks and you jsut have to retrain 10% of their base xp (which is nothing).

Theres plenty of options out there. So I'll stick with my prior comments.

Also, this definitely sounds like a complaint, not a suggestion. Especially since you've grown hostile with anyone who challenges you.

Your first post you say you do not understand the suggestion. So I try to explain it better. I am sorry if you think that is hostile.
I underlined the part in your first post that is closest to what I suggested. I do find it a bit funny that right after you say "wouldn't have a noticeable impact" you then say I'm "someone else who wants alot for as little work". That to me seems a bit hostile. "I do not understand your suggestion so I must troll you."

You then come back in your second post, still not understanding the suggestion obviously, but decide to stick with your comments because I have "grown hostile".
The one comment I made that could be considered hostile up to this point was when I pointed out that this is the suggestion area not the complaint department.
If you do not like my suggestion you are welcome to that opinion. I do not see the need for your trolling thou, so you will excuse me if I get a bit sarcastic with my return comments.