Kay's Medal Change

Kays Medal

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

whyme943 #1 Posted Jan 23 2013 - 20:47

Corporal

• Players
  • 1966 battles
Pretty simple. In 8.3 the Kay's medal description says this: "Awarded for achieving the battle hero status in 4 classes". Well, That's the part I have a problem with, anyways. The new battle stats screen (which is awesome, BTW) Makes no indication that awards like "defender", "Steel Wall", and "top Gun" make you a battle hero, whereas the old stats screen had an entire tab for that. Thus, new players may be confused as to what being a "Battle Hero" is. If you could change the description to say "Battle achievements" (as the awards are listed on the wiki) and/or indicate that getting one of these awards gives you "Battle Hero" status, It would lead to less confusion among those who never saw/forgot the old stats screen. Basically, Change the description of Kay's medal or show people in some way how to get "Battle Hero" status.

Abject_McDeath #2 Posted Jan 23 2013 - 20:49

Major

• Players
  • 24000 battles
you pointed it out yourself.
Sniper
Top Gun
Defender
Steel wall

ect.

those adds up to the kay medal

Sharpshooter and what and master gunner do not.

and some Titles of Honor do. heres a link

http://worldoftanks....al/achievements

Abject_McDeath #3 Posted Jan 23 2013 - 20:55

Major

• Players
  • 24000 battles
Battle Hero Achievements
Commemorative Achievements(excluding patton valley)
Epic Achievements

and
Raider
Kamikaze
Bombardier

adds up for the Kay Medal

3BAC #4 Posted Jan 23 2013 - 21:40

Major

• Wiki Staff
  • 41984 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View Postwhyme943, on Jan 23 2013 - 20:47, said:

Pretty simple. In 8.3 the Kay's medal description says this: "Awarded for achieving the battle hero status in 4 classes". Well, That's the part I have a problem with, anyways. The new battle stats screen (which is awesome, BTW) Makes no indication that awards like "defender", "Steel Wall", and "top Gun" make you a battle hero, whereas the old stats screen had an entire tab for that. Thus, new players may be confused as to what being a "Battle Hero" is. If you could change the description to say "Battle achievements" (as the awards are listed on the wiki) and/or indicate that getting one of these awards gives you "Battle Hero" status, It would lead to less confusion among those who never saw/forgot the old stats screen. Basically, Change the description of Kay's medal or show people in some way how to get "Battle Hero" status.

What you suggest would make it more confusing.
In the game guide, on the page for Achievements, each class of achievement is broken out (see below for simple list from that page).  Note the first of the classes is "Battle Hero Achievements."  In other words, these achievements are the only ones that apply to Kay's Medal.  If they changed it to just "Battle Achievements," as you suggest, it would imply that every thing on that page applies to Kay's Medal, which is simpy not the case.

Battle Hero Achievements: Top Gun, Defender, Invader, Steel wall, Sniper, Confederate, Scout, Patrol Duty, Brothers in Arms, and Crucial Contribution.

Commemorative Achievements: Cool-Headed, Lucky, Patton Valley, Ranger, and Spartan.

Epic Achievements:  Boelter's Medal (is not being granted since 8.0 update), Radley Walter's Medal, Pool's Medal, Orlik's Medal, Tamada Yoshio's Medal, Lehväslaiho's Medal, Oskin's Medal, Nicols's Medal, Kolobanov's Medal, Halonen's Medal, Fadin's Medal, Pascucci's Medal, Dumitru's Medal, Burda's Medal, Billotte's Medal, Bruno's Medal, Tarczay's Medal,  Raseiniai Heroes Medal, and DeLanglande's Medal

Step Achievements: Abrams' Medal (IV–I class), Ekins' Medal (IV–I class), Carius' Medal (IV–I class), Knispel's Medal (IV–I class), Popel's Medal (IV–I class), Leclerc's Medal (IV–I class), Lavrinenko's Medal (IV–I class), and Kay's Medal (IV–I class).

Titles of Honor: Hunter, Sharpshooter, Raider, Mouse Trap, Survivor, Kamikaze, Reaper, Master Gunner, Invincible, The Lion of Sinai, Bombardier, Technical Engineer by Nation, Senior Technical Engineer, Tank Expert by Nation, and Master Tanker.

whyme943 #5 Posted Jan 23 2013 - 23:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 1966 battles

View Post3BAC, on Jan 23 2013 - 21:40, said:

What you suggest would make it more confusing.
In the game guide, on the page for Achievements, each class of achievement is broken out (see below for simple list from that page).  Note the first of the classes is "Battle Hero Achievements."  In other words, these achievements are the only ones that apply to Kay's Medal.  If they changed it to just "Battle Achievements," as you suggest, it would imply that every thing on that page applies to Kay's Medal, which is simpy not the case.

Not everyone reads the game guide (including myself- Sorry). And calling it "Battle Achievements" was just an Idea. In reality I would prefer if they had a list of battle hero achievements/ achievements that add up to Kay's medal/ said on your service record when you mouse over battle hero achievements that they're battle hero achievements. I don't really care if they change the name, just make the info easily acessible in-game.