No Sleep Till Brooklyn Rumble

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
558 replies to this topic

Cinnibar #501 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 02:45

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20505 battles

View Postlord_farquad, on Feb 03 2013 - 23:10, said:

Because if there were enough draws, the semi-finals could have easily lasted until after 2:00 PM PST, not leaving us enough time to finish anything.

Obviously if both team captains agree to reschedule, we can do that, provided we have sufficient lead time. We do however need confirmation from both of them that they are good with a specific rescheduling.

We tried to contact you, but you weren't online when we completed the semifinals. We had three hours before "The big game", and both teams just wanted to get the finals underway.

Furthermore, it is painfully apparent that if something had been amiss in the semifinals, no WGA was present and available to resolve it in a timely manner.

...and it looks like the Superbowl is running long (power failure in N.O.), so as predicted, we're gonna have issues because a bunch of players are going to have to choose between watching the big game and playing.

Really.  The frustration level is at an all time high here.

WiseBeastt #502 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 02:56

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 27120 battles
Represent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Nice job guys

lord_farquad #503 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 03:36

Private

• Players
  • 15385 battles

View PostCinnibar, on Feb 04 2013 - 02:45, said:

We tried to contact you, but you weren't online when we completed the semifinals. We had three hours before "The big game", and both teams just wanted to get the finals underway.

Furthermore, it is painfully apparent that if something had been amiss in the semifinals, no WGA was present and available to resolve it in a timely manner.

...and it looks like the Superbowl is running long (power failure in N.O.), so as predicted, we're gonna have issues because a bunch of players are going to have to choose between watching the big game and playing.

As mentioned previously, neither of the team captains contacted me. There is a PM system for precisely that reason, if they agree to postpone it, I will do so, but I have to hear from the captains.

BulkyBeerBelly #504 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 03:38

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 46199 battles

View PostCinnibar, on Feb 04 2013 - 02:45, said:

Furthermore, it is painfully apparent that if something had been amiss in the semifinals, no WGA was present and available to resolve it in a timely manner...and it looks like the Superbowl is running long (power failure in N.O.), so as predicted, we're gonna have issues because a bunch of players are going to have to choose between watching the big game and playing.

Congrats and hats off to the all 4 semi-finalists (great job as usual ANVIL) and to War/Volt for going to the final.   Now to Cinnabar's point, the 49ers just scored twice (make that 3 times since half) and boring bowl just got better.  And I predicted that the game would last PAST 10pm EST (9:30EST as I post).  I honestly take whatever WG says...and assume the EXACT OPPOSITE!  See my prophecy below...lol.

Jinx said "the finals do not overlap the Super Bowl (we made sure of that)," My response = lol you made sure huh?...Super Bowl will last until 10:00 EST and will go longer if there is Overtime, severe injuries, weather (okay my bad, it was in a dome but power issues count as weather right?), excessive passing or replays, etc.

Edited by tiggerwof, Feb 04 2013 - 03:44.

PissedoffBoris #505 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 03:43

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16716 battles
omg really...  there was no way wargaming could have forseen what occured at the super bowl

so please quit the conspiracy crying.  ffs a power outage is out of anyones control.   and big freaking deal  your whining about overlapping the super bowl yet your posting here while it's on

LOL so ironic....  love the logic it amazes me..........

"OMG  I gotta whine about chosing between the toruney or the super bowl, yet ill sit on here and post while it's on"

BulkyBeerBelly #506 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 03:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 46199 battles

View PostxThecanadianx, on Feb 04 2013 - 03:43, said:

omg really...  there was no way wargaming could have forseen what occured at the super bowl

so please quit the conspiracy crying.  ffs a power outage is out of anyones control.   and big freaking deal  your whining about overlapping the super bowl yet your posting here while it's on

LOL so ironic....  love the logic it amazes me..........

"OMG  I gotta whine about chosing between the toruney or the super bowl, yet ill sit on here and post while it's on"

Oh man, another 45% baddie defending WG.  I wish there was a 48% minimum win rate rule for people to post.  

Let me spell it out (insert quality of player insult here).  Its not a conspiracy, it is called using logic, proper planning skills, and a simple understanding of football.  If you reread my list, overtime is now a possibility plus all the other reasons I mentioned.  I came here to post as I'm watching the Super Bowl because I am a prophet/genius...since you lack the mental capacity to understand that, move on.  I never intended to play tanks today but I still thought it was quite comical that my prediction came true.  Plus, I support Cinnibar's reasoning and comments.  Do you need me to explain it at a 2nd grade level?

SystemRename3894 #507 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 04:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 32779 battles
WGA... When is third place battle popping?!

Cinnibar #508 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 04:04

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20505 battles

View Postlord_farquad, on Feb 04 2013 - 03:36, said:

As mentioned previously, neither of the team captains contacted me. There is a PM system for precisely that reason, if they agree to postpone it, I will do so, but I have to hear from the captains.

We attempted to contact you, and several other WG members..  I sent you a PM at 3:25PM EST letting you know we were looking for you.  Patreal was able to contact other WG personnel, but you were offline.  You responded to my PM over an hour later (4:35PM EST).  You were offline while we were trying to schedule immediately after the semifinals.  If there HAD been an issue with draws during the semifinals, you were not available.

We made a commitment to this game in terms of time and financial consideration.  I'm fairly sure all of our guys are spending money on premium accounts, tanks, and gold on a regular basis.  If you're going to run events, YOU need to make a commitment to US, the customers, to provide support in a timely manner.  Specifically, if you're in charge of tourneys, you need to be ONLINE when the tourneys are running.

I'm not calling you names or screaming in obscenities, I'm just stating basic facts and basic expectations from us as a community, at least from my perspective.

XXXTentacigone #509 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 04:04

Captain

• Players
  • 52635 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
Maybe you could have just ran the battle at the time you put in to avoid this mess?

I show up and look like an idiot waiting for the match. why should I have to contact you when I dont have an issue in the first place

Cinnibar #510 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 04:05

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20505 battles

View PostxThecanadianx, on Feb 04 2013 - 03:43, said:

The Superbowl is scheduled in a specific timeslot, however the Superbowl has consistantly run over it's scheduled timeslot for the past ten years.  Even without the 35 minute power outage, today's game would have ended well after the 10PM EST scheduled start of the finals.  This was pointed out several days in advance, and WG did not adjust the schedule.

KilgorSoS #511 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 04:08

Major

• Players
  • 26602 battles
3pm EST the final 4 start the matches. Even if they went 5 full battles, this entire event WOULD have been finished with 1 1/2 hours to spare before the superbowl, so why didn't it?

Either way we have yet to hear a peep from WG, and we sit waiting for any news....sad.

Congrats to VOLT, you bested us, and earned the wins...well played.

It would be nice to finish this event on a good note, but....

ANVIL we will see ya when we see ya, Good luck!

BulkyBeerBelly #512 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 04:08

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 46199 battles

View PostCinnibar, on Feb 04 2013 - 04:05, said:

The Superbowl is scheduled in a specific timeslot, however the Superbowl has consistantly run over it's scheduled timeslot for the past ten years.  Even without the 35 minute power outage, the game would have ended well after the 10PM EST scheduled start of the finals.  This was pointed out several days in advance, and WG did not adjust the schedule.

But Cinnibar, Devs/mods are watching the Big game...ah man, 49ers just missed 2 point conversion which would have made my Overtime statement closer to a real possibility.

Cinnibar #513 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 04:09

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20505 battles
Fortunately, it appears both WAR and Volt have fielded full teams, despite the pants-on-head scheduling.  I'm actually an alternate right now, we had extras.

Sounds like the Third Place battle didn't pop as expected?  Even though there's a clear difference between 3rd and 4th in payout?

Edited by Cinnibar, Feb 04 2013 - 04:12.

KilgorSoS #514 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 04:14

Major

• Players
  • 26602 battles
Thank you, Lord...

And to all, WG, (Lord Farquad) met with us and ANVIL and has taken care of the situation..

Faith restored

XXXTentacigone #515 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 04:15

Captain

• Players
  • 52635 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
Good, my jimmies were getting slightly russled lol

PissedoffBoris #516 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 04:16

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16716 battles

View Posttiggerwof, on Feb 04 2013 - 03:58, said:

Oh man, another 45% baddie defending WG.  I wish there was a 48% minimum win rate rule for people to post.  

Let me spell it out (insert quality of player insult here).  Its not a conspiracy, it is called using logic, proper planning skills, and a simple understanding of football.  If you reread my list, overtime is now a possibility plus all the other reasons I mentioned.  I came here to post as I'm watching the Super Bowl because I am a prophet/genius...since you lack the mental capacity to understand that, move on.  I never intended to play tanks today but I still thought it was quite comical that my prediction came true.  Plus, I support Cinnibar's reasoning and comments.  Do you need me to explain it at a 2nd grade level?

mad bro?

actually i do understand football, however  ive never seen the occurence up here of power outages halting the game.

Pine_Sol_2000 #517 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 04:17

Sergeant

• Players
  • 48243 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
I want to say a big GG to VOLT. You guys have been nothing but great sportsman. Guys actually pm'd before the game saying good luck. Great games. Much fun for our guys. Hope to see you guys around.

3per #518 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 04:21

Captain

• Players
  • 13040 battles
o7 W-A-R.  Congrats on the win!

Edited by LT_Orion, Feb 04 2013 - 04:26.

Revelat0r #519 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 04:23

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 9833 battles

View Postpatreal2000, on Feb 04 2013 - 04:17, said:

I want to say a big GG to VOLT. You guys have been nothing but great sportsman. Guys actually pm'd before the game saying good luck. Great games. Much fun for our guys. Hope to see you guys around.

I second that, great games guys!

_Ozz #520 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 04:23

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 50331 battles
  • [-CL-] -CL-
GG Volt!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users