Reset settings on launch?

reset settings launch

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

Mettie7 #1 Posted Jan 30 2013 - 01:40

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
At least once or twice a month, when I go to start up WoT, it resets to it's default settings.
Spoiler                     
The most obvious change is that it's not full screen, but it also resets all my graphics, volume, crosshair, etc. settings as well.
Is this a common occurrence we're supposed to deal with or is there a way to fix this?

Consumption #2 Posted Jan 30 2013 - 02:10

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Have you tried to re-install the game? If you have done that then I don't know what to tell you.

quangkieu #3 Posted Jan 30 2013 - 02:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
There are possible problem that caused this:
1st: The antivirus could delete the setting file because the file has weird code or nearly the same as a virus file
2nd: If you use some program to clean up junk files in computer, it could see the setting file as a trash and clean it. Because some programs I know, they save setting file as *.temp file
3rd: Hard drive has some bad sector right at the setting file so windows cannot read it.
4th: Like I said, some programs save file as *.temp and most of them store in temp folder in "Windows" folder and it have the same name as the setting file of other program.
To fix:
1st: try to run your antivirus to see if it reset your setting again. If yes, change antivirus program or exclude setting file from being checked by antivirus
2nd: the same as the 1st.
3rd: run some program to check bad sector. Windows already has it, you can Google it. The program will mark that sector on hard drive and skip it, you run WOT again and do the setting. But when there are bad sectors, your hard drive nearly end of its life, could be 6 months to 2 or 3 years (depend on how much you use that hard drive)
4th: if this happen, just store the setting file as back up, when you run other program, replace the temp file of other program with this back up file.

From what I know, the no. #4 won't happen with WOT because it saves file in its root folder. Sorry for my bad English

Edited by quangkieu, Jan 30 2013 - 02:35.