Unofficial F.A.Q. *Please read before posting*

What a load of FAQ

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

Mick666 #1 Posted Jan 30 2013 - 09:27

Sergeant

• Players
  • 48 battles
Proof that I have WAY too much time on my hands.
TexWalker volunteered to have his name used in this thread.
And if you think of an ordering or category system, I’d love to hear it, as well as any more common questions to add to the game. And if there’s a mistake or a typo, please tell me.
Using control + F to search for your questions probably a good idea.
I've tried to display as few opinions as possible, if I have and fact is available (Or, Wargaming's opinion), inform me and I'll change it.

Table of Contents:

1.  Common Questions. (These are the most often asked questions. They aren’t ordered.)

2.  Future Content and suggestions. (Questions relating to upcoming content like and proposed content)

3.  Gameplay. (These are questions that directly relate to gameplay. It includes anything that is a literal part of the game, including matchmaking, balance, tank questions and game mechanics, among other things.

4.  User interface and the Client. (Anything directly relating to the interface and the client. This means invites, platoons and commands).

5.  Mods. (Anything about mods, how to install them, what the more common ones are, and any rules relating to them.)

6.  Rules. (Rule based questions. This means forum rules and in game rules as well.)

7.  The Forums. (Any questions relating to the forums).

8. Moderation. (Questions relating to the moderation of the forums and ingame.)

9.  Misc. (Unsorted questions that don’t fit into anywhere else, like stuff about clans.)

Common Questions:
  • When will 8.10 be released, and what will it contain?
    8.10 will contain the Japanese line, among other things, and should hit in the early days of December.
  • Why is my account banned?
    Whatever the reason for your account ban, discussing or appealing it on these forums will not help you. You need to take it to support, where you can appeal it.
  • Can I transfer back to NA?
    There are no transfers for anyone back to any server. If you want to go back, you'll either need to start again or wait for the paid transfers. To my knowledge, there have been no accounts transferred to another server, from any server. (This question was intentionally left behind despite being on the NA server. Be warned if you wish to transfer!)
  • Which tank is the best?
    There is no best tank. Each has their own weaknesses and strengths. Find out what you enjoy playing in, and find out what tank suits your play style. Often, the best tank is the one you enjoying driving the most.
  • Will the Type 59 be added into the gift store?
    It is unlikely to be re-released into the gift store, ever again.
    The Devs are considering a new T8 Chinese premium they will add to the game that will mean they will not have to sell the Type again. {SS}
    However, Tanitha (On the ASIA forums) has stated that it will still be given away in competitions. A T8 replacement will be added into the game (not replacing the Type, you'll still have it) to fill the gap. {SS}
  • Can I use red text or swear in these forums?
    No, red text is reserved for mods only, and swearing will get you in trouble with the mods (how much depends how much you swore).
    Also, naming and shaming of Teamkillers, blockers, AFKs, bots, people who revealed your position, bad player and anyone that has done something in any way negative in game, is not allowed on these forums.
  • How do I get one of those updating signatures with my stats and name on it?
    Head over to WotLabs.net and type in your tanker name. Below the grid displaying all your stats will be a link stating "Forum Signature Image". Clicking that link will take you directly to the generated image. Place that direct URL into your signature (To change that, click on your name in the top right on the forums, and hit My Settings, The Signature tab will be available on the page it takes your too) and the image will be displayed.
  • What are these WG_RTGFEP_XX players doing in XX tank ruining my game?
    These are promotional accounts with every tank in the game added to them. Unless players who already have a WoT account turn up to try the really rare tanks, they're going to be effectively Tier 1 players at Tier 10. This cannot be helped, and will be over soon enough. Hey, it makes it easier to get those Ace Tanker badges, right?
  • There's a WG_ account in my game. Is it a scam?
    No. A WG_(Name) account is an event account. They are driven by moderators and GMs. If you see a WG_Hunt account, it is part of the hunt us down event.
    However, no Wargaming rep will ever ask for your account details, and if they do, report them immediately to support.
  • How do I upload pictures to the forums?
    Upload your picture to www.tinypic.com and paste the text in the third box it gives you into the forums reply box. You'll know its the right code because it'll start with [IMG]
Future Content and Suggestions:
  • Will I be able to retrain my crew members into different roles?
    Eventually, but no time soon. It would take about a month of work if it was top priority (Which it isn't.)
  • Will there be more tiers added?
    The developers have stated many times that Tier 10 is the highest the game will go, because it would become very unbalanced and most lines wouldnt continue very far past their current state (TDs mainly, lights as well.) The unbalanced part would be that missiles- their addition to tanks is the cutoff date for tanks being included into World of Tanks- would be so accurate that any sniper and support role tanks would be made useless, and the game would be reduced to aiming with a ridiculously tiny dot. Taking into account reactive and ceramic armour... the game would cease to be interesting or balanced.
  • Will the P.1500 Ratte be added to the game?
    Chances are you saw the 2011 April Fools video, with had a mock up of the Ratte in game. Short answer is no, that would be very OP, very slow and useless on almost every map. The developers have stated this will not be entering the game, in any form. Not even in the background of the game, as a backdrop.
  • Will the machine guns on tanks be activated?
    Beyond the point of being completely redundant and a waste of code, the machine guns would be unable to harm anything in the game and only slow down slower computers even further. Again, the developers have stated machine guns won't be added for these obvious reasons.
  • Will infantry be added into the game?
    In no form or shape will people (even inside tanks, because this would raise the rating of the game) be visible in game. This is a tank game, so people (whether as a lucky target or an equipment) aren't shown. Again, the developers have stated this several times.
  • Will artillery be removed?
    Artillery is a valuable, if slightly unbalanced by matchmaker, part of the game. The developers have refused to remove artillery from the game, and are planning on adjusting artillery so that they are a valuable and not over powered aspect of the game. So no, artillery is remaining.
    The tiers will be padded out so that the the current Tier 8 and 7 arty will be become the Tier 9 and 10 arty. This will fix their MM and hopefully balance them more.
  • Will the Italians and Japanese be added?
    Eventually, both trees will be added. Both have the issue of not having very many high tier competitive tanks.
    EDIT: The Japanese tanks are a low priority for the game, and won't be seen until 2014. Their high tiers will effectively be rolling costal defence cannons (according to Silent Stalker), 128mm and bigger for the cannons. {SS}
  • Will the M1 Abrams be added?
    No, never ever ever. It is too modern and ridiculously OP.
  • When will Clan Wars be released/leave beta?
    Clan Wars will be released hopefully at some point in 2013, and is going to be termed released when the global Clan Wars map is released.
  • Will destructible bridges be added into the game?
    The developers have ruled against adding this into the game, since destructible bridges would make travelling across the map much longer (especially on Swamp and Komarin) and make crossing the map impossible on some maps (like Erlenberg). It would make the game far more annoying to players than it is worth.
  • Will side skirts/ sandbags be added into the game as equipment?
    They are planned, but no time frame has been given.
  • What is the end design on Clan Wars?
    Clan Wars has been revealed to eventually go between all three Wargaming games, World of Tanks, World of Warplanes and World of Warship. A common, global map. This will mean globally interconnected IE interserver. Also, in the short term, seasons and historical campaigns will be run. FTR revealed that minefields will be added to Clanwars at some stage.
  • Will all three games be merged into one at some point?
    No. Wargaming has stated that the games will remain seperate. They will share the ingame currency- credits, gold, free exp- and compete on the same Clan Wars map, but they will remain seperate games.
  • Will the Sherman Firefly be included into the game?
    Wargaming has made no hints on the inclusion of the Sherman Firefly- however, it is expected to join the game as a T6 medium. What we are not sure about is whether it will be a premium tank or not.
  • Will Australian Tanks enter the game?
    Not as their own tree, no. But, like the Canadians, they will appear as premium tanks in the British line- there are not enough tanks to create their own line.
  • What is the next map to be added into the game?
    The next map will be Asian themed again, and called Great Wall. Pics/map overlook.
  • What is the latest on Historical battles? {SS}
    Currently the Devs are focused on CW, so no further news on the Historical battle mode is available. They are speculating about not including minor prototype tanks that did actually fight- Dicker Max for example.
  • Will we be able to deselect a map from rotation? {SS}
    This feature is being added, but only one map can be deselected. (Latest on FTR: Possibly removed from future ideas due to strain on MM)
  • What future content is on the list to come next?
    We're not sure of the next update, but the next few will include a second Russian medium line/German TD line. Unsure on the exact ordering at this time.{SS}
  • Will the Americans get a dedicated second medium line? {SS}
    Yes, it is planned.
  • Will the WZ-113 be added to the store? {SS}
    Silent Stalker stated it may appear later in the year for the EU server, so that may happen for us.
  • Will the T23 return? {SS}
    Yes, most likely as a T6-7 premium tank.
  • Will voice chat appear in random pubs? {SS}
    No.
  • Will British voice accents be added?
    Eventually.
  • Are the arty nerfs over? {SS}
    The intent of the 8.6 arty nerfs were intended to make arty less played- this has been successful. Further nerfs are not as likely.
  • Are any new premium artillery going to be added? {SS}
    The French will get the R35 AC and ACL135 as additional premium arty.
Gameplay:
  • Why do Germans ignite frontally?
    The transmission for the German tanks is located in the front of the tank. Hitting this is like hitting the engine, so you can damage, destroy or ignite an engine of a German tank from the front. This is added because the transmission fluid is flammable. The Russians have a similar weakness- you can hit their ammo racks from the front.
  • Why does it take so long to get a match in a Tier 10 tank?
    It takes so long to get a match in a Tier 10 because it can only see Tier 8 at the lowest. Not many people have these tanks, and those that do often choose not to run them because of the prohibitive repair and rearming costs.
  • Why does my M5 Stuart/Panzer 38 nA/A-20/M5A1 see Tier 8 and 9 tanks?
    Those tanks see higher tier tanks because they are Tier 4 lights. At that stage, they are no longer bound by the two tiers above or below match making rule, and deemed scouts (which have +5 tiers above them matchmaking.). This applies to dedicated scouts like the T-50 and the Luchs as well.
  • Why doesn't matchmaking take into account stats?
    Because that would eliminate win rate as reliable statistic, as well as making the game more boring. World of Tanks is based on chance, and that is portrayed in the match maker. Sometimes you get bad teams, sometimes you get good ones. If match maker gave each side a balanced statistic, then the win rate of players would balance out, since their wins were more based on luck than skill. Wargaming has stated that they will never, ever include stats into the matchmaking system.
  • Why does my Tier 5 light/ Tier 10 tank/Artillery cost so much to repair and rearm?
    These tanks are end tier tanks, and as such will cost a lot to maintain. This is done so that the people don't just play their Tier 10 tanks all the time, and ignore all the lower tiers. This means players will be more likely to play the middle tiers as well.
  • Why aren't I dragged down when I platoon with a tank lower than me?
    When platooning, the matchmaking of the highest tank is taken into account only. This stops top tier tanks getting pulled down into Tier 1 games. You should really only platoon with tanks that your tank would normally see anyway.
  • How does artillery shoot across the map so accurately? (relatively speaking)
    Through the use of artillery mode, arty gets an overhead view of the map. One can access it by hitting shift (default setting).
  • Why do my shells sometimes deal no damage?
    There are several reasons for this. If you hit the tracks, the shell is absorbed by tracks and no damage is dealt since the shell didn't penetrate the hull. If you shoot the mantlet, you have effectively shot two layers of armour- spaced armour really- and often the shell will be stopped by this and deal no damage, even though it says penetration. The third reason is that you're shooting spaced armour, which will force the shell to explode early for no damage. The Super Pershing has this on it's front, while the E-Series tanks (E-100, E-50, etc.) have spaced side armour. The final reason you may get a no damage pen is when the shell disintegrates while penetrating. This has been confirmed that it can happen. It's pretty rare, but quite annoying when it happens.
    See this video for further information.
  • How am I killed in my arty when I'm not spotted?
    It's possible for good arty players to deduce the position of an enemy arty by the contrails left by their firing. It's faint and not easily seen, but can be quite deadly. To avoid this, reposition after every shot to avoid counter battery. This really only happens at Tier 4 and higher, since the lower tiers lack the range to cover an entire map.
  • How can I avoid being spotted?
    Bushes and camo nets provide bonuses that will prevent you from being spotted. Depending on the size of the tank though, no amount of camo may help you. Sitting behind a bush instead of in it will greatly increase your chances of not being spotted when firing, while sitting behind two bushes (one in front of the other) can make it almost impossible for you to be spotted.
  • How do I know when I'm spotted?
    Generally, if you can see the enemy tanks, you'll see a few start turning their guns in your direction. If not, once shells start landing around you, you're spotted. The six sense perk will alert you when you get spotted, but there's a three second delay.
  • How do some people repair their tracks instantly?
    These players are using a repair kit. They can fully repair any damaged module, instantly. Without a repair kit, a module can only stay damaged.
  • Why can our barrels dig into the ground for no damage?
    The developers experimented with this back in closed beta. It was incredibly annoying and took a lot of the fun out of city battles. Long barreled tanks- not just German L100s- were severely handi capped trying to peek a boo. So, it was tried but rejected.
  • Why are some tanks in game, but not able to be bought?
    These are tanks that were in the gift shop or store at some point, then removed for balance or gameplay reasons. The Type 59 falls into the balance reasoning. The Panzer B2 and the Mini Maus were removed because the French were added into the game, so people could acquire them normally.
    Other tanks were part of special pre-order bonuses, like the Panzer V-IV and the M6A2E1. And then there are those like the A-32 and the BT-SV that were introduced for public testing, and never made it into the game.
    Tanks that fall into the first two categories have a chance of reappearing into the gift shop. Those that fall into the pre-order category have a very very slim chance, and the beta tester ones are something of a mix. One is available on the Russian server via a card from the German retail box version.
  • Why are my French T5 and higher lights so cheap to repair?
    Because they are not end tier tanks. They are part of a line that goes to Tier 10.
  • Why do lights have a wider Matchmaking spread?
    Lights are placed at a wider spread because they aren't designed to engage in combat directly, but be scouts. The main reasoning for the limited match making for other tanks, is that will have extreme difficulty in engaging and damaging other tanks beyond two tiers above them. With lights, they have no armour anyway, and have limited need to engage non-arty tanks (at least from the front, and definitely not in a duel off). Therefore, they are not disadantaged as much with high tier battles. This applies to French lights as well.
  • Why do people buy premium tanks?
    Premium tanks earn more XP and credits than other tanks. They can also train crews that can be placed in the same nation's class of tank (as in, an IS-6 can train a Russian heavy tank for no downside, but not a T62-A crew). This makes them very valuable for supporting higher tier tanks and buying higher tier tanks. Premium tanks are not pay to win tanks, since they are worse than elite tanks of the same tier, and have a major flaw to make up for their massive credit earnings.
  • What is the highest credit earning premium tank?
    The tank earning on average the most amount of credits is the Type 59. Second buyable premium after that is the IS-6. See this website to see the collated and average earnings of every tank in the game.
  • What is the highest credit earning non-premium tank?
    Currently, the tank earning the most on average per game (that is not premium) is the T-34 Medium Tank, followed by the BDR G1B Heavy tank. For a full list, consult this website.
  • Why is Province limited to lower tiers?
    Province is limited because in higher tiers, the map is so thin that anyone who moves is spotted from the opposite side of the map. Lower tier tanks lack the view range to do this. It is therefore, unsuitable to higher tiers, especially with the amount of co-ordination found in public battles.
  • Why do tanks with autoloaders have such low ammo counts?
    This is the balance for them having such a rapid rate of fire when loaded. On average, an autoloader will put out more damage than a non auto loader tank- with normal ammo amounts, this would be even worse.
  • What advantages do a more well trained crew offer?
    A more well trained crew is better than a lesser trained one in every way. The commander can see further, the gunner is more accurate and aims faster, the radio range is increased, the loader will load faster, the tank will accelerate faster. Every personalized aspect of the crew is improved. Things such as damage and penetration, however, are not affected by a crew.
  • How many crew skills can one crew member have?
    A crew member can have as many skills as are available. Additionally, if a single crew member does two or more roles, the skills for said roles (say, if the Commander shoots the gun, he gains access to Gunner skills) are made available.
  • Why does it take so long to train a skill in the higher percents, and take so much longer on the third and fourth skills?
    The XP requirement for each skill increases dramatically with each skill. The lower percentiles of a skill need but a fraction of the exp required at the top end. This is done for realism- learning the basics of a skill is easy, but it takes time. Balance also plays a part- if it was too easy to grind up all your skills, it would become unbalanced. See this graph on the increasing EXP requirements.
  • Why is there a camp set up inside the flag?
    The pile of boxes and the wooden pole structure have two roles. One, they make the base not look like some arbitary position on the map, but a used position. Two, they serve as cover. Both will block exactly one shot each. If one is capturing the flag, this cover can save them and allow them to finish capturing.
  • Which tank has the best gun depression in the game?
    The elite M2 MT has the best depression in the game, with -20. The elited M5 Stuart also shares this, but only with the derp gun. The next closest rival is the Dicker Max at -15.
  • Can the Luchs/T-50 get top tier?
    Not without some incredible circumstances occurring in the Matchmaker. I have yet to see a Leopard or a T-50 get top tier in SEA, but it is possible (about the same odds as a T5 scout getting into a T6 match at the highest.)
  • Why are T5 dedicated scouts at the same level/above some T6 tanks?
    Tier 5 scouts (The Chaffee, the T-50-2) are weighted by matchmaker as T6 tanks. They have T6 light HP as well.This helps prevent them from being too close to the top in a battle, where they would dominate.
  • If I enable accelerated crew training, will I still earn XP for my tank?
    You will continue to earn free XP, but you will not earn regular XP anymore- that is distributed into the crew.
  • Why do some modules have different stats between tanks?
    Some modules are affected by which tank they are in. Mainly this is Rate of Fire, because that is not specific to the gun, but rather the layout of the tank. In the French line mainly, the aim time of the 90mm DCA 45 decreases with each subsequent tank. Some stats, however, are gun specific and will not change- mainly damage, penetration and accuracy.
  • Does the Deadeye perk increase the chances of a fire? {SS}
    Not directly it would seem, in a recent Q&A, it is said that it affects it indirectly (by destroying the fuel tanks.)
  • What happens if the fuel tanks are destroyed?
    Your tank will catch on fire, 100% of the time.
  • How will I know if my ammo rack was destroyed?
    Down the bottom of your screen, around where the consumables and ammo are displayed, a line of text will be displayed- 'Device [Ammo Rack] was destroyed by Tex Walker (T29).'
    You can use this to find out what is shooting at you when a module is damaged or destroyed.
User interface and the client:
  • How do I do the "Alert to C1" action, where a grid on the map flashes?
    You can do this by activating your cursor in game (Hold down ctrl) and left clicking the grid you want to alert. Don't spam this.
  • My FPS is low in Sniper Mode. How can I fix this?
    The Farplane mod can help you better the amount of FPS you have, as well as allowing you to see further targets. You can install it by downloading it, and placing the 8.3 folder found in the zip inside your res_mods folder, which is located in your World of Tanks folder (C:\Games\World_of_Tanks for most people).
  • How do I say in chat "(TexWalker) follow me!" or "(TexWalker), fall back!" ?
    You can do the former by pointing your reticle at an ally, and hitting the T button (Default). The latter is done by aiming at an ally, and holding down the Z button (default), and moving your cursor in the direction of the "Fall back!" option until it lights up. Then release the button and the order will be given. The radial menu has different options depending on what it's aimed at- friend, foe or nothing.
  • How do I record a battle?
    You can enable replays by going into the Menu -> Settings -> Game and ticking enable battle recording. It's recommended that you have this enabled, since if you get banned, you have undeniable proof of your innocence (if you are, that is.) Replay files are located inside the World of Tanks folder, inside the Replay's folder. The default directory address is C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\replays.
  • How do I stop my TD or SPG from turning around out of sniper mode?
    The X button (default) will engage the handbrake. This means that when the reticule reaches the edge of the traverse limit for the gun, the tank won't re-position or turn. It is not available for TDs with turrets, and does work in arty mode.
  • How can I look around without moving my turret?
    By holding the right mouse button (default), your turret will lock. You can check around corners or behind you without your turret moving an inch.
  • How do I go "Requesting fire at (TexWalker)" or "Attacking (TexWalker)" ?
    You can do the former by getting the red outline of an enemy tank, then hitting the T button (default.) Doing the same thing in arty will create the 'Attacking' effect.
  • Why is my teammate / enemy blue?
    They have done sufficient sufficient team damage for it be to deemed not an accident, and to be intentional. At that point, no compensation is giving to said player if he is attacked by his own teammates (only attack him if he wont stop killing team mates).
  • What is meant by the little shields in game with a number inside of them?
    These represent platoons. They are marked by different numbers to differentiate between them. Three players can be in a single platoon, and a those sharing the same numbered shield are in the same platoon. These should not be confused with the Master Tanker badges, which can be awarded after battle for receiving more than the average xp of a % of drivers.
  • Why can I sell only five tanks a day?
    This is a fail safe in case your account becomes compromised. A hacker can only sell five of your tanks, not all of them in one hit. It is quite rare that you will need to sell more than five tanks in a day anyway.
  • How do I chat amongst my platoon only, or to everyone in the lobby?
    To cycle the channel you will type into, hit TAB when the chat box is opened.
  • How do i add friends in World of Tanks?
    In a battle, activate the cursor (hold ctrl) and right click someone's name and click 'Add to friends list'. Out of game, click the Contacts tab in the bottom right, click Find Contacts and search the name of the user you want to find. Alternatively, in clan chat or a channel, you can right click on someones name and go 'Add to friends list'.
  • How do I start a Tank Company?
    First off, you need to have a premium account. Then you open the Tank Company tab and select Create, and select the level (like the tier of matchmaking) that you want the Company to be and the name you want to.
  • How do I accept a platoon invite?
    In the bottom right of the screen in the garage is a speech bubble with three exclamation marks in it. Open that up and your invite will be in there. Click it and hit accept.
  • Why are there two different coloured stars in my garage?
    The white star in the top right hand corner is the vehicle specific EXP. It is earned in game in said tank. The other yellow star is free xp. Normal exp can be converted into free exp on elite tanks with gold. Otherwise, 5% of the exp you earn in any tank (not just elite, and not deducted from said tank. This is a bonus, not a subtraction from the other value.) Free exp is used last when buying modules and unlocking tanks, and can be used on any tank.
  • What happens if I swear/abuse others too much in game?
    If reported, the mods will issue you with a chat ban. This will also stop you from using the in game quick commands and flashing the map features, making you effectively muted. You can still play however.
  • Can I disable the in game censor?
    Yes, you can. It is found in Settings menu, in the Game tab. Disable it at your own risk.
  • How do I check how much experience until my crew members reach the next % on their current skill?
    Right click on a member of your crew that is now training a skill. Click Personal File on the drop down menu that appears. In the box that appears, on the left hand side will be a heading called 'Training'. This is in the Service Record tab. The first value it gives you is 'Experience Required to Upgrade Skill', which is how much XP you need to earn to go up 1% in that skill. The second value is the average amount of experience this crew member earns per battle (they don't all earn it with the same equal amount), and how long it's expected to reach the next %.
  • How are the lists on each side of the battle sorted?
    The tank lists displayed on each side of the screen during a battle are sorted by: tier (the highest tier tanks go on top), class (heavy tanks go to the top of the tier pile, everything else goes below that) and alphabetical order (the heavy tanks at the top of their are sorted alphabetically, but stay at the top of their tier still. The other tanks are sorted without any order, just by alphabetical order. For example, a KV-1S would be above a Vk 3601H.)
  • Can I trade/exchange credits/XP/gold/tanks with another player?
    This feature is not in game right now, and it is unlikely that it will be added, since it will add more incentive to hack accounts and allow clans to 'boost' players into higher tiers.
    There is always the gift shop, however.
Mods:
  • How do I install a mod?
    You install a mod by placing the folder/files inside your res_mods folder, inside the current version folder (currently 8.3). This folder is found in your World of tanks folder. Usually, mods will include instructions on the exact placing of a mod, but most of the time they just come with the res_mods folder or 8.3 folder in the .zip.  Just dump it straight into the respective folder- if the zip has a res_mods folder, place it in the World of Tanks folder and merge it, if it has an 8.3 folder, place it in the res_mods folder and merge it. Then restart your client and away you go!
  • How do I get the reload time next to the reticule?
    By installing a reticule mod, you can add the reload timer. There are multiple options, but the best out there are J1mbo's and the vanilla reticle with a reload timer added.
  • Are any mods disallowed on the NA server?
    Currently, only a few mods are disallowed. The banned mods on the Russian server are Improved visibility tracers, Removal of tree foliage, 3D hitbox skins, Free zooming camera and the Laser sight on the tank (red line coming from the barrel.).
  • What is XVM?
    XVM is a modification for World of Tanks. It displays in game the efficiency of each player, their win rate and their battles played. It also displays one sides chance to win based on the efficiency and win rate of each team. The mod is colour coded as well, with purple being the best and red being the worst. It is currently not banned on any server.
Rules:
  • TexWalker was AFK on my team. What do I do? Can I team kill him?
    First off, look at the name of the player. If it is greyed out, then the player has not loaded into the game (usually due to hardware issues). In this case, it's not their fault, and there's nothing you can do. If the players name is the same colour as everyone elses, then they have loaded in. You can report them, which may result in a ban for them. You can do this by activating your cursor (Hold down ctrl) and right clicking their name. A drop down menu will appear, and one of the options available will be 'Complain (5)'. Click this and select Idle/Botting. This will add a complaint against them. If you want to to take it further, or run out of complaints, open a ticket with support to get some action taken. Make sure to attach a replay.
    And no, you can never team kill someone.
  • TexWalker team damaged me. Can I retaliate? What if he kills me?
    Under no circumstances can you return fire on an allied team mate. This will make him the victim as well. Every time your team mate damages you, he will have to compensate you for the repairs and the exp you would have gained. If he does enough team damage, he will eventually go blue. This means he can be attacked without penalty. But even then, just disable him and drive off. If he does enough damage, he'll get an automatic ban. Every bit of damage is compensated though, so you'll get your money back.
  • TexWalker revealed my position/pushed me out/blocked me. What can I do?
    If you have another report to reveal, you can report the pesky TexWalkerby activating your cursor (Hold down ctrl) and right clicking their name. A drop down menu will appear, and one of the options available will be 'Complain (5)'. Click this and select the appropriate complaint. This will add a complaint against them. If you want to to take it further, or run out of complaints, open a ticket with support to get some action taken. Make sure to attach a replay.
  • Can I have more than one account?
    It is against the Game Rules to own more than one account. One account per person, per server.
  • Can I sell my account?
    It against the Game Rules to sell your account. If found out, said account can be banned or reset.
The forums:
  • Can I get myself banned ingame for something I do in the forums?
    Very rarely. Breaking forum rules will only inflict a Read Only ban on your forum account. The same applies in reverse- in game transgressions don't get your forum account banned.
    Excessive swearing in game is stopped by the filter, but in huge amounts it can lead to a global ban. Attempting to sell your account on your forums can lead to a perma ban for that account however, so a bad enough offence can impact your ingame account.
  • How do I upload a replay?
    You can't upload a replay directly to the forums due to a file size limit. You can, however, upload it mwreplays.com, a site which will display and host your replay files, as well as giving you a fancy banner with your stats from said battle on it.
  • How do I display an image on the forums? The forums have an image blacklist. You'll need to upload it to a third party site that is whitelisted for it to be accepted. Tinypic.com and Imgur work.
Moderation:
  • I got a warning from a mod, and now I can't post. What do I do? Please refer to http://forum.worldof...warning-system/ for more information.
  • This mod is abusive! Can I make a topic about it? No. That's breaking forum rules, you will receive an RO for your efforts. If you wish to raise a complaint about a mod, please contact support or a CM.
  • I want to contest my warning/RO. Do I contact the moderator who warned/RO'd me? No. Moderators are not able to revoke your warnings or able to argue the point with you. If you wish to contest your warning, please contact support or a Community Manager. Feel free to contact a moderator if you have a query about your warning- asking them to explain it further- and they will be happy to help.
  • Why is this mod in a clan?! They're WG! Incorrect. Moderators are Community Contributors, not employees of Wargaming. They are fully allowed to be within a clan. Actual Wargaming employees are not allowed in a clan however.
  • Why is this persons name red in game? It means they have moderation powers. If they're telling you to stop doing something- listen to them.
  • My topic/post got deleted! Can I repost it? First off, nothing on these forums gets deleted. Ever. Moderators simply hit the 'Unapprove' button, making it hidden. If they've done this, it means that it's broken forum rules, and they're either dealing with it, or awaiting a GM to assist them. Don't repost the topic or post- it'll have the same fate, and may worsen your sanction.
  • My clans recruitment thread has some negative stuff on it, can I get it removed? If you are a clan officer for said clan, then you can report it using the report function and a moderator will remove it. If you're part of another clan, then this report won't really get far- unless the post in question is say, another clan advertising or an ex clan member trying to shame them.
  • Am I allowed to use non english in the general chat or TC chat? No. English is the language of these official channels. If you want to use your own language, seek out a channel for it using the Channels function. A moderator will warn you if you keep trying to talk in a non english language, and if you do not cease, you will receive a chat ban.
Miscellaneous:
  • How do I join a clan?
    You can join a clan in a number of ways. You can apply directly on a clan's page, by clicking the 'Apply for clan' button in the menu on the right hand side. If you're not fussed about which clan you want to join, make an offer in the Looking for a Clan section. Describe how good you are, what tanks you have, what tanks you aim to get, and when you can be online, among other things. You can also be invited into a clan, if they know you and want you in their clan.
  • How do I accept a clan invitation?
    You can accept a clan invitation by first going to the portal, logging in, and clicking your name in the top right hand corner. Then select 'My profile' in the drop down box. In the page it will take you to, select Invitations in the menu on the right hand side of the page. Just find the application you want to accept, and hit accept.
  • How do I play a replay?
    Your World of Tanks client can play the replay. You just need to close it and double click on the replay file.
  • What does o7 and 555+ mean?
    o7 is a salute, where the o is a head and the 7 is the arm and hand. 555+ means Ha Ha Ha. Both are very common in World of Tanks.
  • What is efficiency?
    Efficiency is the arbitrary measuring tool by which people measure their own skills, and the skills of others. The higher the number, the higher the amount of efficiency points you have. It is further explained here, but for the most part it is simple. The equation rates you based on how much damage, cap and defense points you have achieved. It is believed to be more accurate than win rate.
  • Are there any hacks in World of Tanks?
    No, there are no hacks in World of Tanks. Everything is done server side, unlike modern FPSs like Battlefield 3 and Call of Duty Black Ops. This means that you can't have an aimbot, or a damage hack, or an armour hack. The server holds and sends all that information out. Nothing is really controlled from the client side- it just displays the information. Anyone offering a hack is trying to get access to your account or your personal details. Don't try a hack, it's not going to work and will cost you.
  • Who's in charge of NA?
    *Blank, awaiting info*
  • Why is there a 48 hour waiting period after leaving a clan?
    This stops people A- backstabbing in clan wars. They find out the tactics a clan will use one night, then leave five minutes before the battle, join the enemy and counter that tactic and B- stops very large clans using the same pro team in every clan wars battle. Since some clans are quite large, and have reserve and secondary clans, they could swap out their best players amongst them.
  • How do I get into the Wargaming clan?
    It's only for Wargaming employees, so there is no conflict of interest when dealing with clans or competitions. So, get hired. Otherwise, you ain't getting in. It stops corrupt officials being created.
  • How do I get onto the Council of Armoured Forces?
    You must be a member of a clan that has at least thirty members, and be nominated as the representative for said clan. If your commander wants to seek it out, they can read the thread and PM Conan.
  • Can I merge my account with another?
    Wargaming is not in the business of merging any account, for any reason. Even in the transfers, the inbound account over rode the native account.
  • The server went down for scheduled maintenance, but there's no announcement?
    If it occurred on a Monday, then its the scheduled maintenance.
  • Why do people back away when someone (alone) shoots them, instead of attacking while they reload?
    Basic human instinct is to get away from danger and pain. In World of Tanks, that's rather stupid, because they're now defenseless until they finish reloading, but as an instinct people may subconsciously flee without realizing that it's the wrong path to take.
  • Will there be an Australian server?
    It is not expected that an Australian server will be created, due to the low population of the current SEA server. It is made even more unlikely when one considers how expensive it is to host a server in Australia (when compared to other countries).
    "Its unlikely, however lets aim for a solid AUS community first, a AUS office, more AUS staff other than me and bigworld, a huge convention at pax 2013, etc etc
    Then lets talk about a possible but unlikely AUS server, then." ~ Tan's statement on the aussie server chance
  • Do daily doubles affect crews?
    Contrary to Wargaming's statements, it has been confirmed that a tanks daily doubles do indeed affect the percentage of a crews skill.
  • When do doubles reset?
    The daily doubles reset automatically when the server ticks over to 12:00am. (Someone fill this in for NA, don't personally know.)

Edited by Mick666, Nov 19 2013 - 00:50.

dwaindwarf #2 Posted Jan 30 2013 - 09:38

Major

• Players
  • 30834 battles
Good job. Its a bit long though   :Smile_great:

Mick666 #3 Posted Jan 30 2013 - 09:49

Sergeant

• Players
  • 48 battles

View Postdwaindwarf, on Jan 30 2013 - 09:38, said:

Good job. Its a bit long though   :Smile_great:
Thanks. 99% of the stuffs relevant- i dont know if any mods are banned here and don't know who you PM to join to CAA/the official thread.

Gonna add more to it though, and make a seperate suggestions one to stop the constant Ratte/Fix MM/M1 Abrams tanks, among others. Cept it'll be more advanced; I'm thinking three tabs- currently being discussed, already accepted and rejected.

I think I'll stop rambling now.

Mick666 #4 Posted Jan 30 2013 - 21:55

Sergeant

• Players
  • 48 battles
Bump!

The topic got a pin (that's 2/2 on each forum!) and I've edited the topic to remove some bugs and add some more details. Tanitha replied to the SEA one, so I've added the information he provided that relates to NA.

SgtGrunt #5 Posted Jan 31 2013 - 07:31

Captain

• Players
  • 11642 battles

View PostMick666, on Jan 30 2013 - 21:55, said:

Bump!

The topic got a pin (that's 2/2 on each forum!) and I've edited the topic to remove some bugs and add some more details. Tanitha replied to the SEA one, so I've added the information he provided that relates to NA.

It's a great topic. Thank you taking the time to put it together and post it.
Now, if I can just get the players to read it.  :Smile_smile:

Regards,
~SgtGrunt

ForeverN00b #6 Posted Jan 31 2013 - 08:18

Major

• Players
  • 21770 battles
  • [AR_15] AR_15
Why hasn't WG done this already and make it official?  You already did the hard part.....

Mick666 #7 Posted Jan 31 2013 - 22:27

Sergeant

• Players
  • 48 battles

View PostSgtGrunt, on Jan 31 2013 - 07:31, said:

It's a great topic. Thank you taking the time to put it together and post it.
Now, if I can just get the players to read it.  :Smile_smile:

Regards,
~SgtGrunt
Cheers, it only took an afternoon. Less than the amount of time people spend addicted to Wot getting to Tier 10 anyway.

And the follow up Suggestions Master List could be help that as well (Just please don't have a mod move it from the suggestions section, else it might be a bit redundant. Pretty please?)

View PostForeverN00b, on Jan 31 2013 - 08:18, said:

Why hasn't WG done this already and make it official?  You already did the hard part.....
It's not official because it's player made. They did pin it, which makes it worth a lot more. It won't become official unless I get hired by Wargaming. And I don't think my FAQ was that good.

Dudzio_1225 #8 Posted Feb 03 2013 - 11:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 8873 battles
Finally, clear and logic explanation of wot rules for newcomers. WG should pay You for that. thanks a lot .

Masterstealth #9 Posted Feb 05 2013 - 14:24

Major

• Players
  • 2623 battles
You should put in sub-sections because I don't think new players would want to read all of that

Mick666 #10 Posted Feb 05 2013 - 23:24

Sergeant

• Players
  • 48 battles

View PostMasterstealth, on Feb 05 2013 - 14:24, said:

You should put in sub-sections because I don't think new players would want to read all of that
It already has sub categories. Hence the table of contents...

Or did you mean seperate topics? Bad idea then, clug up the forum majorly.

Magnus_Mortem #11 Posted Feb 06 2013 - 19:48

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21323 battles
What is the, "must complete 9 battles to reply or post" message about? I have completed 2,512 battles on WoT's...

SolidBeer #12 Posted Feb 06 2013 - 19:52

Captain

• Players
  • 14392 battles

View PostSmackedown, on Feb 06 2013 - 19:48, said:

What is the, "must complete 9 battles to reply or post" message about? I have completed 2,512 battles on WoT's...

According to this server you have 0 battles.

Mieter #13 Posted Feb 07 2013 - 18:13

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 4009 battles
  • [-FG-] -FG-
"•Why does my tier 5 light/ tier 10 tank/ tier 8 artillery cost so much to repair and rearm?
These tanks are end tier tanks, and as such will cost a lot to maintain. This is done so that the people don't just play their tier 10 tanks all the time, and ignore all the lower tiers. This means players will be more likely to play the middle tiers as well."

The problem is, this is beginning to not be the case. In 8.4, the VK2801 will move to Tier VI, americans, chinese and french already have Tier V+ Lights... and saying that my Chaffee costs more/same than a Tier VII T71 or a Tier VIII AMX, just because it's sitting on a dead end, is a... ridiculous reason at best.

SFC_Holland #14 Posted Feb 07 2013 - 19:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 16279 battles
  • [KON] KON
New guy. Read it. Thank you. I found it very informative.I am running into the same problem with not being able to reply to people or due basic stuff with my profile. Is this because I am so new? Can you elaborate on that or direct me to the thread where that info is? Thanks!

Davy_Crockett #15 Posted Feb 08 2013 - 22:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 41441 battles
  • [DPORT] DPORT
Is there a way to turn off the in-game chat entirely? Could not find that in the game settings.

Grey_Owl #16 Posted Feb 15 2013 - 21:33

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 825 battles

View PostDavy_Crockett, on Feb 08 2013 - 22:29, said:

Is there a way to turn off the in-game chat entirely? Could not find that in the game settings.

Somedays....and nights.....I wish I had the option to do this too!  
"Battle-Deaf"...use only instinct and situational awareness .....that's it !

ps. wow! good topic...long read though.....
pss. oh...I guess I broke the rules when I mentioned....."U know whooooooooo........"   Sorry, should have started here first.

PG908 #17 Posted Feb 18 2013 - 06:57

Captain

• Players
  • 7994 battles
  • [BURDY] BURDY
You might want to add some more on Stats is you have it, and on how the Public Beta Tests are more or less free trials of every tank in the game.

And lastly, a few taboo things like baby seal clubbing, platooning a loltraktor with a maus, suiscouting, playing terribly and claiming you're playing for fun (you can have fun without being a terribad player), buying a tier eight premium at 100 battles, or using hitbox skins (if I find out you use hitbox skins I will target you if on the other side regardless of your tank; and the hitbox mod or any if the mods illegal on the RU server will likely cause team damage from me to you).

Might want to link to a few guides if you can, btw.

9nines #18 Posted Feb 20 2013 - 08:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30589 battles
I remember seeing a gold option for renaming.Is it still available or what?

Mick666 #19 Posted Feb 20 2013 - 08:18

Sergeant

• Players
  • 48 battles

View PostPG908, on Feb 18 2013 - 06:57, said:

You might want to add some more on Stats is you have it, and on how the Public Beta Tests are more or less free trials of every tank in the game.

And lastly, a few taboo things like baby seal clubbing, platooning a loltraktor with a maus, suiscouting, playing terribly and claiming you're playing for fun (you can have fun without being a terribad player), buying a tier eight premium at 100 battles, or using hitbox skins (if I find out you use hitbox skins I will target you if on the other side regardless of your tank; and the hitbox mod or any if the mods illegal on the RU server will likely cause team damage from me to you).

Might want to link to a few guides if you can, btw.
No Taboo stuff, I dont want to insert stuff like that. I will add definitions though.

And you'll need to show me good guides, I linked Revan's guide on how to solo pub on the SEA forums. But I hardly use these forums.

View Post9nines, on Feb 20 2013 - 08:03, said:

I remember seeing a gold option for renaming.Is it still available or what?
On SEA, yes. Probably over here as well.

PurpleHeart345 #20 Posted Feb 20 2013 - 15:19

Private

• Players
  • 6054 battles
  • [-UO-] -UO-

View PostDavy_Crockett, on Feb 08 2013 - 22:29, said:

There is a mod to do that. I found it on the Russian server. It turns it off completely.  Works very well.  Search around the forums. If you can't find it let me know I can send you the files.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users