T1 Heavy and M6.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
131 replies to this topic

thortc21 #21 Posted Feb 05 2013 - 15:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 8455 battles
I loved both tanks once they were fully upgraded. If you know where to hit a KV1 from the front, you can tear them up with the T1.

I finally researched and bought the T29 last night but have reservations about selling my M6. The tank is extremely versatile once you get the best engine and play it as medium\heavy. You can go hull down and nail people at range where you have a clear advantage over the KV1s and also move around to where you are needed with ease. The 90mm is what makes the M6 what it is and I can't believe people torture themselves trying to grind through it with the 76 and crap engine. I'll probably boost the perks of my crew in the M6 with a few more battles and then move them over to the T29 but I'll be sad to see it go.

Slywolf15 #22 Posted Feb 05 2013 - 17:58

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13683 battles
I prefer the T1 to the KV-1 mostly for the mobility but the T1 also has better frontal armor than the KV-1 so that's a nice bonus.

FlorbFnarb #23 Posted Feb 27 2013 - 00:38

Major

• Players
  • 20517 battles

View Postdarthcarabis, on Feb 01 2013 - 04:16, said:

They do not have German counterparts as far as I know,as for the question are they as good or equal to their Russian counterparts, absolutely not.The T1 vs Kv-1 is not even a contest,the M6 vs T-150 is a bit closer,but the T-150 is a lot more forgiving.Make a mistake in a M6 and you are likely to pay big time.This is all moot though,as long as the Kv-1s is out there why would you bother with any other tier 6 heavy?

Ummm...because the M6 will zap KV-1Ses all night long?  The T1 is head and shoulders above the KV-1 as well.

And I have experience in all four tanks, btw.

FlorbFnarb #24 Posted Feb 27 2013 - 00:39

Major

• Players
  • 20517 battles

View Postthortc21, on Feb 05 2013 - 15:54, said:

I loved both tanks once they were fully upgraded. If you know where to hit a KV1 from the front, you can tear them up with the T1.

I finally researched and bought the T29 last night but have reservations about selling my M6. The tank is extremely versatile once you get the best engine and play it as medium\heavy. You can go hull down and nail people at range where you have a clear advantage over the KV1s and also move around to where you are needed with ease. The 90mm is what makes the M6 what it is and I can't believe people torture themselves trying to grind through it with the 76 and crap engine. I'll probably boost the perks of my crew in the M6 with a few more battles and then move them over to the T29 but I'll be sad to see it go.

T29 is a fun tank, but it doesn't match the M6 for me.

Sabot_AntiTank #25 Posted Feb 28 2013 - 05:40

Corporal

• Players
  • 11073 battles
  • [WDN] WDN
Haven't gotten the M6 yet, but what I've played of the T1, it's AMAZING. I play better with it than any of my German or Russian tanks. There's just something about it.

caeman #26 Posted Mar 01 2013 - 01:36

Major

• Players
  • 19950 battles
I am about to run an M6 tonight for the first time.  I saved up my farmed XP and picked up the good engine, suspension, turret and gun.  My steps to the T29 continue.

Boxhawk #27 Posted Mar 18 2013 - 19:51

Major

• Players
  • 31190 battles
The M6 is the best tier 6 pub match heavy, you need to play it like a heavy medium and not get into slugfests.

Another little detail on the T1 and M6 is that they have two gunners.

Metaled #28 Posted Mar 20 2013 - 23:01

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17317 battles
My opinion is the T1 is better simply because of the match maker. The M6 is good on paper but that does shit all if you are out-matched every round.

TL;DR: I sold my M6, bought a T29, kept the T1 heavy for making money. Thanks to the devs adding more free garage slots, this decision turned out to be a HUGE winner. The T1 is my best tank stats-wise BY FAR.(tho I include all the cash it makes me in those stats heheh)  Ok I guess that wasn't so tl;dr. Cry about it.

Edited by Metaled, Mar 20 2013 - 23:02.

BrightlyWrought #29 Posted Mar 24 2013 - 08:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 29925 battles
  • [DBLTG] DBLTG

View PostFlorbFnarb, on Feb 27 2013 - 00:38, said:

Ummm...because the M6 will zap KV-1Ses all night long?  The T1 is head and shoulders above the KV-1 as well.

And I have experience in all four tanks, btw.

As do I.

I'm not certain about the M6 vs KV-1S straight up, but I think I like the KV-1S more in varous situations largely because it's derp gun can steadily hurt Tier 8 heavies.  T1 Vs KV-1 are both great, but I cannot remember the last time I went toe-to-toe head-on one-on-one against a kV-1 in my American heavy and lost.  I know a lot of new heavy players pick up the KV first, and don't angle well and all that, but i really have little problem dealing with the KV-1 in a T1 heavy even without abusing terrain, etc -and the T1 can navigate terrain a lot better than the KV-1, Church, or BDR.

I keep hearing the T1 isn't a true heavy, but i almost always prevail against the other Tier 5 heavies in it in a slugfest.  Of course you want to play it as a medium, but that's not because of it's limitations, it's because it has the mobility to avoid disadvantagous confrontations.  The k-1, church and bdr all have the mobility limitations of a true heavy, and the T1 does not. the T1 can play as a heavy if it really wants to, but the others cannot play as mediums.

yeah, it lacks the all aspect armor of the other three, but it can rotate it's front into position much faster than the others can.

Edited by BrightlyWrought, Mar 24 2013 - 08:59.

Buzz_62 #30 Posted Apr 13 2013 - 13:15

Private

• Players
  • 3405 battles
thanks for info.....

Lunarhawk #31 Posted Apr 14 2013 - 03:53

Corporal

• Players
  • 5040 battles
  • [GOP] GOP
The T1 is no KV-1 but once you have the upgraded turret/gun/engine (not the 15k one just the 3.8k one) it becomes a real threat in on tier games. The real problem is the accuracy system in the game... my friends and I have a theory that instead of a roll every shot you basically get a "seed" roll at the start of the map that affects every shot you take that round. On rounds where you get a terrible one, cause of the guns base acc that means you can take like 10 shots and get 1 hit. On the rounds where you get a great acc seed roll you just stomp all over everything if you know what you're doing with the tank. After less than 50 games I would've had a couple top guns in it myself but I've had bad luck with getting those 6th kills stolen from me when I get them to like 6% health, and only don't have ace tanker because my 2 best games have both been losses (800 base xp, 80k profit losses on this 100% income weekend that kind of thing). I did get (1) fairly easily tho once I had the tank upgraded. Even in tier 7 games, if you get the opportunity to get into the side... well I've shit on a few T29s in this tank doing that. The gun is good enough for it with its pew pew.

Don't have the M6 yet but the T1 is a real contendor if you know what youre doing. My last game with it a bit ago I managed to pull 4 kills and 3000 potential damage recieved before dying... sadly ended up in a time out draw with us at 87 cap points cause their last tank was an arty which of course have super camo values for no apparent reason. I started out like 2 and 7 WL not liking it much, but then got it upgraded a bit and finally stopped getting mostly Tier 7 games and got it up to about 65% win rate at its peak, and since have had a bit of bad luck with teams and am sitting around 58% now overall about 6k xp from the M6

Edited by Lunarhawk, Apr 14 2013 - 04:07.

FlorbFnarb #32 Posted Apr 15 2013 - 18:48

Major

• Players
  • 20517 battles

View PostLunarhawk, on Apr 14 2013 - 03:53, said:

The T1 is no KV-1

It's significantly better than the KV-1.

but once you have the upgraded turret/gun/engine (not the 15k one just the 3.8k one) it becomes a real threat in on tier games. The real problem is the accuracy system in the game... my friends and I have a theory that instead of a roll every shot you basically get a "seed" roll at the start of the map that affects every shot you take that round. On rounds where you get a terrible one, cause of the guns base acc that means you can take like 10 shots and get 1 hit. On the rounds where you get a great acc seed roll you just stomp all over everything if you know what you're doing with the tank.

There is no such thing.

After less than 50 games I would've had a couple top guns in it myself but I've had bad luck with getting those 6th kills stolen from me when I get them to like 6% health, and only don't have ace tanker because my 2 best games have both been losses (800 base xp, 80k profit losses on this 100% income weekend that kind of thing). I did get (1) fairly easily tho once I had the tank upgraded. Even in tier 7 games, if you get the opportunity to get into the side... well I've shit on a few T29s in this tank doing that. The gun is good enough for it with its pew pew.Don't have the M6 yet but the T1 is a real contendor if you know what youre doing. My last game with it a bit ago I managed to pull 4 kills and 3000 potential damage recieved before dying... sadly ended up in a time out draw with us at 87 cap points cause their last tank was an arty which of course have super camo values for no apparent reason. I started out like 2 and 7 WL not liking it much, but then got it upgraded a bit and finally stopped getting mostly Tier 7 games and got it up to about 65% win rate at its peak, and since have had a bit of bad luck with teams and am sitting around 58% now overall about 6k xp from the M6

T1 and M6 are great tanks.  T1 is better armored for its tier, and shoot-ram-shoot will kill about anything in Tier 5, while the M6 has a great gun.

Lunarhawk #33 Posted Apr 16 2013 - 03:34

Corporal

• Players
  • 5040 battles
  • [GOP] GOP
A per-round seed roll for acc would explain too much for it not to exist. It wouldn't be the first (or even seventh) dumb system in the game. A lot more noticable on tanks with lower Acc guns than ones with higher acc ones.

On a side note the 15k engine is fucking worthless. I got it on the T1 cause I enjoyed playing it and my friends didnt, we get to the M6 and it makes no difference at all even on hills. If there is one on hills it is very very slight. Such a dumb thing to charge 15k xp for at such an early tier :/

Lunarhawk #34 Posted Apr 21 2013 - 20:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 5040 battles
  • [GOP] GOP
So I've had time to play with the M6 now. It's pretty fucking amazing. Had my best game so far xp wise in it awhile ago (a tier 8 game on himmel where admittedly I just spammed the fuck out of gold into the side of tier 8 premiums since I couldn't damage them otherwise - shit like kv-5s, IS-6, KV-4 etc). And then this game just happened, honestly my best game so far kill wise:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Shame it was a loss. 6 of their last 8 tanks were all 6 of their hellcats and I took out 4 of them before the last 3 tanks swarmed me...

Borrick #35 Posted Apr 24 2013 - 16:18

Private

• Players
  • 23159 battles
The T1 is by far my favorite tank to play so far (I have a T32 and a Super Pershing), I have fought in several hundred fights and have my highest win percentage with this at 55! With the combination of speed and quick firing cannon I average 4-5 kills a battle. Everyone one dismisses it to go for the much more identifiable M4 and I say their loss.

lightball20 #36 Posted May 01 2013 - 17:14

Major

• Players
  • 29741 battles
  • [R3TRO] R3TRO
I like taking my T1 Heavy out and teaching people to fear it.

I had one game on Siegfried Line where I was on the north starting point. I headed inward and fought with a T-50 for a little untill an ally killed it then I sniped a TD that another ally killed as well. While I was doing that I kept bouncing Jackson shots off my front till it injured(but didn't destroy) a track and told me that I had been being shot at by a Jackson up till then, I followed the tracer up to where it had came from and lit up the Jackson. It was on top of a hill that I was climbing and it ended up taking out one of my tracks which resulted in the other one continuing to move a bit and rotated my tank to a point that the Jackson was having an impossible time penning me. I got the Jackson down to about 25% when it pulled down the otherside of the hill out of my firing range when a KV-1S came up beside the Jackson and fired one shot which some how I managed to bounce again due to the angle my tank was tracked at. I aimed over at the KV-1S and started penning it with ever shot I was firing at him. After a few moments I saw the Jackson start to move back over the hill so I used auto aim at the KV-1S and started reversing down the hill and swerving my hull. I managed to kill the KV-1S then stopped at the base of the trees and aimed over where the Jackson should be when he finally managed to kill me.

After the battle I looked at the stats and sure enough I had dealt 440 damage to the Jackson(about 75% of his health), and 810 damage to the KV-1S(100% of his health), No allies helped me as I could see the mini map and they were all in the town or in the fields fighting.

FlorbFnarb #37 Posted May 07 2013 - 21:24

Major

• Players
  • 20517 battles

View Postlightball20, on May 01 2013 - 17:14, said:

I like taking my T1 Heavy out and teaching people to fear it.I had one game on Siegfried Line where I was on the north starting point. I headed inward and fought with a T-50 for a little untill an ally killed it then I sniped a TD that another ally killed as well. While I was doing that I kept bouncing Jackson shots off my front till it injured(but didn't destroy) a track and told me that I had been being shot at by a Jackson up till then, I followed the tracer up to where it had came from and lit up the Jackson. It was on top of a hill that I was climbing and it ended up taking out one of my tracks which resulted in the other one continuing to move a bit and rotated my tank to a point that the Jackson was having an impossible time penning me. I got the Jackson down to about 25% when it pulled down the otherside of the hill out of my firing range when a KV-1S came up beside the Jackson and fired one shot which some how I managed to bounce again due to the angle my tank was tracked at. I aimed over at the KV-1S and started penning it with ever shot I was firing at him. After a few moments I saw the Jackson start to move back over the hill so I used auto aim at the KV-1S and started reversing down the hill and swerving my hull. I managed to kill the KV-1S then stopped at the base of the trees and aimed over where the Jackson should be when he finally managed to kill me.After the battle I looked at the stats and sure enough I had dealt 440 damage to the Jackson(about 75% of his health), and 810 damage to the KV-1S(100% of his health), No allies helped me as I could see the mini map and they were all in the town or in the fields fighting.

Post the replay of that one.

maverick001 #38 Posted May 15 2013 - 23:57

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16668 battles
thanks for the info , im in my T1 now , still upgrading it gets better with each one

lightball20 #39 Posted May 16 2013 - 03:36

Major

• Players
  • 29741 battles
  • [R3TRO] R3TRO

View PostFlorbFnarb, on May 07 2013 - 21:24, said:

Post the replay of that one.
I wish I had the replay. I turn off my internet browser when I play to get FPS up to 10 where I don't see lag so I don't have replays on as that would divert system resources away from the game. But I have a few games I wished I had replays on for. Had one where I sniped the hell out of an IS, KV-3, KV-1S, Jumbo Sherman and dealt 2,400 damage in Tier 7 match using my M6. Got 3 good shots on the side of the KV-3 and set it on fire. 1k damage exactly, and the 2,400 damage was the most out of either team.

If the op is still wondering if these are good tanks. They are amazing. Fast mobile powerful guns. The Gun depression lets it peak over hills and shoot down or look up and take out a tank thats climbing a hill long before it can even aim down.

Also they are both suprisingly good at hiding. I put camo paint and a camo net on M6(haven't bought a third equpment for my M6 yet so figure having a net is better than having no equipment) So many games where I can sit down and snipe and they have to get with in around 150 m of me to spot me firing.

Rena_Dyne #40 Posted May 18 2013 - 08:37

Major

• Players
  • 8566 battles
  • [MLPVA] MLPVA
I love my T1 heavy tank, despite its mediocer gun and less then stellar frontal hull armor {Unless your hulls down then yeah, you're pretty safe in your tier or lower.}, its like jason. when you're looking at it, its slow and cumbersom, but the second people stop watching it, its like a medium tank in speed. I LOVE jumping it off hills and belly floping onto unsuspecting lights, I just had a game in it where I belly-floped onto a T-46 and scared the piss out of him, absolutely halarious every time. Remember, angling is key in these beasts, use them as support heavies, and try your b est to stay hulls down, as with any american tank, a hulls down american is a hard to kill american.

the T1 and M6 really shiny as mobile support heavies, heavies that can be played like mediums, and as with most american turreted lines, go hulls down and become pretty close to impregnable. In the same battle I had where I'd belly floped on the T-46 I was hulls down on the large hill {standard battle} to the right of the bottom base on Prokhorovka, a KV1 rolled up and couldn't pen me at all, just bounced off my mantlet since that was all he could see. Where as I could get clean pen shots into his upper glacis. T1's and M6's really shine when you can get them into a hulls down positiion, away from ary and with limited flanking possibilites, where they become extremely hard to uproot due to the americans pechant for insanely good frontal mantlet armor.

Edited by caramel, May 18 2013 - 08:46.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users