Why does WoT..

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

Kyddthunder #1 Posted Feb 03 2013 - 11:57

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Even bother putting tier 4 tanks up against tier 7s and 8s I mean srsly...we cant do anything to the armour...are we there just to humor those ppl in the higher tiers? how hard is it really to match tiers vs tiers? That would make the game much more fun, and skillfull, more so than have a king of the hill guy, totally ignore all the lower tiers pounding him rnd after rnd and just sit there, wheres the skill in that? and if there isnt enough tier ppl for that bracket then make it whatever it maybe, on a smaller map..1 or 2 tiers is ok, but 4? come on...you might as well just say "you cant join this game cause your gonna get roflstomped..so heres 56exp and 200 coins, go away"

Colber #2 Posted Feb 03 2013 - 12:00

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
Unless your in a scout style tank it should only be roughly 2 tier difference from what I understand.

VladimirsRevenge #3 Posted Feb 03 2013 - 12:14

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
They've always considered light tanks to be "scout" tanks. They're wrong. The vast majority of light tanks aren't capable of scouting in this game anymore. They've nerfed their vision so badly that they can't spot worth a damn, they've nerfed their speed and maneuverability so bad they can't run anymore and they never did have any armor or gun to defend themselves.

In short, the vast majority of scout tanks are now nothing more than ducks at the shooting gallery for other tanks to have fun shooting. THAT'S why.

In the old days though, a guy in a Panzer 38 NA was your worst nightmare. He could see for miles. Had decent speed. He could spot you and be gone without you ever knowing he was there. They were deadly little tanks, and often spelled the doom not just of T7's and 8's, but T9's as well.

But the wallet warriors love their big tanks with big guns. That's what people spend the big bucks on. So, when they kept crying and crying and crying over being spotted, the scout tank was given the death sentence. That's why you have the hard time you have now.

CreepyJanitor #4 Posted Feb 03 2013 - 12:15

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
There is a post floating around somewhere that tells you which tiers you might face and its by tank....it does vary a bit. Find it...read it...choose tanks that have a spread you are comfortable with and avoid the others.

JimiJimi #5 Posted Feb 03 2013 - 12:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
If you are seeing a tier 8 tanks in a tier 4 tank then you are either driving a light tank or are platooning with someone that is pulling you up into a higher tier of battle.

If it is the latter, then get your buddy to drive something that matches your matchmaking tier.  The Battle Mechanics section of the Wiki covers the matchmaking of the different tanks.  http://wiki.worldoft...attle_Mechanics

If it is the former then I am afraid you are just stuck with it.  Back before the French tree (and subsequent additions to the other nations) was added light tanks went no higher than tier 5.  The tier 5 light tanks were all balanced as scout tanks with their view range, speed, maneuverability, and camoflauge.  The tier 5 light scout tanks are considered end game tanks. They can face tier 10 tanks and are balanced for scouting in that environment.  If you are driving a leopard, t-50, or m-5(the us version) you are considered to be working towards that and the mm is balanced towards easing you into a scouting role with them.  You probably won't be hurting a thing but you can hide well, may be maneuverable, and can light stuff up for your team to damage.  

Unfortunately (in my opinion at least) the tier 4 light tanks that don't lead into a tier 5 scout tank get painted with the same MM.  It's one of those things you just have to live with and work through to get to the tanks you want to play.

Edited by JimiJimi, Feb 03 2013 - 12:17.

kajfasz9 #6 Posted Feb 03 2013 - 12:18

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Theres a chart that tells you every tanks MMing specs, you should refer to it. Some light are tiered as "scout" tanks and will be tiered very high up most of the time. You can avoid this problem if it bothers you too much by jsut going through lines that have no scout tanks in them. Count yourself lucky too, before patch 7.5 ALL tier 5 tanks had to fight tier ten tanks alot.

TachikomaO_O #7 Posted Feb 03 2013 - 12:19

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
totoro to toro~
totoro to toro~
:Smile_harp:

Listiger_Wolf #8 Posted Feb 03 2013 - 12:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Tier IVs also see tier IX matches. If you want XP, get patrol duty. Spot them for your team. Kill arty. Be useful. Plenty of XP to be had. You just need to know your role.

Personally though, I hate tier IV. That's why I skipped it with free XP until I could unlock tier V. An option to limit it to your own tier would be nice. I'm sure many people would be happy to wait a little longer and no be saddled with vastly superior tiered tanks by MM.

Abject_McDeath #9 Posted Feb 03 2013 - 14:12

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
looks like people dont know match maker...
Posted Image

Kyddthunder #10 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 03:57

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Im new to this, never really read in to detailed specs and tatics, guessing from the replies, you guys are old school, thats cool, yes I am in a pzn28a amazing tank, yes I do know my role, but once I spot, i try to haul ass outta there, and just get one shotted..its almost not even worth leaving the starting zone, I may as well just sit there alt tab and read up on wotwiki, I do get amazing exp and money when I do spot stuff and throw some rocks, but in the end just not worth being a scout...I mean at least give us some defences, either smoke grenades, turbo boost, something to haul ass...bigwallet big gun guys, that makes sense you gotta keep those guys happy I guess..but what about newcomers such as myself that has potential to be a paying customer? we get the short end of the stick? TBH I was gonna purchase some coins..but after seeing how unbalanced the MM system is..its just money down the drain. And certain tank get thrown into the lions den..but what happens if i really do enjoy that class? i gotta live with getting one shotted? thats not balanced...please WoT fix the MM, its SUPER FUN when your everyone is in the same tier..

TheSpaceCommunist #11 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 04:05

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostKyddthunder, on Feb 04 2013 - 03:57, said:

please WoT fix the MM, its SUPER FUN when your everyone is in the same tier..

Please WoT, with the exception of not screwing over light tanks that aren't scouts, keep the MM the way it is. 2 tiers difference is fine. It gives games challenge.

Skpstr #12 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 04:11

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
Kyddthunder, don't get discouraged. I assume you weren't looking to be a scout when you took that line. It's one of only 3 lines that get hosed like that.

Just persevere, once you get to the PzIV, you're back to seeing two tiers higher max.

FlorbFnarb #13 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 04:13

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
No, look, the Pz38na is a great scout.  You'll learn to do well even in Tier 8 matches.  Once your crew is back up to 100% (you did train your crew to 85%, right?) you'll accelerate and turn well enough to bug out when necessary.

Scouting is one of the more difficult trades to learn in WoT, I think, but the tier spread isn't really a problem.

Asassian7 #14 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 04:56

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
This is the problem with these tanks. New players get them and gen go headlong into a tier 8 battle. IMO the MM for tanks that dont lead to a deticated scout tank should get normal MM. I.E the Pz38nA and A-20. OP, just be glad your not in an AMX 40 before they changed its MM from the same thing the Pz gets...
(I may be wrong with the AMX's MM, feel free to correct)

FlorbFnarb #15 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 05:00

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
Well, the AMX 40 so obviously shouldn't get scout MM that I'd be amazed if they ever did make that mistake.  But the Pz38na definitely can handle seeing Tier 8 matches.  While it's fun to have the occasional Tier 4 or 5 match and go shoot tanks with your pew-pew gun, the tank would be wasted if that's all it ever saw.

Really, my solution is this: give all of the speedy Tier 3 light tanks their own scout MM.  Currently they see only matches from Tier 3 to Tier 5; instead, they should see up to Tier 6 or 7 matches, depending on the tank.  Note I said speedy Tier 3 lights; nobody expects an AMX 38 to be a worthwhile scout, but there are some fast Tier 3 lights, like the M3 Stuart.

I figure this would help people ease into seeing higher tier tanks when scouting, instead of it coming as a shock when they hit a Tier 4 scout.

Edited by FlorbFnarb, Feb 04 2013 - 05:04.

Zedzded #16 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 05:42

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
M5 Stuart. 104 games. 61% WR. Camo paint, camo net, optics, binocs, gold derp. Awesome passive scout with the ability to rack up a bit of damage towards the end of the match. A terror at its own tier.

TheGreenTank #17 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 05:48

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostVladimirsRevenge, on Feb 03 2013 - 12:14, said:

They've always considered light tanks to be "scout" tanks. They're wrong. The vast majority of light tanks aren't capable of scouting in this game anymore. They've nerfed their vision so badly that they can't spot worth a damn, they've nerfed their speed and maneuverability so bad they can't run anymore and they never did have any armor or gun to defend themselves.

In short, the vast majority of scout tanks are now nothing more than ducks at the shooting gallery for other tanks to have fun shooting. THAT'S why.

In the old days though, a guy in a Panzer 38 NA was your worst nightmare. He could see for miles. Had decent speed. He could spot you and be gone without you ever knowing he was there. They were deadly little tanks, and often spelled the doom not just of T7's and 8's, but T9's as well.

But the wallet warriors love their big tanks with big guns. That's what people spend the big bucks on. So, when they kept crying and crying and crying over being spotted, the scout tank was given the death sentence. That's why you have the hard time you have now.

This +10000

EnsignExpendable #18 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 06:05

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
M5A1 Stuart gets tier 8 games, and I have tons of fun in it, in any tier. Yes, it's harsh for a first-timer to get thrown in a tier 8 match, but this is Wargaming's oh-so-subtle push. Hey, you put some time in this game, how about putting in some money, too?