A way to end some of the Hate and Discord...

Stats play_for_fun

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
132 replies to this topic

Poll: A proposal to end some of the Hate. (244 members have cast votes)

How would you like your in game statistics handled?

1. I would prefer to keep them private. (61 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. I don't care who sees my stats. (183 votes [75.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

I think all players stats should be publicly accessable.

1. True (158 votes [71.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 71.17%

2. False (64 votes [28.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.83%

Vote Hide poll

winslow #1 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 14:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20649 battles
A thought occurred to me the other day during a match...  I had qued into a battle with a platoon of three prominent players from a very prominent clan.  They immediately starting bitching in game chat about all the "bads" on their team and how they shouldn't have to carry all of them.  I was stunned...  They actually threw the game because they didn't want to "carry" the other players.  I don't know how they get Unicum stats playing that way, but no lie, all three were over 60% win rate.  They drove straight into a horde of enemy tanks and blazed away, getting picked off one by one.  And yes, I do run XVM, about 90% because of idiots like these three.  It got me to thinking...  This is a serious abuse of the XVM system.  I run it to get a feel for how the game is going to go and who are the more experienced players.  I don't use it to run down on others unless they get mouthy first or cause in game drama with ramming / TKing / etc.  I find that in more cases than not, the mouthy ones are no great shakes themselves, that is for sure.

Anyway...  I would like to propose that the publishing of in game stats be made optional.  That means that basically if you don't want your stats published where any yahoo can access them with a program like XVM, they shouldn't be available to them.  Those that want to keep their stats public should be able to.  It will have a couple of very positive results:

1) Idiots like those three I mentioned won't be able to run down on other players before the timer even starts over what amounts to pointless statistics anyways.

2) It will foster more of a friendly atmosphere, eliminating all this "Bads" and "Goods" talk.

3) Discourage alt accounts, which is a rampant problem in WoT.

I welcome friendly discussion on the topic.  If you want to flame me for my idea, please have at it, you will uncerimoniously be ignored along with the 3 idiots I mentioned above.

Thank you for taking the time to read my thread.
Winslow

PS:  Added a second question, "Do you think all players stats should be publicly accessable?"  While related, its a bit different than the first question.  On both questions, I made every effort to make them unbiased.

Illusion #2 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 14:36

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 17103 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
Won't change a thing all the “goods“ will keep their stats public and the bads will be private, so people. With hidden stats will be assumed to be bad.

Obvously abusing your team publically for no reason is wrong but it helps if you are trying to win a tatical arguement against a 45pcer.

Nemasys #3 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 14:39

Captain

• Players
  • 11809 battles
  • [NATAC] NATAC
I don't agree with taking such a reaction to a few bad eggs.  These people are annoying, but most of the time it's not a problem.  Also people who complain about people's stats would just find something else to complain about.  Happened before XVM, would happen after.

ColdWar82 #4 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 14:39

Captain

• Players
  • 40862 battles
  • [NET] NET
I don't care if folks see my stats.... I think I am slightly above average... I don't worry about them.
I don't use XVM, though I have been tempted to, for the same reason you do, to know who to suport.

As for the bullies.... they make my blood boil, along with the defeatest attitude folks ("we loose" while the clock is winding down).
I have been known to be a nusance to some folks on my team, sometimes to the point of breaking a rule or two.

OK, back on topic...
If people feel the need to hide thier stats....
...it is ok by me, though they would have a hard time getting into company battles and some clans.

Tishr #5 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 14:41

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11250 battles
  • [BOWRD] BOWRD
1. Yeah, their xxxx, they'd find some other way to xxx.
2. Not really, most people get called out and highlighted as "bads" for doing something stupid.
3. I'm never understood the alt account banning. Personally I'd never want one, too bloody much work, I don't really see how they hurt WG or the community and I think there are a substantially fewer than a lot of people try to insinuate.

Profanity. Warning issued.
~SgtGrunt

Edited by SgtGrunt, Feb 06 2013 - 21:23.

CrabEatOff #6 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 14:42

Major

• Players
  • 15923 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
will this somehow stop scrub T110E5 drivers from ramming me on El Halluf causing me to get to the river late and eat an E-100 shot?

Jeff_the_Blue #7 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 14:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 26327 battles
  • [KIRA] KIRA
I enjoy xvm. However, I always support the notion of free will. If a player wish to keep their stats private so be it.

AKG_Q701 #8 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 14:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14490 battles
No. It is very useful to know who isn't going to contribute, and hence which parts of the map need to be given attention.

The drawback of XVM has been, and always will be how disheartening it is to see that your whole team is bleeding red. Some react better to this than others.

Plisskin76 #9 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 14:46

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 3883 battles
  • [HANS] HANS
I'm new, but it doesnt matter to me. I can tell already during game who's good or bad. I dont need a program to tell me. I try to support the palyers in game who are active and doing something.

Plisskin76 #10 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 14:47

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 3883 battles
  • [HANS] HANS
Whats the criteria on the bleeding red? lol

kajfasz9 #11 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 14:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23536 battles
Ive seen alot of people like that recently. "XVM gives us a poor percentage, so I'll just drive into a lake and go play a different tank". Last time that happened to me it was a top tier tank, and we won an easy victory without him. People will always scream "bad" at players they dont like though. Interestingly its usually the ones that died early...

winslow #12 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 14:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20649 battles

View PostIllusion, on Feb 04 2013 - 14:36, said:

Obvously abusing your team publically for no reason is wrong...

If I see it AGAIN I will make sure and get you screen shots.  *Rolls Eyes*

View PostNemasys, on Feb 04 2013 - 14:39, said:

I don't agree with taking such a reaction to a few bad eggs.  These people are annoying, but most of the time it's not a problem.  Also people who complain about people's stats would just find something else to complain about.  Happened before XVM, would happen after.

Absolutely, but it will take some of the pure prejudice out of the game as players won't be "targeted" over thier stats.  Some may think, "oh he's hiding his stats, he must be a bad" but they wont be crying rivers like you see so many do in game now.

View PostCrabEatOff, on Feb 04 2013 - 14:42, said:

will this somehow stop scrub T110E5 drivers from ramming me on El Halluf causing me to get to the river late and eat an E-100 shot?

I would think absolutely not.  But the issue of TKing and poor driving is completely unrelated to XVM abuse.  But it would stop some idiot from inciting same over stats they don't think add up.

SabotStruck #13 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 14:55

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10525 battles
I never used xvm, I think it makes people do stupid things at times, but I installed a mod pack with it unintentially and I now can see the best tanker on each side, and if they are in cw's. reason that's useful is I see what tank to KoS and which ones i should not focus on if there is a choice.

Just my three cents

Beta_Orion #14 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 15:01

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6619 battles
  • [LEAP] LEAP
Winslow I agree with you about the private stats as I'm just an average player myself... I've done stupid things, and I've done marvelous things... sometimes in the same match.  It depended entirely on how that hand, brain, eye thing we call coordination was working @ the time.  That all said however I'm one of those who mostly ignore those who mouth off, but see that the ability to hide stats as an out for those with lesser constitutions.  I would love to see more positive talk during a match, but those who are complaining about the "bads" are generally massaging their own bruised ego's or shifting the attention from their own failings.  I go out of my way to encourage everyone on the battlefield and will continue after death to provide any assistance I can to those remaining since I could care less about moving on to the next match until this one completes.  Alt accounts are a way for the cowards to mouth of relentlessly to further hide who they are... and from what I've read Wargaming deems that as a ToC agreement violation and can end in an account ban if caught.

DUKE_AUTY #15 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 15:02

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20952 battles
Had a guy the other day state " I don't respect anybody with less than a 55% win rate". Guess what; respect is a two way street. I don't respect chest thumpers. Seems that in this pretend world; average = bad. I would like to see the game and this forum become less about egos and more about the actual enjoyment of the game. Sometimes it feels like grade school at recess time. I have not been directly hammered for my stats but indirectly every day because I'm "average". I like this idea but some will see it as an attempt to hide poor performance. I, myself, just want to play without all the drama. Too bad you're going to get some heat for this post.

Spammy #16 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 15:02

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 28406 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View Postwinslow, on Feb 04 2013 - 14:30, said:

A thought occurred to me the other day during a match...  I had qued into a battle with a platoon of three prominent players from a very prominent clan.  They immediately starting bitching in game chat about all the "bads" on their team and how they shouldn't have to carry all of them.  I was stunned...  They actually threw the game because they didn't want to "carry" the other players.

They threw the game because they were afraid they couldn't  carry the game.

_CastAway_ #17 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 15:09

Captain

• Players
  • 7473 battles

A thought occurred to me the other day during a match...  I had qued into a battle with a platoon of three prominent players from a very prominent clan.  They immediately starting bitching in game chat about all the "bads" on their team and how they shouldn't have to carry all of them.  I was stunned...  They actually threw the game because they didn't want to "carry" the other players.  I don't know how they get Unicum stats playing that way, but no lie, all three were over 60% win rate.  They drove straight into a horde of enemy tanks and blazed away, getting picked off one by one.  And yes, I do run XVM, about 90% because of idiots like these three.  It got me to thinking...  This is a serious abuse of the XVM system.  I run it to get a feel for how the game is going to go and who are the more experienced players.  I don't use it to run down on others unless they get mouthy first or cause in game drama with ramming / TKing / etc.  I find that in more cases than not, the mouthy ones are no great shakes themselves, that is for sure.

Anyway...  I would like to propose that the publishing of in game stats be made optional.  That means that basically if you don't want your stats published where any yahoo can access them with a program like XVM, they shouldn't be available to them.  Those that want to keep their stats public should be able to.  It will have a couple of very positive results:

1) Idiots like those three I mentioned won't be able to run down on other players before the timer even starts over what amounts to pointless statistics anyways.

2) It will foster more of a friendly atmosphere, eliminating all this "Bads" and "Goods" talk.

3) Discourage alt accounts, which is a rampant problem in WoT.

I welcome friendly discussion on the topic.  If you want to flame me for my idea, please have at it, you will uncerimoniously be ignored along with the 3 idiots I mentioned above.

Thank you for taking the time to read my thread.
Winslow

PS:  Added a second question, "Do you think all players stats should be publicly accessable?"  While related, its a bit different than the first question.  On both questions, I made every effort to make them unbiased.

I tell all of them to xxxxx they don't own this game but they do live it cause that is all they have in life..
They ruin my game by talking xxxx I will ruin theirs..

Insults or derogatory comments (minor). 1d RO issued.
~SgtGrunt

Edited by SgtGrunt, Feb 06 2013 - 21:31.

T_om #18 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 15:16

Captain

• Players
  • 15515 battles

...They immediately starting bitching in game chat about all the "bads" on their team and how they shouldn't have to carry all of them.  I was stunned...  They actually threw the game because they didn't want to "carry" the other players.

I see statements like this all the time.  But guess what?  They never seem to have a replay handy.  Um, wonder why that is?

Post a replay and I will believe you.  Otherwise, it is just so much hot air.

Tom

ohiocat110 #19 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 15:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8270 battles
WG should fix Clan Wars so all the hypercompetitive a-holes can go back to killing each other instead of crying like little girls every time they get teamed up with a casual player that just wants to have fun playing a game.

Know what? It's a free game. Kids and noobs are going to play. Either man up and try to be a team player or put up your own coin and buy premium to play companies. Sick of the crying and entitlement attitude of these players. You're not owed something by the game because XVM makes you a pretty color.

winslow #20 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 15:31

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20649 battles
A replay

View PostT_om, on Feb 04 2013 - 15:16, said:

I see statements like this all the time.  But guess what?  They never seem to have a replay handy.  Um, wonder why that is?

Post a replay and I will believe you.  Otherwise, it is just so much hot air.

Tom

Unfortunately, we are talking about in game chat.  I do have a replay (I maintain all my replays for at least a few months), but I don't believe it records the chat, or at least didn't last time I checked.  You do understand that the WoT forum has rules against naming and shaming, right?  This prevents me from naming the players or posting a replay.  If I am asked by someone involved privately for a replay, that would be a different matter.

Just curious, you do realize that this happens in game don't you?  The exact time / map / players / circumstances of the match are less relavant than the problem that I am trying to address - the abuse of XVM.  If you don't believe this happens in game, I think you must be on the wrong forum and playing a different game.

Also tagged with Stats, play_for_fun

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users