The World of Tanks Classic is played in a league style format with two qualifying rounds leading into a single-elimination, playoff round.
- Teams are separated into small groups based on the total number of registered teams. Our elo system will seed teams into first round groups.
- The top teams from each group advance to the second qualifying round where they will be redispersed into large groups. Teams will be seeded based on their first round performance.
- The top teams from the second qualifying round advance to the playoffs. Teams are seeded based on their performance in the second round.
- Exact details for tournament progression to be announced at the close of registration.
A team must field a selection of tanks based on the limits below for a battle.
- 90 Points maximum
- No tier limits
The full schedule will be provided at the close of registration, once the final team count has been determined. Battles will begin at 5:30PM PST (8:30PM EST) each scheduled day (01:30 UTC the following day). Curious what time this is in your region? Use this handy Time Zone Converter to help you out!
- Match Day 1: February 17th, 2013
- Match Day 2: February 24th, 2013
- Match Day 3: March 3rd, 2013
- Match Day 4: March 10th, 2013
- Match Day 5: March 17th, 2013
- Match Day 6: March 24th, 2013
- Off day: March 31st, 2013
- Match Day 7: April 7th, 2013
- Match Day 8: April 14th, 2013
- Match Day 9: April 21st, 2013
- Remainder of schedule to be published at close of registration
The World of Tanks Classic will rotate maps on a weekly basis. The map schedule will be officially released at registration close.
The following prize pools will be divided equally among the members of each respective team:
- First place: 1,455,000
- Second place: 810,000
- Third place: 405,000
- Fourth place: 210,000
- Fifth place: 105,000
- Sixth place: 105,000
- Seventh place: 105,000
- Eighth place: 105,000
MVP: Prize TBD*
*An MVP (Most Valuable Player) award will be decided by a poll sent to all playoff team captains. Team captains will be polled after each playoff round. The losing team must elect an MVP from the winning team. The player with the most votes at the end of the season is awarded tournament MVP.
Edited by Captain_Judo, Feb 05 2013 - 02:10.