Jump to content


T-44 122mm vs T-34-2 122mm

KV1s 122mm T-44 T-34-2 rate of fire

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

Atrophy #1 Posted Feb 05 2013 - 20:56

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 603
  • Member since:
    12-12-2011
Before I say anything else i will acknowledge that the t-44 is far better with the 100mm guns.  It gets far worse gun depression, accuracy, and DPM with the 122mm gun.  It seems that the developer's intent was to keep a quick sneaky super IS from dominating the slow paced high tier playing field of yesteryear.  With the addition of the Chinese line there is an analog called the T-34-2.  They have comparable armor, similar maneuverability, and apparently equal camouflage values.  With the 122mm gun the T-44 also shares it's gun elevation angles with the T-34-2.  I would like to see the 122mm gun on the T-44 be buffed to have the same rate of fire as the KV1s 122.  It is more accurate than the T-34-2's gun so it should still fire more slowly.  In it's current state it simply isn't a usable gun.

The T-44 is not the only tank that has a completely pointless gun.  The Patton's 90mm M36 gun is another misuse of experience that acts only as a time wasting barrier to elitehood.  I love tanks like the Panzer 3, M4 Sherman, ALR-44 and KV-2 which have multiple viable gun choices.  I'm sure the rest of the player base would also prefer more choice to less.

Rexxie #2 Posted Feb 05 2013 - 20:59

    Major

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 4,292
  • Member since:
    03-05-2011
I too find it quite sad the T-44's 122mm is nothing but a trap. The fact a T6 heavy has superior RoF values to a T8 medium is just mindbogglingly odd. Even if it was still inferior to the LB-1, having the option of that kind of gameplay style would be very nice.

amaROenuZ #3 Posted Feb 05 2013 - 21:00

    Major

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 3,548
  • Member since:
    04-04-2012
What would be the point in the T-34-2 giving up its soft stats if the T-44 was able to do everything it could, with superior guns.

C'mon man, have some sense of diversity.

Atrophy #4 Posted Feb 05 2013 - 21:08

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 603
  • Member since:
    12-12-2011
I don't want the T-44 122 to be better or even as good as the T-34-2 122.  I just want it to be more than worthless.

Rhomer #5 Posted Feb 05 2013 - 21:10

    Captain

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 1,007
  • Member since:
    07-23-2011

View PostamaROenuZ, on Feb 05 2013 - 21:00, said:

What would be the point in the T-34-2 giving up its soft stats if the T-44 was able to do everything it could, with superior guns.

C'mon man, have some sense of diversity.
diversity he says....this IS the chinese rent-a-tree we're talking about. The tanks dont get diverse til tier IX

Spoonrific #6 Posted Feb 05 2013 - 21:14

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 12
  • Member since:
    12-16-2011
I'm still pissed off about the T43 being left high and dry with the 85mm... that was a horrible grind.

The T44's 122 really is a joke, it ought to just be removed as an option, waste of experience.

ohsi #7 Posted Feb 05 2013 - 21:20

    Major

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 5,790
  • Member since:
    05-18-2011
The T-44/122 is there just because of historical reasons. There was a prototype with such gun. But the turret was very small for that high caliber, that's why it has low RoF.

Tupinambis #8 Posted Feb 05 2013 - 21:51

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 10,597
  • Member since:
    12-22-2010
The 122mm guns are terrible on both tanks. That said.

View PostAtrophy, on Feb 05 2013 - 20:56, said:

Before I say anything else i will acknowledge that the t-44 is far better with the 100mm guns.  It gets far worse gun depression, accuracy, and DPM with the 122mm gun.  It seems that the developer's intent was to keep a quick sneaky super IS from dominating the slow paced high tier playing field of yesteryear.  With the addition of the Chinese line there is an analog called the T-34-2.  They have comparable armor, similar maneuverability, and apparently equal camouflage values.  With the 122mm gun the T-44 also shares it's gun elevation angles with the T-34-2.  I would like to see the 122mm gun on the T-44 be buffed to have the same rate of fire as the KV1s 122.  It is more accurate than the T-34-2's gun so it should still fire more slowly.  In it's current state it simply isn't a usable gun.


The T-44, as of right now, is VASTLY superior to the T-34-2. The T-34-2 only has 70mm of hull armor [compared to the T-44's 90mm], its version of the 100mm gun is inferior in almost every way imaginable, the 122mm is useless anyway, and its gun depression is inferior with the 100mm gun. It does get better turret armor, and is slightly small, but that's it. The T-34-2 is just the vastly inferior tank, and its marginally better 122mm gun doesn't come anywhere close to making up for it.

Animactus #9 Posted Apr 30 2013 - 01:40

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 496
  • Member since:
    02-18-2011
How about a buff in pen and leave the rest of the stats the same? That way you choose between great DPM and accuracy or High pen and alpha. 195ish wouldn't turn the tides too much

goff #10 Posted Apr 30 2013 - 01:49

    Major

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 9,596
  • Member since:
    09-05-2012
The Chinese 122 can fire heat rounds, while the Soviet 122 pen is lacking so accuracy is a must compare to the Chinese gun.

TheStealthDude #11 Posted Apr 30 2013 - 01:51

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 525
  • Member since:
    05-02-2011

View PostSpoonrific, on Feb 05 2013 - 21:14, said:

I'm still pissed off about the T43 being left high and dry with the 85mm... that was a horrible grind.The T44's 122 really is a joke, it ought to just be removed as an option, waste of experience.

The T-43 was a fun grind for me. I ended the grind with 61% win rate and 1.5 kills per battle, some of the best stats for any tank I have ever grinded.  But I agree the 122mm is worthless for the T-44.

dmcgill1 #12 Posted Apr 30 2013 - 01:52

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 456
  • Member since:
    03-27-2011

View PostTupinambis, on Feb 05 2013 - 21:51, said:

The 122mm guns are terrible on both tanks. That said.



The T-44, as of right now, is VASTLY superior to the T-34-2. The T-34-2 only has 70mm of hull armor [compared to the T-44's 90mm], its version of the 100mm gun is inferior in almost every way imaginable, the 122mm is useless anyway, and its gun depression is inferior with the 100mm gun. It does get better turret armor, and is slightly small, but that's it. The T-34-2 is just the vastly inferior tank, and its marginally better 122mm gun doesn't come anywhere close to making up for it.

300 pen heat rounds, the same ROF as a t34 and almost as much alpha make that chinese 122 a dangerous thing on a mobile t8 med.  I've seen a lot of great players abuse the heck out of that 122 and stomp t10s with ease.

Tupinambis #13 Posted Apr 30 2013 - 02:17

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 10,597
  • Member since:
    12-22-2010

View Postdmcgill1, on Apr 30 2013 - 01:52, said:

300 pen heat rounds, the same ROF as a t34 and almost as much alpha make that chinese 122 a dangerous thing on a mobile t8 med.  I've seen a lot of great players abuse the heck out of that 122 and stomp t10s with ease.

Yeah since writing that I actually got the T-34-2 for myself and... ehh, its not as terribad as I was thinking it was going to be, but IMO its still a serious step down from the Pershing or Panther II.

The 122's alpha strike is fantastic, but its accuracy is spectacularly bad. I thought it was 0.46 like the other Russian 122mm guns. Its not, its 0.48. The 300mm HEAT is also really nice, but the low DPM and terrible accuracy has ended up screwing me more often than I care to admit.

On the plus side, the total lack of gun depression isn't as terrible a weakness as I was expecting.

Shackram #14 Posted Apr 30 2013 - 02:57

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 4,530
  • Member since:
    01-17-2011
At least it's an optional gun and not like the 20pdr type B on the Cent 7/1.

45k xp to research the same gun again? really?