Japanese Iwakura Tank

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

Slakrrrrrr #1 Posted Feb 07 2013 - 02:19

Major

• Players
  • 16663 battles
  • [3BAT] 3BAT

Posted Image

This is a drawing of colonel Iwakura's proposal. It's not the early O-I tank, that's a different project. It was the only tank with such a suspension planned. Its main gun is estimated to be a 150mm cannon.
So this is another mentioning of Japanese tanks from the "For the Record" blog regarding SerB's Q&A on the RU server. I have done this before, but I made myself look like a total idiot, which I will do my best not to do so again (you're welcome, Kankou).

I took this picture to Microsoft Paint, enlarged it by 4x and attempted to outline the picture of the vehicle on the top-right corner:

Posted Image

It mounts (what seems to be) a short 150mm howitzer in a wedge-shaped mantlet I have never seen before, possibly the Type 96? Also, there is a big number 100 at the top of the image, which is probably the weight of the vehicle (100 Tons). Anyways, if it does have these statistics, I think it should be a tier 8 premium on the Japanese tank WHEN it comes out. If this were to happen, what the ARL-44 is to the FCM-50t, the same would be able to be said for the KV-2 to the Iwakura: much better DPM and soft stats, but with a very similar/same gun.

ket101 #2 Posted Feb 07 2013 - 02:55

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 14770 battles
  • [N-O-M] N-O-M
That's not a mantlet, per se, it's the recoil mechanism for the gun.  It becomes more noticeable when they put armour around it.  Think of the Russian tanks with a 76mm gun, the strange looking box before you actually get to the tank's mantlet.  That's the same thing.