Tiger P guide

tiger tigerp

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Tiger or Tiger P? (20 members have cast votes)

In your opinion which is a better overall tank?

1. Tiger (5 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. Tiger P (15 votes [75.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

If you choose Tiger why?

1. Speed (4 votes [16.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.00%

2. Manuverability (5 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

3. Turret position (middle mounted) (1 vote [4.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.00%

4. Armor (2 votes [8.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.00%

5. Other (1 vote [4.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.00%

6. Did not choose Tiger (12 votes [48.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 48.00%

If you choose Tiger P why?

1. Armor (16 votes [45.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.71%

2. Turret Position (frontal) (6 votes [17.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.14%

3. Ability to Bounce (8 votes [22.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.86%

4. Other (1 vote [2.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.86%

5. Did not choose Tiger P (4 votes [11.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.43%

What type of driver are you? And which tank do you drive?

1. Aggresive- Tiger (1 vote [3.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.12%

2. Aggresive- Tiger P (10 votes [31.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

3. Conservative- Tiger (3 votes [9.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.38%

4. Conservative- Tiger P (5 votes [15.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.62%

5. Defensive- Tiger (1 vote [3.12%] - View)

6. Defensive- Tiger P (1 vote [3.12%] - View)

7. Sniper- Tiger (5 votes [15.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.62%

8. Sniper- Tiger P (4 votes [12.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

9. Aggressive- Neither of these tanks (1 vote [3.12%] - View)

10. Conservative- Neither of these tanks (1 vote [3.12%] - View)

11. Defensive- Neither of these tanks (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

12. Sniper- Neither of these tanks (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Hide poll

jjar35 #1 Posted Feb 07 2013 - 02:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 8715 battles
My Guide to the Tiger P

So first of all I would like to say that this is my first guide and also my first post on the forums so it wont be perfect by any means. Anyway lets just jump into it.

So after participating in 257 battles in my Tiger P, I can honestly say it is in my opinion a fantastic tank when played right. Though my stats dont show it, I only just recently learned how to play it correctly, probably in the last 50 battles or so. Here are my total stats.

My Stats

Battles: 257
Victories: 118 (46%)
Defeats: 136 (53%)
Battles Survived: 81 (32%)

Destroyed: 189
Maximum destroyed in Battle: 5 (I'm still working for a top gun...)
Hit Ratio: 72%
Damage: 234,898

Total Experience: 115,531
Average Experience per Battle: 450
Maximum Experience per Battle: 1,294

I'm sorry but my stats do not show the recent success I have had in this tank. In the last 50 battles I have had approximately a 62% win rate.

The Guide

I have noticed that that a lot of people dont like the Tiger P, and I will admit it was a hell of a grind to get to, and an even longer one to get it maxed. Here are the reasons I like it:

PROS
- Great armor both hull, and turret
- Fantastic gun, the long 88mm is very accurate

I will also put in what I believe to be the biggest PRO of this tank. From the
Tiger P you can get to any German tier 10 tank, except artillery. You can go up to the Ferdi and hit the TD line. You can continue to the Vk4502a and go to the Maus. You can drop to the Tiger and go to the E-100. From the Tiger you can go to the Vk3002DB, then to the Panther and go to the E-50M. I think this is awesome, it allows me to go to any tank I want without going through the low tiers again which I absolutely hated.

CONS
- slower thank most tanks
- slow traverse
- long grind
- easily spotted
- large cupola

Though the list of cons is longer I want you to know that this in no way effects the tank when played by a moderately skilled player.

Characteristics:
GUN
- Penetration: 203mm
-Alpha Damage: 240
- Accuracy: .34
-Aim Time: 2.9s
- 6.98 ROF

ARMOR
-Turret: 120mm
- 23 degree traverse
- 370M view range
-Hull: 200mm
- 22 degree traverse
- 35 km/h

ENGINE
- 670 h.p.
- 20% chance of fire

The armor on this tank allows you to be very versatile. It allows you to lead a charge when your near the top of the tier ranks, or be second line when your in the middle or even the bottom. The Gun is incredible. When I am near the bottom of the tiers I just sit in the back and snipe. I usually sit back near the arty and just try and shoot the weak spots on tanks, even if there very far away. The shells are very cheap I believe there only 252 credits each. This allows you to put shells down range without worry about how many credits your going through. The gun is strong enough to punch through some tougher armor in the game too, of course though you want to shoot at weakspots as much as possible.

I find that placing this tank at about a 20 degree or so angle to your enemy gives this tank a great chance at bouncing. I have bounced everything from a Churchill, to a Ferdinand. In fact 2 nights ago I received 28 hits, and I still ended the battle with 54% of my health. I of course received steel wall from this. Ironically last night I also played in a game where I received 28 hits, I ended this one with 37% health. People would not believe how much I can make this thing bounce. This is in my opinion the best way to put this tank to its best use.

Play Styles

My personal style of choice is to be extremely aggressive. In fact I will place this way almost all the time unless I am near the absolute bottom. I always try be up in the front lines, but obviously from my stats you can tell that, that is probably not the best thing to do. Be aggressive yes, be over aggressive no. Take advantage of the fact that you can bully a lot of tanks. I have even gone one on one with a tiger II on a couple occasions and have lived. I don't recommend this until you are comfortable with this tank though. This tank absorbs incredible amounts of damage. I get pen no damage on me all the time. Remember though that it is incredibly vulnerable to artillery. You will be the first one to get spotted on most occasions, and I absolutely hate it, that is one big disadvantage. DO NOT LET ANYONE GET BEHIND YOU!!!! As with most tanks the rear armor is very thin and easily penetrated by most anything. Move up take advantage of your gun, your armor, and hopefully your skill, always cover your lower glacias when possible, however one thing I do recommend that I dont think many people would, is too show them your upper glacias. It has 200mm of armor and when angled correctly no one stands a chance! Keep in mind though that the commanders cupola is a very big target and easy to hit, so keep moving back and forth along with rotating your turret back and forth slightly. Move up take advantage of your gun, your armor, and hopefully your skill and you will do GREAT!
Sniper style, I will inform you on this as mush as possible, but as I said I rarely play this way. Being a sniper in the tank is easy! The gun is very very accurate, even at long range. So go hull down and just put shells down range on the weak spots of enemy tanks. I would recommend playing a few games to know the tanks you will be playing with, then researching the weak spots on those tanks. If you have ever sniped before you know that its a very easy, yet also difficult play style. Try both of these and see what you like the most.

Crew Skills
I personally went for some of the newer perks they came out with recently. However in hindsight, I would have first gone all repair for everyone.
-Then I would have put brother-in-arms on my commander. This trains him in each spot on the tanks, allowing him to fill for any of them if they were to die.
-Then I would put clutch braking on the driver.
-Snapshot on the gunner.
-Brother in arms again on the radio operator.
-Lastly safe stowage on the loader.

Equipment & Consumables

EQUIPMENT
I personally dont use any equipment on mine because I am too poor. However if I did I would use:
-Gun laying Drive (500k creds)
-Binoculars (500k creds)
-Gun Rammer (500k creds)

CONSUMABLES
I do however use consumables.
-Small repair kit
-Medic Kit
-Manuel Fire extinguisher

I would play with it first and see what equipment you would need to fit your play style!
MY OPINION
In my opinion it is a very fantastic tank when played correctly. You must learn how to angle it properly to bounce shells. The gun is awesome! The hull armor is incredible! And the Turret armor is good. It is also versitile enough to fight on any playing field, whether it be urban, or open fields. The front mounted turret also makes it a lot better of an option than the Tiger for Peek-a-booing in urban enviorments.

WRAP UP!
Well I hope this guide helps you, I was just trying to put my thoughts out there about this tank, I can understand why a lot of people would have trouble with it and I thought I would share my tactics. As I said in the beginning this is my first guide, and please don’t expect it to be perfect. I know I've forgotten things, when you see them just let me know and ill fix them as best as I can.

Thanks,
jjar35

Edited by jjar35, Feb 07 2013 - 04:30.

Tiger_23 #2 Posted Feb 07 2013 - 02:51

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 8631 battles
  • [1_BCB] 1_BCB
hmm...

Where??

Major_Gimpy #3 Posted Feb 07 2013 - 02:55

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10382 battles
hmmmmm

- "Use your imagination"
- "Nothing works with the Tiger P"
- "My painting of ghosts eating marshmallows in a snowstorm"
- "I don't really know how to use cut-and-paste, or spoiler inserts"

demolishdude #4 Posted Feb 07 2013 - 03:01

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5333 battles
  • [KR] KR
dont facehug high pen tanks

Wolf_Tank #5 Posted Feb 07 2013 - 03:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6546 battles
  • [HTF] HTF
Tiger P is my opinion the best Heavy tank in the game. Y? Angle with it and u will be shocked what u can bounce (bounced a maus shell before, dont know how but i did with my tiger p- this was before i knew about angling). Go to youtube and type in world of tanks tiger p then go down to a guy called dugeonet he makes good guides.

SolDust #6 Posted Feb 07 2013 - 03:32

Captain

• Players
  • 9515 battles
  • [URKOD] URKOD
as an avid user of the Tiger P, I must say that this is the best guide i have read thus far, and can agree to the fullest extent with all the tactics presented..

TheMtnDew #7 Posted Feb 07 2013 - 03:38

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 4436 battles

View PostWolf_Tank, on Feb 07 2013 - 03:31, said:

Tiger P is my opinion the best Heavy tank in the game. Y? Angle with it and u will be shocked what u can bounce (bounced a maus shell before, dont know how but i did with my tiger p- this was before i knew about angling). Go to youtube and type in world of tanks tiger p then go down to a guy called dugeonet he makes good guides.

You mean dungeongurunet?

jjar35 #8 Posted Feb 07 2013 - 04:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 8715 battles
apologize I didn't mean to hit post until I actually had the guide up lol