Purchasing Gold - Paypal and Credit Card Errors - Fraud

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

bored28 #1 Posted Feb 07 2013 - 02:53

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
Well, the title says it all.  I tried to purchase some gold via paypal, didn't work.  Yet, they sure did take my money.   Then, I tried to buy some gold with a credit card.  It didnt take long to pay them, but no gold in my account.

I'm reporting these guys to the BBB because this is absolutely ridiculous.  Oh, did i mention i have a ticket open with them that was put on indefinite "hold?"

Yeah, what a scam.

and_den #2 Posted Feb 07 2013 - 02:54

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postbored28, on Feb 07 2013 - 02:53, said:

Well, the title says it all.  I tried to purchase some gold via paypal, didn't work.  Yet, they sure did take my money.   Then, I tried to buy some gold with a credit card.  It didnt take long to pay them, but no gold in my account.

I'm reporting these guys to the BBB because this is absolutely ridiculous.  Oh, did i mention i have a ticket open with them that was put on indefinite "hold?"

Yeah, what a scam.

This sometimes happen.  It can take up to 24 hours to be added to your account

tallstar5 #3 Posted Feb 07 2013 - 02:54

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
http://worldoftanks....rily-suspended/

bored28 #4 Posted Feb 07 2013 - 02:56

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
Figures, the one night that the wife is out with the girlfriends this has to happen.   Ugh.

Thanks for the responses, though.  I appreciate it.

alexlaird87 #5 Posted Feb 07 2013 - 02:57

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Gift Shop and Gold Purchases Temporarily Suspended
Today, 12:08 Maintenance

Updated 17:20 PST February 6, 2013
Tankers!
We apologize for the interruption, but it appears that we're experiencing some technical difficulties processing Gift Shop and Gold purchases. Please refrain from making any further purchases until we sound the all-clear! We're working as fast as we can to correct the matter.
If you're experiencing more than a 24 hour delay in receiving your goods, please subit a ticket to Billing in the Support system.

Vladimir__Poutine #6 Posted Feb 07 2013 - 02:57

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Posttallstar5, on Feb 07 2013 - 02:54, said:

Shrapnelx #7 Posted Feb 07 2013 - 03:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

Tankers!
We apologize for the interruption, but it appears that we're experiencing some technical difficulties processing Gift Shop and Gold purchases. Please refrain from making any further purchases until we sound the all-clear! We're working as fast as we can to correct the matter.
If you're experiencing more than a 24 hour delay in receiving your goods, please subit a ticket to Billing in the Support system.

Try at least looking at the front page before you derp into the forums, thanks.

I'm reporting these guys to the BBB because this is absolutely ridiculous

Good luck, it's not going anywhere as you failed to read any warnings given out by the company. Before you complain about your ticket, make sure you didn't break any rules or that you followed the guidelines and actually read before say anything.

Edited by Shrapnelx, Feb 07 2013 - 03:04.

CAVCDAT #8 Posted Feb 07 2013 - 03:04

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
Then it would follow that you guys would disable the gift shop and gold purchase link until the issue is rectified. Or is that just using too much common sense?

JackSnipe #9 Posted Feb 07 2013 - 03:06

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Happened to me as well.

--And many times before.

Just wait an hour or so.

Shrapnelx #10 Posted Feb 07 2013 - 03:07

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

Then it would follow that you guys would disable the gift shop and gold purchase link until the issue is rectified. Or is that just using too much common sense?
Their post basically says "Use at your own risk, we're still having issues with it, however some purchases are going through. If your's doesn't, please contact us." Sometimes you can't "simply" shut things down.

urnotpaul #11 Posted Feb 07 2013 - 03:10

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostShrapnelx, on Feb 07 2013 - 03:07, said:

Their post basically says "Use at your own risk, we're still having issues with it, however some purchases are going through. If your's doesn't, please contact us." Sometimes you can't "simply" shut things down.
some people bought the gold before the message was posted

Shrapnelx #12 Posted Feb 07 2013 - 03:15

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

some people bought the gold before the message was posted
It's still a risk people take, I mean come on, you're buying something through an operation that has to go through several systems, there's something bound to go wrong. The internet isn't perfect, and when something goes wrong, you can't expect a response within five seconds, WG still responds with swift movement, and this post was made well after the fact. Also, it is the buyer's responsibility to at least look at the record of the company's system, and if you just blindly go in and by something without considering the risks, well that's just your irresponsibility. HOWEVER, before you make such outrageous statements  spend some more time finding information out. Also, we do not know what this person state in their ticket, so we cannot trust that they just "shut him down for no reason." Also, it's not fraud when a company is taking action to fix the issue. We do not know what is going behind the scene, and maybe their boss had to be contacted about the issue before they could take any further action due to policy. Also, they have attempted to quickly respond. So, nothing illegal about it.

Edited by Shrapnelx, Feb 07 2013 - 03:17.

bored28 #13 Posted Feb 07 2013 - 03:28

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostShrapnelx, on Feb 07 2013 - 03:03, said:

Good luck, it's not going anywhere as you failed to read any warnings given out by the company. Before you complain about your ticket, make sure you didn't break any rules or that you followed the guidelines and actually read before say anything.

oh, I'm so sorry that i didn't read the company's freaking website.  Unlike you sad little man, my every life isn't on edge until i hear the latest news from whatever the company is called.  Get a real life, not one that is spent in an imaginary tank.  Tool.

and_den #14 Posted Feb 07 2013 - 03:32

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostShrapnelx, on Feb 07 2013 - 03:03, said:

I bought mine 4 hours ago... It wasnt posted on the website when I purchased it.

Shrapnelx #15 Posted Feb 07 2013 - 03:33

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

oh, I'm so sorry that i didn't read the company's freaking website.  Unlike you sad little man, my every life isn't on edge until i hear the latest news from whatever the company is called.  Get a real life, not one that is spent in an imaginary tank.  Tool.

Grow up, for one. Apparently you're irresponsible with your money if you won't even bother to simply look up some information before you spend it. If it involves your money that you've worked hard for, or someone has, at least have the responsibility to just check if anything is wrong with the system (this includes looking at its history of operation.) You're judging my life by my responsibility of reading up some simple information before I even head to a sub-webpage and calling me a tool? Also, you're telling me this WHILE you're spending money on a free-to-play game?  :Smile_veryhappy:

TheMtnDew #16 Posted Feb 07 2013 - 03:36

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostShrapnelx, on Feb 07 2013 - 03:33, said:

Grow up, for one. Apparently you're irresponsible with your money if you won't even bother to simply look up some information before you spend it. If it involves your money that you've worked hard for, or someone has, at least have the responsibility to just check if anything is wrong with the system (this includes looking at its history of operation.) You're judging my life by my responsibility of reading up some simple information before I even head to a sub-webpage and calling me a tool? Also, you're telling me this WHILE you're spending money on a free-to-play game?  :Smile_veryhappy:

Troll account. 0 battles and already buying gold? Only posted on the forum in this thread? No proof provided whatsoever? Stop giving him reason to badpoast please :/

KaiserWilhelmShatner #17 Posted Feb 07 2013 - 03:36

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostCAVCDAT, on Feb 07 2013 - 03:04, said:

I think that would make sense.  You think that would make sense.  To WG that would not make sense.

Shrapnelx #18 Posted Feb 07 2013 - 03:37

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

Disclaimer. In-game Gold is a virtual currency and cannot be exchanged for real money or for any other goods and services, except for World of Tanks content. In-game Gold is nonrefundable under any circumstances. Depending on the payment method, different commissions and fees may apply.
Also, while you're getting gold/after purchasing it, the system informs you that it may take some time to process your payment.

KaiserWilhelmShatner #19 Posted Feb 07 2013 - 03:38

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostTheMtnDew, on Feb 07 2013 - 03:36, said:

Troll account. 0 battles and already buying gold? Only posted on the forum in this thread? No proof provided whatsoever? Stop giving him reason to badpoast please :/

Actually he has 121 battles with 61 Victories.

It showing O on the forum is just a bug that happens now and then.  No big deal.

Shrapnelx #20 Posted Feb 07 2013 - 03:40

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

S/he is probably just a noob to the game, and doesn't know what they're talking about. Also, they have 121 battles. Maybe bad@posting, but it's slightly amusing to try to reason with a wall. Although, this might be a serious statement, I cannot tell.

Edited by Shrapnelx, Feb 07 2013 - 03:41.