4+players

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

502bull #1 Posted Feb 07 2013 - 03:02

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
How do 4 or more players play together?  I have looked at the Tank Company but don't quite understand how its used yet.  Apparently it adds the tiers of all vehicles?  Do you have to have a full 15 players to form a company? or can just 4 guys form it as along as they meet the minimum tier total?  Thank you in advance guys!

demolishdude #2 Posted Feb 07 2013 - 03:03

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
tank company unfortunatley. Platoon is 2-3. Sorry man.

907_ATT #3 Posted Feb 07 2013 - 03:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
start a training room and invite your friends. after you done that let people join in.

Mantisman630 #4 Posted Feb 07 2013 - 03:56

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
Either a training room or tank company, aside from that, the max in a pub match is three with a premium account.

502bull #5 Posted Feb 07 2013 - 04:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Thank you guys that was very helpful!

Hoss1193 #6 Posted Feb 07 2013 - 15:47

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Platoon:   2 people (standard account) or 3 people (premium account).

Training Room:  Pro: you can choose the map, teams, do whatever you want.  Accomodates any size team up to the full 15.  Cheap (no repair costs).  Con: No XP/credits.   So no point in doing it other than maybe just to have fun (or test/train a specific map/tactic).

The "Countdown":  Not an in-game feature.  Players in voice communication (i.e., Teamspeak or Ventrilo) with each other verbally count down (i.e., "3...2...1...Go!") and all hit the "Battle" button at the same time, in an effort to get multiple same-tiered players and/or platoons into the same battle.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  Depends on queue size, # of battles going, etc.  I don't do this often (in fact, I've been avoiding it last few months), but in my experience, it seems to work about half the time on a typical evening with average server population....maybe a little more often for Tier Xs which are a little less common than Tier V or VIII.   Keep in mind that, mathematically, "success" means that the countdown participants are more likely to be on opposing teams rather than same team.  Once I realized that, I stopped doing it.

Tank Company:  Team makeup and numbers can vary a little, but the tier limit and point limit combine in such a way that competitive tank companies are usually 9-12 vehicles.  Any less than that, you just don't have enough tanks.  Any more than that, too many of your tanks are under-tiered.

Clan Wars:  Really outside the scope of this topic, but including for completeness.  A full 15-vehicle team, all Tier X (and Tier VIII arty), all players in the same clan, all in voice communication with one another.  You can bring fewer or lower-tier vehicles...but doing so is a severe handicap.