* Error in Sniper Award?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

AllPower5 #1 Posted Feb 08 2013 - 07:13

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29240 battles
  • [A-F] A-F
Can you check this to see if there was an error in awarding Sniper Award to the Centurion beside me the M46 Patton? We both hit 100%, but I got 13 out of 13 hits including non-penetration, compare to his 10 out of 10. I caused 3,206 in damage compare to his 2,011. So did the computer got it wrong when he got the Sniper Award instead?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

SHISHKABOB #2 Posted Feb 08 2013 - 07:14

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 8512 battles
any amount of team damage disqualifies you for the sniper award

Yoott #3 Posted Feb 08 2013 - 07:20

Associate eSports Manager

• Administrator
  • 20697 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

View PostSHISHKABOB, on Feb 08 2013 - 07:14, said:

any amount of team damage disqualifies you for the sniper award

^^^ 100% correct... I came in here and knew that was going to be the issue

QJW #4 Posted Feb 08 2013 - 07:39

Major

• Players
  • 18904 battles
  • [A1PHA] A1PHA

View PostYoott, on Feb 08 2013 - 07:20, said:

^^^ 100% correct... I came in here and knew that was going to be the issue

Same, but there is that rare occasion...

Dead_Baron #5 Posted Feb 08 2013 - 07:41

Captain

• Players
  • 28600 battles
  • [SHDWC] SHDWC
My guess is some idiot ran into you thus disqualifying you from the sniper award.

A T-50 ran into me 3 times today in the same game, then had the cheek to call me out, wasn't as though I stopped in front of him or anything but Churchill VII, not exactly difficult to miss.

Silveriferno08 #6 Posted Feb 08 2013 - 07:43

Captain

• Players
  • 22460 battles
  • [PUPEH] PUPEH
lol looks like you got the curse of the light running into you and suffering a small bit of hp loss when the roaches scattered at the start. ;)

Kryptodrakon #7 Posted Feb 09 2013 - 00:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 5217 battles
  • [AR15] AR15
I just completed a support ticket exchange on this subject.  Names of support personnel were changed to numbers.

Original Ticket:

Ticket ID XRR-871-14034

NORTH AMERICAN SERVER
CENTRAL US TIME

Victory!
Battle: Westfield Wednesday, February 06, 2013 6:23:35 PM
Vehicle: SU-85B
Experience received: 1,670 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 14,733 (compensation for damage caused by allies: 30)

The criteria for Sniper award is: Achieve at least 85% hits out of a minimum of ten shots fired with the potential damage of 1,000 HP or more. Non-penetrating hits are included, but hits on friendly units are not included.\n • If two or more players have an equal hit ratio, the achievement is granted to the player with the highest potential damage. If two or more players have an equal amount of potential damage, the achievement is granted to the player who earned more XP for the battle, including additional XP provided to Premium Account users.

I just finished a battle in which I made 11 shots with 11 hits. Another player made 12 shots with 11 hits and HE was given the Sniper Achievement for that battle.

Though the gun characteristics on the SU-85b, the 85mm LB2-S, lists 160 as the average damage per shot, this is still sufficient to meet the 1,000 limit as 11 x 160= 1760 - more than enough to meet the award criteria.

Additionally, the ammo used during battle, 85mm Armor-Piercing UBR-365K and 85mm AP Composite-Rigid UBR-365P, is capable of performing 200 damage per shot fired. This is potential damage of 2,000 which is double the requirements listed in award criteria.

No further criteria should apply when determining who gets the Sniper Achievement as my hit ratio at 100% is higher than his. Sure, he fired one more shot than I did but his hit ratio is only 91.xx%. Per award criteria amount of damage done does NOT apply if the hit percentage is higher.

There have been other times when I was sure I should have received an award but just passed it off as my mistake. This time I am NOT mistaken. The award went to the wrong player.

Per award criteria I earned the Sniper Achievement and it should be awarded to me.

Other player did not meet the award criteria and he should be stripped of the Sniper Achievement for this battle.

The courtesy of a personal response is requested.

20130206_1823_ussr-GAZ-74b_23_westfeld.wotreplay
shot_2686.jpg
shot_2687.jpg
shot_2688.jpg
shot_2690.jpg
shot_2689.jpg

Answer One

Support One Yesterday at 11:27

Dear Player,

Thank you for contacting World of Tanks support.

Thank you for your report, there is a simple explanation here.

Medals are not awarded to players who do damage to their own team. We reviewed your replay and determined that you caused damage to allies, which makes you ineligible for the sniper award.

Even if you just cause 1 damage by pushing a friendly tank with the best of intentions, you will no longer be eligible for the sniper award, or other awards.

We apologize for any confusion. We did note that this isn't communicated clearly on the medal descriptions page, and as a result we are going to fix that today.

We watched the replay and you played a great round! Sorry you didn't get your medal, but we have faith that you can get it in the future!

We hope this resolves your issue. If you have any problems in the future, feel free to contact us again.

Best Regards,
Support One,
Wargaming America Support

Answer Two

Support Two Yesterday at 13:21

Dear Player,

Thank you for contacting World of Tanks Support and for the screen shots and replay video.

Yes, in order to receive the Sniper achievement, the player must achieve at least 85% hits out of a minimum of ten shots fired with the potential damage of 1,000 HP and more. Non-penetrating hits are included, but hits on friendly units are not included.

If two or more players have an equal hit ratio, the achievement is granted to the player with the highest potential damage. If two or more players have an equal amount of potential damage, the achievement is granted to the player who earned more XP for the battle, including additional XP provided to Premium Account users. If the amount of XP is equal as well, the achievement is not granted.

Based on your screen shots, you did fire do 11/11 direct hits but if you notice, you only did a total of 692 damage.

Because of this, you did not qualify for the Sniper achievement so the other player who did do 1,522 damage received it instead.

We apologize for any confusion.

Please don't hesitate to contact us with any other problems you may have.

Best Regards,
Sipport Two
Wargaming America Support Service

My reply to Answers:

A_Pimp_Named_SlickB... Yesterday at 16:21

The end of battle screen doesn't show me as having done any damage to teammates.

If the EOB screen doesn't reflect any damage as having been done then how am I supposed to know that I damaged a teammate?

Answer Three:

Support Three Yesterday at 19:57

Dear Player,

Thank you for contacting World of Tanks Support.

Without a replay of a battle that depicts this behavior, it is difficult for us to properly assess the situation.

Could you please send us a replay so that we can look into this for you?

You can record your battles by going into your game settings and checking the "enable battle recording" box.

Your replays will be located in your World of Tanks folder, under "replays".

Do not hesitate to contact us again should you require assistance, and thank you for your interest in World of Tanks.

Best Regards,
Support Three

My reply to Answer:

A_Pimp_Named_SlickB... Yesterday at 21:54

I note that the end of battle descriptions Sniper award criteria were today changed to state that hits on or collisions with friendly players are not allowed. The WOT Wiki and the Player Guide don't use this phrasing.

http://worldoftanks....al/achievements

http://wiki.worldoft...om/Achievements

According to the Wiki and Guide "hits on friendly players are not counted"... and nowhere does it state that such hits are disqualifying, nor is there any mention whatsoever about collisions with friendly vehicles.

It would be nice if all 3 places contained the same information.

I did send in a replay of the battle with the initial ticket along with screenshots of the EOB data. I guess you just don't get all information that is sent when a ticket is reopened. Please find replay attached.

I'd also like to point out that Support One gives one answer, that I somehow did team-damage even though no team damage was noted on the EOB screen.

Support Two gives another answer, that somebody else did more damage than I did (even though he had misses and I didn't).

And, now, you will likely give a third based on some other reason.

You folks need to get your answers straight. This lack of consistency is one of the things that NA players find quite frustrating about WOT.

Oh, and I just got Sniper with a Pz 38(na) - 18 shots - 16 hits - and did a total of 201 HP damage. Attached find the screenshots from those EOB screens.

Defeat
Battle: Redshire Thursday, February 07, 2013 11:11:29 PM
Vehicle: PzKpfw 38 nA
Experience received: 366
Credits received: 19,821
Battle Achievements: Sniper, Kay's Medal II Class

Perhaps you could explain how this 16/18 hits and 201 damage is enough for Sniper but 11/11 with 692 isn't.

Remember, you gave the award to another player who had 11/12 - he missed a shot - yet his 91% was somehow better than my 100%.

There is something wrong here.

Answer Four:

Support Four Today at 10:13

Dear A_Pimp_Named_SlickBack,

Thank you for your reply.

My colleagues are correct in why you have not received the sniper award, however let us explain a little more in depth.

The reason why you were disqualified for this achievement is because at 10:38 in your first replay submitted, you collided with a teammate.

This caused a very slight amount of module damage, and module damage is not displayed in the end of battle results.

Unfortunately this collision disqualified both players for this achievement under current game mechanics.

This is a bug we are currently investigating and are working on resolving as soon as possible, however this is the reason you were disqualified for the sniper award.

We apologize for the inconvenience and are sending this information to our colleagues for further investigation.

Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,
Support Four

Just for the record:  Their Answer Two is incorrect.  SUpport lists correct criteria, then does not correctly apply it.  The player with highest potential damage is not supposed to apply unless there is tie of hit ratios.

Anyhow, if you feel that you should have received an award submit a support ticket and make them explain why you didn't.   Make it known that it is WOT's lack of consistency in how information is posted that causes player confusion on award criteria.

Also make it known that a minor collision between teammates should not bar a player from receiving a Battle Hero award that has nothing to do with driving.

Exiledcrow #8 Posted Feb 09 2013 - 00:24

Captain

• Players
  • 23176 battles
  • [SABOT] SABOT

View PostA_Pimp_Named_SlickBack, on Feb 09 2013 - 00:22, said:

Also make it known that a minor collision between teammates should not bar a player from receiving a Battle Hero award that has nothing to do with driving.

I thought that was generally known already ....