A few minor things I feel would improve the game.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

Poll: Possible improvements (131 members have cast votes)

Do you feel my solution to 'problem 1' would improve the game?

1. Yes (104 votes [79.39%])

Percentage of vote: 79.39%

2. No (27 votes [20.61%])

Percentage of vote: 20.61%

Do you feel my solution to 'problem 2' would improve the game?

1. Yes (95 votes [72.52%])

Percentage of vote: 72.52%

2. No (36 votes [27.48%])

Percentage of vote: 27.48%

Do you feel my solution to 'problem 3' would improve the game?

1. Yes (75 votes [57.25%])

Percentage of vote: 57.25%

2. No (56 votes [42.75%])

Percentage of vote: 42.75%

Do you feel my solution to 'problem 4' would improve the game?

1. Yes (84 votes [81.55%])

Percentage of vote: 81.55%

2. No (19 votes [18.45%])

Percentage of vote: 18.45%

Vote Hide poll

Ninja__Cat #-19 Posted Feb 10 2013 - 04:56

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Edit. Someone that posted a comment reminded me of another problem I was going to put up, but forgot. It is now added below as problem 4.

Edit #2. There seems to be some confusion as to what I meant with the solution to problem 3, so I elaborated on what I am implying.

Problem 1.

First off I don't know about the rest of you, but I never even bother turning on the battle recording function because I would never go through all those battles and find the ones that were epic. Granted I'm a decent player, but most of my wins are simply wins, nothing epic or worthy of sharing. That only comes once every hundred battles or so.

Solution

Let us turn on a setting that asks us after each battle if we want to keep the recording for that battle. Then we can never even bother having those mediocre matches and only keep those great ones worth sharing.

Problem 2

With the way the kills score at the top of the screen is set up it currently keeps track of straight kills, which at first sounds fine. That is until you count that team kills give a negative point to a team and self kills don't give a point either way. So basically if there was a team kill and you get to the end of the match. You look up at the top and see 12<13, so you think for a short while that it is 2 tanks vs 3 tanks when in fact it is, 1 tank to 2 tanks, which can be very different tactics. Again with the self kills you may see 10:10 thinking that your team is tied with 5 tanks left a piece, but if you're team had two self kills you are actually at 3 tanks vs 5 tanks meaning you may need to go all out and do something drastic to turn the game around if you want a win. Again, two very different potential tactics that require you to actually count the tanks left rather than just look up top.

Solution

Simply show how many tanks are dead from each side regardless of how they died.

Problem 3

This one is more of annoyance than an issue, but still. It's annoying how I have to click each time I have to shoot, especially when in rushed situations. At those times I find myself clicking my mouse like crazy trying to get the shot off as quickly as possible.

Solution

Allow us to hold the mouse button down if we wish to and have the gun fire when it is ready and then fire again when it is ready for as long as we hold the mouse button down. It would be similar to how it works in first person shooters. You wouldn't fire any faster, but if you want to fire again right as the next round is ready you could simply hold down the mouse button and your tank would fire right as the next shot is loaded. If for some reason before the next shot is loaded you change your mind and decide you don't want to shoot you simply let go of the mouse click. Also, if you decide you want to shoot right away at any time you would be able to click the mouse button before the round is fully loaded and as long as you are still holding the mouse button down it would shoot right as it's loaded. My solution wouldn't remove how the game is now with clicking when you want to shoot, it would simply remove the need to click like crazy in rushed situations to ensure your gun fires off right when it's ready. The solution I am proposing is how all first person shooters have been doing it for years and it's worked just fine.

Problem 4

When you are dead you many time want to quickly switch to a specific tank you can see from the current tank you are following, but have to either rotate through the other tanks or find that persons name to the left and ctrl + left click on them. But many times both take longer than desired and the action that you wanted to see from that angle might already be over.

Solution

Let us ctrl + left click on the physical tank we wish to switch to and let us also switch the tank we are following that way as well.

I would be interested in what you all think and if you feel if these first off are problems for you as well and if you feel my solutions would improve the game. Thanks.

Edited by Ninja__Cat, Feb 10 2013 - 19:41.

tvanderhart #-18 Posted Feb 10 2013 - 05:00

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
I actually liked your suggestions. And they're original to my knowledge. Have a +1.

VRMoran #-17 Posted Feb 10 2013 - 05:04

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
Those are actually really good solutions to some really interesting (but minor) problems.

Problem 1 in particular. I never record my battles just because I don't want to manage a whole bunch of replays of me doing kind of "meh" on the off chance I have an epic game (such as my 10 kill battle in a B2, or two back-to-back Top Guns in the Panzer S35), or when something really freaky happens (such as that time I hit an Object 212 directly with a 203mm HE shell from the M40/M43 and it told me I directly hit it....but it just took no damage...). The option to just choose to keep a recording instead of hoarding hundreds of recordings is very appealing to me.

Bhstamm #-16 Posted Feb 10 2013 - 05:06

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Yeah. I think these are actually decent.

Here's a pet peeve of mine:
When dead, you have to click the mouse once for every player to cycle through the entire list, and platoon members aren't always able to be cycled to the first time. I think you should be able to click their names to view their screen, instead of clicking and scrolling through every single player on the team.

Edited by Bhstamm, Feb 10 2013 - 05:06.

pettratt #-15 Posted Feb 10 2013 - 05:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
+ 1 for # 3

Exiledcrow #-14 Posted Feb 10 2013 - 05:09

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
I voted yes, no, yes. The no vote was becasue I'm not sure if it would make the game better, but I'm pretty darn sure, if implimented, it wouldn't make it any worse either.

Makes a nice change from all the whiny rants, and very poorly thought out "improvements" that are in far too many topics. +1 to you, sir.

Edited by Exiledcrow, Feb 10 2013 - 05:43.

pettratt #-13 Posted Feb 10 2013 - 05:14

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostBhstamm, on Feb 10 2013 - 05:06, said:

When dead, you have to click the mouse once for every player to cycle through the entire list, and platoon members aren't always able to be cycled to the first time. I think you should be able to click their names to view their screen, instead of clicking and scrolling through every single player on the team.

+1 to this too

Demolman1 #-12 Posted Feb 10 2013 - 05:19

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
i like it.....i like it

ColdWar82 #-11 Posted Feb 10 2013 - 05:27

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

<ctrl> name of player... You move to that tank.
try it, it works

OP... Good suggestions.... Thank You... There is intelligent life in the forums

Weezul13 #-10 Posted Feb 10 2013 - 05:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

If im not mistaken you hold ctrl and click the name of the player you want to view.

Edited by Weezul13, Feb 10 2013 - 05:28.

tvanderhart #-9 Posted Feb 10 2013 - 05:35

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostWeezul13, on Feb 10 2013 - 05:27, said:

If im not mistaken you hold ctrl and click the name of the player you want to view.
I believe this is correct.

Does anyone know what the proper way to alert a dev to the prescence of a good thread is?

Ninja__Cat #-8 Posted Feb 10 2013 - 05:35

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

Thank you for posting this. This reminded me of another problem and solution I had, but forgot to put up. As someone posted before me though you can already hit ctrl + left click on a players name to switch to that player. My solution would add a quicker way of doing that too. It's in my edited original post.

Edited by Ninja__Cat, Feb 10 2013 - 05:35.

Mydragonsfly #-7 Posted Feb 10 2013 - 05:36

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
Ive always known about your first issue. I simply move the replays into a "Special replays" folder inside the replays folder. I got a shortcut on my taskbar that I can right click and go straight to the replays folder. Does take care of that, but I like the suggestion much better, also saves time and space on the HD.

As for the second idea, I just look to the rosters and get my info there, but I really know where your coming from there.

Problem three, when seconds matter, plenty of agreement on that.

Bhstamm #-6 Posted Feb 10 2013 - 05:36

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostColdWar82, on Feb 10 2013 - 05:27, said:

<ctrl> name of player... You move to that tank.
try it, it works

Holy crap, never knew that, thanks a lot for the tip man.  :Smile_Default:

DutchBart #-5 Posted Feb 10 2013 - 05:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
yes, yes, yes and yes, I especially like the third suggestion

Edited by DutchBart, Feb 10 2013 - 05:39.

Exiledcrow #-4 Posted Feb 10 2013 - 05:45

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostDutchBart, on Feb 10 2013 - 05:37, said:

yes, yes, yes and yes, I especially like the third suggestion

Yup, at the end of an important re-load I'm clicking the mouse like a lab monkey trying to get the next hit of coke!  :Smile_veryhappy:

Cutthroatlemur #-3 Posted Feb 10 2013 - 06:25

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
This is the best posting I have seen in a long time.  All of these ideas are good and the first three are obvious in retrospect.
Excellent proposals, +1 to you sir.

Zickefoose #-2 Posted Feb 10 2013 - 06:42

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
Question one should already be in the game as an option. Someone in WG dropped the ball, someone had to have mentioned it.

The rest, dont pertain to me.
The tank count doesnt bother me, I never look at that one. I just look at how many tanks are greyed out/highlighted... MAYBE if they removed draws and FORCED a winner this would need fixed. Untill then, I dont see the problem.
Problem 3, if your spazzing out clicking, then I dont think allowing the mouse button to be held will fix this.... Wont you... keep clicking? lol
I can just ctrl click pretty fast, doesnt take long to switch between players. ( focus should NEVER be on this above many other things )

TheGreenTank #-1 Posted Feb 10 2013 - 07:04

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
Option 3 is total cheese-easy-mode....

Ninja__Cat #0 Posted Feb 10 2013 - 12:19

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostTheGreenTank, on Feb 10 2013 - 07:04, said:

Option 3 is total cheese-easy-mode....

How is 3 easy mode. You would still shoot the same speed. Just that if you were in a situation where you wanted to shoot right after your previous shot you wouldn't have to click like crazy anymore to ensure you shot right away. You would instead be able to hold down your mouse to do the same thing.