A few minor things I feel would improve the game.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

Poll: Possible improvements (131 members have cast votes)

Do you feel my solution to 'problem 1' would improve the game?

1. Yes (104 votes [79.39%])

Percentage of vote: 79.39%

2. No (27 votes [20.61%])

Percentage of vote: 20.61%

Do you feel my solution to 'problem 2' would improve the game?

1. Yes (95 votes [72.52%])

Percentage of vote: 72.52%

2. No (36 votes [27.48%])

Percentage of vote: 27.48%

Do you feel my solution to 'problem 3' would improve the game?

1. Yes (75 votes [57.25%])

Percentage of vote: 57.25%

2. No (56 votes [42.75%])

Percentage of vote: 42.75%

Do you feel my solution to 'problem 4' would improve the game?

1. Yes (84 votes [81.55%])

Percentage of vote: 81.55%

2. No (19 votes [18.45%])

Percentage of vote: 18.45%

Vote Hide poll

Zickefoose #21 Posted Feb 10 2013 - 12:22

Captain

• Players
  • 7846 battles

View PostNinja__Cat, on Feb 10 2013 - 12:19, said:

How is 3 easy mode. You would still shoot the same speed. Just that if you were in a situation where you wanted to shoot right after your previous shot you wouldn't have to click like crazy anymore to ensure you shot right away. You would instead be able to hold down your mouse to do the same thing.

But it wont happen. I dont get it, click after reload then? lol. Dont spaz click before reload is up. and if you seriously tell me " Because I can let go of the button when my reload ends!?"..... again, just click the button then. lol

Edited by Zickefoose, Feb 10 2013 - 12:23.

Vautour #22 Posted Feb 10 2013 - 13:15

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2891 battles
All you have to do is go to Windows and take the last one out after each game you want to keep since they are in chronological order.

Beerstein #23 Posted Feb 10 2013 - 13:19

Major

• Players
  • 16375 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Yes/yes/no/yes (Also add minimap icon clickage)

JerseyBouncer #24 Posted Feb 10 2013 - 15:07

Major

• Players
  • 10032 battles
I voted No on 3 because there is no "I'm not sure " option.  It may be a good idea, but I'd be concerned about hitting teammates during heavy action if you aren't careful. It's not a terrible idea however, I wouldn't syamp my feet and whine if it were implemented. I'd like it to be optional though, as I'd prefer not to lose it.

I like #1 especially. I keep recording off because 99.99% of my battles aren't worth saving for me, but every so often there is one that I do want to look back on.

Ninja__Cat #25 Posted Feb 10 2013 - 19:25

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26563 battles
  • [FOXEY] FOXEY

View PostVautour, on Feb 10 2013 - 13:15, said:

All you have to do is go to Windows and take the last one out after each game you want to keep since they are in chronological order.

My point wasn't that there wasn't a way to already track down your good games and keep them. My point was that it's a bit of a pain right now and I feel my solution would make it much easier.

View PostZickefoose, on Feb 10 2013 - 12:22, said:

But it wont happen. I dont get it, click after reload then? lol. Dont spaz click before reload is up. and if you seriously tell me " Because I can let go of the button when my reload ends!?"..... again, just click the button then. lol

To be honest with the way you've worded this I can't tell what you are trying to say. So I'll answer the next guys question and hopefully the clears things up for you too.

View PostJerseyBouncer, on Feb 10 2013 - 15:07, said:

I voted No on 3 because there is no "I'm not sure " option.  It may be a good idea, but I'd be concerned about hitting teammates during heavy action if you aren't careful. It's not a terrible idea however, I wouldn't syamp my feet and whine if it were implemented. I'd like it to be optional though, as I'd prefer not to lose it.

I like #1 especially. I keep recording off because 99.99% of my battles aren't worth saving for me, but every so often there is one that I do want to look back on.

Well if this helps, as far as I know all first person shooters use the method I was talking about and it works just fine. If you have a friendly near you or just don't have an enemy in your sights you simple don't hold down the mouse button. What I am proposing is that you may still click each time you want to shoot a single shot, but if you want to shoot multiple shots back to back you may simply hold down the button and it won't shoot faster, but will shoot right when you are reloaded. Also in rushed situations when you have already just clicked, but want your shot to fire off as quickly as possible you would be able press and hold down your mouse button and it would fire right as the ammo is loaded. I may go back to my original post and elaborate what I meant for number 3 because this one seams to be causing some confusion.

Vautour #26 Posted Feb 10 2013 - 23:01

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2891 battles

View PostNinja__Cat, on Feb 10 2013 - 19:25, said:

My point wasn't that there wasn't a way to already track down your good games and keep them. My point was that it's a bit of a pain right now and I feel my solution would make it much easier.

Ah ok I thought you were saying there wasn't a way, but you're right in that your way would simplify things.

hardPatz #27 Posted Feb 10 2013 - 23:12

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21914 battles
Crew speaking in their native language is an easy add on that I wish they'd finally add. Battlefield 1942 style.

Ninja__Cat #28 Posted Feb 11 2013 - 01:36

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26563 battles
  • [FOXEY] FOXEY

View PosthardPatz, on Feb 10 2013 - 23:12, said:

Crew speaking in their native language is an easy add on that I wish they'd finally add. Battlefield 1942 style.

That would be relatively easy change actually, but at least for me that wouldn't be an improvement. I like knowing what they are saying so I don't have to look down and see what got damaged when I get hit.

Ninja__Cat #29 Posted Feb 12 2013 - 21:44

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26563 battles
  • [FOXEY] FOXEY
I just now realized that when I posted this I forgot to put it in the 'suggestions' section. Could a moderator please move it there when you get the chance.

InspGadgt #30 Posted Feb 12 2013 - 23:01

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9998 battles
Usually these types of topics are pretty lame...but you actually had some good ideas here so kudos to you.

1.  A game I used to play had this option...can't remember which it was but it was both good and annoying.  Eventually they added in an option to always have a battle recording so if you were irritated by always getting the question at the end of the map you could have it always set to yes or no.  So I say yes it is a good idea but also keep the option to always have it record or never have it record.

2. Like this idea except for I would rather have it show how many tanks are alive.

3.  This one I'm going to have to say no to...even in FPS games the only time you can hold down the mouse button and have it just keep firing is with automatic weapons.  Semi-auto weapons are still usually 1 click 1 pull.

4.  As long as that is in addition to the current methods I would support this.

rdano1197 #31 Posted Feb 12 2013 - 23:26

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17461 battles
  • [HLFSH] HLFSH
Problem 2: Don't place the focus on dead tanks. Place the focus on tanks alive. Show how many tanks of each team survived.
Problem 4: Why not the first click (left) after death takes you to the nearest tank to your corpse. After that it rotates through the list from there.

Chzy #32 Posted Feb 12 2013 - 23:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13636 battles
  • [BBQ-N] BBQ-N

View PostNinja__Cat, on Feb 10 2013 - 04:56, said:

Allow us to hold the mouse button down if we wish to and have the gun fire when it is ready and then fire again when it is ready for as long as we hold the mouse button down. It would be similar to how it works in first person shooters. You wouldn't fire any faster, but if you want to fire again right as the next round is ready you could simply hold down the mouse button and your tank would fire right as the next shot is loaded. If for some reason before the next shot is loaded you change your mind and decide you don't want to shoot you simply let go of the mouse click. Also, if you decide you want to shoot right away at any time you would be able to click the mouse button before the round is fully loaded and as long as you are still holding the mouse button down it would shoot right as it's loaded. My solution wouldn't remove how the game is now with clicking when you want to shoot, it would simply remove the need to click like crazy in rushed situations to ensure your gun fires off right when it's ready. The solution I am proposing is how all first person shooters have been doing it for years and it's worked just fine.

I like the rest of them, but on this one there should be a minor penalty to accuracy for holding the mouse button me thinks. So if you are pro about it and take the time to click at the right moment you get rewarded, but it still would not interfere with the close range slugging and clickfests that I assume this would be used most for anyways.

dahdah325 #33 Posted Feb 12 2013 - 23:48

Captain

• Players
  • 36191 battles
  • [REL_2] REL_2
#1: Enable recording as currently available (the file/recording very small). Then, when you have a game you want to post,  -print screen- the final display. It has time/date of the match, and you can use the screen print to easily find your match later.

#2: I suppose this might be a little bit of a issue, but really, the tanks (freindly and enemy) that are left are shown on the right/left sides.

#3: Really, one mouse click is a problem?

#4: You can already scroll up/down the team list with either right or left mouse button when in observer mode after you die.

Edited by dahdah325, Feb 12 2013 - 23:49.

AMartin223 #34 Posted Feb 13 2013 - 00:11

Major

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 12256 battles
  • [T1C] T1C
I like all of them.  Some people might not like number 3 though, and number 4 probably isn't worth the effort needed to program that in.  But good suggestions!

Beerstein #35 Posted Feb 13 2013 - 00:13

Major

• Players
  • 16375 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
How about fixing the lag? I'm running out of platoonmates, they're playing other games because of it.

Darth_Cheney #36 Posted Feb 13 2013 - 00:32

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 11836 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostNinja__Cat, on Feb 10 2013 - 12:19, said:

How is 3 easy mode. You would still shoot the same speed. Just that if you were in a situation where you wanted to shoot right after your previous shot you wouldn't have to click like crazy anymore to ensure you shot right away. You would instead be able to hold down your mouse to do the same thing.

Or you can just watch your reload timer like the rest of us.

Replays aren't there for you to find your epic 1/100 match. They are there to use as a training tool. To see what you did wrong, and what you could have done better.

Your suggestions, on the surface show merit, but when you actually put some thought into them you realize that you are complaining about clicking, like it's too much manual labor among other things.

Somnus #37 Posted Feb 13 2013 - 00:59

Captain

• Players
  • 18358 battles
Replays aren't just for sharing the epic wins. It's a good idea to go back and look at the "meh" games and try to figure out what you could have done better that might have made them more like an epic win. Still, it would be nice to have a more streamlined interface than what we have now (maybe a button in the after battle report that lets you discard the replay).

I don't see having to click to fire as being a problem.

Number 4 would be great. Also if we could click on tank icons on the minimap to switch to their view, that'd be even better I think.

Mugsy_ #38 Posted Feb 13 2013 - 03:13

Community Department

• Administrator
  • 1097 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A
Hello Ninja Cat,
Thank you for both your suggestions and creating a poll for community feedback on your ideas. Definitely appreciated, will forward your ideas to the correct teams.

Diacom #39 Posted Feb 13 2013 - 03:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15015 battles
  • [SHUSH] SHUSH
While I do think these ideas are good, I voted no to making the game better mainly because they wouldn't.  They are usefull and such, but don't really make the game better.  Sorry, that's just my opinion...

Coke_a_Cola #40 Posted Feb 13 2013 - 04:29

Captain

• Players
  • 5405 battles

View PostNinja__Cat, on Feb 10 2013 - 04:56, said:

Problem 2
With the way the kills score at the top of the screen is set up it currently keeps track of straight kills, which at first sounds fine. That is until you count that team kills give a negative point to a team and self kills don't give a point either way. So basically if there was a team kill and you get to the end of the match. You look up at the top and see 12<13, so you think for a short while that it is 2 tanks vs 3 tanks when in fact it is, 1 tank to 2 tanks, which can be very different tactics. Again with the self kills you may see 10:10 thinking that your team is tied with 5 tanks left a piece, but if you're team had two self kills you are actually at 3 tanks vs 5 tanks meaning you may need to go all out and do something drastic to turn the game around if you want a win. Again, two very different potential tactics that require you to actually count the tanks left rather than just look up top.
Solution
Simply show how many tanks are dead from each side regardless of how they died.

What would be nice ?? I always though instead of the 12<13 thing that basically shows how many tanks are destroyed.. I would love to see one day, a counter that shows simply the Number of tanks remaining in battle

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users