Fireteam-Style mode?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

RynoGunner #1 Posted Feb 11 2013 - 15:36

Captain

• Players
  • 4671 battles
I was wondering if WG could add maybe, like a Fireteam mode, where it works with a different MM system, putting people in the queue by tank tree (americans with americans, etc) and simmulate the tank battles of WWII, like stalingrad, battle of the bulge, or El Alamein. the opposing tanks can be AI's (version 1) or queue'd players (version 2). Both sides would be set up with their allies (axis vs allies), and battle it out. There would be a set of objectives, like take this town first, then ambush these tanks, etc.

Version 1 - players can play either side of the specific battle. Take the Battle of the Bulge for example, the MM wold queue up a group of German tank players, or American tank players and battle the opposing side of AI's.

Version 2 - Instead of AI's, both sides would be players (like how it is now).

Before you guys just post in here to blow this idea out of the water, think about it for a second. other than that, what do you guys think?

Edited by RynoGunner, Feb 11 2013 - 15:42.

tvanderhart #2 Posted Feb 11 2013 - 15:40

Major

• Players
  • 2985 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
Search bar.

Edit:

Or google.

First, not only would they have to develop a competent AI system, but it would have to be balanced so as not to completely overpower average opponents through superior use of standard tactics.

Second, nation vs. nation can become very unbalanced, as some nations are better than others at certain tiers.

Edited by tvanderhart, Feb 11 2013 - 15:42.

RynoGunner #3 Posted Feb 11 2013 - 15:41

Captain

• Players
  • 4671 battles

View Posttvanderhart, on Feb 11 2013 - 15:40, said:

Search bar.

ya.... *derpface* XD

BountyHunter177 #4 Posted Feb 11 2013 - 15:43

Major

• Players
  • 13072 battles
I'm pretty sure they aren't developing any more game modes; at least for a very long time.

RynoGunner #5 Posted Feb 11 2013 - 15:47

Captain

• Players
  • 4671 battles

View PostBountyHunter177, on Feb 11 2013 - 15:43, said:

I'm pretty sure they aren't developing any more game modes; at least for a very long time.

dam (pardon the language).... would be cool to have that mode tho.... dam

stugger #6 Posted Feb 11 2013 - 16:33

Major

• Players
  • 17539 battles
  • [REL_3] REL_3

View PostBountyHunter177, on Feb 11 2013 - 15:43, said:

They have plans this year to add garage battles and historical battles.  No idea when exactly but they said they will be releasing garage battles first

IronDukes_Six #7 Posted Feb 11 2013 - 17:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17709 battles
  • [3-32] 3-32
I LIKE IT! Well except for the AI idea. Should only be against other Human players.
EDIT: But then maybe the Konsole Kiddies might grok the advatages of using tactical formation maneuvers. LOL

If not logical for pub matches... Maybe include in Tank Company line-up or as a Tournament?
Would be cool IMO, 3-5 matches with series of Encounter, Assault, Defend and Standard battles.

Players que with historical vehicles only for each senario.
1940 France/Low Countries, Arracourt, Baltics, Bastogne/Bulge, El Alamain, Hochwald Gap, Italy, Kasserine, Kursk-North and South, Market Garden, Normandie, Sicily, Stalingrad. Granted some/most(?) of these would require new maps.
Senarios are inferred to include most of historical tanks current in WoT.
This way players can field vehicles from favorite nation.
Sorry I don't posses any knowledge of Chinese WWII campaigns to include those.

Yeah I know, I don't want much eh?
I'm just putting forth an opinion of some things I have thought about and would like to see.

Edited by IronDukesFNG, Feb 11 2013 - 18:13.

RynoGunner #8 Posted Feb 12 2013 - 02:49

Captain

• Players
  • 4671 battles
its kool, XD alright, can't wait for garage battles ASAP WG, plz? with zeh cookie on topz?

RynoGunner #9 Posted Feb 12 2013 - 02:49

Captain

• Players
  • 4671 battles

View PostIronDukesFNG, on Feb 11 2013 - 17:48, said:

I LIKE IT! Well except for the AI idea. Should only be against other Human players.
EDIT: But then maybe the Konsole Kiddies might grok the advatages of using tactical formation maneuvers. LOL

If not logical for pub matches... Maybe include in Tank Company line-up or as a Tournament?
Would be cool IMO, 3-5 matches with series of Encounter, Assault, Defend and Standard battles.

Players que with historical vehicles only for each senario.
1940 France/Low Countries, Arracourt, Baltics, Bastogne/Bulge, El Alamain, Hochwald Gap, Italy, Kasserine, Kursk-North and South, Market Garden, Normandie, Sicily, Stalingrad. Granted some/most(?) of these would require new maps.
Senarios are inferred to include most of historical tanks current in WoT.
This way players can field vehicles from favorite nation.
Sorry I don't posses any knowledge of Chinese WWII campaigns to include those.

Yeah I know, I don't want much eh?
I'm just putting forth an opinion of some things I have thought about and would like to see.

idk how many people would like the limited selection of possible tanks

IronDukes_Six #10 Posted Feb 12 2013 - 04:43

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17709 battles
  • [3-32] 3-32

View PostRynoGunner, on Feb 12 2013 - 02:49, said:

idk how many people would like the limited selection of possible tanks
Well, from the people I have been in direct contact with, and the proliferation of posts that complain about facing "paper" vehicles...
There seems to be a significant percentage that might welcome historical vehicles only senarios.
It's the reason I started playing this game. To field the historical tanks against live players that were not in other games I've tried.
LOL, grain of salt... one man's ceiling/garbage is another man's floor/treasure. All a matter of one's perspective.

RynoGunner #11 Posted Feb 12 2013 - 15:32

Captain

• Players
  • 4671 battles

View PostIronDukesFNG, on Feb 12 2013 - 04:43, said:

Well, from the people I have been in direct contact with, and the proliferation of posts that complain about facing "paper" vehicles...
There seems to be a significant percentage that might welcome historical vehicles only senarios.
It's the reason I started playing this game. To field the historical tanks against live players that were not in other games I've tried.
LOL, grain of salt... one man's ceiling/garbage is another man's floor/treasure. All a matter of one's perspective.

seems legit... ok, that works