Won close game by accidental enemy suicide....

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

macdaddy_o #1 Posted Feb 11 2013 - 22:45

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9443 battles
Playing Serene Coast from the south base, in a Tier 9 game I was in the bottom 3 in my Tiger. We had just managed to eliminate all of the enemy tanks except the last IS-6 when I took out the T25/2. It was at a considerable cost, but manageable. There were 4 remaining tanks on our side, including myself, all Tier 7.

The IS-6 was just North East of the north camps cap. I came at him from the south, while another tank came at him from the north. He easily dispatched my wounded Tiger, then turned on the other two tanks that went at him piece meal and eliminated them. All the while the Su-122-44 sat still and did nothing.

With it now 1-on-1, the SU moved to the north cap. The IS6 circled around and came from the South East, but did so from the hill. He fired and hit the SU, knocking off half of its life. The SU of course bounced off the front of the IS6. At this point I sent out GG and was just about to disconnect.... when the improbable happened.

The IS6 tried to go down the embankment, but he nose dived straight down, crashed the front end of his tank into the dirt and died, leaving us with the victory.

He completely outplayed us at the end, and was poised to grasp victory for his team, when gravity interceded!

================
In a game on the mountain pass map, a Lowe basically camped in our north base all game and did nothing. When all that was left was him versus 4 enemy tanks, he ended up going down the embankment to the west of the cap, but managed to JUST stay out of the water. Three of the enemy tanks proceeded one by one off the edge of the cliff and into the water to drown whilst trying to get that last kill! If the 4th and remaining enemy tank had not been a scout, I bet he would have gone to his death as well in his zeal for trying to get a last kill and some XP that he could have gotten just as easily by sitting on the cap.

==============

I have also noticed that if a tank comes out and is exposed in the early game, 90% of the tanks on your team will stop and try to shoot that enemy tank. This leads to them being targets for arty as well as delaying them from getting into some strategic positions. I wonder if anyone else has noticed this and if anyone is able to use this as a tactic on some maps with platoons.

Mythary #2 Posted Feb 11 2013 - 22:59

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6976 battles
  • [IOC_5] IOC_5

View Postmacdaddy_o, on Feb 11 2013 - 22:45, said:

I have also noticed that if a tank comes out and is exposed in the early game, 90% of the tanks on your team will stop and try to shoot that enemy tank. This leads to them being targets for arty as well as delaying them from getting into some strategic positions. I wonder if anyone else has noticed this and if anyone is able to use this as a tactic on some maps with platoons.

I had the above happen today on El Halluf, to my team's benefit, in a Tier 5 battle. At round start I went to H7, a M3 Stuart was coming down the hill and swerved to shoot at me, over the next 5 minutes about half of the enemy team came to get me while my team shot at them from our hill. Maybe 3 enemy tanks went north along A1 and two other tanks survived to be hunted down. We took out the other team's heavy and most of their mediums which would  have given us issues due to their bloodlust. Needless to say it was one of the quicker El Halluf's I have faught.

ramattos1992 #3 Posted Feb 11 2013 - 23:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 7592 battles
  • [T-W-C] T-W-C
I had something similar happen the other day. I killed the last tank on south coast and when I peeked over the edge to kill it I did but ended up hitting his tank after he was dead and he killed me

Dr_Soviet #4 Posted Feb 12 2013 - 00:16

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 6131 battles
  • [CGN] CGN
My best memory of this game came from a game in my SU-5 way back about 3 weeks after american TD line was introduced, map was the sand river. Long story short i was only 1 alive and still had 3 shells while enemy had S-51 and T95. I was able to flank S-51 and 1 shot him after which i preceded to capture point and circle around a dead hummel while T95 was trying to chase me around the corpse. Good times good times.

IronDukes_Six #5 Posted Feb 12 2013 - 00:27

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17050 battles
  • [3-32] 3-32
Nice story, too bad it's lacking the replay... I could use a giggle.

A while back there was a vid on UTube of a match on the 'Mericun map, (sp on purpose).
Type or T62 was on point by waters edge. 3 killjoy rammres came at him, missed and plunged into the drink.

Had to shut 'puter down and go for a walk. Couldn't stop laughing for almost a 1/2 an hour!
Shoulda seen the looks from my neighbors as I beebopped down the strand giggilin', snortin' and wiping tears.

Edited by IronDukesFNG, Feb 26 2013 - 05:26.