Jump to content


World of Tanks Championship Series: Spring Season (Qualifiers)


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
393 replies to this topic

dance210 #381 Posted Apr 05 2013 - 17:52

    Associate eSports Manager

  • Administrator
  • 0 battles
  • 1,412
  • Member since:
    05-31-2012
Captain_Judo, will information be posted anywhere for the Open League before their battles, presumably, begin tonight as well?

I would hazard a guess that most of the information in terms of scheduling/maps would be the same, but I'm sure the Open League teams would like to know who they are facing this evening.

Thanks!

Captain_Judo #382 Posted Apr 05 2013 - 19:40

    eSports Manager

  • Administrator
  • 0 battles
  • 1,181
  • Member since:
    10-06-2011

View PostXav, on Apr 03 2013 - 23:34, said:

Captain_Judo, a few question for you on the minor league :

Answers might be obvious for everyone, but they are not for me :-)

How many points is given for a victory ? 2 points ? 3 points ?

When/how is the ranking established ? :

- After the 12 Games being played ?
- After the 12 Games, the 16 best teams are randomly assigned  to playoffs, the ranking is then done using a cup format ?
- After the 12 Games, the 16 best teams are assigned  to playoffs using their rank (1st meet 16th, 2nd meet 15th....) , the ranking is then done using a cup format ?
- After the 12 Games, the 16 best teams are assigned  to playoffs using their rank (1st meet 2nd, 3rd meet 4th...) , the ranking is then done using a cup format ?
- Another way ?

Thanks !

3 points for a victory, 1 point for a draw. No points for a loss.

Ranking will be updated once a week after each weekend's battles.

Playoffs will apply traditional seeding based on ranking at the end of regular season play.

View Postdance210, on Apr 05 2013 - 17:52, said:

Captain_Judo, will information be posted anywhere for the Open League before their battles, presumably, begin tonight as well?

I would hazard a guess that most of the information in terms of scheduling/maps would be the same, but I'm sure the Open League teams would like to know who they are facing this evening.

Thanks!

The Open League won't begin until April 19th. Registration for the Open League begins on April 12th.

dance210 #383 Posted Apr 05 2013 - 19:49

    Associate eSports Manager

  • Administrator
  • 0 battles
  • 1,412
  • Member since:
    05-31-2012

View PostCaptain_Judo, on Apr 05 2013 - 19:40, said:

The Open League won't begin until April 19th. Registration for the Open League begins on April 12th.

Will teams need to re-register for the Open League if they participated in the qualifiers, but didn't make they Minor/Major leagues?

Captain_Judo #384 Posted Apr 05 2013 - 19:52

    eSports Manager

  • Administrator
  • 0 battles
  • 1,181
  • Member since:
    10-06-2011

View Postdance210, on Apr 05 2013 - 19:49, said:

Will teams need to re-register for the Open League if they participated in the qualifiers, but didn't make they Minor/Major leagues?

Correct. There are no teams invited to the Open League.

Edited by Captain_Judo, Apr 05 2013 - 19:52.


Xav #385 Posted Apr 05 2013 - 22:06

    Corporal

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 33
  • Member since:
    07-14-2010

View PostCaptain_Judo, on Apr 05 2013 - 19:40, said:

3 points for a victory, 1 point for a draw. No points for a loss.

Ranking will be updated once a week after each weekend's battles.

Playoffs will apply traditional seeding based on ranking at the end of regular season play.


Thanks for answering however you have not answered my question yet

I should have said when will the "Final" ranking be established ?

- After the 12 games ?
- After the 12 games + playoffs ?

Asking another way, if a team is ranked 6th after the 12 games, and win all games in the playoffs. Is this team ranked 6th (winning 1000g each), or is this team ranked 1st ? (winning 20000g).


Also, could you explain a bit more what you mean by "traditional" seeding ? (examples would be great)

Thanks

Xav

Unker #386 Posted Apr 05 2013 - 22:20

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 344
  • Member since:
    07-02-2011

View PostXav, on Apr 05 2013 - 22:06, said:

Thanks for answering however you have not answered my question yet

I should have said when will the "Final" ranking be established ?

- After the 12 games ?
- After the 12 games + playoffs ?

Asking another way, if a team is ranked 6th after the 12 games, and win all games in the playoffs. Is this team ranked 6th (winning 1000g each), or is this team ranked 1st ? (winning 20000g).


Also, could you explain a bit more what you mean by "traditional" seeding ? (examples would be great)

Thanks

Xav

I'm not "official", but I think I can answer this one.   :smile:

The ranking after 12 games seeds you for the tournament.  If you don't make the tournament, your seed is final.  (17-24 get 1000)

In the tournament, 1st plays 16, 2nd plays 15, etc. in a "traditional" bracket layout.  If you lose in the 1st round, you are 9-16.  It doesn't really matter which because you get 1000 and you don't get promoted.

If you win the 1st round, you will get promoted to the majors the next season.  If you lose the 2nd round you are 5-8 and get 1000 as well.

Bottom line, once you are in the tournament and seeded, how much you win is based exclusively on how far you advance and not how you did during the season.

Captain_Judo #387 Posted Apr 05 2013 - 23:11

    eSports Manager

  • Administrator
  • 0 battles
  • 1,181
  • Member since:
    10-06-2011

View PostUnker, on Apr 05 2013 - 22:20, said:

I'm not "official", but I think I can answer this one.   :smile:

The ranking after 12 games seeds you for the tournament.  If you don't make the tournament, your seed is final.  (17-24 get 1000)

In the tournament, 1st plays 16, 2nd plays 15, etc. in a "traditional" bracket layout.  If you lose in the 1st round, you are 9-16.  It doesn't really matter which because you get 1000 and you don't get promoted.

If you win the 1st round, you will get promoted to the majors the next season.  If you lose the 2nd round you are 5-8 and get 1000 as well.

Bottom line, once you are in the tournament and seeded, how much you win is based exclusively on how far you advance and not how you did during the season.

Well said! :great:

Fatigatti_AR #388 Posted Apr 06 2013 - 05:30

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 81
  • Member since:
    02-01-2012

View PostCaptain_Judo, on Mar 09 2013 - 02:39, said:

Yes, unfortunately, if you lost before tonight, you're eliminated from qualifying for the Major and Minor Leagues for this Spring Season.  :sad:



The advantage at the end of the battle when the battle is complete.

As for the scenario you drew, Team A would have a 2-1 advantage after the 3rd battle. By submitting the requested "paperwork" they would be determined as the winner after Battle 5.
Sory for my english, isnt my native language. I want to tell you Captain_judo that you are not doing well with the implementation of this "new rule" because, you are not respecting the original condition of victory for a game, that is Capture or Destroy all enemy tanks. You are adding a new condition of win, that is 8 points tiers advance. This are sicking the game style. I think that you are doing wrong implementing this rule for all cases. In that example team B must be the winner, because they win 3 of 5! they effective win. BUT if in 5 games, there is not a clear winner with 3 victory, then and ONLY then you can apply this new rule. So this is respect for the original victory condition format . You cant apply this rule everytime, think it. Or if you really like this rule, then implement if ingame setting, like a battle mode with tiers weigth. so the winner will be the team who have more tier points or capture the base or destroy all enemy tanks.

Edited by Fatigatti_AR, Apr 06 2013 - 05:33.


Logos #389 Posted Apr 06 2013 - 06:08

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 270
  • Member since:
    03-12-2011
First of all my compliments for SIMP for the incredible match. GG´s.

Second, with all respect, this new draw rule is disastrous. It's a big change in the tournaments configuration and I think it is not justified. My reasons are as follows:

1. This game has two forms of victory: a. Destroying all enemies or b. Making a cap. Any other type of victory is outside the limits of the game does not feel natural, cause IT IS NOT IN THE MECHANICS OF THE GAME.

2. This NEW CONDITION OF VICTORY and it´s not within the parameters of the game, not even reflected on the scoreboard. This should be a supplementary rule, but not a victory condition.

3. I understand that these rules seek to avoid the long draws, but this is a LEAGUE SCORING. Why not just give 1 point to each team if they tie the 10 or 25 battles? Have you seen soccer matches?

4. This is a change that considers some complaints of some teams because of camping. Do you have an idea if this complaint is REPRESENTATIVE of the majority of the competitors?  In a tournament with this dimensions, changes as delicate as this, should not be implemented. Try these rules with a skirmish, scrimmage or tournament last month, and then make a poll. But please not in a tournament that lasts 3 or 4 months.

5. This strategy does not encourage the attack and does not give a final solution to camping. In fact, it gives more POWER to the team that KILLS the first tank. In a battle 5 on 5, if one team loses one tank, the other one just has wait. Naturally the one with 4 tanks will have all the downside as it has to be the first one to expose the tank, and in with this quality of players you can´t deliver that opportunities. So it’s the same logic than not having the rule, but it gives more non necessary complexity to the game. This rule makes comebacks almost nonexistent.

6. So, you say if someone starts to abuse of this last point, can be reported? C´mon this makes the game more and more entangled. Every time you put a rule that is not within the mechanics of the game, it makes it less natural and attractive.

7. When a team camps with the old rules, IT IS THE DUTY of the other team to break that camp. In my opinion camping it´s misconcepted. For me it’s just a way to establish a legal strategy within the game mechanics. And we at CAZA don’t like camp…but when we see it, we feel challenged to try to break it.

8. Can someone tell a defensive strategy of a camping situation? What if I see that the opposing team has more firepower, I'm forced to attack? Why I cannot defend, try to get a draw in order to change the configuration of my team?

9. Why so much concern for completing each gap or chink, that can be found in the game? Not all complaints must be answered ... I repeat ... if a team camps ... ITS DUTY of the other team to manage to WIN. My team CAZA has faced in many opportunities with this problem and sometimes we can solve it, some do not, but it’s definitely a thousand times better than this new rule.

In short, I am personally very disappointed in the rule, the way it is applied, having little technological support (not reflected) and the instance in which it is applied (probably one of the most important competitions of the year ). Honestly is the first time in more than two years of continuous game that I don’t feel like wanting to play a tournament.

I hope this review will be considered by the gm's, considering I have experience playing this kind of championship with my clan (we are not in CW), which for us is very important.

Regards,

Edited by Logos, Apr 06 2013 - 06:11.


RedPrince42 #390 Posted Apr 06 2013 - 13:31

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 641
  • Member since:
    09-30-2011

View PostUnker, on Apr 05 2013 - 22:20, said:

I'm not "official", but I think I can answer this one.   :smile:

The ranking after 12 games seeds you for the tournament.  If you don't make the tournament, your seed is final.  (17-24 get 1000)

In the tournament, 1st plays 16, 2nd plays 15, etc. in a "traditional" bracket layout.  If you lose in the 1st round, you are 9-16.  It doesn't really matter which because you get 1000 and you don't get promoted.

If you win the 1st round, you will get promoted to the majors the next season.  If you lose the 2nd round you are 5-8 and get 1000 as well.

Bottom line, once you are in the tournament and seeded, how much you win is based exclusively on how far you advance and not how you did during the season.

View PostCaptain_Judo, on Apr 05 2013 - 23:11, said:

Well said! :great:

My two cents:

Promotion should be based on how you play during the season, while prizing should be based on the playoffs (as described here). So, if you finish ranked 1st-8th in the regular season, you move up to the Majors. If you win all 12 matches and then have a bad day and lose in the first round of the Playoffs, you are still one of the best teams in the league, aren't you? Shouldn't you move up?

Here's another reason why this should be the case:

Last night, I was very surprised to see that Cap Fast Nation lost to Tanith First and Only, 3-0. No matter how you look at it, by efficiency or by previous record of victories, Cap Fast Nation is a top team, so how could they not win once? Well, the answer is that half their team was doubling up in Skirmish 14, which ran at the same time as the Championship Series matches. They won that and will be playing again tonight (I think). So, what happens if they lose again tonight in the Championship Series because they are playing in the Skirmish? They start the season 0-2, and it's entirely possible they won't finish ranked in the top 8 teams in the Minors . . . but they may be thinking that's okay because they can always move on by winning in the first round of the playoffs, as long as they finish somewhere in the top 16.

I'm really not trying to pick on Cap Fast Nation. My team was nearly forced to make the same decision they made, and we probably would have made exactly the same choice. My point is that for relegation and promotion a consistent system should be used -- if relegation is based on ranking at the end of the season, promotion should be based on the same thing. If you look at the soccer leagues of Europe, you'll see that promotion is based on the season, not on the playoffs. Titles and prizes are based on playoffs, and that's how it should be here.

Okay, Ed, start explaining to me why I'm wrong please ;-)

Unker #391 Posted Apr 06 2013 - 15:53

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 344
  • Member since:
    07-02-2011

View PostRedPrince42, on Apr 06 2013 - 13:31, said:

My two cents:

Promotion should be based on how you play during the season, while prizing should be based on the playoffs (as described here). So, if you finish ranked 1st-8th in the regular season, you move up to the Majors. If you win all 12 matches and then have a bad day and lose in the first round of the Playoffs, you are still one of the best teams in the league, aren't you? Shouldn't you move up?

Here's another reason why this should be the case:

Last night, I was very surprised to see that Cap Fast Nation lost to Tanith First and Only, 3-0. No matter how you look at it, by efficiency or by previous record of victories, Cap Fast Nation is a top team, so how could they not win once? Well, the answer is that half their team was doubling up in Skirmish 14, which ran at the same time as the Championship Series matches. They won that and will be playing again tonight (I think). So, what happens if they lose again tonight in the Championship Series because they are playing in the Skirmish? They start the season 0-2, and it's entirely possible they won't finish ranked in the top 8 teams in the Minors . . . but they may be thinking that's okay because they can always move on by winning in the first round of the playoffs, as long as they finish somewhere in the top 16.

I'm really not trying to pick on Cap Fast Nation. My team was nearly forced to make the same decision they made, and we probably would have made exactly the same choice. My point is that for relegation and promotion a consistent system should be used -- if relegation is based on ranking at the end of the season, promotion should be based on the same thing. If you look at the soccer leagues of Europe, you'll see that promotion is based on the season, not on the playoffs. Titles and prizes are based on playoffs, and that's how it should be here.

Okay, Ed, start explaining to me why I'm wrong please ;-)

While this is certainly an option, I personally prefer it being based on the playoff results:

It add a level of intensity to the playoffs that you could never get otherwise.  The first game is a MUST win.  For anyone that has ever participated or followed team competitions, those are far and away the most exciting games you will every watch or participate in.  In your example above, what if the skirmish came during the first round of the playoffs?  Since the payouts are so much better in the majors, they could have ended up as a top 8 team and then "tanked" the playoffs, since they are being promoted anyway.  They made a choice to play in both - why is irrelevant.  Right now they are an 0-1 team and if they end up 0-2, then they will probably have to win 7 of their last 10 games to make the playoffs.

Also, with a short season, if you base promotion on the season only, then the matchups become even more important.  Since you only get to play 12 of the 40 teams, there will be teams with tougher schedules, (or teams that have to play Fast Cap Nation on skirmish night)  :hiding: and even though going 7-5 will probably get you into the playoffs, you will need at least 9 wins for top 8.

Either way works in reality, though I prefer the playoffs being used to promote. (I also support the draw rule, though that's another topic).  Between every season, there will be adjustments in how the league is run based on what went well and what didn't.  If most people prefer promotions on season results only, it can be changed.  You already know that the number of games in the season will be increased and that may result in a change in the structure of the league (divisions, etc.)

RedPrince42 #392 Posted Apr 06 2013 - 16:29

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 641
  • Member since:
    09-30-2011

View PostUnker, on Apr 06 2013 - 15:53, said:

While this is certainly an option, I personally prefer it being based on the playoff results:

It add a level of intensity to the playoffs that you could never get otherwise.  The first game is a MUST win.  For anyone that has ever participated or followed team competitions, those are far and away the most exciting games you will every watch or participate in.  In your example above, what if the skirmish came during the first round of the playoffs?  Since the payouts are so much better in the majors, they could have ended up as a top 8 team and then "tanked" the playoffs, since they are being promoted anyway.  They made a choice to play in both - why is irrelevant.  Right now they are an 0-1 team and if they end up 0-2, then they will probably have to win 7 of their last 10 games to make the playoffs.

Also, with a short season, if you base promotion on the season only, then the matchups become even more important.  Since you only get to play 12 of the 40 teams, there will be teams with tougher schedules, (or teams that have to play Fast Cap Nation on skirmish night)  :hiding: and even though going 7-5 will probably get you into the playoffs, you will need at least 9 wins for top 8.

Either way works in reality, though I prefer the playoffs being used to promote. (I also support the draw rule, though that's another topic).  Between every season, there will be adjustments in how the league is run based on what went well and what didn't.  If most people prefer promotions on season results only, it can be changed.  You already know that the number of games in the season will be increased and that may result in a change in the structure of the league (divisions, etc.)

Reasonable enough. Deciding which games to tank and which not to tank is part of playing in mulitple events. And I really don't object to the playoffs determining promotion; either way, it's going to be teams from the top 40% moving on.

I also support the Draw rules, because that's how it's apparently done on the other servers. We're trying to get NA in line with everyone else, so we have to play with the same win conditions. We have to stop thinking about an 8-point spread draw as being a "draw", that's all. Yes, it would be nice if the program would recognize that as a win, but since it doesn't . . . we do it how we can.

moozac #393 Posted Apr 17 2013 - 02:39

    Private

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 6
  • Member since:
    10-15-2012
looking for a team if you have any question about me feel free to ask or PM in the game

zoltron_mario #394 Posted May 05 2013 - 05:50

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 25
  • Member since:
    10-01-2011
WGA screw up again !!!!
got today (may 5, saturday) in the special battles for open league and 2 of them were poping up only seconds apart confusing the crap out of me
so instead of thinking of strategy i was thinking how to divide my team to make both of them, after i realized that they were from yesterday I had no chance to prepare my team for the battle properly which cost us one lose to a team that we won last week
also for the 1st batlle from group 1, i had nobody from our team to join because all our player were in the  the second battle from group 2nd which was at the same time just seconds apart.   We still received a lost !!!
Please fix the probems because its very frustating and unfair
i have screenshots so if you want me to post i don't know how to post it here i can email them to you if you can give me the email were i can sent my complains
don't expect the reimburstment but it would be nice
hope it won't cost us the advance to the minor league