New Maps for Clan Wars Please?

map clan war new suggestion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

FrodoFailed #1 Posted Feb 12 2013 - 05:40

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9240 battles
Okay no, I haven't played in Clan or any tournaments. I usually PUG because I have a twisted sense of humor. But... I was thinking of trying the Rise of the Americas event, joining a clan and whatever to get in... and a thought popped into my brain.

Are the Maps for Landing Zones and other Zones like Atlanta really the maps of that area in RL (Real Life)? Because if they were, that would be cool.... it would be something unique that would add so much more to the gameplay. Can you imagine along with me playing a battle in Atlanta as it stands TODAY being the battle zone?

Stalingrad and other cities in WWII are famous for the battles that decided their fate... but Atlanta would be a even greater battle.

So I'm suggesting or asking if anyone else thinks that would be cool, to actually request WOT (et al) to make us some real world maps for landing zones... use the major cities of the U.S.

I imagine that there is software that can scan a topographical map to obtain elevation readings... maybe as a way of re-creating the actual terrain. U.S. Military maps have topographical information... probably available online in some form. Heck, just Google Map the area of the World you want and click the "topographical" button... and use that to create a map? I'm sure the WOT mapmakers are more than capable of such tasks, I mean look at the maps they made so far.

Just a suggestion, I think it would be so cool to really land in Atlanta to take over the Zone. Interest would certainly be high for such a feature?

_Putin #2 Posted Feb 12 2013 - 05:54

Major

• Players
  • 18790 battles
  • [D-O-S] D-O-S
You won't like the Pacific Northwest.

In some regions it's like Dragon's ridge

ed_anger #3 Posted Feb 12 2013 - 05:59

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 13813 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
better yet, Wargaming could give us real tanks to drive around in US cities and fight with, and the results of these battles will be reflected on the clan wars map.

Trigback223 #4 Posted Feb 12 2013 - 05:59

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11338 battles
Yes, please make tons of forest maps in Oregon, I would love to have to clear my own path through the dense forest.

HaikuFoxy #5 Posted Feb 12 2013 - 06:47

Major

• Players
  • 5619 battles
  • [ANZIO] ANZIO

View PostMrsmilieyfaceC8, on Feb 12 2013 - 05:54, said:

You won't like the Pacific Northwest.

In some regions it's like Dragon's ridge
Wait wut?
I don't think the NW has bamboo and terrace farming with straw huts.
[On a side-note, what do you think of my signiture?]

FrodoFailed #6 Posted Feb 12 2013 - 20:59

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9240 battles
Well, according to the news http://worldoftanks....esports-league/ about Wargaming's Professional eSports League (the one with the huge prizes/read about it)
::Wargaming's Global eSports Director, Jonghyuk Baak, has this to say about the development of the Wargaming.net League:

"The scale and popularity of competitive gaming has been skyrocketing over the last couple of years, and we have now reached the point where we can focus significant effort on advancing World of Tanks on to the global eSports scene. Wargaming.net League is a groundbreaking step in our quest to bring the game’s eSports potential into the international spotlight.”::

So tell me what could be better tp provide the best content than some really good maps that would set the tournament style play apart from the everyday humdrum and spark more interest... and be a lot of fun?

To all the comments above yo... it's about having a new map like the real terrain. Maybe someone from Portland Oregon could appreciate the fun of defending their home terrain? Maybe that big high hill overlooking the city where the VA hospital is would make a great hill to conquer... and think how much fun to drive a tank through the park...

I'm just saying if it is possible to make an elevation overlay and then create a map from it, I'm sure Wargaming.net has the expertise. It can't be that hard if I can think of it...