General Thoughts over the years

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

Shadows_Unrest #1 Posted Feb 13 2013 - 12:45

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8575 battles
I wouldn't say that I'm a veteran of WoT, but nor am I a new player, and these are just some recollections of the fun times, and bad moments I have had over the years  :Smile_Default: . Looking back, I feel pretty sad that I only have maybe 3 dozen or so screen shots to try to capture these 2 years of gameplay :Smile_mellow: , and many of the highlights are missing  :Smile_ohmy: . I suggest to you, my fellow tankers, to take a screen shot of every little thing you feel which is abnormal, or slightly funny, and go back and review all of them and delete the ones which you feel are unnecessary. Point is, what isn't funny to you now might be hilarious when you look back over your shoulder in the next few years.

Opinions of the game: WoT can't be called "The Best Game of The World" but it is something which you can't miss out. General gameplay experience is largely effected by the community of players, and I have to say, our community is really bad. From the beginning of your career in WoT you can see that the game is infected and targeted by various trolls (sadly I am one of them :Smile_trollface-3: , sometimes, not anymore though :Smile_teethhappy:.) You have people bashing on you about the way you play, your in game name, your stats, your amount of battles, your tank, and just about anything really. These people make themselves feel better with the knowledge that they are ruining someone's day :Smile_sceptic: . And we have those who just sit at base and start cussing out players, or start talking about life. Not to mention the non stop platoons of high tiers with low tiers :Smile-angry: . But hey, what can i say? I used to do that all time :Smile_teethhappy:. Not anymore... maybe...  :Smile_smile:  The game itself is pretty unique, well not really, with the vase amount of games out there in every possible genre, what I'm trying to say is, there won't be another game like WoT. The game itself is as realistic as it can get... for now, remember the good old times where you can't dive bomb people from cliffs due to a invisible barricade? The game has evolved from simple ballistic simulator to a game which you can innovate where can shoot people from the most unexpected places for the most LOLZ.  :arta:  Not that its a bad thing of course. Being a troll which I am :Smile_veryhappy: I find its easier to get laughs these days. :Smile_glasses:  You can play the game however you like, from being a troll to a die hard, and still be somewhat successful, WoT doesnt really do much, they just give you a tank, a okay~ish ballistic simulator and connect you to 29 other players from wherever, the game itself is all about the players(forget the tanks for a minute), its all about how you and your team react to whatever other players do, and how they react. :Smile_popcorn1:  Its not a game where you think about tactics 24/7 sometimes you can just forget about whats going on around the map and focus on shooting that damned peek-a-booing batchat or whatever :Smile-bajan2: . Sometimes doing the most unexpected things can put you in a favorable position like sliding off a hill behind a column of enemy tanks and have them go WTF!?!?! and turn around to engage you allowing your team to shoot them in the back of the turret... hopefully. Then again, nothing really goes the way you plan it. Sometimes your team just watch your HP bar behind the mountain go down by the hundreds, sometimes you have teammates talk about how stupid you are while your getting shoot around the corner, you never know. Sometimes the team might just have a few bright people who see what you are trying to do and help out... a little. Its all about perspective. People have a tendency to forget little things like if your outside the radio range of another player, your minimap looks different from theirs.  :Smile-hiding:

Some Screenshots of "The Moments"

Live Oaks, the team decides to abandon city and go for a rush down the train tracks leaving 3 tanks to die alone. Well not alone, we didn't notice the team had abandoned us until we were surrounded completely. Me in my IS8, with a Tiger and a VK3601 held off 8 enemy tanks in this little corner, managing to kill only a IS3 and damaging the whole lot of them. We won in the end, so no complaints there.  :Smile_great:

A WTF!?!?!!?!!?^100 moment. It was 12 vs 15, I was in my IS7 on the team of 12, with the only other tank being a bat chat, while the rest of my outnumbered team was composed of purely artillery. Enemy team had 3 heavy tanks, 2 of them being tier X, and a tier X TD, and they had 2 light tanks, potential scouts, and almost the same amount of artillery as us. Needless to say, we lost. Though we probably lost before the game even started.  :Smile_mellow:

Ran out of upload quota or something like that xD sorry guys.

Shadows_Unrest #2 Posted Feb 13 2013 - 12:51

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8575 battles
Alright something is up, i havnt used up all of my upload quota, its telling me something about This file was too big to upload, even though its the same size of the previous uploads.  :Smile_ohmy:  :Smile_amazed:  :Smile_ohmy:  me sad. Oh well. See ya along fellow tankers!

MinigunSF #3 Posted Feb 13 2013 - 12:53

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4439 battles
Why such short post? You should elaborate more...

Shadows_Unrest #4 Posted Feb 13 2013 - 12:57

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8575 battles

View PostMinigunSF, on Feb 13 2013 - 12:53, said:

Why such short post? You should elaborate more...
I have to be a bit honest here, I want to say more, but Its freaking 3:55 AM here and i have school tmw. lol this post was really just to bring out the last screen shot, i made a post about it and had it locked and deleted. and its for a few friends to see that im not lying and that i really got into a 12 vs 15 battle. XD why where you hoping to see something?

Dark_Immortal #5 Posted Feb 13 2013 - 13:15

Captain

• Players
  • 11571 battles
So much emotion in such a short amount of time  :Smile_ohmy:

ligerox #6 Posted Feb 13 2013 - 13:21

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 3508 battles
  • [BFPA] BFPA
So much smileys  :Smile_glasses:  But a good effort for this time in the morning.

It's nice to see i am not the only one who feels that way about the game.

perlfreak #7 Posted Feb 13 2013 - 13:44

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 4983 battles
Posted Image

ConnorSwift #8 Posted Feb 13 2013 - 13:56

Major

• Players
  • 14107 battles
  • [LKY56] LKY56

View PostCrimsonBird, on Feb 13 2013 - 12:45, said:

Some Screenshots of "The Moments"

Live Oaks, the team decides to abandon city and go for a rush down the train tracks leaving 3 tanks to die alone. Well not alone, we didn't notice the team had abandoned us until we were surrounded completely. Me in my IS8, with a Tiger and a VK3601 held off 8 enemy tanks in this little corner, managing to kill only a IS3 and damaging the whole lot of them. We won in the end, so no complaints there.  :Smile_great:
Attachmentshot_002.jpg

Nice little "last stand" there.  i'm surprised that an overwhelming force was wiped out by a tiny force.  Hm... :Smile_sceptic:   If u could do it, then why not the  Germans in WW2? :Smile_sceptic:   A question for another time and another place, not here though.