British vehicles

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

gemyniraptor86 #1 Posted Feb 19 2013 - 23:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
I just joined this game, and I realize that there are some changes coming in this regard in the next update, but I figured I would give as much suggestion support as I could.

When I logged in the tankipedia to see what british equipment there was, I was appalled. You are missing so much, not to mention you give many of their tanks to the Soviets, but not to their parent nation. So as a prominant British player of Flames of War, I can certainly provide what I feel is needed to have a sound representation of the British Empires power in terms of armor.

Light tanks:

Stuart mk I-V 37mm

Tetrarch OQF 2pdr

Medium tanks:

M3 Grant

Sherman Firefly Vc OQF 17pdr (if not other Sherman variants)

Valentine Mk VIII OQF 6pdr (as the heavier and better gunned vesion of the Valentine series)

SPG/TD:
3" Churchill Gun Carrage

Sexton OQF 25pdr SP

Archer OQF 17pdr SP

Achilles M10c 17pdr SP

Bishop OQF 25pdr SP

The Self propelleds/tank destroyers are where the British list is really lacking, and the Firefly. If you were to add those alone you would be effectively representing those of us that wish to share our love of British Armor.

SULOMON #2 Posted Feb 19 2013 - 23:45

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postgemyniraptor86, on Feb 19 2013 - 23:44, said:

I just joined this game, and I realize that there are some changes coming in this regard in the next update, but I figured I would give as much suggestion support as I could.

When I logged in the tankipedia to see what british equipment there was, I was appalled. You are missing so much, not to mention you give many of their tanks to the Soviets, but not to their parent nation. So as a prominant British player of Flames of War, I can certainly provide what I feel is needed to have a sound representation of the British Empires power in terms of armor.

Light tanks:

Stuart mk I-V 37mm

Tetrarch OQF 2pdr

Medium tanks:

M3 Grant

Sherman Firefly Vc OQF 17pdr (if not other Sherman variants)

Valentine Mk VIII OQF 6pdr (as the heavier and better gunned vesion of the Valentine series)

SPG/TD:
3" Churchill Gun Carrage

Sexton OQF 25pdr SP

Archer OQF 17pdr SP

Achilles M10c 17pdr SP

Bishop OQF 25pdr SP

The Self propelleds/tank destroyers are where the British list is really lacking, and the Firefly. If you were to add those alone you would be effectively representing those of us that wish to share our love of British Armor.
They are adding probably all or the vast majority of those tanks in the next 2 or 3 updates. Tetrarch is already in the game but it's Russian.

Edited by SULOMON, Feb 19 2013 - 23:46.

Vladimir__Poutine #3 Posted Feb 19 2013 - 23:51

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
1. Archer is going to be a TD.
2. The Teterach is already a Russian lend lease tank but I think its gonna be a British tank soon.

tvanderhart #4 Posted Feb 20 2013 - 00:01

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postgreekguy, on Feb 19 2013 - 23:51, said:

1. Archer is going to be a TD.
2. The Teterach is already a Russian lend lease tank but I think its gonna be a British tank soon.

Really?  When?  Current line doesn't have the Archer.

GRB_Duck #5 Posted Feb 20 2013 - 00:04

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postgreekguy, on Feb 19 2013 - 23:51, said:

WRONG.
Tetrach is on NA server - we got them as Christmas presents 2011 - if you were around.
I still have and play mine.

Strikeroflife #6 Posted Feb 20 2013 - 00:23

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostGRB_Duck, on Feb 20 2013 - 00:04, said:

WRONG.
Tetrach is on NA server - we got them as Christmas presents 2011 - if you were around.
actualy he is right its gor the russian star because its the russian lend lease version

Wyvern2 #7 Posted Feb 20 2013 - 00:25

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
both the stuart and grant already exist, their actual nation of origin is the USA, and they're already in that tree, the brits will probably get the grant as a premi though, since it isnt identical to the lee. the firefly will come out at some point, the valentine already exists in all forms, the tier 4 valentine having two turrets to represent the differences. Archer will probably come out, as will all the other SPG's/TD's u listed, the brits are new, as you might not know, and so they're barely developed to their full extent. I personally dislike the firefly, so i'm hoping for a new british lighter TD branch with the challenger as an interim Medium/TD, maybe tier 6, with 2 loaders, a high ROF and cromwell like speed and turret traverse. This could go to the avenger and other turreted TD's

captain345 #8 Posted Feb 20 2013 - 00:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
British tanks were just added into the game not to long ago so it's acceptable that there are some tanks/ spgs/ tds that are missing. The way tech trees are released are usually Light/ Med/ Heavies first then Tds/Spgs second. So just be patient and hang tight! We are all waiting for those tanks too!

SULOMON #9 Posted Feb 20 2013 - 00:56

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostGRB_Duck, on Feb 20 2013 - 00:04, said:

WRONG.
You're wrong about him being wrong.

gemyniraptor86 #10 Posted Feb 20 2013 - 01:10

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
oh yeah forgot the A30 Challenger

gemyniraptor86 #11 Posted Feb 20 2013 - 01:13

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostWyvern2, on Feb 20 2013 - 00:25, said:

both the stuart and grant already exist, their actual nation of origin is the USA, and they're already in that tree, the brits will probably get the grant as a premi though, since it isnt identical to the lee. the firefly will come out at some point, the valentine already exists in all forms, the tier 4 valentine having two turrets to represent the differences. Archer will probably come out, as will all the other SPG's/TD's u listed, the brits are new, as you might not know, and so they're barely developed to their full extent. I personally dislike the firefly, so i'm hoping for a new british lighter TD branch with the challenger as an interim Medium/TD, maybe tier 6, with 2 loaders, a high ROF and cromwell like speed and turret traverse. This could go to the avenger and other turreted TD's
I know they are American and exist, but the Brits ran different variants and actually they saw action in british hands before american. And also since the Russians have the Tetrarch L/L version, why not have the Brit Lend Lease vehicles.

gemyniraptor86 #12 Posted Feb 20 2013 - 01:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
I will say I was impressed with how many early war Brit equipment was represented (the Cruiser series, AKA the A9, A10 and A13 outside the game, and the Vickers). these tanks aren't very well known and are often overshadowed by the prodominance of American made, British improved equipment.