Research tree - Guns and turrets

guns turrets research

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

AdmiralCidron #1 Posted Feb 20 2013 - 19:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Suggestion

In a given tanks research tree, there are generally multiple guns, and even a turret or two to research along the way.   I propose that it (the tech tree) display that it requires a given turret (or better) to mount it.  There are many examples, but, you get the idea.   Beats spending research time on a project that wont show immediate dividends, and coin to find out that you cant mount that gun until you research the needed turret.  Yes, you have it for the future, but you didnt research it for the future !  You researched it for the NOW.

SULOMON #2 Posted Feb 20 2013 - 19:49

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
All you have to do is click on gun or turret characteristics.

stugger #3 Posted Feb 20 2013 - 19:59

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
Correct me if I am wrong but if its absolutely necessary to research the turret before you can even research the gun, then you will need to mount the turret before mouting the gun

Nox1 #4 Posted Feb 20 2013 - 20:25

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Yeah, the gun has to be researched after the turret anyways so that's a giveaway.

Celebrim #5 Posted Feb 20 2013 - 20:26

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
1) If a turret has to be researched before a gun can be researched, the gun requires that turret to mount it.
2) If you click on the gun, you can get its properties.

AdmiralCidron #6 Posted Feb 21 2013 - 04:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Missing the meaning, a little bit..   For example, I understand that a gun AFTER the turret on same line, pretty much means, that this gun will need the turret.   But, if there are multiple guns along a different line of research in a given tank, do any of them require the newer turret?   Examples for use

1.  Lets open the Tiger-p for example..  the base turret, visually, looks to accomodate all the guns.  Is that in fact correct?
2.  Panther II appears to be saying that the 8,8 KwK 36/L56 and the 8.8 KwK 43/L/71 require the upgraded turret, whereas the other three guns (base + 2) only require the base turret.  Am I understanding this right? (in both examples)

The 2 examples, if I understand, both are 'yes'.  But, I am more asking about the 3 guns in example 2, the panther.  They dont really say which turret if any are required.  THAT is my intended question. Basically, do GUNS that dont come behind a turret, in fact, require a given turret to mount properly.  (again, example two has three guns that dont, and, there is no information on if they do or dont.  the basis of the question).

The question is not specific to the Tiger or Panther, but the layout of the research tree in regards to mounting guns in turrets.

Edited by AdmiralCidron, Feb 21 2013 - 04:09.