Historical Battle

new game mode we could use

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

grego34 #1 Posted Feb 21 2013 - 00:35

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Historical Battle
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This kind of entertainment, being a variation of company battles, is going to be available for organized teams (we do plan some simplifications for individual players of how to find the suitable company). Visually the mode will resemble Clan Wars "in miniature". Expected time of completion a single scenario (battle) is going to be up to 2 hours. Consequently, in terms of time "consumption" and player commitment, Historical battles are expected to take place somewhere in between Company battles (with 1h per day) and Clan Wars (with 3-6h per day). Currently we are polishing the concept of this game mode to prepare it for the production. The main feature of Historical battles is obviously historical setups of the vehicles, broken into periods. Playing a 1941 battle, there will be no Tigers and IS's available, in 1943 you won't see any T-54s and E-50s... Actually, there will be no T-54s and E-50s at all in this mode . At first Historical battles are going to be limited by World War 2 time line, later on the period can be extended (eg include Korean War and the respective vehicles fought there).

Was supposed to come out last quarter of 2012

how soon before this will be out for us to play??  i am tired of all of these NON WW 2 tanks playing in a match with real tanks that were in WW2 battles..   too many paper ( tanks in blue prints only) or prototypes tanks like the E series going against Tigers-shermans, T-34's -and other famous WW 2 tanks..  WOT,  quit adding so many new tank lines  for awhile and try to make the game more exciting with new game modes like this one.. there way over 1000 variations of tanks out there now and that should be enough for awhile..

Edited by grego34, Feb 21 2013 - 00:37.

Victorinox3 #2 Posted Feb 21 2013 - 00:41

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
You mean like War thunder has in beta?   Although warthunder you can use any plane

zachdogg #3 Posted Feb 21 2013 - 01:09

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
i think, keep adding more tanks, like chinese tds but right now i would like some new game modes, my personal one i want most is garage battle, enter in a small tank then die and pwn in a huge tank

Chopa #4 Posted Feb 21 2013 - 01:11

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Sounds awesome. I hope this will progress to a stage where battles only contain tanks that were in that battle, in suitable proportions, and on the right sides. So we won't see 15 Tigers taking on 15 Shermans, but maybe 1 Tiger and a raft of PZ III's and IV's.
  Most of the servers I play in IL2 via Hyperlobby do this now with restricted quantities of the better aircraft. This will require a little innovative thinking since in WoT folks "own" the tanks. Perhaps a sign up system to fill slots for a forthcoming game at a set time will be the answer.

F1zzzy90908 #5 Posted Feb 21 2013 - 01:18

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostVictorinox3, on Feb 21 2013 - 00:41, said:

You mean like War thunder has in beta?   Although warthunder you can use any plane

That's because there is just not enough players in HB to limit it to planes from that specific time period. Kind of sad, because it's an amazing game.

Mary_The_Mare #6 Posted Feb 21 2013 - 01:19

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostVictorinox3, on Feb 21 2013 - 00:41, said:

i really get tired of people talking about war thunder....these are the WoT forums not the Warthunder forums..

although im all for new game modes provided that they are polished first.

grego34 #7 Posted Feb 21 2013 - 01:48

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
they don't have to be too polished, thats what patches are for  :Smile_teethhappy:   i look to the day though that mode will be out

brazilianPE #8 Posted Feb 21 2013 - 02:00

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Yeah, historical battles will be nice, i dont aprecciated the introducion of the chinese line, the chinese tanks are most of copies, prototypes and etc.(i have a t-34 soviet, and i hated the chinese t-34, it have better traverse speed than soviet) :Smile-angry:

I think other things should have priority, like european or japanese line, or the entire british line, and this battle mode suggested below.

And another important thing to be implemented(fixed) is some terrain failures, like ghost walls and lands, happens even in recent reworked maps.

grego34 #9 Posted Mar 22 2013 - 19:22

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
you have a selection of what mods to play, standard,encounter and assault. make the same option for tanks in a game.  pre WWII, WWII and  Post WWII tanks only in a game.

routier1642 #10 Posted Mar 24 2013 - 08:11

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Oh, man!

I have been hanging out for proper HB since day 1.

Do you realise that 1/2 of the tanks in this game now never existed?
Many of them never existed for good reasons - like the fact that they didn't actually work.
Laser beam flying saucers may as well be in the game as some of the fantasies that we see doing impossible things on the battlefield.

Battles with REAL TANKS.

WANT!  NOW!

Shadowcat20 #11 Posted Mar 26 2013 - 08:33

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I would love to get in some of these.

I wonder if they could make the MM balance by tier levels. SO tank matchups would be say 20 ,30,or 40 Tiers per side with a breakdown in subtiers. Not all Tigers or Shermans but a few big cats with a expanding percentage of smaller ones below it. It may also be interesting if when you enter you commit both a allies and axis tank from your garage and let MM fill slots that way. You will be on one side just not sure which. This may make it possable to have sherman hordes vs a few tigger twos. Arty may have to be reduced till you get the proper mix though.

The balance issue will be making sure nothing too big is out there that can not be hurt. With going to only Historical tanks in proper time frames it should kill off most of the upper tier make beleive tanks.

1940 French Ft's, Chars, H35's Matilda's vs Pz I, PzII, Some PzIII, and 38T's.

so on

It would be it's own critter though and may not be a like for all players.

grego34 #12 Posted Mar 26 2013 - 10:15

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
a interesting setup :great::great: has to better than some of these MM setups i have been in. :sceptic:

Edited by grego34, Mar 26 2013 - 10:16.

Shadowcat20 #13 Posted Mar 26 2013 - 21:47

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Was thinking on it last night and came to the conclusion we are over complicating things.

NO mm may work better. Just set up the battle, pick the tanks, crews, ammo loadout, and any other extras. Players just click a buttion saying they want a historical battle, another click for a specific one or random, and one last click for side. Use the random clicks to fill out missing spots in battles. No picking tanks or souped up vehicles. Give a one minute historical blub at the start with objectives for your side and let them go at it. Experience and credits will go into the players account. Up side is they can bulk out their generic XP balance quicker, down side is no crew is getting trained. XP trick may be a incentive to get others to try it on top of a chance to play tanks you may not have earned yet.