Game client won't open

crash

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

Pvt_Snuggles #1 Posted Mar 01 2013 - 01:38

Corporal

• Players
  • 8112 battles
Hello fellow tankers, this actually isn't a problem of mine but a friends problem.

Problem - Upon clicking play on the game launcher a white windowed screen will appear and then close... this is the client opening and closing (confirmed with task manager) this generates no errors of any kind and produces no logs (no python log either).

Stuff I tried
  • Uninstall/Reinstall (Fail)
  • Copy my WoT folder + my app data to my friends laptop (Fail)
  • Download the game using WoT launcher (Fail)
  • Download the game through torrent (Fail)
  • Download the game through direct download (Fail)
  • Reinstall DirectX (Fail)
  • Update graphics drivers (Fail)
  • Use old graphics drivers (Fail)
  • Use modified graphics drivers (Fail)
  • Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 x86 and x64 (Latest and old ones)
  • Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 and x64 (Latest and old ones)
  • Change preference file to start the client with minimum graphics, fullscreen/windowed at the correct resolution (Fail) (All it did was open a black screen and then close)
  • locked refresh at 60
  • UAC disabled
  • resolutions changed
  • set the launcher and client to run as administator
  • Removed Free AVG 2013 and disabled Windows Firewall through gui and registry
  • Formatted hard drive and reinstalled OS, updates, drivers.. etc etc etc..,. (Fail) <<<<<<< As a personal note you would think this would've fixed it but it didn't made me cry all that time spent...
  • Flipped table (Satisfying)
So yeah....... this is messed, he can play other games I can't help but feel that it's his specific hardware components that WoT disagrees with... my friend has never played WoT so I have no knowledges of whether it would work before the 8.0 patch, we first tried getting it to work with the 8.2 patch but when that didn't work we waited till 8.3 and was met with more fails.....

I have gone through multiple posts and its just people suggesting to do the stuff I've listed above, what surprises me most is that the wargaming team hasn't even commented on this issue which leads me to believe that it doesn't affect enough people for them to care.

As a side note, I didn't forward ports through a router or anything because this has been tried at 2 different locations and this sort of problem wouldn't be caused by a routing issue...

As for computer specs I can't remember to much

Radeon HD 6250 graphics card
3 GB Ram

Edited by Daimon_Hellstrom, Mar 01 2013 - 03:36.

Percieis #2 Posted Mar 01 2013 - 01:39

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10592 battles
Try running as an admin. That works for me when updating.

Pvt_Snuggles #3 Posted Mar 01 2013 - 01:41

Corporal

• Players
  • 8112 battles

View PostPercieis, on Mar 01 2013 - 01:39, said:

Try running as an admin. That works for me when updating.

Already tried that, as you can see its in the list as (16)

Percieis #4 Posted Mar 01 2013 - 01:42

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10592 battles

View PostDaimon_Hellstrom, on Mar 01 2013 - 01:41, said:

Already tried that, as you can see its in the list as (16)
Oh, sorry. Maybe I should read the full post next time.

heavymetal1967 #5 Posted Mar 01 2013 - 01:46

Major

• Players
  • 72005 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
Not sure what you mean by number 17,

disabled and uninstall security
but I know this from personal experience.

A while back a Windows update turned on Windows Firewall (I run another one) and I wasn't aware of it until I couldn't access WoT.  After doing some checking I realized Windows Firewall was turned on and lo and behold WoT was blocked.  Removed the block, granted WoT permission before I turned Windows Firewall back off - no problem.

Check his firewall AND antivirus settings (if you already haven't) even if he's not running Windows Firewall WoT may have got blocked by the Firewall and/or AV he's running.

Good luck.

Edited by heavymetal1967, Mar 01 2013 - 01:48.

Pvt_Snuggles #6 Posted Mar 01 2013 - 03:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 8112 battles

View Postheavymetal1967, on Mar 01 2013 - 01:46, said:

Not sure what you mean by number 17,  but I know this from personal experience.

A while back a Windows update turned on Windows Firewall (I run another one) and I wasn't aware of it until I couldn't access WoT.  After doing some checking I realized Windows Firewall was turned on and lo and behold WoT was blocked.  Removed the block, granted WoT permission before I turned Windows Firewall back off - no problem.

Check his firewall AND antivirus settings (if you already haven't) even if he's not running Windows Firewall WoT may have got blocked by the Firewall and/or AV he's running.

Good luck.

He was using Free AVG 2013, so I already knew that Free AVG doesn't have a firewall so it uses Windows Firewall I probably should've included that I turned it off and changed the registry so that it wouldn't turn back on for any reason...
but thx for the suggestion

D_X_T #7 Posted Mar 01 2013 - 03:40

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31046 battles
  • [BBICT] BBICT
Submit a ticket and your awnser within 24hours,simple.

Pvt_Snuggles #8 Posted Mar 01 2013 - 05:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 8112 battles

View PostD_X_T, on Mar 01 2013 - 03:40, said:

Submit a ticket and your awnser within 24hours,simple.

While I don't think they'll be able to help considering the other posts I read the tickets didn't really help but it doesn't hurt to send one in

dmc111 #9 Posted Mar 01 2013 - 21:21

Private

• Players
  • 6087 battles
same issue WoT is pointing towards my graphics card, but so far loads about half way after white screen then stops. Been a week and i am freakin out MAN.

doyleclarkpatrick #10 Posted Mar 04 2013 - 05:37

Private

• Players
  • 5 battles
my big issue is when it's updating the over 4k mb files it's doing fine loading the update but suddenly it went into not responding mode and subsequently crashed the loading and the icon on the desktop displays an error everytime i try to click on it saying it can't find the data or something.  has this been a constant issue with older computers?  i got mine back in '07 i believe so i am really annoyed at this problem occurring.

Edited by doyleclarkpatrick, Mar 04 2013 - 05:38.

KFCBowl #11 Posted Mar 05 2013 - 03:38

Private

• Players
  • 3250 battles
Im new too and having the same problem. please post if you get a solution.

dmc111 #12 Posted Mar 05 2013 - 14:11

Private

• Players
  • 6087 battles
Rolled back driver have Razor game boost nothing works, as soon as i bought gold.....i Know that has nothing to do with it. have uninstalled and re-installed. when i click on launch screen no issue. Hit play white screen about 5 seconds then loads just under half then stops.

SoftSkin1 #13 Posted Mar 05 2013 - 23:18

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
My client launcher seems to hang when the notice "Updating Modules" appears..
I'm guessing the devs are more focused on getting ver-8.4 up and running.. OutSpark used to behave like that from time to time.. The devs would focus on weeding out the issues with the next major update release then tending to minor "in their eyes" issues with the prior releases, which for our case seems to be WOT-ver-8.3.

I'm pretty sure once the minor details with WOT-8.4 are sorted out, the whole client launcher issue for most of us will be moot.

Footnote... LOL I'm new to WOT.... Just my luck to sign up when the next big update release is about to be issued.. and I can't log in with 8.3 to cut my teeth with the newbie tutorials...  :Smile_veryhappy:

Reznov89 #14 Posted Mar 07 2013 - 17:41

Private

• Players
  • 4004 battles
im having this same problem

SoftSkin1 #15 Posted Mar 07 2013 - 17:51

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
:Smile_veryhappy:  LOL it's 8.4 and the same as before with v8.3.... My client launcher would load up everything fine, up-to "Updating Modules" then.. checking the Task Manager I find "World Of Tanks Launcher Not Responding" forcing me to end process to save my sanity. I could both  :Smile_veryhappy:  and yet  :Smile-angry: blow up like a Tzar Bomba over the hilarity of it all!!!

I shall however remain patient and hope the developers can sort things out soon. I really would love to play but it seems I can't so ummmm... Guess I'll go on with daily life today and contemplate what driving a Leichttraktor aka LOLTraktor is like later tonight.  :Smile_veryhappy:

dmc111 #16 Posted Mar 07 2013 - 19:34

Private

• Players
  • 6087 battles
At least you get that far, i load about 40% before it stalls. prior to that it just went white screen and crash to desktop.

jazovec #17 Posted Mar 07 2013 - 20:42

Private

• Players
  • 22419 battles
  • [_MM_] _MM_
I have the same problem - white screen at start up. Does anyone have the solution yet?
After i reinstalled my win 7 i downloaded the last game version and i started to get this white screen. Before that i ave played whit almost no problems for years. I even put a new video card GForce 560. No change. Help. Please.

Reave #18 Posted Mar 11 2013 - 03:11

Corporal

• Players
  • 6520 battles
I just had this same problem recently, as in today. Though I launch the game directly through the exe through steam (no launcher), it still starts to load but then CTDs
I thought it was from a mod I installed but after reinstalling the game I affirmed that that wasn't the case. I was going to try all sorts of other methods but I guess I have you, Daimon, to thank for saving me a larger amount of time trying all those other methods, especially the OS reinstall (I will have to try flipping a table, though, to do something that'll actually work).
For that, if you ever want to roll with me in this game feel free to ask (once this issue is fixed, of course).

Here's to having the problem solved swiftly!

JurBurr #19 Posted Mar 11 2013 - 05:18

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
Im new to this game and know little about computers, I seem to have this same problem and almost quit this game before trying it.
I can play LOL without issues so I know its this game  :Smile_sceptic:

Plebian #20 Posted Mar 11 2013 - 12:56

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 15662 battles
I 'think' parts of this game use Flash player (the intro splash screens when you first start the game) so try updating flash player.

Also tagged with crash

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users