The more things change.......

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

Rudkav1tch #1 Posted Mar 05 2013 - 18:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32757 battles
  • [FGTVE] FGTVE
The more things change...the more they stay the same.

I have been on these forums for about 1 1/2 years. I stopped posting about 6 - 8 months ago. I do stop in every once and a while and read some post for fun. Guess what...they are the same posts pretty much ever time. OP tank this...Bad players that...RNG this...Atry that....Bad map this.....MM that.....Garbad compensating for shortcomings....and so on. It really has not changed.

I would just think to my self ...what idiots...what noobs...... And Garbad...buy a life allready.

But something just dawned on me. It's not the posters who create the problem. It's World of tanks. Why you ask. Think about it. Different people...1 1/2 years...same complaints.

Lets pick a topic.

There is a thread here about the RNG. One of probably a hundred by now.

The RNG is flawed. We have all seen the evidence. I have hit a t-50-2 with an E 100 round and done nothing. Sorry guys, that just aint right. So..after 1 1/2 years WOT has fixed it, right? Nope..if anything it has gotten worse. Now, why has it gotten worse. Well, marketing I suspect is the actual answer. Look up the damage for a JPe-100, E 100, Object 268, Foch 155 and so on. Wow that is some kick butt damage. to bad that when the RNG gets done with it and you factor in no damage, bounces and low rolls(we won't even get into misses) it is really about 1/2 that number in the game. So what does this have to do with marketing? If the tanks actually did thier average damage most of the time, WOTs would have to drop the damage amount..or can you say "way OP tank". There are allot of people who just plain buy thier end tier tanks or use some money to skip some tanks to speed up the grind to that godly beast. Tighten up the RNG and would you be in a big hurry to pull out your money on a JPe-100 that does 550 damage on average?....marketing.
There are allot of things they "could" fix in this game. But I think for the most part they either it would hurt thier bottom line or they may just have no way to fix them, like making all tanks play different. Hard to make 100+ tanks all unigue.

I'm just bored. I might be right...I might be wrong. Feel free to discuss not flame.

mp31b30q9 #2 Posted Mar 05 2013 - 18:53

Major

• Players
  • 30816 battles
  • [-SG-] -SG-
Well from the official wiki:

"................The details of some game mechanics are being held "close to the vest" over at Wargaming.net. To the maximum extent possible, we have provided all the data we know about game mechanics."

Can't think of another game that hides it's game mechanics or the "Official Wiki" for the game saying it outright.

Ask yourself - Why is that?

Blueref #3 Posted Mar 05 2013 - 19:06

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20224 battles
  • [B-O-W] B-O-W

View PostRudkav1tch, on Mar 05 2013 - 18:44, said:

I have hit a t-50-2 with an E 100 round and done nothing.

How come I can never get an E100 to bounce or pen with no damage on my tier 8's?  Just once, please.

kapsiolaaaa #4 Posted Mar 05 2013 - 19:16

Major

• Players
  • 12929 battles
The on paper specs for tanks is what makes most people decide.
How many people look at aimtime, gun dep, impulse and other hidden stuff like ground resistance.
Now you and i both know how many would run after the new british td. But the issue is that can it survive on non city maps and be equally effective. If those tds are what they look like in test server, tier10 population would insta drop.

25% is a bit too much imho. Also the power creep. I am just waiting for a tank / arty combo tank that has 2 or 3 arty shells and rest normal ammo. Its possible and just like batchat arty its unique.

JagderBomb #5 Posted Mar 05 2013 - 19:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 13665 battles
  • [-WC-] -WC-
It's ALWAYS about the money! +1

Rudy__102_ #6 Posted Mar 05 2013 - 19:22

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14510 battles
Mechanics .......most of the tanks never seen each other either on the battle field or even in real life. You have to have some kind of balance for the sake of the game.
Some people will not like it but those people are not designers of this game and they have to just play and accept the way designers see this game.

Dolfi #7 Posted Mar 05 2013 - 19:41

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18993 battles
  • [4SNG] 4SNG
RNG is my worst enemy. missing/bouncing/penning for no dmg for 5 or more shots in a row, for absolutley no reason pisses me off.
or missing/bouncing/... the killing shot and getting killed the next 10 seconds by the guy I didn't kill.
putting 5 shots in a tanks and getting him 1 shot away from being killed then missing the next 5 shots, untill someone kills it. it's even more fun when that is your "top gun" kill.
aiming at an enemy tank chassis and hitting its turret 5 times in a row.
gold ammo used in my Hummel bouncing or 0 dmging over and over again (but my arty is mostly missing ever since the last pacth).

and so on...

Edited by Dolfi, Mar 05 2013 - 19:42.

Rudkav1tch #8 Posted Mar 05 2013 - 20:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32757 battles
  • [FGTVE] FGTVE

View PostRudy__102_, on Mar 05 2013 - 19:22, said:

Mechanics .......most of the tanks never seen each other either on the battle field or even in real life. You have to have some kind of balance for the sake of the game.
Some people will not like it but those people are not designers of this game and they have to just play and accept the way designers see this game.

Mechanics. More like reganonimics. Here is your balance. I predict the T57 will stay mostly as is for till at least the next patch. Why..they are still making money off of it (XP conversion). I predict the new British TD will be basically OP. It will stay that way for a patch or 2...why...they will be making money off of it (XP conversion). Now. Before you say something. Think about this. I took me 2 games in my T57 to go...wow..this is gonna be fun. Why..because it reloads to fast and shoots to fast and aims to fast. I guess WOT devs did not notice this....wink. I can live with the balance stuff, if there was some.

I am sure glad most buisness are not like that. "you don't like you $28 Big Mac" to bad..that's how McDonalds sees it. If people grew a pair and just said no...i'm not giving you any money for this month...or maybe the next...till you fix some things. I bet they would see it allot differently very quickly. But to many people are sucked into "we can't do anything about it". Hate to break it to you, you are the only one who can. So don't give me that crap. If you choose to sit there..great. I personally have cut my spending by about 80%.

EDIT: Actually the only thing the annoys me about this game is the stats they quote about the tank...mostly a load of who-ha. tell me the truth and don't give me a tank that is obviously to good and then nerf the carp out of it once you have your money. I pretty much think a 8 year old can tell if a tank is Op. I am sure the Devs are older than that .

Still bored and having fun.

Edited by Rudkav1tch, Mar 05 2013 - 21:06.